It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age vs Christianity Conflict Rising?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'll be brief. (Lack willingness to write in-depth)

I've witness Christians attacking New Age Theologists a lot lately and it seems their conflict is rising. Christians refer New Age theologians as Luciferian worshipers, and evil individuals. We've seen Christianity conflict with New Age Ideals during a episode of Oprah, and now every christian sees Oprah as a demon or anti-christ.

I've ran into this video a few months back.

This video actually gave me a hearty laugh because as a form of a New Age Theologists (The Law of One) myself, I certainly do not worship Lucifer and I'm certainly not evil. Yes, I in fact teach people to be self-reliant and follow yourself rather then some God, but I'm doing the utmost Good by freeing you from fear.

I can concur with Christianity that the New World Order or the Elite are possibly New Age Theologians, but New Age Theology can take many forms. It can be a polytheistic, monotheistic conception or a conception on self-advancement. To generalize New Age Theology as bad because it does not acknowledge your God is quite erroneous mid-set to have.

All in All, Do anyone see the rise of New Age vs Christianity or is it just me?

[edit on 1-4-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 1-4-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Well, if both sides started openly fighting, I'd just have to call hypocrisy on both parties..

Simple as really, they'd both be as bad as eachother if they did, two wrongs really don't make a right. Ever.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Christians fight amongst everyone who doesn't share their views, this is nothing new. New age groups or not, if anyone disagrees with Christianity's narrow-minded foolish beliefs which are actually founded from myths and fables predating it, then they are classified as demons, devils, Satan, or Antichrist. In REALITY, it is the hateful cult members who are the devils, demons, satans and Antichrists. Thats the truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

This is great news..!

Hopefully they annihilate each other - we can then begin anew with another belief system founded upon a whole new set of fallacies.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh pooh - true Christians already know who will cross the finish line - why would we be "conflicting". We are simply trying to open up the eyes of any out there who may have been misled.

The conflict, perhaps, is the other beliefs that don't like the Christians. Meaning, it seems non believers will verbally attack Christians, and if we respond with our beliefs, we get accused of trying to create "conflict".

Christians are good hearted people with good intentions, but if we get pushed, we usually push back - not only with our beliefs, but God's Word, as well.

i.e. don't start none, there won't be none.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see it going both ways. Both sides could be more respectful and tolerant of each other. Until we die, none of us really knows what is going to happen. Many of us 'believe' we have some answers, many of us continually search for answers, some of us don't care. One thing we all have in common though, we are all humans.

Well atleast most of us....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
maybe you need to start a thead, 10 ways you know your a New Ager, its all the rage at the moment

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Labels, labels, labels...

Us and them, them and us..

..We are all ONE.

The sooner people can realise this, shedding labels and imagery, dogma and corruptions, the sooner we can carry on properly..

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We're living in a time between ages, conflict is going to occur. The old age is quickly passing away and is composed of those who are strictly idealists. The new age people are about to make those ideals a reality.

Nobody likes the see their structures crystallize and in need of tearing down. It's a stressful time for those who cling to the past. It's human nature to dig in and try to stop progress.

But time marches on and so will we.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
We're living in a time between ages, conflict is going to occur. The old age is quickly passing away and is composed of those who are strictly idealists. The new age people are about to make those ideals a reality.

Nobody likes the see their structures crystallize and in need of tearing down. It's a stressful time for those who cling to the past. It's human nature to dig in and try to stop progress.

But time marches on and so will we.

Aw, I have to disagr....... eh, I mean 'cause conflict'..........

I think the new agers are trying to change things regarding God, and the Bible - and yep, it will probably appear to be working - just like it appears now that it is becoming a criminal offense to believe in God, and Jesus Christ. The Bible predicts that in the prophecies - and instructs us to hold fast to our faith, and Him.

But it'll all wash out in the end.

All I can do is pray for the 'new agers' and the others who have, or will, choose to reject Jesus Christ. If people thought Star Wars was a blast.........

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why do people see the need to join parties, such as New Age, Christian, Buddhism, it's just all the same as politics.

The more people you have in your group, the more power, the more power, the more money.

Why can't I just believe in God, in my own way, and not practice anything the church or internet cults wish to teach me?

What a joke. I know what belief is, I know what God is...I don't have to prove it to any group to feel good about myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

"Religions" were created by mankind - not God.

God is God. Period. He doesn't subscribe to any manmade "religion" and I don't think he wants us to either.

Mankind has, over the centuries, tried to change the Bible, and God - in order to try to adjust Him to our society.

It is mankind that needs to be adjusting to HIM, and HIS laws.

Perfect examples -

Count up all of the "religions" that have popped up in the last 50 years.

County all of the different "translations" of the original Holy Bible/King James that have popped up over those same 50 years.

Count all of the different "gods" that mankind has created for himself over the same 50 years.

And then take a look at our society today - and where it's heading.

Coincidence? I don't think it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Originally posted by Neo__

I think the new agers are trying to change things regarding God, and the Bible - and yep, it will probably appear to be working - just like it appears now that it is becoming a criminal offense to believe in God, and Jesus Christ. The Bible predicts that in the prophecies - and instructs us to hold fast to our faith, and Him.

But it'll all wash out in the end.

All I can do is pray for the 'new agers' and the others who have, or will, choose to reject Jesus Christ. If people thought Star Wars was a blast.........

I completely agree. Being a believer is quickly becoming unpopular. Which I could care less if I am in the majority or minority when it comes to my faith. But, the fact remains, we are being looked at in many cases as crazy, or cultists, or extremists. I've heard many references on MSM relating 'faith' to being mentally unhealthy.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Ya, I noticed that on Fox's headlines - they are starting to bold text any negative news involving Christians. And as you probably already know, it is only going to get worse as the end days tick by.

The "non believers" can't see that they are mentioned in the Bible - ALOT. And believers are too - but the news for us isn't doom and gloom like it is for the ones that will end up totally rejecting God.

And maybe they don't understand that we are not trying to cause conflict, or be critical of them personally - we are just trying to save their souls from satan - who, by all appearances, has them , for right now, just where he wants them.

I've said this before, and I"ll say it again - this last generation is making this way too easy for satan.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The Bible predicts

is that all you ever do? is say the bible says this or that?

in relation to the thread
things change old beliefs die out and i thin christianity will be replaced by something else
you dont hear of anyone believing in zues or marduk or Odin anymore do you?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

The Bible predicts

is that all you ever do? is say the bible says this or that?

in relation to the thread
things change old beliefs die out and i thin christianity will be replaced by something else
you dont hear of anyone believing in zues or marduk or Odin anymore do you?

Do you have lojack on my avatar?

Yes, that's pretty much all I ever do.

So you don't need to track me down
to ask me if that's all I ever do.

Is all you ever do is track me down to
ask me if that's all I ever do?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Definitely, the earth is quickly becoming a huge playground for satan. Non-believers, new agers, occultists, even if they don't believe in satan, they are indirectly serving his agenda. We try and wake someone up, or just give them advice and we are labeled as fanatics. All I know is, you reap what you sow.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
But what people don't understand is that individuality is the only sin.

Because people feel the need to disprove the Bible because they think they are special if they can discredit the story of God and Jesus.
"No man can turn water into wine...Moses parting the Red Sea HA"

Funny considering that they discredit these theories so quickly...I mean how would someone who doesn't believe, know the power of belief?

It's because they don't understand what the Bible is teaching. People don't understand that Earth is the heaven and the hell...that God is our collective species as a whole. That we are the demons and angels, and if you believe, if you truly believe...then you are an angel. You are safe guarding humanity. And if you try to turn the world against belief and power of reality, then you are killing us.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

no we just keep running into each other on threads and your arguements dont change very much and i bet your probably still harping about the "Don piper case" some where else

that is all

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
First of all, the label "Christian" covers a wide variety of sects and beliefs, which often conflict with each other. But many of the more vociferous varieties will "close ranks" to some extent when confronted with a perceived threat.

As for "new age," that's an even more nebulous term. Its a kind of catch-all that includes everything from the flakiest Malibu beach-bum and spaced-out cultist to serious practitioniers of legitimate mystical paths. Most people began to reject the "new age" label almost as soon as it was applied because it has pejorative connotations (dilittantism, "spiritual materialism," flaky guru-worship, etc.) So there is no "new age" movement at all, even less that there is a monolithic Christian core.

It's worth noting that Christianity has gone under many guises in many ages. The current fashion of condemning everything that conflicts with a rigid, dogmatic scriptural literalism is not an eternal feature of Christianity. A less shrill and political, more tolerant, mystical, and contemplative Christianity is possible and indeed has a long and distinguished pedigree.

[edit on 4/1/10 by silent thunder]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join