It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin says there are no Aliens!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks for the kind words and my best wishes on your journey as well. I have met few people from the outside that truly understand what it is and how it really affects the people afflicted. I completely understand what you are saying and I do not disagree, I just do not subscribe. As far as I am concerned, anything that is harmless to others but gets you to the next day without severing that friendship with Bill W. then go for it.

All that being said, I will admit that I have no clue how much alcohol Buzz has actually taken in or what his brain looks like. I cannot say he is or is not a decent authority figure. I hope it was clear that I was speaking from the point of generally understood medical science and that I know all rules have exceptions as well as the fact that I have absolutely no reference from which to judge this man's worth as an authority figure.

Now I hope I did not seem to preachy.

It certainly looks to me like the only video being shown of him talking about real UFOs is the one that was heavily edited and I cannot point out and outright contradictions or miss-statements that he has made. Buzz might be a great authority on all kinds of things. I was just agreeing with the general sentiment of the post and I hope I did not offend anyone in doing so, nor defending doing so.

Thanks for being open to hearing my point of view and at least understanding where I come from as well on this.

I guess what I should have said was...

All I can say is that my life experience has taught me that long term alcohol use have been scientifically proven to damage parts of the brain that would deal most with a person's credibility - does not prove anything about Buzz.

On a personal note, although I know it is not popular, I prefer recovered to recovering for personal reasons and completely respect all other viewpoints.

I hope that was better.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
Whatever it was (of man-made origin) SHOULD'VE been recognized seeing there's not much up there to be confused over.

If it had been closer to them, maybe it would have been recognized.

Apparently it was a little too far away to get a clear view of what it was. Their varying descriptions showed they couldn't really even tell the actual shape of the object.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
OT:

Despite the many conflicting suggestions regarding statements made by Mr. Aldrin, he continues to command my respect and admiration. I don't think we'll ever get one of those Hollywood death bed confessions Perry Mason style.I will continue to defend this honorable man if I see him mocked. He had "The Right Stuff."

I cam admit that I have not always been a fan of the man on a personal level but I do not see where he has been caught contradicting himself and he strikes me as someone that would die smiling with a secret before a deathbed confession anyway.

TRIVIA:

Astronaut, second man on the moon.

Aldrin's mother's maiden name was Moon.

Had his first name legally changed to "Buzz" in 1979.

Moonwalker. Lunar Module Pilot, Apollo 11, making him the second man to walk on the Moon.

Society of Operating Cameramen, (SOC) Recipient, Technical Achievment Award (1995) "NASA, First live television broadcast from the Moon. (1969)"

His Swedish ancestors were blacksmiths who emigrated to America from the province Värmland in Sweden.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

You made me kinda curious here. Not to make a bad joke (or two) at all but does anyone know why his nickname was "Buzz." Considering what we were talking about I just have to ask. I knew a guy named Buzz once and he was a huge pothead left over from the 50s and 60s. - That was why he was called Buzz anyway. I am sure there is a better reason but I am curious now.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
0:40 Onwards

It could be the sun reflecting of the earth ? , Could it not ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

He's either a hypocrite, is brainwashed, under mind-control, had his memory erased, being threatened, entering senility or a liar.

Take your pick because it's one of 'em!

Say that to his face, and I'll hold your coat and stand over here...
wa-a-a-ay over here.

Seriously, you are seething with rage and it's impacting your desired appearance of rationality. Seems you are mad at anyone who testifies differently than you enjoy believing.

Having known Buzz personally for several decades, I can say he's lots of things, but none of the vile accusations you have conjured up.

I am not seething with rage sweetie. Honestly. Maybe it's just a personal 'thing of mine because I KNOW we're having ET visitations. Not going to go into the details so if I know this then.......why isn't an astronaut even opened to the possibility then? I don't get it.

It's not that I am arguing that he's seen them or not but the fact that he readily and expressively denies them, is where I have an issue. That's all.

And the other part of my debate is; what could possibly have been the explanation? I just read it was a door? From what? Sounds too hokey.

I really feel he's hiding something.
The fact that other astronauts have come forward and said they've SEEN them then again, why won't Buzz allow for them to possibly exist? NASA is LOOKING for life so even they allow the possibility.

I don't trust NASA or any government agency. That's my personal hang-up because I know they lie to us constantly in order to cover up important information.
I just have a feeling, they have gotten hold of Aldin.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Money gets people crazy. Looks like the MIB got to him.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by magnetix]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's not that I am arguing that he's seen them or not but the fact that he readily and expressively denies them, is where I have an issue. That's all.

That is exactly the part I agree with. Maybe it is arrogance though, someone who knows him better can speak to that. It just seems odd to so definitively deny that they even exist. He does not have to say he has seen them or they have even been to Earth but he seems quick to just flatly deny they exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well here's his explanation (fast-forward to 1:20) but I can't help but notice that, in almost all interviews I've seen, Buzz's fists are clenched in the beginning.

I just think he's holding onto many secrets which might explain his pent-up behavior. That's just my impression.
He's very uptight (he also sucker punch an annoying person once which was posted before too but.....)

I posted this earlier too and even though this is a spoof interview (and Buzz didn't even realize it) look at his fists again. Just odd that's all.

Listen, he's probably a lovely man but there's just something that's not so forthcoming about him.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And the other part of my debate is; what could possibly have been the explanation? I just read it was a door? From what? Sounds too hokey.

He calls the 4 things "panels" (not doors) on his Larry King interview , that Phage posted earlier. You should watch that one because he has a model of the Saturn V and shows what the panels look like on the model, it's an excellent visual aid, way better then the video you posted where he doesn't have the model.

And think about it, those panels have to go somewhere...so why couldn't it be one of the panels?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Maybe it's just a personal 'thing of mine because I KNOW we're having ET visitations. Not going to go into the details.....

Statements such as this get my goat. It's like, "I know where there is an ATM giving away free money BUT I can't say where it is."

It appears to me that you have some visceral negative reaction to this man and despite not knowing him can detect untruthful speech patterns in his voice. Oh and he holds his hands clinched in a manner that displeases you and Obama is the Anti-Christ. (OK, I just threw that last one in.)

He's a liar. Case closed. Who's Next?

Link to List of Living Moon Astronauts

UFO claims: In 2005, while being interviewed for a documentary titled First on the Moon: The Untold Story, Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an unidentified flying object. Aldrin told David Morrison, an NAI Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. Their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles away, but the panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver so they would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction.[36] When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel. Interviewed by the Science Channel, Aldrin mentioned seeing unidentified objects, and he claims his words were taken out of context; he asked the Science Channel to clarify to viewers he did not see alien spacecraft, but they refused.

en.wikipedia.org...

How did Buzz Aldrin get his nickname?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well knowing that Buzz is now taking on the limelight and doing shows on TV, I can imagine he want's to blank out anything he said in the past, so that now he can get his face on TV. I'm sure his taste buds for fame at his age are more important then fighting for something he knows wont see the light of day for many more years.

Which is sad to see, I think we all would agree. Ive lost faith in many people now, even figures such as Buzz, as even he is as acceptable to being bought then anyone else. So basically the only person you can rely on, is yourself.

Reason im going to do some hard research soon and try and post something that will shine new light on what evidence we have here.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by BlackProject]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Maybe it's just a personal 'thing of mine because I KNOW we're having ET visitations. Not going to go into the details.....

Statements such as this get my goat. It's like, "I know where there is an ATM giving away free money BUT I can't say where it is."

You know? Seeing how you're misjudging me, what or how you feel about Buzz Aldrin has just dropped one or two rungs!

I am not mentioning why I 'know' we have ET visitors because 1) I don't feel it's appropriate to hijack someone else's thread and 2) When no one asks, I don't offer up front.
It's that simple. It wasn't a tease. Rather it was done out of respect and modesty.

We all have opinions and that's what makes life an interesting place to co-exist in so we ought not start bashing one another because of our differences. Look how these wars are working out!

I am simply stating my feelings, as respectfully as I possibly can using this 1-dimensional venue and....I am not poking fun at anyone else.

I feel Aldin is holding something back or has been brainwashed or is being threatened or had his memory wiped out unbeknown to him.
Because someone who adamantly states "There are absolutely no ET's" almost feels like a very strange and abnormal reaction/response especially now-a-days.
It's an odd occupation for him to be in with that atttitude wouldn't you say?

I liken it to being an explorer years ago. Why risk your life exploring if you KNOW there's no other land out there?

So that's my opinion and now.....continue having yours! It's all good!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Thanks for the clarity and in the spirit of cooperation I'll agree at times, the man don't seem right. I suppose I empathize with him.

You may enjoy this as it sheds further light:

In his 1973 autobiography titled "Return to Earth" Aldrin reflects on his historical life, childhood, his descent into alcoholism and mental illness, and being manipulated by the government. "I was idly discussing books I had read as a youngster when I remembered there had been a period of fascination with science fiction. Then I remembered one story about a voyage to the moon during which a great deal of trouble was encountered and once the moon had been reached the space travelers departed for earth, returning home insane. It had given me nightmares as a youngster, and had secured an odd corner in my psychic life. Ironically, I would end up going on the first voyage to the moon and that corner of my psychic life would come right along me, stirred to frightened life but unable to present itself in my consciousness until the insistent prodding of a psychiatrist unearthed it."

Source

We all have our demons, self certainly included! Kudos to you. Live and let live.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Whatever it was (of man-made origin) SHOULD'VE been recognized seeing there's not much up there to be confused over.

If it had been closer to them, maybe it would have been recognized.

Apparently it was a little too far away to get a clear view of what it was. Their varying descriptions showed they couldn't really even tell the actual shape of the object.

Twofish, you demand that the universe conform to the way you're SURE it ought to be. How's that working out, generally?

"There's not that much up there to be confused over", you say? Shouldn't you add the qualifier, "... that I know of." Because what you know of, isn't half of what was up there.

In this case, if you want to approach reality, try studying up on what NASA engineers themselves were saying about stuff seen outside spacecraft windows in those days -- the 1970 'Moon Pigeon' report: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

He calls the 4 things "panels" (not doors) on his Larry King interview , that Phage posted earlier. You should watch that one because he has a model of the Saturn V and shows what the panels look like on the model, it's an excellent visual aid, way better then the video you posted where he doesn't have the model.

And think about it, those panels have to go somewhere...so why couldn't it be one of the panels?

Indeed they do -- if they were NOT visible, you'd have to wonder who grabbed them. They were seen on other Apollo translunar coasts, such as Apollo-12. And they were photographed from Earth.

And during coasting back towards Earth, with no SLA panels, the Apollo crews also never reported seeing flashing lights pacing them. Coincidence, or cause and effect?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I feel Aldin is holding something back or has been brainwashed or is being threatened or had his memory wiped out unbeknown to him.

yes im sure you'd like to think that but the only reason you do is becuase he doesnt confirm your belief system.

someone who adamantly states "There are absolutely no ET's" almost feels like a very strange and abnormal reaction/response especially now-a-days.

ive never seen him say theres no ETs anywhere in the universe. Its clear he doesnt believe we are being visited by ETs. UFO believers often confuse those 2 subjects.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

someone who adamantly states "There are absolutely no ET's" almost feels like a very strange and abnormal reaction/response especially now-a-days.

ive never seen him say theres no ETs anywhere in the universe. Its clear he doesnt believe we are being visited by ETs. UFO believers often confuse those 2 subjects.

I never heard him say "There are absolutely no ET's", when and where did he say that...link? I thought I heard him talking about the martian rock ALH84001 and how that may have evidence of ET life as some scientists suspect may be a possibility.

I get the impression that some people just grossly misinterpreted his comments about the monolith etc when he talked about "who put it there"? His monolith comments were already explained a thousand times to people that don't seem to understand them. And people seem to also be misinterpreting his comments in the interview which prompted this thread which the OP didn't bother to provide a transcript for, so here it is:

Originally posted by Estharik
Direct link to playback download
Boomer & Carton - Buzz Aldrin

Starting at 3:29

Host: Aliens have landed on this planet, yes or no?
Buzz: No
Host: You do not believe in the concept of UFOs?
Buzz: Well if you want to read my wonderful science-fiction story, I might have to change my mind. It's a great story, but it's not fact and we need to deal with reality:
For aliens to come here from somewhere else is extraordinary and any claims that are extraordinary require extraordinary evidence. That's Carl Sagan and that's one thing I really agreed with him on.

Buzz is apparently referring to his co-authorship with science fiction author John Barnes to write science fiction stories "Encounter With Tiber" and "The Return."

Note they asked for a yes or no answer to the question, but after saying "no", Buzz qualified his statement and said it's an extraordinary claim with no extraordinary evidence to back it up, which is true.
He doesn't say there are no ETs, he says there's no extraordinary evidence to support the extraordinary claim that ETs have visited Earth, and how can you not agree with that? (if you read my signature it's apparent that like Buzz, I also think Carl Sagan was correct about extraordinary claims.)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin is in no position whatsoever to say categorically whether Aliens have landed on Earth or not. He's simply not privy to that kind of information. But he's entitled to his opinion, but that's all it is. If he's seen evidence of ET while in space, then he's obviously been ordered to lie.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Just curious Jim, but do you know perhaps if that detailed analysis was done around the same time when team member Hynek himself tried to explain two days of mass UFO sightings made by about 100 ordinary folks of UFO’s away with his famous but o so stupid swampgas explanation?

In late March 1966, in Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular.

en.wikipedia.org...

You didn't ask me but I'm going to respond anyway since we had some good discussion in another thread.

I suggest you read Hynek's own account of that situation here:

www.cohenufo.org...

Before I give you my reaction Arbitrageur, I would like to say the following.

I have a very great respect for Dr. Hynek's later work, I have one of his books “The Hynek UFO report” in Dutch on my bookshelf at home.
He was in a way indeed the father of scientific ufology.
And as some reporter once suggested to him [see below], I do remember him not as an astronomer but as the man who made UFOs respectable.

I did read his account in your link, but in my opinion one must read what he said there with the following in the back of your mind.

My opinion is that after he was asked by the Air Force back then to act as astronomical consultant to Project Blue Book he must therefore had to go along with the intentions and methodology the Air Force used and still do regarding the UFO/ET phenomenon, which was/is nothing more than debunking all the serious UFO sightings away and use if necessary at the time and place explanations such as swamp gas or balloons or stars or ice particles and on and on.

Look what J. Allen Hynek said about Project Blue Book.

Excerpt from the book, "The UFO Experience - A Scientific Inquiry", by J. Allen Hynek

Summary:

The popular impression through the years was that Blue Book was a full-fledged, serious operation.

The public perhaps envisioned a spacious, well-staffed office with rows of file cabinets, a computer terminal for querying the UFO data bank, and groups of scientists quietly studying reports, attended by a staff of assistants.

The actual situation was unfortunately the opposite.

Blue Book was a "cover-up" to the extent that the assigned problem was glossed over for one reason or another.

In my many years association with Blue Book, I do not recall ever one serious discussion of methodology, of improving the process of data gathering or of techniques of comprehensive interrogation of witnesses.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Of course not all sightings are real UFO/ET sightings, but you simply cannot explain them all away with unreasonable or in some cases shameful explanations with the only intention of bringing those witnesses where under ordinary citizens, police officers, pilots, military personnel, scientists and even astronauts as much as possible in discredit or/and making them look like some idiots.

Look what I see happening regarding astronauts, when they are coming forward and saying that the UFO/ET phenomenon is real even they are being accused of lying or being misinformed and if necessary are brought as much as possible in discredit.
It happens all the time.

But this is what’s very interesting and important, that when Project Blue Book was closed, Dr. Hynek voiced this concern and did make a 180 degree turn in his views on the subject, one of the most famous such reversals in history.

His legendary career in the study of UFO phenomena began in 1948 at Ohio State when he was asked by the Air Force to act as astronomical consultant to Project Blue Book - a role he carried out for 20 years.

In 1966, after a rash of sightings in Michigan, he went to the area to take charge of the investigation. After interviewing scores of people he ascribed certain sightings to luminous marsh gas rather than something from space.

In a wonderful example of irony, the infamous "swamp gas" flap had a major impact on the level of skepticism toward government investigations and prompted many amateurs to become citizen investigators.

In due course Dr. Hynek became disenchanted with the intentions and methodology of the Air Force.

When Project Blue Book was closed, he voiced this concern, continued his work privately and eventually founded the Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) in 1973.

By then Dr. Hynek had executed a 180 degree turn in his views on the subject - one of the most famous such reversals in history.

Dr. Hynek wrote several books and published the International UFO Reporter. It was he who formulated the encounter classification scheme made famous in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

A reporter once suggested to him he might be remembered not as an astronomer but as the man who made UFOs respectable. He replied, "I wouldn’t mind. If I can succeed in making the study of UFOs scientifically respectable and do something constructive in it, then I think that would be a real contribution."

He died of a brain tumor on April 27, 1986.

www.ufoevidence.org...

[edit on 26/3/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Yeah, either the wads of cash scenario or;

THEM: Look...Buzz, we cannot have you going around saying that UFO's shadowed you on the way to the moon, and that there is this and that on Phobos, etc. etc...

BUZZ: But it's the truth, i did see UFO's in space and on the moon..and there is a weird monolith on Phobos...besides, i've said it now, and i'll look like a crank if i retract it now.

THEM: Well...what's better, to look like a lying crank, or to look like a rotting corpse in the desert, alongside the rotting corpses of you family? hmmm?

BUZZ: Good point..I..errm..made up the whole thing, i am getting old you know, and i have always had an interest in Science fiction.

THEM: Good boy Buzz, here take this wad of cash, to show there are no hard feelings.

BUZZ: Gee, thanks. I feel a science fiction book coming on.

[edit on 26/3/2010 by spikey]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join