It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

and re-read my post dude. The families should not have ANY say in what buildings can be constructed where. A few of my best friends were murdered in Iraq and Afghanistan right beside me, should I be entitled to decide what gets built where in the area?

I have nothing but love and sympathy for the families of the deceased, but people die for "no reason" all over the world everyday, get over yourself and start focussing on moving forward.

To not permit Muslims to build a mosque due to people's ignorant points of view is not only idiotic, but it is "un-American."

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm sure you can see how your words were not very clear. I already admitted I might have misunderstood. I wasn't deliberately trying to twist your words which is why I immediately back tracked and asked you to make it more clear. I guess an "i'm sorry" is due so...I'm sorry".

Back on track:

you say that the families don't want the mosque there. What about the other families that don't care? Do we know much about what portion of the families are upset by this? Is it overwhelming? why are the opinion of one portion of the families more valid than the others?

Also, WHEN would it be acceptable for Muslims to build a Mosque where ever the want? It's been 8 years. How long should a group of people who had nothing to do with the attacks be chastised for the actions of the zealot extremists who happened to share their faith?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

How is this not about religion? The families don't want a MUSLIM mosque going up because the attackers were Muslim.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

How is this not about religion? The families don't want a MUSLIM mosque going up because the attackers were Muslim.

And I am sure if the attackers were any of any other ethnicity or religion, they probably would have a similar stance.

Its about respecting the dead and their families. The dead will have their graves forever etched in the place where the WTC stood.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
it is sad that muslims say non-muslims can't enter Mecca or get near it, but they build a mosque near the ground zero. It is effin' sad!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
it is sad that muslims say non-muslims can't enter Mecca or get near it, but they build a mosque near the ground zero. It is effin' sad!

What is sad? The fact that non-Muslims can't go near Mecca (not totally sure that is the case) or the fact that the US isn't as restrictive and narrow minded (yet)?

What kind of world would we live in if it was a race to see who could be the most ignorant? Then again, just look around, I guess. We're kind of already doing that too much IMHO.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Where is bigotry even mentioned? It seems that if a group of people who were directly involved in the situation and have lost family members in the said tragedy are against it, their wishes are of no credence?

Why must it be that anyone who is against such a move be labeled a bigot? What about going against the wishes of the victims? How would you care to label them?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

Judging an entire religion based on the actions of a few extremists is pretty much the definition of bigotry. I looked through your threads and I am pretty confused. There are still Catholic priests getting caught preying on children yet I do not see you crying that Catholic churches should not be allowed near homes with children in them. I do not see you crying that all Catholic schools should be shut down. Isn't all of Catholicism guilty for what these priests did or is it possible you are just being a bigot?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I really, just really would like to know why they want to build a mosque, and then another one at the expensive ground of downtown manhattan, at the specific site of ground zero. I mean would it be cheaper to build it in queens, brooklyn or more towards Harlem?.
Really i would bet all my money that this mosque's is being paid by the same sort of rich Wahhabi extremists that financed 9/11 [who could've had connections with the Bush families yes]...this is just too much coincidence, why at that spot.

And isn't there an official within the NYC communual servies who is responsible for what we call "spatial scheduling", i mean i would have to go through a whole bureaucratic mill to place a chapel in my garden and even then they can think its not representative for the neighbourhood..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

And I am sure if the attackers were any of any other ethnicity or religion, they probably would have a similar stance.

The terrorists who relentlessly raped the US public out of their hard-earned 401ks to build up a mythical impression of the real estate sector's security and to line their pockets with billions in bonus payments all have their religious headquarters located within the Tri-State area.

And I do literally mean "Religous Headquarters". Goldmann Sachs, Citigroup and JP Morgan are all fanatical worshippers of the greenback.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Where is the conspiracy here ?
A mosque being built is not a proof of conspiracy of anything .
It is really, really, really strange that there are some people out there who'll believe the official story line of 9/11 .

Nothing can be further from the truth .

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Who exactly is causing a division? Can you please say that again?

As for the 2nd Mosque going up... i really don't see why they would need another one when they have permission for the first one... pretty soon they will be all over your Country like they are in many other places and then you'll be like 'wow, i feel like i'm living in the Middle East' every time you walk down the street or use the transport system!

Another story which has appeared today is this one: www.thesun.co.uk...

I can see this type of thing occurring more and more depending on the situation... it's going to get pretty ugly IMO.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Another story which has appeared today is this one: www.thesun.co.uk...

I can see this type of thing occurring more and more depending on the situation... it's going to get pretty ugly IMO.

The commandment of Burka wearing is not found anywhere in Qur'an or for that matter the islamic tradition. It has much to do with regional/tribal traditions. Therefor, I really don't care if they ban it, anywhere.

As for the mosques: A mosque is the House of God, acknowledged as such, just as are churches, monasteries and synagogues (all acknowledged as House of God IN THE QUR'AN).

It will probably only be a masjid anyway (a house of prayer w/o minaret).

I personally have nothing against ANY House of God - I see churches and mosques and synagogues left and right, and respect them all and have high reverence for all of them. As I am commanded to, in the Qur'an.

For had it not been for Allah's repelling some men by means of others, monasteries and churches and synagogues and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down. Verily Allah helpeth one who helpeth Him. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty.
(Qur'an, 22:40)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

As for the 2nd Mosque going up... i really don't see why they would need another one when they have permission for the first one... pretty soon they will be all over your Country like
... churches?

Every Christian denomination has its own church, sometimes across the street from one another. Different denominations of Islam are apt to do the same thing.

So what? If I can tolerate churches all over the place I can tolerate mosques too. I find them both equally disturbing ... but tolerable.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Where is the conspiracy here ?
A mosque being built is not a proof of conspiracy of anything .
It is really, really, really strange that there are some people out there who'll believe the official story line of 9/11 .

Nothing can be further from the truth .

I don't believe in the "official" story behind 9/11 but until the official story comes out then we shouldn't allow muslims to build near ground zero. If American's destroyed Mecca and then later in the years tried to build buildings near the Mecca ground zero, then do you honestly believe they would allow them to build there?

I'd say no they wouldn't and fight to the death.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As a staunch atheist I can't understand why anybody would want to attend a mosque in the first place.

However, this country is built on the incredibly amazing concept of freedom of religion, and I can't undertand why any decent American citizen would oppose construction of a religious building simply because it's close to a terrorism site.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
oh nose, another mosque ground zero thread! The christian/catholic right wings are just as nutty as the hardcore muslims. You guys really need to wake up and stop being savages. Be a bonobo, not a chimpanzee!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
oh nose, another mosque ground zero thread! The christian/catholic right wings are just as nutty as the hardcore muslims. You guys really need to wake up and stop being savages. Be a bonobo, not a chimpanzee!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And another person making this a religion thread. Though the thread got offtrack from the beginning by making this christian vs. Islam battle royale. The point everyone overlooks and doesn't care about is the victims stance. The victims do not authorize such constructions yet it is okay to roll over their feelings. Every victim should be heard and respected for they have endured what you could never imagine.

Now are you a chimpanzee for repeating the same rhetoric.

link   

Yes im fed up with this guys baiting. I was wondering if this is the kind of thing ADL are doing on here.

not one post that can be deemed offensive and then this guy posts. its not a crime to report news on here.

Islam is not a religion. Thats what most people have a problem with. not muslims.
People dont want to see America Turning into an Isamic country. that is not racist.

Same as they dont want America to turn into a communist state.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
getting off topic..

I think it is a kick in the face to Americans to build this here, there is no way that the guys behind this didnt think it would cause hurt, and controversy.
I think that this site was chosen on purpose by Islamists. Just to show that they can do what they want.

link   

I just love how the muslims thumb their noses at us
and rub salt in our wounds.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Whoa, my posts about the allowing the victims to be heard is considered offensive? Go review my posts from the beginning and see if I said anything close to bigotry like so many with your like minded views. Tolerance is not a one way street.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join