It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO "Spheres" - Radnor Forest, Wales U.K. - 3/12/2010

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hiya Easynow. I'm in NW England about an hour's drive from the Shrewsbury/ Wales border. The AFPU were interviewed on the Paracast a couple of months ago and really caught my interest as it's almost in my backyard. The interview is here....

March 21, 2010 — Co-host Christopher O’Brien with Ted Oliphant and Philip Hoyle

Co-host Christopher O’Brien presents a roundtable on the animal mutilation phenomenon featuring Ted Oliphant, a former law enforcement officer, and Philip Hoyle, of the Animal Pathology Field Unit. This is reported to be the first such broadcast discussion involving three experts on the subject.
Paracast: Download interview link

I was impressed enough to start writing a thread on it.

In the middle of writing the thread I noticed that all references and sources linked back to AFPU. There wasn't a single news source to independently support their claims of sheep mutilations, UFO sightings or struggling farmers.

Until corroborating, independent sources support their claims, I don't believe them.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by easynow

Hiya Easynow.
I was impressed enough to start writing a thread on it.

In the middle of writing the thread I noticed that all references and sources linked back to AFPU. There wasn't a single news source to independently support their claims of sheep mutilations, UFO sightings or struggling farmers.

Until corroborating, independent sources support their claims, I don't believe them.

WOW easynow shock horror did not expect that what were you saying again

The usual BS it seems why dont you watch my video link again

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by wmd_2008

I believe this to be real. The red beams of light, we called them the lighthouse type, they really do exist, they shine up and they shine across and they shine down. Weirdest thing ever, but they really do exist. Judging from a cross section of people I've talked to about my own experiences and their replies explaining similar encounters there must literally be tens of millions of people worldwide who have seen similar lights and beams.

Still waiting to see a good video from YOU as you seem to see these things every other week according to you, plucked up the courage to get closer yet

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyFever

This footage is probably real and from experience I can tell you that when experiencing something so amazing the last thing you think of is charge towrds it, you just stand your ground and gasp in amazement. I go for real with this footage, the guys sound genuine, the lights are typical ufo orbs morphing.

NO they are typical zoomed out of focus video of either stars or planes
look on youtube plenty of these REALLY BAD videos.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't believe them.

ok thanks for the info but if you don't believe them why are you posting a link to the paracast show ?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

I believe this to be real. The red beams of light, we called them the lighthouse type, they really do exist, they shine up and they shine across and they shine down. Weirdest thing ever, but they really do exist. Judging from a cross section of people I've talked to about my own experiences and their replies explaining similar encounters there must literally be tens of millions of people worldwide who have seen similar lights and beams.

Still waiting to see a good video from YOU as you seem to see these things every other week according to you, plucked up the courage to get closer yet

My footage has stood the test of critical time and so have I. It's the closest daylight footage of real ufo orbs around and no I don't see them every other week, these things are very timid and take real patience to coax down. Time is something I haven't had much of recently but I'll get some more on tape especially for you!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hiya Easynow, I posted the link to the show to be transparent. I was caught up in the story until I looked into it. If you listen to the interview and then chase up some references, you'll draw your own conclusions. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by easynow

Hiya Easynow, I posted the link to the show to be transparent. I was caught up in the story until I looked into it. If you listen to the interview and then chase up some references, you'll draw your own conclusions. That's all I'm saying.

hey i appreciate your input on this but i wish you would elaborate further by posting a short summary based on your interpretation of the paracast show and what do you exactly mean when you say "chase up some references" ??

does that mean you couldn't find any and in your opinion do you think the MSM would report the mutilation cases in question ? thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

so you are saying the witnesses fabricated the report and testimony and are liars ?

are you scared to call them liars ?

reply to post by ufoorbhunter

nm, i found it...

Google Video Link

[edit on 14-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Kandinsky,

If you have some free time, could you please go to the location where this event took place and take some day time photos of the surrounding area?

I am along with a few others are curious to see what the surrounding area looks like in the day time.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

hey i appreciate your input on this but i wish you would elaborate further by posting a short summary based on your interpretation of the paracast show and what do you exactly mean when you say "chase up some references" ?? does that mean you couldn't find any and in your opinion do you think the MSM would report the mutilation cases in question ?

The story of sheep mutilations and UFOs in the Shrewsbury/Wales border was all over the news....regional and national. Broadsheet, tabloid and local newspapers carried the story. The BBC ran with it too.

As it worked out, someone had already posted the story so I added the bones of my thread to theirs...Animal Mutilations Across the UK. It's a few posts down in the first page. You'll see what I mean if you read the half-dozen links in the post.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ok thanks, i see what you mean about the MSM reporting it.

two questions if i may ,

did you ever try to contact these people at APFU ?

did any of the media or anyone else attempt to contact the supposed owners of the mutilated animals from the APFU cases ? maybe you don't know the answers to that but i thought i would ask anyways.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

My footage has stood the test of critical time and so have I. It's the closest daylight footage of real ufo orbs around and no I don't see them every other week, these things are very timid and take real patience to coax down. Time is something I haven't had much of recently but I'll get some more on tape especially for you!

Well make sure when you do it's not the low res rubbish like you posted recently that could have been ANYTHING due to the POOR quality of the video and the fact you seemed to keep just the right distance to make sure NOBODY could work out what was really on your video!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

let me ask again,

are you saying the witnesses are liars ?

inquiring minds want to know

How do we know they are not? People lie. All the time.
That is part of any investigation - to see if the people telling the story are being truthful, exaggerating or flat out lying. It would never be wise to just take people's word just because and dismiss the fact that maybe.....maybe their story may not be all truth. The evidence must match the testimony. In any investigation (UFOs, murder, theft, etc etc) - lying is always a possibility and has to be rulled out.

They could be lying just as much as they are telling the truth. Wouldn't be the first time people lie about these things and it wont be the last time.

Go check out the HOAX forum - you will see lots of people who seek to deceive and lie.

Now with that said. I have no idea if they are lying or telling the truth. More investigation needs to be done. I havent even read the whole thread yet - but wanted to address this.

[edit on June 14th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

is there a problem with me asking wmd_2008 if he believes they are lying ?

just wondering why you jumped on that ?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyFever
You know, I don't know why people post crappy videos like this. If I saw a UFO, and I was filming it that long, I'd race as fast as I can toward the dang thing to get a good up close shot of it. People, if you see something like this, don't film it from afar, do all you can do to get ontop of the dang thing. THis one just has to get chucked up into the fake video pile, no matter if it were real or not. GET UP CLOSE.

And if you did that, race to get closer, in this area, you'd most likely be dead or at least recovering from several broken limbs in hospital.. It's the back end of nowhere and when it's dark, with little or no moon, you can just about make out your hand in front of your face.

I remember taking an American friend of mine around there parts and it scared the crap out of them in broad daylight. They could not believe that we have two way traffic on those sort of roads. They were also totally freaked out how the road would go from 20ft wide to 10 ft wide on a blind corner, that at night, is totally unlit.

That part of the *Marches* as it more properly called, is a pretty remote area full stop. Just cos mainland Britain is about the size of a Texas back garden fools many into believing it is somehow tame and totally benign, landscape wise. There are places, such as Cannock Chase, that are 20 miles from the centre of a huge urban connurbation where the weather can go from, a lovely summer's day to almost winter conditions in 30 minutes. I know a couple of people who have suffered hypothermia up there in July.

Plus this area has a relatively active geological history. it's no wonder there are tales of dragons and other such phenomenon. Earth lites, are not uncommon at all in the area.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The only source for the UFO and sheep mutilation claims are coming from the AFPU. I can't be any clearer than that. You can check the links in my posts. Paste any paragraph from any news source that has covered the story and they all lead back to a press release by the AFPU.

We aren't talking about MSM, we're talking about local newspapers and regional media outlets. If a person retires from a job after 30 years it gets a paragraph in the local news. The local high school dance gets a page spread. It's context. If a UFO flap involving lasers and sheep mutilations was part of the local conversation, they'd report it. They haven't.

Until someone other than AFPU presents independent evidence of anything unusual, I'm not convinced. Take it easy

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

ok so in other words the local news or press didn't cover it and the MSM didn't bother to check out the story's before reporting them. why am i not surprised about that ?

i'm sure your sick of talking about this case and i apologize for dragging you into this but i asked , have you ever tried to contact APFU ? and you didn't give me an answer. i just want to know if anyone has even bothered to try and talk to them and did they respond. i noticed they said on their site that they were being overwhelemed with inquiries but would respond to everyones requests.

how can you take the position of "not believing them unless you see further evidence" but never even bothered to try and contact them about it ?

or did you ?

p.s. -

if you don't reply back to me on the question, --> did you make any attempt to contact them or know of anyone else that tried, then i will assume you didn't try and you don't know anyone else that tried either.

please tell me you did try LOL

[edit on 14-6-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I often film the sky at the observatory,
and often just single stars and/ or planets ..
and these aren't stars.
or planets. lol

poor quality vids,
but weird ones for sure..

one of the more interesting ones I've seen in awhile..

I dont think this one is bs....
but damn...
thats effin weird! lol

thanks OP!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Please somebody, anybody in the area , please help with this case and get some day time photos of the surrounding area of the sighting location, so the rest of the community that is interested in UFO cases can start the investigation to what was observed that night.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

<< 1    3 >>

join