It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly shaped UFO sighting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
See above ^ , but you can ignore that.

What I'd like to know is why you have theorised a shape like that.

What gave you the impression 10% was rounded and in various shapes yet the other 90% was just...a rectangle?

I mean come on! Have you actually checked other UFO sightings?

We have cigar shape.

We have oval/rounded.

We have triangles.

We have points of light.

We have shape shifters.

We do NOT have rectangles or penises.

You didn't do your homework before you made the image, nor did you do any before you joined these forums. I don't mind getting -1000 ATS points for my attitude - but I'm afraid interrogation to find the truth cannot always be done politely.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
^^^
I was to lazy to draw the rest of it, I was just saying that it would gone beyond what I saw.

#, I know this sounds wrong, but just chill out. forgot the penis # and leave if you don't care, cause I've answered all the questions and you only read what you wanted.
And I'm not avoiding uploading the raw photos, if you paid attention you'd notice I'm not the only one with this problem.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Okay, now you're verging on an obvious forum attention seeker.

ME leave? ME not paying attention? I don't care about the raw photo so much, that's other people. You've already convinced me it's a fake by posting it up in the first place!

WHY DID YOU JOIN ATS ONLY YESTERDAY/DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY. For someone who supposedly "is" paying attention, this is at least the THIRD time I've asked you that.

Also, homework again - you'll generally find people have a reason why they join ATS. Yours is sticking out right now as "So I could post a fake UFO image".

Please, can you at least make up a story?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I joined the forum because I wanted answers about the photo, I really don't care too much for conspiracies, but I thought now would be a good time to learn.

Maybe I should have lurked more so I would be able to provide more evidence before posting, but I didn't and thats done.

Point is, if you think it's fake; fine, dispute it. But don't go blaming me for # that doesn't matter (like when I joined). And if you think you now what it is, tell me; cause that's what I came for.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
please calm down mate, this bashing will get us nowhere, and if its a hoax we will find out soon enough.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My Samsung does not appear as a device through "My Computer", you can only access it through Samsung's proprietary software.

Ah! Wow. That sucks! Ive never had that issue with any of my phones. I will have to remember: no samsung ever!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Wow! I thought I was being tough but c'mon OP....answer this simple question please. Why did you just join yesterday? Had you been following ATS prior?

Can someone PROVE this is absolutely, 100% --- without exception, photoshopped?
The windscreen is a waste of time folks. You can't arbitrarily decide what you WANT to believe and what you don't.
You mustn't decide to believe OP that he was in a car and yet....not decide his window wasn't down (like he said) rather...up hence, captured a chip in the glass instead.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I believe that I've already clarified why I joined.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
What I find so interesting with people's diligence to eliminate possibilities (i.e., a cracked windscreen) is.......

You don't necessarily take face-value to OP's word that s/he said their window was DOWN at the time hence, took a picture without window interference so.......you (naturally) want to 'see for yourself' in order to steadfastly dismiss controversy and YET.........whose to say, this was even taken in THEIR car? I mean, hell, it could've been taken in a mail-truck with a cracked window that day!

Although I realize you're trying to determine WHAT this is, your approach seems a little antiquated although again, I know, you have limitations.

Analyzing OPs windscreen really isn't the nuts and bolts of the case. Hell, OP could've left that part out of the story completely and.....then what?

You're believing OP's word that this was taken in his/her car yet, you're not believing it wasn't a crack. Just interesting, that's all.

What you have to understand is.....there are a zillion hoaxes out there. ATS has been hoaxed many times - thus the reason there is a HOAX forum. I am not saying the OP is hoaxing. Just saying that this is how ATS roles. Many hoaxes have been found out thanks to ATS members being diligent and analysis.

In the day and age of digital software programs - you can not just take a story at face value. You can not. Story has to match up with evidence. Evidence has to be analyzed.

All pictures and videos posted here go thru this. Whether or not a member posts it or a member finds it somewhere online.

ATS members take this topic seriously - and want nothing more than truth. thus the heavy analysis

And the windshield absolutely is important. There was a woman in Australia who tried to hoax everyone (including the news station that interviewed her) and our very own member went over and beyond what any member has and found out - it was a hoax - based on what was on the windshield.

[edit on May 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Heres my problem, its that pesky shadow
This is where the sun was on that day and time. This is looking a little west
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37ec9fd94f51.jpg[/atsimg]
Now, turn South a little which I take as the view is directly south and you end up with
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f33491692a2.jpg[/atsimg]

It just don't add up, and I took into consideration that the shadow is behind the UFO but that would be impossible too

Sorry its so small, I couldn't get it to fit the screen if I posted a bigger pic

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anyways, I'll continue argueing with you guys; but I'll also talk about the UFO thing itself.

I think I'm going to google up a UFO meeting thingy in calgary and maybe attend one of those to see if anyone else saw it...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
OP....

I don't know if you didn't answer this or if I failed to see it, but
1) how big would you say this 'thing' was?
2) how far away was this 'thing' to your car?
3) were you stopped? If so, motor off? If not, were you still traveling when you took these pictures?

Can you please explain, again........what caught your eye to it, how it acted and what it eventually did please? Did it disappear? Did it fly away?

And OP? No cheating. No copying/pasting from your previous posts please. Please just re-tell the story.
Thanks

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No, you're wrong. I do want to believe you but as someone who's seen a few UFO's the way you're presenting your info is frankly taking the piss. It does matter why you joined so recently & posted so quickly about something you seemed only "curious" about. And sadly we'd probably never get to the bottom of your photo without a whole bundle of information about you and your lifestyle. You may not think it, but that is as you say because you don't really care about this stuff, you just wanted some answers.

Like I said you've done well to fool some people but please, some of us do know the ins and outs of awful photo manipulation and what you're showing us ticks 9 out of 10 of those boxes.

Now that I'm your "respected foe" I think it's worth going back to the beginning. So much of this stuff just doesn't add up.

Firstly, you admit to having a rubbish camera yet SOMEHOW, whilst you're driving, you manage to load up the camera feature and take a couple of photos. You state:

It just stayed there for a couple seconds, and then the blurry part seemed to eat up the rest of it withing seconds.

Was this the whole length of the sighting? So, you managed to spot it, find your phone, load the camera feature and take a couple of photos. We're talking a good 20 seconds there.

Also, where roughly on the Trans Canadian whatnot was this? Sorry if you already said where - but it would be useful to know. If you can't recall then I'm just going to call BS and assume you're outright lying to us. I think you would have noted a sign post.

Once you can do that, I will scrutinise Google Earth and see if the field in your picture really exists there. And yes, this can be done, so please think carefully about where you say this happened

And note: I am chilled. But as the moderator above says, I love to scrutinise, and my personal tactics to find the truth do not involve cuddles and kisses. You probably are better off taking this "evidence" to a group rather than a forum, because here, you will find people like me who aren't afraid to be a bitch to get the truth out of you. No holds barred...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Once you can do that, I will scrutinise Google Earth and see if the field in your picture really exists there. And yes, this can be done, so please think carefully about where you say this happened

I could use the help. I've been searching for hours and my post that shows the shadow is the closest I can find of yet where the horizon matches up. It has to be the South side of the Trans highway

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok guys, this is the ultimate verdict story of sorts; it may not be exactly right because my memory sucks but it's pretty accurate.

It was either on my way, or heading back from a hike I took (met up with friends there, but both ways I was alone). So basically I was heading east or west on the Trans Canada Highway (If I was heading west, I was passed calaway park), and there were (in close view) 8 cars going my way and 6 oncoming. While driving, I noticed a large object in the sky, just sitting there. I was still driving by the way. At that point, there was a bit more visible of it than in the picture, but not much. It also still had the wormhole thing there, kinda mildly spinning and distorting itself. I grabbed my phone and opened it up, around the point it started slowly moving in to the hole. My windshield was kinda dirty and had glare so I waited a bit longer and leaned into the passenger seat so I could take a picture out that window. The first picture I took (second one I showed) was blurry and wasnt defined. The second one I took (first I showed) was okay. The third one (not shown) was horrible and I deleted it later. When I tried to get a forth one (almost passed it now) it moved a bit quicker into the hole. I didn't get to see it go all the way in because when I passed it it dissapeared (probably cause I was behind the hole, making it impossible to see what was on the other side.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Greeneyedleo…..

I couldn’t agree more

Just in case you missed it, I linked the op to that thread & the summary report:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf…..

Let me explain a little as to why we need to work through this thoroughly…..

Please see the thread below pertaining to a recent high profile case that’s been on national TV, UFO magazines, etc…

UFO In Sydney Australia

Please see my summary report from the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread showed that with strong, positive collaboration we were able to figure everything out, which is why we’re all here in the first place

We need to keep excluding prosaic causes of such images, in order to know if it really is a picture of an unknown.

So, thank you again for your patience & your positive approach to this fascinating subject.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No, I hear you and I agree with you wholeheartedly but my thing is.....why are you (we, they) believing bits and pieces?

I realize:
You (we, they) want to see whether it's a crack in his windshield so.....you (we they) asked to post a photo of his windshield.
But whose to say, that's a photo of HIS windshield from THAT day?

You see......you (we, they ) want to believe him, or give him the benefit of doubt in certain insistence's and it's really, not productive in the long run and I find you (they) running in circles.
That's all

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I could show more pictures of the car and windshield if you want

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ok, progress. Cheers.

Was your arm holding the camera outside of the window or inside it?

Also, for other readers, out of curiosity: Does anyone have a phone that takes photos in landscape automatically, or am I right to assume the majority of phones will always take a portrait photo unless the phone is turned to its side?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh oops, forgot to tallk about size.

Well, i really couldn't tell. It seems like it was either really big and far away, or kinda big and close. I'm leaning towards close.

EDIT: And I think my phone was in the car, but really close to the window.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlueFireWolf]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join