It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Patriotic States of America - Succeeding States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How long will it take before u read that title in the newspapers
or on MSM???

How many states will follow???

Federal Gov is tooooo friggin big and tyrannical !!!

your thoughts ATS

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is illegal for a State to seceed from the union.

However a State is encouraged to succeed

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Quick answer...never.
Which state wants to go it alone without Federal money or any Federal any protection.
Any OF COURSE screw loyalty to our country and patriotism.

Such concepts are not entertained on ATS. Let's live in the internet dream world!.
I rarely post on ATS anymore, all it is is cowardly fear mongering far removed from reality BS! Yeah, were is the martial law? The swine flu takeover? The confiscation of guns? AND ALL THE OTHER HYSTERICAL CRAP THAT GETS POSTED HERE?

This site USED to be interesting, now it's JUST ONE NUT AFTER THE OTHER!

[edit on 22-3-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, I don't know why we would read THAT headline; it would be pretty ridiculous. I mean, Succeeding States? What're they succeeding at?

I don't think many newspapers would refer to SECEDING states as patriotic, except for those in the seceding states.

It's not a very good headline, anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Quick answer...never.
Which state wants to go it alone without Federal money or any Federal any protection.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by OldDragger]

If a state seceded then federal money wouldn't matter anymore. The state would issue its own currency.

The state wouldn't need Federal protection, it would need protection from the Feds.

I hope we read the headlines soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I usually don't comment on grammer errors...I'm a horrible speller myself.

But this is like the 5th person I've seen calling for states to "succeed".

Deny Ignorance?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

If a state seceded then federal money wouldn't matter anymore. The state would issue its own currency.

I love how simple people make this sound.

What will that currency be backed by??? Will it be fiat currency...you know...the type that most people on here complain about?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When the Federal Government continually passes laws which violate the States' Rights, it is certainly time for each state to explore their options, one of which is secession. The FEDs will always try and play it off like this will never happen, because they are scared to death of it happening. It only takes one to get the ball rolling.

I do not see why the States need such a large, expensive, invasive and disrespectful Federal Government to work together. It would seem, they would be better off just dealing with each other without the FEDs always running interference.

The Federal Government is mostly a myth which has been sold to all as a necessary requirement. If the Federal Government disappears tomorrow, there is no reason why the State Governments cannot take over and work together for a better Union. They certainly cannot do any worse.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

just because some of those things havent happened yet doesnt mean they wont happen...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xstealth

I love how simple people make this sound.

What will that currency be backed by??? Will it be fiat currency...you know...the type that most people on here complain about?

At the worst it might be fiat currency, but fiat currency without the current inflation rates and Federal Reserve control. It would be controlled by the state, and that is the worst case scenario.

Some states can back currency on Gold/Oil and other natural resources.

Even at worst case scenario, its better then our current scenario.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by OldDragger

just because some of those things havent happened yet doesnt mean they wont happen...

And just because some people are continually paranoid and afraid doesn't mean it WILL happen!
I've heard this juvenille hysterical crap for FOURTY years now.
It's totally irrelevant, and, well STUPID. There is no other way of saying it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It may be just me, but I think it is strange that while the American States are all upset over the Federal Government's insane legislation, many citizens are seeing all this grand effort to change America as coming on the historical anniversary of some other key event in American history and that is the Stamp Act.

While most either wont remember or don't know about the Stamp Act, I am providing a link. If after you view and read the link and don't feel as if history is in someway repeating itself, then you aren't reading enough about what the Stamp Act was and what happened afterward.

Take a look and see for yourself. Enjoy and thanks for the posting.

www.history.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Why not? The Fed is getting away with it aren't they?

Hell, you could base a currency on anything. Use some creativity for once.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I usually don't comment on grammer errors...I'm a horrible speller myself.

But this is like the 5th person I've seen calling for states to "succeed".

Deny Ignorance?

I find the error quite ironic. And, amusing.... can't forget amusing... very amusing.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by SpacePunk]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I give it till the end of the year. At least one will seceed.

I'm rooting for Texas. As long as we root for our states, we'll all win.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh
I give it till the end of the year. At least one will seceed.

I'm rooting for Texas. As long as we root for our states, we'll all win.

I doubt it. As a native Texas, my patriotism to the United States comes first before that of Texas. I can guarantee that the majority in Texas feel the same way. I would never bow down to Rick Perry and a bunch of people with questionable motives if they wanted to form their own country. Texas would be basically pissing on the American flag. No, thank you. I want no part of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Normally I would say, never gonna happen...
However...
there is one triggering event that could make it all happen and that event is locked under the ice in Iceland
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Any state that withdrew from the union would just end up like North Korea. No country on Earth would trade with them to appease the rest of America and none of the individual states manufacture anything of much consequence.

They'd scrape by for a decade or two, until things start to break down and then Texas, or whichever state you like, begins to look a lot like Cuba with it's antique cars and infrastructure.

Running on nothing but non-renewable energy sources like oil or coal, not to mention probably using oil/coal credits as commodity for everything else would soon dry up and the state would go dark without imports of things like solar panels or wind/water turbines from China.

Maybe the rest of the union would pity them and sell them just enough electricity per household to power a refrigerator... probably not.

I really don't think separatists have thought this through.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You know, if you think that a state should secede... Why not join a secession movement instead of just talking about "I wish it would happen."

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
You know, if you think that a state should secede... Why not join a secession movement instead of just talking about "I wish it would happen."

Because that is called making yourself a target.

Come on, in today's day and age, with our modern advances of guerrilla warfare and psychological operations, you're smarter than that aren't you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join