It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Turkish photographer is buried, other journalists aboard flotilla speak out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

As Turkish photographer is buried, other journalists aboard flotilla speak out

en.rsf.org

“I was released 72 hours after the start of the military operation. I was forced to go back into my cabin where they gave me a full search. They cut into the heels of my shoes to see if I had hidden anything there. That is how they found the copies of the photos we had kept. They seized my laptop, my camera and mobile phone. They only thing I was able to hold on to was my passport. They also took our photos.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I found this on the web today while looking at the latest news about the flotilla attack. This story includes a few personal accounts from journalists about what happened on the flotilla and during the days after. It also includes a few photos taken by one of the journalists that I haven't seen anywhere else. Hopefully this can help shed a little more light on what happened.

en.rsf.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Question... why are the commandos wearing the 'bank robber' style masks (the actual name escapes me)?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Question... why are the commandos wearing the 'bank robber' style masks (the actual name escapes me)?

I believe they're called Balaclavas or simply ski-masks. I would assume they wear these to conceal identities and to intimidate. It does however make them look a lot less like somebody that wants to check for weapons, and a lot more like terrorists.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Most commandos and special forces wear something similar. Makes them look a hell of a lot scarier they also wear lots of layers of clothing flak jackets etc. to make them look bigger and ultimately more intimidating.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Honestly- the look doesn't 'scare' me, just makes me think a) they have something to hide, and b) like idiots pretending they are playing online video games.

Then again, I dont scare easily any more, either.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I was humiliated by a policeman, although there was a woman officer there who was very polite. While interrogating me, he spat on me and called me an idiot. He even pulled my tongue.

An excerpt from the article, this is how the "good guys" treat the press?

new topics

top topics

join