It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here we have a member of the Israeli parliament saying they were fired on first !

(CNN) -- Some of the first accounts emerged Tuesday from eyewitnesses who were aboard several boats stormed by Israeli forces as they approached Gaza the day before.

Hanin Zoabi, a member of the Israeli parliament, was on board the Miva Marmara, the ship that was the scene of a confrontation between activists and Israeli soldiers. That clash left at least nine people dead.

The Israeli Navy fired on the ships five minutes before commandos descended from ropes that dangled from helicopters, Zoabi said during a press conference in Nazareth, Israel. She said passengers on board the ship were unarmed.

www.cnn.com...

hmm an Israeli bucking her own government stating they were attacked before boarded .

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder which side is using megaphone ,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by gambon

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by gambon

Notice at 2:41 there is, what appears to be a hand gun in the activists hand as he leans on the wall for support.

Also, the voice we hear of the intercom is perhaps the captain?

If so, he is speaking after the boarding had occured.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

yes it looks exactly like a handgun.......im glad im not the only one actually looking at the vid with open eyes...

I remember the stairwell shot and kept playing it over and over, because my first impression was that it was a handgun as well.

After I reviewed the tape (way too many times),
I believe it to be a walkie talkie (the object is rectangular).

You may well be right in your observation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So, at first the Freedom Flotilla had no weapons. Now they had weapons, but it was only to defend themselves. You do realize that there is a lie in there somewhere, right?

I never said that they had weapons, I said that most Ship Owners and Captains have weapons aboard in case of piracy.

What I said is the presence of guns aboard vessels is common practice.

If I own a passenger or cargo ship and have a supply of weapons on board that does not make them my passengers weapons.

It makes them my weapons.

If my ship is being boarded I may choose to arm passengers for their own self defense and the defense of my ship.

Once again all you are displaying is your ignorance of sailing, and your ignorance of normal ships practices, to establish something that in fact has not been established.

Not only did I not say the ships were armed, what I did say is that ships are often armed, and I said then when telling someone that what they purport looks like a gun, is not necessarily a gun, but it is not uncommon for guns to be on board ships.

So not only did I not say what you are now purporting I said, which is why you were unable to display a direct quote of me saying that, but attempting to use what I did not say, and what you can not quote to establish as fact something that has not been established as fact.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As these people are repatriated to their respective countries the accounts, and evidence of this awful crime will only continue to mount. Thanks to the digital age there little if anything TPTB can do to sweep this bloody mess under the rug.

I predict that the PR for Israel will only get worse as the year continues, I believe we are witnessing a turning point in the Israel/Middle East situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Here we have a member of the Israeli parliament saying they were fired on first !

(CNN) -- Some of the first accounts emerged Tuesday from eyewitnesses who were aboard several boats stormed by Israeli forces as they approached Gaza the day before.

Hanin Zoabi, a member of the Israeli parliament, was on board the Miva Marmara, the ship that was the scene of a confrontation between activists and Israeli soldiers. That clash left at least nine people dead.

The Israeli Navy fired on the ships five minutes before commandos descended from ropes that dangled from helicopters, Zoabi said during a press conference in Nazareth, Israel. She said passengers on board the ship were unarmed.

www.cnn.com...

hmm an Israeli bucking her own government stating they were attacked before boarded .

Who is ready to debate this statement? I'm wondering...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
PROTOPLASMIC>>>"Once again all you are displaying is your ignorance of sailing, and your ignorance of normal ships practices, to establish something that in fact has not been established."

Im sorry those are not normal practices ...

Any aid organisation anywhere worth there salt would not even allow the personal defence weapons of a ship into a volatile possibly hostile aid mission to a war zone ...I find you very naive If that is what you think is the norm , it also makes me wonder about some other claims tbh......In no way should an Aid ship have any weapons on it ,,Hell nost of the super tankers around somalia dont have them , In a lot of places they are illegal on a merchant ship....

[edit on 2-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

In all reality it would have been very likely that this theoretical lone 'inspector' would have been beaten to death the moment he uttered words of hebrew and we would have not been graced with video footage.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Those "defensive weapons" were kitchen knives(used for cooking), pipes(used in repairs), wrenches and tools(repairs again) I have yet to see evidence for anything else.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by gambon

Those "defensive weapons" were kitchen knives(used for cooking), pipes(used in repairs), wrenches and tools(repairs again) I have yet to see evidence for anything else.

But why where these in the hands of the passengers 5ft metal bars , (which didnt exist according to eyewitnesses ) ( but show on film from both sides) can hardly be classed as hand luggage....?

Or was it just the crew fighting / defending the ship?

SO again why did the passengers have weapons even before the first troop landed?

This event has certainly knocked bp from the front pages ...now theres a conspiracy.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by gambon

Not to burst your bubble, but they had an assortment of things including slingshots, pretty brutal looking knives, what could pass as ax handles, and quite a few metal poles... Not to mention gas masks and what not.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by gambon

SO again why did the passengers have weapons even before the first troop landed?

Dude, they didnt land from nowhere in 2 seconds. They were already there with boats, helicopters and jets. Crew decided to defend themselves, thats it.

First ask yourself why did they land? Why??

[edit on 2-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

I have accepted all sources of footage from onboard the Freedom Flotilla, now please check out the link above that was written last week regarding the perceived motive and result of such a Free Gaza Flotilla.

05/25/2010 05:40

ON THURSDAY Hamas’s maritime enablers from Europe, Turkey and beyond will arrive at our doorstep. The navy will block their entry to Gaza. Israel will be demonized by terror-abettors disguised as human rights activists and journalists worldwide. And the story will pave the way for the next assault on Israel’s right to exist.

This endless circle of demonization and aggression will continue to widen and escalate until our political leaders and our intellectual elite reclaim our language from those on the terror-abetting Left. True, our reclamation of our language will not go unopposed. But if we do not reassert our right to describe objective reality, our inability to explain why we are right and our detractors serve evil will be our undoing.

By CAROLINE B. GLICK

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

PROTOPLASMIC>>>"Once again all you are displaying is your ignorance of sailing, and your ignorance of normal ships practices, to establish something that in fact has not been established."

Im sorry those are not normal practices ...

Any aid organisation anywhere worth there salt would not even allow the personal defence weapons of a ship into a volatile possibly hostile aid mission to a war zone ...I find you very naive If that is what you think is the norm , it also makes me wonder about some other claims tbh......In no way should an Aid ship have any weapons on it ,,Hell nost of the super tankers around somalia dont have them , In a lot of places they are illegal on a merchant ship....

Display your credentials in regards to aide organizations please.

Name some well known International Aide Orginizations please to display you are familiar with Aide Orginizations.

Also please list the tax codes for Aide Orginizations since you are pretending to be an expert on Aide Ogrinizations.

Then when you get done embarassing yourself I will pull up links that show dozens of aide organizations actually recieving armed ecscort by militaries and private security contractors into war zones and hot spots.

You know nothing about sailing, you know nothing about ships and you know nothing about aide organizations.

What you want to do is define how you think sailing, ships and aide organizations are supposed to operate, so you can pretend this was not an aide effort, to justify the murder of aide workers by a criminal rogue regime.

Further if you and your fellow Israeli Internet Defense Force members want to quote what a member is saying, learn to use the quote function on ATS.

Otherwise if you are not copy and pasting direct quotes into it you aren't properly quoting people, and are engaged in deceptive discussion and debate practices.

The quote function on ATS is there for a reason.

Just like you!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The eyewitnesses are talking: edition.cnn.com...#/video/world/2010/06/02/magnay.lok.germany.flotilla.cnn?hpt=C2

Oh, and they are not terrorist (aka muslim), but from German parliament. Please watch and listen what they are saying about the "guns of terrorists".

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As long as israel exists in the Middle East, there will never be any peace.

The cycle of death and destruction will continue as no one dares question israel's illegal actions.

Palestinians will never get their lands back.Palestinians will never be free.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

No, I believe the IDF had plenty of camera equipment that could have been utilized as evidence if something like that occurred. At least we would have a clearer picture of the intentions of the humanitarians. I was looking into the San Remo Manual On International Law. The one the Israelis use to justify their actions.

The first paragraph indicates what may render merchant vessels a military objective.

The following activities may render merchant vessels military objectives: (a) engaging in belligerent acts on behalf of the enemy, e.g., laying mines, minesweeping, cutting undersea cables and pipelines, engaging in visit and search of neutral merchant vessels or attacking other merchant vessels; (b) acting as an auxiliary to an enemy's armed forces, e.g., carrying troops or replenishing warships; (c) being incorporated into or assisting the enemy's intelligence gathering system, e.g., engaging in reconnaissance, early warning, surveillance, or command, control and communications missions; (d) sailing under convoy of enemy warships or military aircraft; (e) refusing an order to stop or actively resisting visit, search or capture; (f) being armed to an extent that they could inflict damage to a warship; this excludes light individual weapons for the defence of personnel, e.g., against pirates, and purely deflective systems such as chaff; or (g) otherwise making an effective contribution to military action, e.g., carrying military materials.

In the above paragraph I seen nothing that would make the flotilla a military objective.

There is also a paragraph relating to the possible attack of neutral vessels, but which, not surprisingly, is narrower and stricter. In addition, the Manual lists[8] vessels that are specifically exempt from capture, on the basis of either treaty law or customary law: The following classes of enemy vessels are exempt from attack: (a) hospital ships; (b) small craft used for coastal rescue operations and other medical transports; (c) vessels granted safe conduct by agreement between the belligerent parties including: (i) cartel vessels, e.g., vessels designated for and engaged in the transport of prisoners of war; (ii) vessels engaged in humanitarian missions, including vessels carrying supplies indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, and vessels engaged in relief actions and rescue operations; (d) vessels engaged in transporting cultural property under special protection; (e) passenger vessels when engaged only in carrying civilian passengers; (f) vessels charged with religious, non-military scientific or philanthropic missions; vessels collecting scientific data of likely military applications are not protected; (g) small coastal fishing vessels and small boats engaged in local coastal trade, but they are subject to the regulations of a belligerent naval commander operating in the area and to inspection; (h) vessels designated or adapted exclusively for responding to pollution incidents in the marine environment; (i) vessels which have surrendered; (j) life rafts and lifeboats.

www.icrc.org...

In the above paragraph a humanitarian vessel cannot be attacked. Nor can a vessel that has surrendered. The humanitarians raised a white flag as they were being fired upon. The attack continued.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
www.jpost.com...

I have accepted all sources of footage from onboard the Freedom Flotilla, now please check out the link above that was written last week regarding the perceived motive and result of such a Free Gaza Flotilla.

Wow the Jpost! Don't you have something more unbiased like from Jihad watch dot com.

Edit to add: Do you have anything from the American Tobacco Institute by chance on "How smoking is good for us"?

[edit on 2/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
how to embed a video here?

if the link above doesnt work type "German activists on board the Gaza-bound flotilla question details of the Israeli attack. CNN's Diana Magnay reports" or something like that. Anyway, watch it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We are now waiting for more videos of a fresh massacre, so we can peacefully clip-clip them and prove our just case....

I hope this "second wave" is better armed than the first one.

The final boat in the Gaza aid flotilla was sailing at full speed towards the territory's coast tonight despite warnings that it would be intercepted by Israeli forces.

The MV Rachel Corrie, a 40-year-old cargo ship bought by the Irish arm of the Free Gaza Movement, was delayed and avoided capture during Monday night's assault. Tonight it was still in international waters about two days from Gaza, carrying a consignment of aid and 19 activists and crew, among them five Irish nationals, the organisation said.

The Irish taoiseach, Brian Cowen, warned Israel tonight that he expected no violence against those on the Rachel Corrie.

"If any harm comes to any of our citizens it will have the most serious consequences," he said, calling on Israel to guarantee the vessel safe passage through the military blockade of Gaza.

The ship, named after the 23-year-old American killed in Gaza in 2003 while trying to prevent an Israeli bulldozer demolishing a Palestinian home, had halted in the Mediterranean following the assault while those on board – among them the Nobel peace laureate Máiread Maguire and Denis Halliday, a retired senior UN diplomat – discussed whether they should continue.

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join