It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ok, here is my 2 cents, ready????

First off, why were the Hispanics out protesting over anyway? Were not getting the whole story.

However, that being said there will be people who disagree with whatever the hell you are protesting against. It's like the quote" You can please some of the people all of that time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." That's just the way it is. You should expect that during any protest about whatever that protest is about.

As for the flag getting knocked out of the guys hand, it wasn't in the Hispanic guys face until he WALKED UP TO THE CAR. Now, maybe he simply knocked it out of his hand out of anger and not due to lack of respect, but being that it was a flag that was knocked out of his hand it's hard to not take it as a sign of disrespect weather he ment it in that way or not.

Here's my bottom line on immigration. If you are someone who is leaving your country to live in another, weather by choice or lack of options you become a part of that country. You learn it's language, laws and customs as that is your new home. Respect it! You don't have to like it, but respect it. Beyond that, also make sure you do it legally, according to the laws of that country.

That being said, I do not understand why you would live in a country (in this case the USA) and day in and day out protest and proclaim the love and superioirty of your "home" country (in this case mexico) but choose not to live there? Just to be cool? Because other Hispanics do it so you feel you should/have to? Will you be shunned? Someone explain that to me. Even if your not able to live there (no money to move or whatever) the point still stands, as to my paragraph before this one.

And for those people who are saying "what's the big deal, it's just a peice of rectangular cloth" you obviously don't get it. Are you religious by any chance? what if i took your cross from around your neck and broke it in half? It's just a piece of metal! What if i took a picture of a loved one who passed and burned it? It's just a piece of paper with ink on it! It's what it represents, what it stands for and symbolizes. If you don't understand that I feel sorry for you.

Now i'm not sure if i'm going to explain this right, but i'm going to try. People like to wave the flag as a symbol of heritage. It "can" be used in that manner but it's not the best way to do so. Take for example the Code of Arms. That was a way to show your specific heritage seperate from your country's flag. Now saying that, i'm not saying that all races should go out and make their own flag or Code of Arms, but i'm hopeing you get the point. I think it can come off or be used the wrong way sometimes is all i'm saying.

I for one would NEVER move to another country and purposely rub my home country's flag in people's faces. Hang the flag in my house maybe, but that would be it. Even for example if i was born in Russia because my parents for whatever reason moved there before i was born, the rule still applies. Of course, I guess if my parents moved there legally before i was born i would be considered Russian, but still. Your get the point i hope.

Thank you.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
You respect your heritage and culture but RESPECT

So just because you celebrate a culture and you speak another language you do not respect America? That is your own generalization. In anycase I do not see where a citizen has to respect the American flag or culture under the constitution. So long as they are a citizen or a legal resident they are not obligated, and while it may be distasteful, they do not have to respect any culture or belief. If you have a problem with that, go and rally a petition to change the 1st ammendment of the constitution.

Now I will repeat this fact again, the argument was NOT about the american flag. The individuals in the car were taunting and hiding behind the american flag and they got the attention they wanted.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

ok your for open borders

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

ok your for open borders

I'm not, quit making assumptions because I'm not silly enough to take your bait. You made the subject. Perhaps if you want to play 20 questions about the political beliefs of people you should start a thread about that. You are the one who titled it: Hispanic student knocks down american flag

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

reply to post by mryanbrown

OK i agree with the legalization of MJ but if we do that and open borders does everyone in the world have the right to come to america unchecked?

If we take the principles of pre-bankrupt America where we had a massive influx of Irish, Scottish, English, Polish, Italian, Chinese, etc immigrating into this country. It was relatively easy. In fact it was nearly an open border policy. And it worked wonders for this nation as a whole.

They essentially had to sign a register, and find a job. Then after they lived here for a certain amount of years without violating any of our laws (back then true common law, not this statutory rape system we have now) then they could apply for citizenship. They were still protected under the law without being a citizen.

This notion of legal/illegal resident is insanely relatively new.

Even more wonderful is that each of these immigrant cultures adapted to the cultural work ethic of America. And still maintained their own culture in their home life. This is what allowed for the amazing growth in America we haven't seen in the past 80+ years.

Our science has advanced, on the backs of slave and child labor with horrendous work conditions in 3rd world countries. Some are now world powers, still controlling their labor force with a modern version of slavery. Far less lavish than the system of slavery we are accustomed too.

And we sacrificed our liberties to do it. And now people don't even realize they're sacrificing their humanity to do it. And they have the nerve to be offended at what two AMERICANS who happened to be hispanic did to a flag that those "white" AMERICANS were already spitting on with their attitude of using it as an excuse to incite discrimination.

There are 6 billion plus people on this planet how many do you think want to come live in america?? Prob 50-60% who decides who comes ? we cant take them all

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What most of you people are saying is the title of the tread is not about illegals.You are right to a certain extent. The title does say "hispanic knows down amercan flag".

But many of you fail to connect the dots.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to the kids being sent home for wearing the american flag.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to hispanic students skiping school and marching down the street yelling "we want respect" in response to that incedent.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to the high school hispanic teacher calling for a 'mexican revolution' ranting against white people and capatalism and advocating for la raza.

all of this has happened in the span of a few days....and none of you see this connected?

All this crap started happening as soon as arizona passed that immigation bill. and now hispanics are having a temper tantrem.

Its got to the point where the majority of the hispanic community SEEMS to support illegal immigration.

THATS WHY IM PISSED OFF!

and now these students knock down the american flag...all in the span of a week of everything else happening....how can any of you not see whats happening?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is a real shame that the guy did that to the flag, but I cant call him out for being a Mexican and soiling the flag because so many of OUR OWN countrymen soil it everyday and besides that is part of freedom of speech. His right to fly the Mexican flag and burn or do whatever with the American....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It's a matter of character. And now, these teenagers are proclaiming that Cinquo de Mayo is their *national* holiday. And that the United States is not their country!!!!

Stop twisting the understanding of "national". Check the USC out sometime. There is such a thing as an American "national". Are you saying that if a Hawaiin, or Native American, or someone in one of the Pacific Island territories celebrates one of their national holidays that suddenly they they are saying the United States is not their country?

You sir are perpetrating ethnic genocide.

Webster's Third International Dictionary, page 947:

GENOCIDE 1. The use of deliberate systematic measures (as
killing, bodily or mental injury, unlivable conditions)
calculated to bring about the extermination of a racial,
political or cultural group, (2) or destroy the language,
religion or culture of a group.

Source: Is the United States Government Guilty of Genocide?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
What most of you people are saying is the title of the tread is not about illegals.You are right to a certain extent. The title does say "hispanic knows down amercan flag".

But many of you fail to connect the dots.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to the kids being sent home for wearing the american flag.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to hispanic students skiping school and marching down the street yelling "we want respect" in response to that incedent.

Im pissed off because i see this connected to the high school hispanic teacher calling for a 'mexican revolution' ranting against white people and capatalism and advocating for la raza.

all of this has happened in the span of a few days....and none of you see this connected?

All this crap started happening as soon as arizona passed that immigation bill. and now hispanics are having a temper tantrem.

Its got to the point where the majority of the hispanic community seems to support illegal immigration.

THATS WHY IM PISSED OFF!

and now these students knock down the american flag...all in the span of a week of everything else happening....how can any of you not see whats happening

So true but people are blind. If it had been whites out their protesting something they would be called racists and to shut up.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If the gentlemen (and I use that term lightly) in the truck were using what they call "fighting words," which would be anything from racial epitaphs to literally just inciting an incident, then the Hispanic male had every right to engage in the incident. Fighting words are not protected by the first amendment, and if a fight were to ensue to the person inciting the incident (in this case the guy in the car) would be at fault.

This is just a quickly edited video made to incite bigots and racists, nothing more. Move along. There are more important matters to deal with this day.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It's a matter of character. And now, these teenagers are proclaiming that Cinquo de Mayo is their *national* holiday. And that the United States is not their country!!!!

Stop twisting the understanding of "national". Check the USC out sometime. There is such a thing as an American "national". Are you saying that if a Hawaiin, or Native American, or someone in one of the Pacific Island territories celebrates one of their national holidays that suddenly they they are saying the United States is not their country?

You sir are perpetrating ethnic genocide.

OK if mexico and america go to war who do you think they will side with. America or their home country mexico? When you see videos like this it leads you to believe they would attack america over their home country.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This looks like the begining of a culture war or even a race war!

You even have people putting movie trailers out like this!

www.youtube.com...

And you people are still so blind!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

OK if mexico and america go to war who do you think they will side with. America or their home country mexico? When you see videos like this it leads you to believe they would attack america over their home country.

Probably the country that has better living conditions, wages, and better standards of law.

So stop treating them like untermensch, paying them under the table below minimum wage, and threatening to take BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS away. And I'm sure "they" will be on our side.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
This looks like the begining of a culture war or even a race war!

You even have people putting movie trailers out like this!

www.youtube.com...

And you people are still so blind!

Would you guys quit posting the damn Machete trailer already?! It's a stupid race exploitation movie in the vein of Shaft or Super Fly. If people get riled up and start a riot throw them in jail! They are idiots and that's where they belong.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
They should go cross the border back to mexico and demonstrate over there. Their is so much corruption there, thats why their parents crossed the border in the first place.

Why dont they stop prrotesting in america and go their and protest and make Mexico a better place?

hmmmmm

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Probably the country that has better living conditions, wages, and better standards of law.

So stop treating them like untermensch, paying them under the table below minimum wage, and threatening to take BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS away. And I'm sure "they" will be on our side.

LOL tons of illegals make 15/hr doing construction im so sick of the false lies that they are being paid peanuts. A lot of them arent.

link   

They should go cross the border back to mexico and demonstrate over there. Their is so much corruption there, thats why their parents crossed the border in the first place.

Why dont they stop prrotesting in america and go their and protest and make Mexico a better place?

hmmmmm

Assuming a national born American's parents aren't also nationals is racist.
(Sidenote: my new purpose in life is to point little things like this out)

link   
Are you people so blind that you cannot see that this is exactly what THEY want us to do, to turn on each other to be at war with each other when we should stand tall against the tyranny our government has become. If the people stand together THEY have no chance but if we are at war with one another then THEY have already beaten us....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

hmmmmm

Assuming a national born American's parents aren't also nationals is racist.
(Sidenote: my new purpose in life is to point little things like this out)

You know everything to you pro illegals is racism. Ive pretty much came to that conclusion.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straight_Edge
Are you people so blind that you cannot see that this is exactly what THEY want us to do, to turn on each other to be at war with each other when we should stand tall against the tyranny our government has become. If the people stand together THEY have no chance but if we are at war with one another then THEY have already beaten us....

Sure ill stand with any Legal citizen who has the best interest of this country reguardless of their race. But some are more concerned with showing their pride for mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join