It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+115 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

news.yahoo.com

HAIFA, Israel – Two TV networks are reporting that Israeli warships have attacked the six ships carrying pro-Palestinian activists and aid for blockaded Gaza, killing at least two and wounding an unknown number of people on board.

The Israeli military refused to comment on the report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+32 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ah Israel, showing its true colors as usual it would seem. I particularly love this little piece here:

Israeli warships stalked a flotilla carrying hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists, including a Nobel laureate and a Holocaust survivor heading for the Gaza Strip on Monday, edging closer to a naval showdown on the high seas.

That's right. The insane neo-fascist regime in control of that country is so out of line that it is willing to risk killing a holocaust survivor to stop this flotilla! Doesn't Israel use the holocaust to justify it's actions?

Really, the comparisons between a certain historical event and Palestine have been growing for a decade, but the irony of this situation has truly reached mammoth proportions now.

For those looking for a giggle:

CNN Int: Ben Wedeman: "It's a little hard to explain why it would be necessary to use this sort of violent measure"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wonder if they used white phosphorus

+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It would seem that turkish protesters have stormed the Israeli embassy and are refusing to let anyone in or out. The Turks have called an emergency meeting to discuss response (The ship attacked was turkish).

No news source as of yet, hopefully this won't turn into a war by tomorrow.

+36 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yes i just seen the live footage of this atrocity. Israel will pay for this as there is on board european legistors on board one of the boats. I think its time Europe flexed its muscles and move ships to gaza and stick 2 fingers up to israel. I like to see Israel attack a real army. God damn cowards

[edit on 30/5/2010 by loner007]

+16 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I believe this ship was backed by NATO....If this report is indeed true then Israel just attacked NATO and an attack on a NATO unit is an attack on every country that is part of NATO.

Actions should be taken against this Zionist country.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

This is what happens when you attack innocent people. Israel is soon going to regret their actions.

+20 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
The Turks have called an emergency meeting to discuss response (The ship attacked was turkish).

No news source as of yet, hopefully this won't turn into a war by tomorrow.

No war will break out. The Turks will respond by protesting at the UN. A resolution condemning Israel will be proposed and subsequently vetoed by the United States and Great Britain.

/shrug

+34 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well It's official...

Israel Is The Devil!

Goes to show that there is no low that is too low for Israel. I was hoping to see some form of humanity from them ( I know.. it's a big ask) this time around. Instead all they've really done is reinforce that they are every bit as bad as the Nazis.

I hope the backlash over this sees them very alone in the world.

Time to wake up America!

IRM

+23 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Dude it's Israel. They could gang rape every leader and their entire family while committing mass genocide, and the Western world would just smile and continue signing the checks. I really don't understand what everyone thinks was going to happen? How many times over and over has Israel blown the heads off of innocent people? Until the oppressed victims of Israel choose a new strategy of dealing with their oppressors, nothing will change. I honestly just see this as an act of stupidity.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Everyone should flag this thread due to it's importance!

Can't wait to see the Israeli apologists and propagandist show up here. I wonder what their excuses will be this time?

IRM

+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Alamo Ripper

...Why do you say that? You a shareholder in the company that sells them ammunition or something?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Can't wait to see the Israeli apologists and propagandist show up here. I wonder what their excuses will be this time?

Well here it is from Aljazeera, and Israel:

Israel said the boats were embarking on "an act of provocation" against the Israeli military, rather than providing aid, and that it had issued warrants to prohibit their entrance to Gaza.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
By the way, from watching the live stream from the news carrying all this. There's a riot going on right now at the Israeli embassy in Turkey.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This has the possibility to escalate into a major conflict, Turkey is no Lebanon..and if Turkey decides to retaliate with military action then this might be World War III unfolding before our eyes.

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Edited because hysterical *mumble* don't wanna think, just scream like 10 year old girls.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by wylekat]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Too all you people who think "Israel will pay" "action must be taken" etc. This isn't the first time and not the last time. Never has any effective action taken before and never will be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join