It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age vs Christianity Conflict Rising?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And all evil will be cleaned off the planet.

I would assume that lot includes the MUSLIMS and CHRISTIANS who just insist upon fighting their crusades and planting bombs in places.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

And all evil will be cleaned off the planet.

I would assume that lot includes the MUSLIMS and CHRISTIANS who just insist upon fighting their crusades and planting bombs in places.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

According to the Bible, it will include anyone that worships false "gods" and rejects Jesus Christ as their Savior.

If there are Muslims and/or Christians in the mix, then so be it.

The Bible makes clear that satan is in our churches - I can name a few more "televised" ones, but will refrain. I'm sure most know their names anyhow.

Just because a person claims to be a Christian - doesn't mean they are. Again, I'm sure most know who they are.

Jesus will judge us - all of us - Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, New Age, Scientology, Atheist, Republicans, Dems, Conservatives, the milk man, the cashier down at Walmart, etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Dunno - you'll have to take that up with the new agers - that is what they refer to themselves as. Wasn't something that anyone dubbed them.

Christianity isn't new, hon - it's been around as long as the world has been around.

New age can be ancient, or just invented yesterday - but if a person doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior, it isn't going to matter how long its been around - or not been around.

I'm under the impression that the thread author was using the term "new age" to refer to newly created religions - if not, he or she can chime in at any time to let us know.

It is not me who is misinformed. It is you.

YOU believing Jesus is your savior - - - has nothing to do with what New Age is.

The bible can be read/interpreted from the position of a Light Being (beingoflight.brotherofyeshua.com...). Today's bible is interpreted by man which I find unacceptable.

Yes - I was raised in the man created Christian religion - so I consider my opinion valid. It is by my own choice I consider it a lie and purposefully deceitful.

Today's Christianity and Christ are not the same thing.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Annee]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I believe, if we like it or not we are all but one world,one people, one universe, has well as one God. i think mankind needs to stop being so pissed about not being in control and chill and realize that we are all micro scopic cells to this macro body God. the sooner we start relizing the true I is God and we are all but images of the true I, the sooner we can be co-creators for whatever God has in store for us! im new here thanks you all for the time God bless

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I watched a bit of that video and it all sounds the same..."the New Agers worship Lucifer, blah, blah, blah..."

I have my own response to that video here.

We keep hearing this from these ignorant, brainwashed fundamentalists but, in reality, Lucifer is not Satan. I do not profess to know what Lucifer exactly is but what this video proves, really, is that the New Age movement IS NOT Satanic. I'm a New Ager and I have never worshiped Lucifer. I believe in God, just like everyone else does. I don't know what these ppl are talking about.

However...the Illuminati ARE Satanists. But this is another matter altogether, of course.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Many people do not even understand what new age is...there are many variations and different beliefs. There are even New Age Christians that believe in a Christ and the only difference between a regular Christian and a new age Christian is that one believes god said you will be damned to hell for everything, and the other believes that god is like a father instructing us how to raise our consciousness to a higher level so that we will not be stuck on earth forever in this world of duality.

Didn't Christ say we would be like him and do greater things? Why would Christian's not understand god was telling us we are all one, together, with him and the father? We are connected by spirit. That is new age, when we practice living without judgments, and beliefs are but a point of learning before we discard it for a better belief. Constant self evaluation...that is new age.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

sorry but the messiah is not a re-hatch or re-write of any other religions deities...

www.thedevineevidence.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by AHustler]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Christians are good hearted people with good intentions, but if we get pushed, we usually push back - not only with our beliefs, but God's Word, as well.

i.e. don't start none, there won't be none.

exactly, the new age beliefs attacked christianity first with all this trying to say jesus is a symbolic re-hatching of various other religious figures, by demoting my messiah from the messiah to just another one of their 'masters of light'... etc etc...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I think the new agers are trying to change things regarding God, and the Bible - and yep, it will probably appear to be working - just like it appears now that it is becoming a criminal offense to believe in God, and Jesus Christ. The Bible predicts that in the prophecies - and instructs us to hold fast to our faith, and Him.

But it'll all wash out in the end.

All I can do is pray for the 'new agers' and the others who have, or will, choose to reject Jesus Christ. If people thought Star Wars was a blast.........

I completely agree. Being a believer is quickly becoming unpopular. Which I could care less if I am in the majority or minority when it comes to my faith. But, the fact remains, we are being looked at in many cases as crazy, or cultists, or extremists. I've heard many references on MSM relating 'faith' to being mentally unhealthy.

it's all a fight against monotheism, any religion that has many "gods" or claims we ourselves can evolve into "god like beings" is being pushed, and that's why new age belief has become the big thing, cuz it pushes satans original lie, sure satan likes having religions such as hinduism and ancient rome with him and his minions all running around as the gods, but the modern new age view with ever increasing numbers of people believing they're able to somehow evolve into all knowing god like beings, it's what satan's been waiting for and couldn't have worked at any other time in history except now....

the new age religion, and yes, it is a religion.. just like all opponents of christianity dump all denominations of christianity into one christianity pile, we can only be fair by doing the same for the new age religion....the new age religion claims you can become all knowing and god like yet not even it's greatest example beings have overcome death and aging...and i don't mean overcome as in "ascend" to some higher form of light being like buddha, I mean actually still be living or be seen living either after mortal wounds (such as the example in the Holy Bible of my Messiah) or consistently seen alive by many in the flesh over thousands of years with documented whereabouts at all times over those thousands of years (which hasn't been done by anyone).

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
you dont hear of anyone believing in zues or marduk or Odin anymore do you?

no, but they believe in those claiming to be just as old as those religious figures though, if not older.....DK, Sanat Kumara, Buddha, they even claim to have my Messiah in the repertoire....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
As noted above by redoubt, "new age", at least from my definition of this phrase, is actually about the rediscovering of the ancient wisdom. Jesus and the Christian religions that followed him did the same thing 2,000 years ago.

And that "ancient wisdom" is? that you can be as gods....

And if you think that 'new agers' don't believe in God then you would be wrong. What new agers normally do not believe in, however, is the dogma and doctrine that have been handed down to us by politicians and religious leaders with political agendas. The myths and allegories of the Bible contain great wisdom, if you have the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

yet you cannot put any definitive characteristics, names, or titles with this god, he/she has never come out and shown him/herself...indeed the Bible does hold great wisdom, it seems though that the apparent wisdom you're getting is far different from what I'm getting...

Christ taught us to become aware of who we are inside, because this where we're going to find God.
The truth lies within: not in books, not in religions and not in any new age teaching. To find this truth you will need more than simple faith. To find this truth you will need to actually take responsibility for your own life and begin walking the path of self-Awareness which eventually leads to the goal of self-Realization.

indeed, the truth does lie within us, but so does the deception...

Edit to add: I said above that the old age is giving way to the new age and that there those today who are clinging on to the old ways and those today who see the future. This in fact a reality. The Sun, or rather the Vernal Equinox, is quickly regressing backwards through the Zodiac. We now passing from the Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius. Christianity is the sign of the fish. It brought much vision and insight into the world but it could not manifest that vision into reality.

The Age of Pisces brought the true mystic into the world, the dreamer of heaven where all one needs is faith. With the Age of Aquarius, however, will come the true magician, for what is magic but the application of the basic laws of nature. Science has shown us wonders that even a hundred years ago we would've thought was completely impossible. Science will eventually prove, beyond all doubt, the existence of the soul. With this will come the confirmation of God. It'll be like manifesting a new heaven on Earth.

wow, how do you hold so highly this new age belief when even it's top modern frontmen like Alice A. Bailey and Blavatsky never "achieved enlightenment" or "ascended".... and apparently they even had a master teaching them, yet even they fell to death...wait, let me guess, it's because they hadn't reincarnated enough times to reach that level yet right?? ya, ok....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Ok so as my username implies I am a Priest or rather was. Not of Christian theology, nor new age. I retain my Belief but have lost my interest in teaching, because in the end it really is just what "I" believe, and with being led. I have all manor of religious information in hand, and when my Children are old enough and begin asking I will provide them with ALL opinions, not just mine. My Children may find comfort in Christianity, Wicca, Judaism, whatever they choose. It is not my place to choose for them. They learn what is right and what is wrong not for fear of Hell or Karma, but because there is RIGHT and there is WRONG.

This bashing on both sides is ridiculous. We have all become entirely to interested in what goes on in our neighbors bedrooms. Ones relationship with God is simply that. People are so busy pointing fingers at others flaw and pushing their beliefs that they have ignored what religion really is. Religion is Faith and as the word implies belief in something beyond ones self. Religion is meant to lead to a higher level of self through another a higher being.

New Agers, Love to play victim and complain of Christian oppression. These people are as ignorant as they are flexible in their religious beliefs. From book to book they wander seeking some guide. This is standard with most religions, verification through another mans words. To be open minded is one thing. However to meld Crowley, Lovecraft, and Buddha, is ridiculous.

Christians, Are so focus on Christ that they forget that there is so much of their religion they've left by the wayside. Not that I blame them Sacrificing Doves seems a bit Heathen for their liking. Yes that IS in the Bible Luke 2:24, Leviticus 14:30. Ect. So many Variations they are almost worse then New agers. From Mormons( Belief that God came to earth as a Carporial man and had relations with Mary making it premarital sex and not a virgin birth) to the Olsteeners (it's all ok just love God) They've lost Christ in their search for him.

Religions one flaw is Humanity. The "Person" is fine with in religion however the more people you include the more violent, distorted, and bigoted it becomes. Stop learning of God, The Gods, the Universe solely from other people and start learning from the source.

In regards to the Atheists, I mean no offense by this in anyway, do your selves a favor, be quiet and enjoy your life in this world. Stop trading blows with Religious Folks. You might as well smack a Bee hive with a stick, 300 of them coming at you with no real good ending possible.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I disagree. Look at who is really in power. They are either Muslim or Christian. I look for Islam to be the enforcer of the NWO...Take a good look at what is really going on in the world.

The United Nations are Muslim and Christian?? wow, could have fooled me!!!

www.millenniumpeacesummit.com...

ONE THOUSAND RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO GATHER AT THE UNITED NATIONS IN A HISTORIC SUMMIT FOR WORLD PEACE

New York – July 25, 2000 – For the first time in history, religious and spiritual leaders of the world's diverse faith traditions will come together in New York on August 28th to discuss how to forge a partnership of peace with the United Nations. More than 1,000 leaders are expected. The goal of the Religious Summit is to identify ways that the worldwide religious and spiritual communities can work together as interfaith allies with the United Nations on specific peace, poverty and environmental initiatives.

All regions of the world will be represented, as will the major faith traditions of Bahai, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Indigenous, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism and Zoroastrianism.

This is what the new age religion is all about right?? forgetting about your differences to come together and forge a peace, yes?? The United Nations, being basically the mediator and bringer together(terminology??) of those religions, can thus be seen as the one pushing the new age religion... The UN focuses on dropping all differences and barriers so as to come together as one, it's the new age belief minus all the spiritual talk....thus, the ones in power, being the UN and it's affiliates, indeed are new agers....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Since this is the Easter weekend it's probably a good time to remind you that Christians are celebrating the resurrection this weekend because of Astrology. It's the first Sunday after the first full Moon of the Vernal Equinox, which marks the first sign of the Zodiac, Aries.

Yes there are warnings about Astrology in the Bible. And for good reasons, we should never worship the stars and think that we can find the real truth in the mapping of the Heavens. The real truth lies within. With that said, however, the Bible is full of references to Astrology. From Genesis to Revelations there are references to the "Signs in the Heavens". "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". "I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright MORNING STAR", and "surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"

Christ prophesied when He would reappear amongst us again when the disciples asked him about where to go to prepare for the last supper. He said to them, "Behold when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in." This, of course, has much deeper meaning than the simple fact the disciples did indeed, according to Luke, find a man bearing a pitcher of water in the city and followed him to the house for the last supper. The man bearing the pitcher of water is the symbol for the sign of Aquarius and the house is the symbol for period of time when all of humanity will receive the Holy Communion, and not just the disciples.

And I could go on and on. The wise men following the "Star of Bethlehem", the "stars in their courses fighting against Sisera", and the "signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars. Christ was born at the time where the signs of the Zodiac lined up with the actual constellations of the Zodiac, e.g. between the Age of Aries and the Age of Pisces.

The ancient priests and wise men knew about the Precession of the Equinoxes and this why it was prophesied that the messiah would appear at this time. Christ was known as the "Lamb of God" because he came during the transition between Aries and Pisces. The opposite sign of Pisces, the two fish, is Virgo, the virgin with the shaft of wheat. Christ fed the multitudes with two fish and five loaves of bread. The fish is the symbol of Christianity.

symbolism in the bible is a slippery slope, whenever symbolism is used in the bible, The Creator says in it what exactly that symbol represents, that's why Daniel is reffered to greatly when other christian sects label the roman catholic church sect as satanic, cuz Daniel has in depth symbolism and details that back it up and that can refer to no other groups.... so whenever symbolism in the bible is suppose to refer to the movements of the heavens, the Creator will have said so either somewhere in that verse, chapter or book...

For Example, the pitcher of water example you gave has no references within the verse or all of the Book of Luke equating a man with a pitcher of water to some collection of stars in the sky, for the most part, anytime water or seas is used in symbolism in the Bible, it symbolizes the seas of people. When signs in the skies are to be taken as symbolic, it is said so in the Bible, as is seen in Matthew 24:29,30 -

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven....."

and the whole date issue, well, that deserves a post for itself, and I don't have the room to explain it all in this one...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Many people do not even understand what new age is...there are many variations and different beliefs. There are even New Age Christians that believe in a Christ and the only difference between a regular Christian and a new age Christian is that one believes god said you will be damned to hell for everything, and the other believes that god is like a father instructing us how to raise our consciousness to a higher level so that we will not be stuck on earth forever in this world of duality.

Didn't Christ say we would be like him and do greater things? Why would Christian's not understand god was telling us we are all one, together, with him and the father? We are connected by spirit. That is new age, when we practice living without judgments, and beliefs are but a point of learning before we discard it for a better belief. Constant self evaluation...that is new age.

John
14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Don't get it confused, you will do what the Messiah did ONLY if it is in His name and for His glory, by any other means will be of satan and demons...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No problem nomorecruelty, I didn't expect us to see eye to eye on this subject. But I would like to add that the fact that you don't see or refuse to see the references to astrology in the Bible is typical of what is wrong with Christianity today. It kind of reminds me of when some Christians, and I'm not suggesting you in particular, but whensome Christians didn't have a valid argument as to how the dinosaurs could have existed if the world was only 6,000 years old, so they came up with the argument that God had placed those fossils there as a test of their faith. Hmmm...how does one argue with that type of logic...

I always thought Kent Hovind gave the best solution for this problem....all the dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood, that would explain why any dinosaur like creatures around today are mostly water faring animals, ie. alligators and crocs...

Christianity is, I believe, not being honest with itself in relation to the many, many references to the stars and the heavens and why they are there. I'm not suggesting that you go out and hire a astrologer, I'm just saying the authors of the Bible very much believed in astrology and it shows in the myths and symbolisms of the Bible. Take the cross, for instance. It's no co-incidence that were 3 crosses on Calvary on the day of the crucifixion. Each cross represented one of the 3 main crosses in the Zodiac: the Cardinal cross (of spring, summer, autumn and winter), the fixed cross (with the face of a man, Aquarius, the face of a lion, Leo, the left the face of an ox, Taurus, and the face of an eagle, Scorpio), and the mutable or changeable cross. The 3 crosses, each with 4 points, make up the 12 signs of Zodiac, symbolized by the 12 disciples, with the Christ, like the Sun, in the centre.

or maybe the 3 crosses represent the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit, the Bible doesn't say it represents anything, and you putting your own spin on it doesn't help your case....

you know, i didn't even know before, but I did a quick search and found this, ....i see the new age religion has a way of making everything fit it's agenda

There are many secrets of the Bible that one can discern if one dares to look at them with a fresh view. This is what the new age is about, thinking without the chains of doctrine and dogma holding it back. If this is blasphemous, then I guess I'm guilty. But so was Jesus when he challenged the status quo in his day. Remember it was the priests and Sanhedrin council of the day that conspired to have Christ killed for not conforming.

No, the Messiah was killed because He knew it was what He came to do, He had plenty of time to escape if He wanted to.

indeed there are secrets in the Bible, but you're also apparently seeing secrets where there are none....

I'm one who believes in the Messiah as Savior and Creator come in human form. But I also know there are a wide variety of translations, mistranslations and what not, and I don't like using the title of "Jesus Christ" to represent my Messiah because I know of it's several different meanings, translations, numerological meanings, etc etc. But since that is the title most commonly accepted to represent the Messiah of the Bible, I'm forced to use it at times...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Definitely, the earth is quickly becoming a huge playground for satan. Non-believers, new agers, occultists, even if they don't believe in satan, they are indirectly serving his agenda. We try and wake someone up, or just give them advice and we are labeled as fanatics. All I know is, you reap what you sow.

Correction, friend, the ones who support and defend Satan are the ones who believe strongly that he exists, and preach about him, and his vast power to people all the time, and make up false Gods to worship in the face of their Creator. The Occult that I studied taught me the truth about God and Satan, something you may never know. And yes, you do reap what is sown, and what one sends comes back to visit three times over, thus says the Law of Karma.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Man, what a depressing thread. There are over 2 billion Christian-centric believers on this planet, and only the Evangelical American Christians think that Satan is lurking around every corner, trying to set up a one world government and trying to seduce people to worship themselves. Only the American Evangelicals see these kinds of evil conspiracies in every single area of their over-dramatic lives.

The first Christians were not "literalists" but they were slaughtered by the first literalists (sent from Rome to Alexandria to kill the infidels) and this is why literalism won out in the end over Gnosticism as being the official Christian theological interpretation. In fact, it was violence and oppression that established the church in the western world. This is important to understand about the personality of what's become of the Christian religion, and how authoritarianism is at the heart of all fundamentalist version of Jesus' ministry. This is not what Jesus would have been comfortable with. Not if the gospels are true accounts of the person of Jesus.

Jesus fought the authoritarianism of his day, and now the people who profess to represent him are engaged in the same letter of the law authoritarianism as the Sadducees were back then. So many "warnings" and veiled threats on this thread toward anyone who persists in embracing a contrary view of what Jesus represented or what each human being is absolutely free to embrace or reject. The emotional energy is seething behind every phrase, and is obvious to someone reading the posts. Such a terrible way to represent the love and compassion that Jesus worked so hard to teach the people of his day.

That video oozed evil and fear mongering. I'd be so repulsed by that mindset if it were the only thing I'd ever encountered representing the Christian faith. Reeks of Jim Jones and 900 people who brought their own persecution on themselves so that they could fulfill their own twisted prophesy and die as holy martyrs in the jungle. Imagine, hating people for wanting to understand and accept each other as fellow human beings. Any philosophy that fears such a thing is extremely demented.

If this is what being an American Evangelical is all about, then yes, you'll have your end-times persecution, and you'll have brought it all on yourselves. No one wants hyper-paranoid lock-step shock troops that think that the entire planet is out to destroy them. No one wants their children indoctrinated by such people either. It's unhealthy and frightening to the average human being to be subjected to such extreme views that are so dark and ugly, and especially when they are tied in to apocalyptic biblical rhetoric. It just has the feel of an eventual murder/suicide cult.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Correction, friend, the ones who support and defend Satan are the ones who believe strongly that he exists, and preach about him, and his vast power to people all the time, and make up false Gods to worship in the face of their Creator. The Occult that I studied taught me the truth about God and Satan, something you may never know. And yes, you do reap what is sown, and what one sends comes back to visit three times over, thus says the Law of Karma.

believing that something or some being exists doesn't give it power, i believe my family exists, but that doesn't give them power, I believe roads exist, that doesn't mean I'm defending roads...we all believe there are more than 2 major political parties, yet none of the other smaller ones have ever been supported by close to as many as the major 2 liars we call republicans and democrats.... to believe something exists is not the same as believing IN something...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If Christians launch a true war against everything they consider "New Age" (which is often more than "New Agers" themselves) then I will be waiting patiently, ready to defend myself as I am required. Being a defensive war for everyone else, many, many Christians would no doubt be killed. So I would advise they never start an actual war if they would not like their collective influence further reduced in this world.

As long as they just think I'm going to their hell, and keep running their mouths, I can deal with that, and everything is okay. The creator of everything gave me a brain and that's all I need to see how much sense their philosophy and teachings make. That is the end of any "intellectual" aspect of a "war" right there.

As for anything else -- I say bring it on. If they're as clever in warfare as they are in philosophy, then I think they would just bring on their own extinction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join