It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Is that another cap or something that is swinging around on the Boa deep Sea rov 2? If so, where is it going to go?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if this leak had thousands of pounds of pressure, wouldn't you see a blurred image of the oil coming out because of the velocity? or am i missing something.

I have said something to this effect on another thread, is there anyone that can tell us what this supposedly extreme pressure should look like, or if in fact super high pressure looks like what is flowing through the BOP?
To me it does not look that menacing, but I know nothing.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Idk, it looks like thousands of pounds of pressure to me! Im looking at Skandi ROV2 and the flow is really intense.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It might not all be coming out of the TOP of the well. Just a scary thought, but who knows .. YET!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The flow looks about the same to me, PSI wise. However, what are they doing at Ocean Intervention III ROV?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is this monstrous looking thing they are lowering now?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c529535251f9.jpg[/atsimg]

I caught this briefly on Boa Deep C ROV 2 before it suddenly went blank. ?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

yeah I was watching that earlier but they were only showing the bottom when I was watching it. That is why I thought it was another cap of some sort and curious as to where they were going to put it. Guess we will just have to keep watching the mystery...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
BOA 2 is active for me right now and they are still working with whatever that is.

Caption says LDIS Pile Installation. Probably part of the secondary riser assembly that is going in.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I was just watching this yellow "new" looking monster. It came very close to the cam at one time - then backed up, twirled around and some kind of small object with wires attached moved over the top of it. It looks to be a container of some type connected to it. Waiting for ideas on what this might be.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
woodshole.er.usgs.gov...
This is a study done by scientist on the northern gulf. Although I don't understand most of the science speak I can read the maps.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I saw them lower it to the ground, and the whole bottom section which wasn't painted yellow sank into the ground. Then they raised it. I was recording video of it when they did that. I haven't been keeping an eye on it since, but I'm still recording (it's just easier to record it and play it back 16x later so not to waste so much time).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well now, apparently Skandi 1 has a drawer in it that it just took weights or something out of and there was writing inside the drawer that said Stacie Cakes.

Who is a rig person who knows exactly what Stacie Cakes are? When I Google it, I get nothing but cake shops.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I can't stay connected to BOA 2 for more than a minute at a time now. They keep shutting the feed down. Same thing happens on all feed sets I try.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Same here too, keeps dropping the connection and then an alert box keeps popping up in my face while I'm trying to read something else, ha. In any case, I got a good look at it earlier and recording of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I wonder what that hard black stuff around the white wire on top of tophat is right side...????

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just got news that TD Alex has JUST entered the gulf... it is not expected to hit the rig but to go west of it at this time...

5:09 EST

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The flow seems to be much stronger today
than it was late last night.

Cameras are working ok for me without any interruptions.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
anyone watching skandi rovie 1 notice what appears to be coke type material on the whitewire ?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
that's asphalt i areckon... maybe not

i have my own ideas about what this well really is!

twill be ok, after all

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

whats ur own ideas of it is ?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join