It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man attempts to hold up gas station with caulk gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Man attempts to hold up gas station with caulk gun
By Lindsey Bomnin | Friday, June 18, 2010, 11:51 AM

Police have issued an arrest warrant for a man accused of injuring a gas station clerk while attempting to rob him — with a caulk gun.

The suspect fled the scene in the company of a transgender prostitute he’d picked up earlier in the evening, according to an affidavit issued by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office.

The affidavit says the clerk, Johnnie Limuel, 68, told police that a man dressed in women’s clothing entered the Speedy Stop on East 51st Street around 4 a.m. June 7 and bought a pack of cigarettes and $5 worth of gas, the affidavit said.

Just after he walked out to a red pickup truck at a gas pump, another man — who police later identified as Jose Alejandro Romero, 17 — walked into the store with a caulk gun partially visible under a white t-shirt, the affidavit said.

The man pointed the caulk gun at Limuel and demanded money, the affidavit said.

Limuel told police he thought it was a joke when he saw the caulk gun, but the assailant continued to demand money, the affidavit said.

The man struck Limuel with the caulk gun after he could not open the cash drawer, the affidavit said, then Limuel struck back, hitting the man with a plastic trash can.

The assailant left the store without any money and sped off in the red pickup truck, the affidavit said.

The other man, later identified as Kenneth Williams, a transgender prostitute, told police that Romero had picked him up from the street before the attempted robbery, the affidavit said.

Williams spent the night driving around with Romero as he got money from several locations including his mobile home to buy and smoke crack, the affidavit said.

It was during this time that Williams suggested they stop at a gas station, because he wanted to buy cigarettes, the affidavit said.

Police confirmed Romero’s identity yesterday when they visited his mobile home where his mother also lives, the affidavit said.

Police have not arrested Romero, who has been charged with aggravated robbery, the affidavit said.

SOURCE

Ok fellow ATS'ers... this one was WAY TOO GOOD not to post!

Got me thinking though... when TSHTF... if you couldn't use a gun, knife, sword or something that is generally thought of as a weapon, what weapon would you turn to in an attempt to gain the money you needed for food, survival or to pay for your transgendered friend? lol

I am not sure I would go caulk gun... i am more of a tennis racket guy.

[mod edit: added required EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the laugh. The title alone made me giggle. You have to wonder what goes through people's minds. In most cases I assume it's alcohol.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I dunno...

When you have a hot transgendered prostitute waiting for you in the car, well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Hehe... caulk gun (say it out loud once)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Too bad perp couldn't "seal the deal."

"Give me all the dough or else I'll bind you with blue painter's tape and spackle the place."

Me, I'd probably just go with the old hairspray-lighter-flamethrower bit. Aquanet has a nice fragrance too.

www.aqua-net.be...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Was the caulk gun loaded?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I like kicking someone in the groin, throwing down a bag of marbles and running like heck! Works in the movies...

That way, when I rob the gas station attendant, he couldn't hit me with the garbage can - runing my night of fun with my transgendered prostitute and looking for crack. Instead, due to poor planning, this guy just got sent back to his mom's trailer!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It is pretty apparent to me that some fairly disturbed individuals seek employment as LEO to satisfy their innate need to inflict pain or harm on another living being, whether human or canine. All under the protection of their badge and the Law.

That happened a few miles away from my house.

What a freak, I mean did you read who the would be robber had with him?

besides caulk....

Some people are sick, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey, at least he had gotten to spend a nice evening with the fine lady.... errr.... gentleman..... err... all of the above..... driving around town getting money to buy crack!

Now that's how I like to show MY transgendered prostitutes a nice night on the town!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Rock out with your caulk out!!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Rock out with your caulk out!!

LOL!!!!!

Nothing quite as nice as taking a transgendered prostitute out for a night on the town....

....especially when you get to use your caulk!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

He has obviously never heard of the Eddie Murphy defence. I thought it was fairly easy to get guns in the US?..

As for my weapon of choice a frozen banana in the pocket, just point it at people and they'll spilt! The cold keeps you alert too

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I also like a wiffle ball bat (the big red kind) for the hollow "tdunnk" sound it makes when hitting someone in the head.

Not a very practical weapon (due to the fact it wouldn't cause any actual damage) but a neat one!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A baseball bat, crowbar, or tire iron.

A chainsaw might be quite intimidating...

new topics

top topics

join