It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tavis Smiley: More Christians Than Muslims Blow Up People Every Single Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Note, this is the guy who said the media works for Barack Obama. Its amazing to me how he could say something so utterly ridiculous, then name "columbine" as his example, while claiming "I can go on all day with these examples".

This has got to be some sort of derangement syndrome. No rational person could believe this crap.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bush is the #1 terrorist in my oppinion and he claims to be christian.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr
Its amazing to me how he could say something so utterly ridiculous

He has one huge set of cajones making a statement like that to this poor woman considering what she's been through and goes through daily. What a reprehensible claim.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think he might just be right. Let's see how many dead in Iraq/Afghanistan vs people dead from suicide bombers AND 9/11. Christians haven't burned a witch for awhile and I can count on one hand the number of abortion doctors they have killed in the name of their god but my instinct says between the crusades et al the Christians have killed way way more people than Muslims.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

#1: Bush isn't president
#2: Tavis smiley claims that Christan terrorists "blow themselves up everyday in America".

#3: Tavis Smiley is a self described propagandist:

This isn't about Bush, so please spare us all the obvious distraction. This is about the schizophrenic, alternate reality that many left wingers in the media seem to live in.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I think he might just be right. Let's see how many dead in Iraq/Afghanistan vs people dead from suicide bombers AND 9/11. Christians haven't burned a witch for awhile and I can count on one hand the number of abortion doctors they have killed in the name of their god but my instinct says between the crusades et al the Christians have killed way way more people than Muslims.

Once again, Tavis claims, "More Christians blow themselves up in America than Muslims ever could". This just isn't anywhere near true. You guys have to go back to the crusades in order to try and carry this idiot's water. Stop trying to change the subject.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Uh pretty sure the columbine kids weren't exactly Christians. Because they're white they're automatically Christian? They were teenagers and they were drugged up, they weren't killing for God.

wow

Also,

LARRY CSONKA!

Man Canadian rules football is way different.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
People blow up people and hide behind a religion whether they even really know what that religion is really about.

It's easier to point their finger to something else then to tell the truth.

This is the same as when someone gets shot. The gun didn't shot the person, the person aiming the gun shot the person.

Like right now, I could say I'm going to target someone on here and hound them until they are so riled up they begin to curse at me. IN THE NAME OF MY RELIGION.
But the truth is I am the one who is cauing a trouble not the religion I use as a scapegoat.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The level of ignorance when it comes to the 1,400 year long Jihad against all non-muslims is simply amazing.

It is sad to see so many blunder about in total ignorance, while the jihad sweeps the planet.

Islam has gobbled up more and more of the planet than any other form of social control. Indeed, the 1,400 year long Jihad has had every single non-muslim belief system on the run for their lives.

Vast swaths of Christendom have been taken over by the Islamic Jihad. Huge chunks of India and China and Eastern Europe and Northern Africa have fallen to the 1,400 year long Islamic Jihad.

Islam has killed and enslaved more humans than any other form of social control on the planet.

Jihad violence is generative of the Islamic system and not a result of anything we non-muslims do. Muslims will engage on in Jihad with other Muslims. Jihad is fundamental to Islam and it is not likely to go away any time soon.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Star for you my friend, islam wants to destroy us, must be stopped in NA before it gets out of control.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK, maybe they don't "blow themselves up", but there are MANY more self proclaimed Christians that kill people in America than self proclaimed Muslims.

HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN TRY TO SAY THAT'S WRONG?

Remember the dark ages and the inquisition? That was CHRISTIANS stopping science and killing anyone who wouldn't convert for HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

Christians have killed more people on this planet than ANY other religion, EVEN IN CURRENT TIMES, as we as Americans fight for our "Christian" country.

HOW CAN ANYONE DENY THAT?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Isnt the factor really what the claim of attack motivation is rather than the faith of the attacker?

It's one thing if some guy who happens to be Baptist goes nuts and starts killing people. It's another thing entirely if some guy goes nut and starts killing and claiming it's because some Baptist teaching demands it.

The first guy could have any ridiculous motivation for his behavior at all paired with any ridiculous justification at all.

With the second guy we at least know his justification and could from there reasonably conclude a motivation.

Very different things to simply "be" a thing versus "because" of a thing.

And even then "because" of a thing is never clear and cut. The "because" is always "as interpreted by" the individual in question further complicating things with individual rationalization.

To make statements one way or the other about the actions of muslims or christians pertaining to a group is a waste of time in the end given that what it is to "be" a thing varies wildly from person to person.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Leave the crusades out of this and lets just focus on our time say the last 50 years, jihadists certainly cannot be compared to Christians. People kill people no doubt but jihadist are doing it in the name of religion.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Because it has no basis in reality. You cant give a single example of a Christan terrorist killing anyone in the US. At least, nowhere near the number of Islamic extremest attacks. If Columbine is your example, than you have serious issues. You might be able to say Mc'veigh was, but thats a stretch.

Not even the Muslim female here agreed with him!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Leave the crusades out of this and lets just focus on our time say the last 50 years, jihadists certainly cannot be compared to Christians. People kill people no doubt but jihadist are doing it in the name of religion.

Why don't you leave jihad out of this and focus on what this thread is actually about.

Which is someone saying that more Christians kill people in America than Muslims.

No one could possibly think this was a false statement!

But then we also look at their lands, and again, it's Christians killing more people than Muslims, in their own land.

But again, this thread is about if Christians kill more people in America than Muslims.

Do you disagree?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Don't forget all of the dissidents that are hanged in muslim countries. The recent turmoil in Iran should help you establish that line of thinking alone. Also don't forget how many innocents the human suicide bombers have killed during rush hour, prayers in mosques, the recent plot in Bombay India, Pakistani suicide bombers, and pilgrimages to Mecca. Don't also forget how many homosexuals and those accused of being homosexual have been hanged & even shot to make examples off.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

Because it has no basis in reality. You cant give a single example of a Christan terrorist killing anyone in the US. At least, nowhere near the number of Islamic extremest attacks. If Columbine is your example, than you have serious issues. You might be able to say Mc'veigh was, but thats a stretch.

Not even the Muslim female here agreed with him!

Who said anything about a terrorist?

Wow, I find it extremely funny how scared you guys are about a couple 100 pound guys who eat once a day.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You keep saying that, yet like Tavis Smiley, you can give no examples. I on the other hand, can give many, many examples of Muslims trying or succeeding in killing Americans.

Just recently:

-Naddal Hassan military bases murders
-NYC car bomb attempt
-US soldier killed on street by extremest Muslim
-3,000+ murdered at 40,000 feet, WTC & Pentagon
-Foiled Marine base attack
-Underwear bomber

I cant think of a single Christan blowing themselves or anyone else up in the name of their religion. The only one you might have is Mc'veigh, but he wasn't attacking based on his religion. Even if you could count him, its one guy. Hardly the alternate reality Smiley is pushing here.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It is not about more Christians killing people every day. It is about MORE CHRISTIANS BLOWING THEMSELVES UP EVERY DAY. That is what was stated on the video. Christians do not blow themselves up. Suicide is against the teachings of most Christians.

I lost major respect for Mr. Smiley when I saw that. What a tool!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In response to that video I can only say one thing ...

LOL!

<<   2 >>

join