It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I see you are still grasping the taint of humanity like some unholy beacon.

Good for you. We can't all be evil.

Who is paying you to lie and spread propaganda, Mr-Lizard?

So much for not attacking other members and playing nice, huh Mr. Lizard?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
And now the Gazans dont want the aid????

I guess the Kayatusha rockets they ordered were on backorder, so they just refused the whole shipment. ("C4! Where is the C4?!? What am I supposed to use to detonate myself with, vinegar and baking soda? Send the whole thing back!!")

Not Gazans - Hamas.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
I found a pretty good, fairly unbiased report on the whole thing. It's done by some news source in the US called The Young Turks? I've never heard of it but it DEFINITELY doesn't favor those on the VESSEL or IDF. The guy speaks fluent Turkish as well and is able to tell you what the people are saying.

Israel Flotilla Raid- Breakdown/Chronology

I find most of his presentation to be very objective, although he does descend into some bias towards the end but he is entitled to his opinion as the format of this show supports that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
very well researched and balanced video..imo thabk you for bringing it to the thread starred although it mentions the vid being cut , althought the one here is longer?

Yes, I've linked the longer video in an earlier post.

He does make some mistakes in his presentation. He says that the captain is pleading with the Israelis to stop firing because the crew has raised the white flag. However, at the end of the video he is discussing, the captain is actually telling the passengers and crew to stop resisting. Very important distinction.

And speaking of important distinctions, I think he makes some irrelevant analogies when he asks how Americans would feel if Iranians boarded a US vessel in international waters, or if Turks had boarded an Israeli vessel. He presents these situations in a vacuum, as if the MV Mavi Marmara boarding took place in a similar vacuum. If an Israeli or American ship had been attempting to run a blockade, then yes, Turkey or Iran would have every right to board those ships.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by gambon

Those "defensive weapons" were kitchen knives(used for cooking), pipes(used in repairs), wrenches and tools(repairs again) I have yet to see evidence for anything else.

Not to burst your bubble, but they had an assortment of things including slingshots, pretty brutal looking knives, what could pass as ax handles, and quite a few metal poles... Not to mention gas masks and what not.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Americanist]

First genuine laugh out loud of the thread, gf appreciated it too when I called her in to look, I've seen the vids on MSM pathetic meaningless propaganda.

Not sure who or what you'd be laughing out loud at. Are you implying nothing shown in those photographs were on board? First, people died... Secondly, I don't know about you, but blades the size of someone's forearm aren't exactly used for cutting onions. I guess they could be though.

There's always two sides to a story... Then the truth. Truth is, both parties have an agenda. I choose the side that keeps people happy and healthy. That boat could have easily been rendered helpless without ever having to jump on board. Problem solved... Hopefully you and your gf agree.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

And the Anti-Semite useful idiots will be here cheering it on the whole time.

Palestinians are Semites and Israelis are anti-Semites.

REDACTED.

I'm not sinking to those levels.

link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

What would you expect them to do with foreign nationals? Israel has no obligation to let them stay in country. And if they had kept them in country, you'd be complaining about how they are being held prisoner. Your true colors are showing. You are proving just how close-minded and ignorant you are.

I'm only going to address this part of your post... cause the rest of it was pretty pathetic

What would I expect to to do with foreign nationals? ... How about not kidnapping them in the first place. How about RELEASING them, letting them go, freeing them... Not to laughably use the LOADED word 'expel' ... Hence my comment about 'Way to spin a mass kidnapping'

Incidently,... I would suggest leaving the personal insults out of it. Wouldn't want to run afoul of the T&C's now, would you?

link   
Last straw of a drowning criminal.

Organizing spontaneous pro-IDF rallies

Lets throw it back into their faces

“Once again Israel faces hypocrisy and a biased rush to judgment,” Netanyahu said.

How stupid! We all saw how he threw those soldiers into the action.

“What would you do? How would your soldiers behave in similar circumstances? In your heart, you all know the truth,” said Netanyahu.

He made those soldiers kill innocent people to save his burning ass. It is so obvious. He would throw the whole region into the war for the same cowardly reason.

I like this one

“The same countries that are criticizing us today should know that they will be targeted tomorrow,” he said.

Under international law, Israel had every right to intercept the ship, he said.

He thinks it all ends here...

He did not address the calls by the international community for an independent investigation into the incident, but government sources have said that Israel has no intention of complying with that demand.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

REDACTED.

I'm not sinking to those levels.

I personally know several Jews and I don't hate them. On the contrary. Where did you get that idea? From your "Manual of random accusations"?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
I'm only going to address this part of your post... cause the rest of it was pretty pathetic

In other words you have no easy answer to the points I raised.

Originally posted by Dagar
What would I expect to to do with foreign nationals? ... How about not kidnapping them in the first place. How about RELEASING them, letting them go, freeing them... Not to laughably use the LOADED word 'expel' ... Hence my comment about 'Way to spin a mass kidnapping'

You're arguing semantics, gnashing your teeth over the fact they didn't use the words you wanted them to. Once again, your closed-mindedness and ignorance is showing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I find most of his presentation to be very objective, although he does descend into some bias towards the end but he is entitled to his opinion as the format of this show supports that.

Uroboros tactics again. You agree but you don't.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I personally know several Jews and I don't hate them.

Sure you do.

link   
reply to post by Skellon

Aye that is true. Most of it was pretty objective. He lays out the case pretty well. I don't think their is much to argue here anymore, just time to wait and see what Turkey and the UN/US do.

link   

reply to post by gambon

Those "defensive weapons" were kitchen knives(used for cooking), pipes(used in repairs), wrenches and tools(repairs again) I have yet to see evidence for anything else.

Not to burst your bubble, but they had an assortment of things including slingshots, pretty brutal looking knives, what could pass as ax handles, and quite a few metal poles... Not to mention gas masks and what not.

First genuine laugh out loud of the thread, gf appreciated it too when I called her in to look, I've seen the vids on MSM pathetic meaningless propaganda.

Not sure who or what you'd be laughing out loud at. Are you implying nothing shown in those photographs were on board? First, people died... Secondly, I don't know about you, but blades the size of someone's forearm aren't exactly used for cutting onions. I guess they could be though.

There's always two sides to a story... Then the truth. Truth is, both parties have an agenda. I choose the side that keeps people happy and healthy. That boat could have easily been rendered helpless without ever having to jump on board. Problem solved... Hopefully you and your gf agree.

I didnt get what he was on about either ...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I personally know several Jews and I don't hate them.

Sure you do.

Are you a Jew?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

reply to post by gambon

I didnt get what he was on about either ...

It's high school mentality much like the guys going back and forth at each other. Unfortunately, one group of these thugs had guns.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by Dagar

I am tired of my opponents in this debate using the word 'murder' to label the Isreali Navy Commandos.

If they were, as you claim 'murderers' they must have planned to kill the passengers all along? As that is what murder is; premedatated killing.

If that was the case, then why did they not just fire from the helicopter or plan a surgical laser guided bomb strike or maybe a torpedo launch?

The latter two suggestions would atleast have kept them off the Press.TV and Aljazeera footage.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

Murder is the unlawful act of killing someone. The Israeli Troops were operating outside of the law, in International Waters, and violated Maritime Laws when they boarded the vessel without permission.

Since their presence onboard the vessels was unlawful, so to would be killing someone onboard a vessel they were not given permission to board.

So yes the IDF murdered the aide workers on the ship. Murder being an unlawful act of killing.

See how that works.

They also kidnapped, stole, and pirated.

So the great news is for people who like murderers, they are much more, they are kidnappers and theives and pirates too!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Gaza flotilla raid: Joe Biden asks 'So what's the big deal here?'

www.guardian.co.uk...

US Vice President Joe Biden has offered the Obama administration's strongest defence of Israel's Gaza flotilla raid to date, in a interview on US television this evening, saying: "Israel has an absolute right to deal with its security interest."

Joe Biden: Look, you can argue whether Israel should have dropped people onto that ship or not and the – but the truth of the matter is, Israel has a right to know – they're at war with Hamas – has a right to know whether or not arms are being smuggled in. And up to now, Charlie, what's happened? They've said, "Here you go. You're in the Mediterranean. This ship – if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we'll get the stuff into Gaza." So what's the big deal here? What's the big deal of insisting it go straight to Gaza? Well, it's legitimate for Israel to say, "I don't know what's on that ship. These guys are dropping eight – 3,000 rockets on my people." Now, the one thing we have to do is not forget the plight of these Palestinians there, not Hamas – they're in bad shape. So we have put as much pressure and as much cajoling on Israel as we can to allow them to get building materials in, glass...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How about they are both Semites and some of the two most closely related peoples in the Middle East.

Unless National Geographic and all the other groups that are supporting genomic ancestral research are all a Zionist conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Are you a Jew?

I'm an atheist of American Indian, Welsh and German background. High cheekbones, blue eyes and tan-skin year-round. I'm gorgeous.

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join