It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanic student knocks down american flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No other country in the world would allow this on its own soil. Its sad they have such low respect for the flag a lot of our grandparents , parents have fought or died for. Knocking down the american flag while waving the mexican one. It so baffles me how their are people in this country who have no problems with this.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by ker2010]

+14 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A few years ago americans would of gone crazy over such things, but i do not see what the problem really is. Americans need to understand there is more to planet earth than just usa.

+9 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Pity the video does not show properly what provoked the incident.

I assume from the events that followed that racial epithets were hurled at these students.

By the way. Misleading title. The people in the car seemed to stop or at least slow down enough that he could knock it down. It was not as if he went looking for a flag to destroy.

If the guys driving were innocent completely in this fiasco then why stop in the middle of the road to wave the flag at someone staging a walkout.

I wonder do you feel so passionately at the hippies who burned american flags to protest the vietnam war?

The video as I said is fairly out of context without the events preceding it.

My advice, cop it on the chin, build a bridge and get over it.

+5 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pablos

I assume from the events that followed that racial epithets were hurled at these students.

By the way. Misleading title. The people in the car seemed to stop or at least slow down enough that he could knock it down. It was not as if he went looking for a flag to destroy.

If the guys driving were innocent completely in this fiasco then why stop in the middle of the road to wave the flag at someone staging a walkout.

I wonder do you feel so passionately at the hippies who burned american flags to protest the vietnam war?

The video as I said is fairly out of context without the events preceding it.

My advice, cop it on the chin, build a bridge and get over it.

Failure the guys in the truck did not get out and knock the mexican flag down. Guy had no right touching their property.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Be thankfull you can even fly your own flag..... befour i moved to china to work i had my Union Jack flag hanging out of my room window in London. Guess what? Cops came and told me to take it down as they had recieved complaints it was racist..... That happens all over the country.... Sucks!

+38 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
A few years ago americans would of gone crazy over such things, but i do not see what the problem really is. Americans need to understand there is more to planet earth than just usa.

Of course there's more to planet Earth than just the United States. Which is why a person can live in any one of the other countries there are....and subsequently fly that flag.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i think its really funny when you see people burning the american flag in places like iraq because they paid for the flag so really they're burning their own flag. no wonder their economy sucks when they keep burning their own possesions.

+11 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And that is a justification to knock the "Star Spangled Banner" to the ground?

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

That flag means something. Or it did.

And anyone that could so callously cast it to the ground deserves to be called "epithets" because letting it fall to the ground is the most un-American thing you could do when so many died to make sure it stayed aloft.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Those guys seemed to chicken to get out of the car till they saw a cop. Then they were ballsy enough to get out. They tried to drive away and leave the flag behind.

Not even the courage to stand up for their flag?

They seemed fairly ready to just abandon it.

Guy had no right to stop his car, harass the pedestrian, block any possible traffic and wave the flag in the guys face.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i think its really funny when you see people burning the american flag in places like iraq because they paid for the flag so really they're burning their own flag. no wonder their economy sucks when they keep burning their own possesions.

No Smeghead,
Their economy sucks because the country and people got raped and slaughterd.... Homes destroyed, family killed, infrastructure destroyed. So the more flags they buy and burn the stronger the economy will become.... Thats unless flags are free...........

+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No matter what was said that punk had no right to walk up there and knock that flag onto the ground.

There were cops there and if those guys were out of hand then the idiots who kept saying "whatever" (everytime someone says that I want to knock their teeth out) and "thats all you are" needed to go and get them.

They did not and chose to jaw jack with them. No crime in that, but once you put your hands on someone or their property in a threatening manner then you are now breaking the law.

If I was there someone would have gone to jail or to the hospital. It might have been me, but I would make sure to beat some respect into that asshole.

I applaude these gentlemen in the truck. Wave your American flag everywhere and damn those who have a problem with it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Those guys seemed to chicken to get out of the car till they saw a cop. Then they were ballsy enough to get out. They tried to drive away and leave the flag behind.

Guy had no right to stop his car, harass the pedestrian, block any possible traffic and wave the flag in the guys face.

Your right most americans have become pussified, which is why we let illegals come into our lands freely, cops beat us and taze us for the fun of it and a corrupt government laugh in our face. At least they did have the balls to be their and wave it , thats alot more testicular fortitude than most americans have now. To bad he didnt knock it out of the wrong americans hand .

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Apparently you didn't watch the video before running your mouth.

Those two guys who got out weren't driving and if you really watch (hard for you I know) You can see them trying to get out before the truck took off. Now someone didn't have a big enough set to get out, but its not the ones you are intent on badmouthing.

Proof that those guys wasn't driving is the truck taking off after they bailed.

Good job gentlemen.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

And that is a justification to knock the "Star Spangled Banner" to the ground?

And anyone that could so callously cast it to the ground deserves to be called "epithets" because letting it fall to the ground is the most un-American thing you could do when so many died to make sure it stayed aloft.

First thing, yes it is justification to do this.

They were called this before they knocked it to the ground. Seems like the trick to catch a witch principle to me. Put you on a stake, set fire to you, if you die you are a martyr, if you put out the flames you are proved right in your allegations.

Second what is American then. Making a huge deal about a race you displaced responding to harassment.

I would have thought the guys in the truck were un-American as they were violating the kids right to free assembly as well as bullying someone for no apparent reason.

By your logic those kids that got kicked out of the same school for wearing the flag deserved their punishment. As they were not showing respect to the flag and willing to stain it with sweat or food or dirt or whatever during the course of the school day.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OMG It's the end of the world. Somebody burned a flag! For pete's sake when will Americans grow up?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Also your notice the hispanic guy backs off when they get out of the truck he uses the women separating them as a excuse. Trust me if i wanted a piece of that ass i would go around them women or pick them up and set them to the side.

He was just making a show till he saw the guys in the truck were not scared of him.

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Maybe when we are allowed to go to mexico and wave the american flag and step on the mexican flag.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Sorta like how your country gained the state this happened in, and texas, and arizona?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Well that's good mate.

Why don't you just go out right now and prove it. Go bash a bunch of mexicans-americans. Back it up your mouth. Sounds like you are a little punk that just needs to get over yourself more than anything else.

Look you are making a big deal over nothing. These guys were acting like jerks, and emotions got heated.

Comments like yours do nothing but spread more hatred and fear.

As I said earlier.

Build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

+4 more 
posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

Name one country that doesnt have immigration laws. Name one empire that hasnt conquered other people or country to acquire land.

Ill be waiting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join