It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve Ancient Folktale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hello Everyone, as you can see by the thread title I'm calling "Adam and Eve" just an Ancient Folktale. The first humaniod with speach capability dates back to about 2.4 million year ago(Cro Magnon being 30,000 too... no ones sure yet). So going on the same principal that man has Evolved is it a hypothetical chance that the story of Adam and Eve is truely just an Ancient folktale passed down from the earliest of generations... even before we really even were exactly... us! I mean is it so hard to truely believe man passed down a story about the first conception or conceptions of what is now Modern Man. Hypothetically two different species of humaniod copulate, that offspring is now the newer version of the speaking humaniod. So clearly this process would've happened for millions of years and some would survive some wouldn't. Well those that did would've eventually had the capability of producing stories and verbalizing them. Maybe one of these first stories was about the conception of the first man by two sacred beings (since man always seems to go the religious route.), and this is the same story that the christians interpreted and changed to fit in with their same stories. If you go father back it would be every civilization that changed this to there suiting to fit in the time. This would explain similarities in creationism tales through religious history. Just something I'm tossing out there leeme know what everyone thinks. Also I think that Cro Magnon and Neanderthals could be one such grouping.

Some links to deal with human age:
www.usatoday.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
God makes "every beast of the field and every bird of the air, ... and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name ... but for the man there was not found a helper[6] God causes the man to sleep, and makes a woman from one of his ribs (or side), and the man awakes and names his companion Woman, "because she was taken out of Man."[7] "And the man and his wife were both naked, and were not ashamed."

Just a clip out of the book of genesis that stood out to me as very striking.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If the story of adam and eve is real then we are all the product of incest. Not something I'm particularly fond of.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

Well, not exactly. In Genesis, god makes man in his own image to populate the world. Then it comes back to tell about Adam and Eve. So that leads me to believe that Adam and Eve weren't the first people, but maybe a special bloodline. Even then, when Cain killed Abel, Cain was sent out to a far away land with a special mark so he could easily be recognized. Which leads to, recognized by whom? Also, what about Cain's wife? Cain obviously couldn't have had a wife if there were no people other than Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel(deceased).

Furthermore...the flood. The only living people after the flood were: Noah, his sons, and his son's wives. So maybe incest from that group, but not Adam and Eve.

And then you have to take in account the many translations from language to language and the modifications and removals of texts by various governments through history for control over the masses.

So, to me, it's one of two things, all made up, or completely different than the original writings/happenings.

EDIT: Spelling/Punctuation

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sr_robert1]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The oldest human with the Hyoid bone for speech found dates c. 12,000 B.P. (in Haifa Israel), and Eden was located not far (opposite the Tepe's) at the headwaters of the major rivers of Mesopotamia.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

Well thats one way to look at it but it's probably the truth... brother!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

Thats believing that what the Bible says is fact. I believe the lineage of man to have been corrupted but not at the same cost as depicted in the Bible. That being said what you said about the story was inetresting I'd like to delve into the Cain question a bit more. Give me a few seconds I'll be back.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

If God is Not a Primate as A'Dam & Eve were... perhaps God made the Soul after their (God) Image and named it Man and Woman.

In the Gospel of John...

1st chapter God was said to be a WORD and in Him was LIFE which was The LIGHT of MAN.... Not the Light of A'Dam...

So A'Dam was Not made in Gods Image but MAN (The Soul) was.

I've Never heard J.C. called The Son of A'Dam have you ???

They refer to "The Son of Man"... or "The Man Child" Not "The Son of A'Dam" ?????

To call J.C. the Son of A'Dam just doesn't sound quite right does it ????

[edit on 29-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If Adam and Eve were actually HUMANS, how is it that the genetic defects that come from inbreeding were any different many thousands of years ago than they are today? How can a species NOT breed itself out of existence by starting with only 2 people? Oh I get it, Adam and Eve, and many generations of their descendants, must have been sprinkled with magical pixie dust from "God." I wish I could somehow live to see the day, if ever, when the entire human race acknowledges that it's absolutely NOT possible to begin a species with only one couple. Nothing has really changed since Biblical times. Very sad, to wildly understate it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Not according to me but ancient writings... A little cross breeding also with other species ???

((And there is reference to this (Edited) in various translations of the Roman bible.))

According to the books of E'Noch... I-XXXVI

Quote;

The Book of E’Noch I-XXXVI

the children of the heavens, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another:

“Come, let uschose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.”

03. And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them:

“I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed,
and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.”

04. And they all answered him and said:

“Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations
not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.”

05. Then sware they all together and bound themselves together by mutual imprecations upon it.

06. And they were in all two hundred;
who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

07. And these are the names of their leaders:
Semiazaz, their leader, Arakiba, Rameel, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomael, Sariel.

08. These are their chiefs of tens.

Chapter 7.

01. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives,
and each chose for himself one,
and they began to go in unto them and defile themselves with them,
and they taught them charms and enchantment’s,
and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

02. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants,
whose height was Three Thousand Ells:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There are so many possibilities:

here are a few of them:

1) Adam and Eve weren't just two people but actually represented many men and women.

2) Constantine and his little group of editors decided to omit large parts of Genesis and other books. (extremely likely)

3) Given fossil records of humanoids going back a few million years, perhaps about 6 thousand years ago or so, God decided to build the Garden of Eden and start a new, more like his image peoples. (wasn't the Garden supposed to be protected by a statue with a flaming sword or something,if so, protected from who?)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Adam and Eve definitely is a folk tale, anyone taking this story literally needs to reexamine their beliefs immediately.

The story might be a metaphor for our evolution from unthinking ape to ultimately intelligent creature, a story about our transfer from primitive culture to the more advanced civilizations that began sprouting up around 10,000 years ago.

The story might also be a metaphor for how ignorance is preferable to bliss though I think that a poor moral to the story it does appear to be the only moral of the story I can see (other than not to listen to talking snakes).

The interesting thing about Genesis is that one of the creation accounts says God commands the Earth to bring forth life, which is interestingly similar to evolution. Could the primitive peoples who penned the Bible have already been entertaining ideas similar to evolution? There is some doubt, since the magical creation of the Bible isn't exactly a detailed tree of life like modern evolutionary science depicts and the account of the creation of the Universe is laughable in the extreme given what we know now of the cosmos beyond our pale blue dot.

Other still see Adam and Eve as a conspiracy, as a depiction of an event involving the ETs that supposedly genetically altered us from apes into the humans we are today. Though modern genetics generally disproves the idea of aliens tampering with our DNA by proving just how closely related to other apes we are.

The story has always reminded me of Prometheus giving fire to the mortals, the serpent in the Garden offers knowledge and is damned for it, Prometheus is also punished by the gods.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

2) Constantine and his little group of editors decided to omit large parts of Genesis and other books. (extremely likely)

BINGO..... Yes the most Likely...

(wasn't the Garden supposed to be protected by a statue with a flaming sword or something, if so, protected from who?)

Geneseis Chapter 3 Verse. 24

24. So He drove out the Man;
and He placed at the East of the Garden of Eden
Cherubims, and a flaming sword
which turned every way,
to keep the way of the tree of Life.

The Sword is a Rotor that rotates in the Angel.

Here is the seraphim from the New Octagonal Format ... the cherubim’s are similar but smaller... Similar functions.

The old Seraphim and Cherubim had Six wings as they were of the old Hexagonal Format Not 2 sets of 4 a total of eight as in the New Octagonal Format.

The new Seraphim.... in Library and Running Program format.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Truth is amazingly self evident and wonderful enough, while any hype of us is incomparable.
The headwaters of the great rivers of the fertile crescent abound in minerals that were
instrumental in the Hyoid bone developing in Humanity, and fungi (one in particular)
was found especially disruptive of progress in communicative comprehension taking place

The Tepe's reveal this time was concerned with determining the sphere of the globe
and the habitable zone latitudes while finding navigation and getting the calendar
apparently the climate being temperate was a major concern!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I knew something to that affect. Thanks for the info Matrix, I need to read
Genesis again. I find it interesting that is talks of God driving men from the Garden and placing them at the corners...

The more I look at it the more I wonder if the Bible just contains but a sliver of what should be much more information.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Cross breeding is clearly something that happened in our past. I mean there are packs of wolves that never breeed outside of the pack, so whats that tell you? I think people are just taken back by the fact that we could be all related and that an intelligent person could've came from such chaos.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ahh yes my friend, the bible would probably be a million page book if they didn't omit anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
To me it's rather TMI (!) abounding in "i.e.'s"~ and excessively redundant!

With the exception of the matters of 0bservance it expects/presumes you know if reading
(and therefor the Calendar) it isn't lacking at all!

[edit on 2010/3/30 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The Roman bible is not the only reference to these subjects. Another member in ATS introduced me to a writing called "Corpus Hermeticum".

Two entities are dealt with in Genesis....

In dealing with the English version...

1. The flesh Adam & Eve (Note these 2 titles are dissimilar in name...)

2. The Soul Man & Woman (Note the similarity of the Title names MAN & WO MAN)

Note the Scribes and Religious teachers (of Flesh, or the descendants of A'Dam.) mix these two, The Flesh & The Soul both in the writings and in doctrine, in an attempt to Covet the "Soul".

The One they refer to as God and The Lord God are the two components as stated in "The Gospel According to John" NT...

Where the two components are....

1. The WORD.... Not the bible as believed by some.

2. The LIFE of God or the LIGHT of MAN... Not A'dam, as his Life was the Breath.

The Lord God is the One, that is J.C. that gave instruction through the One called Jesus of Nazareth today who was a Carpenter.

The Roman doctrine Confused the matter, by trying to Humanise the writings and Covet the tital of the Soul.

There is a writing available on the net called...

"The thunder Perfect Mind"

An Ancient writing, some call a poem by the Carpenter, while others refer to this writing
as a Confession made by J.C. as regards to his Identity through the Carpenter.

And this is what is Overlooked in what is described in the Genesis.

The main reason humankind can't understand what is being reported in this writing, is because humankind don't know what they are nor do they know the Mind or LIFE except for a few...

Unfortunately exists War between Flesh and the Mind. (Not the Brain)
What was often Referred to as "The True Mind" was LIFE...

As described in the writing "The Thunder Perfect Mind"...

And another example "Corpus Hermeticum".

As I have repeated myself Many, many, times in other Threads (Because it is so Important)....

In "The Gospel of Thomas" it is written Quote;

39. Jesus said,

The Pharisees and the Scribes

have taken The Keys of Knowledge

and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,

nor have they allowed to enter

those who wish to.

You can thank the Romans and Religious teachers for Committing this terrible Crime in Literature and Doctrine, that has totally Bastardised the Original understanding.

This influence, sadly, has infiltrated every culture on Earth.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join