It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin says there are no Aliens!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
bah. Him saying there are no aliens is like me going in to a few caves and saying that underground bases don't exist.

I can't believe anyone listens to him anyway, alcoholics are not generally taken to be authorities on anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I would rather you took the time to read carefully the below statement.

EXECUTIVE ORDER EO 13515
Effective Date: December 29, 2009

Responsible Office: Office of Protective Services
Subject: Executive Order 13526 Classified National Security Information

This order prescribes a uniform system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying national security information, including information relating to defense against transnational terrorism. Our democratic principles require that the American people be informed of the activities of their Government. Also, our Nation?s progress depends on the free flow of information both within the Government and to the American people. Nevertheless, throughout our history, the national defense has required that certain information be maintained in confidence in order to protect our citizens, our democratic institutions, our homeland security, and our interactions with foreign nations. Protecting information critical to our Nation?s security and demonstrating our commitment to open Government through accurate and accountable application of classification standards and routine, secure, and effective declassification are equally important priorities. President, Barack Obama White House, December 29, 2009

What you have asked for comes into direct conflict as mentioned above.

- - -

EXECUTIVE ORDER EO 12968
Effective Date: August 02, 1995
Responsible Office: Office of Management Systems
Subject: ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

Sec. 1.2. Access to Classified Information.
(a) No employee shall be granted access to classified information unless that
employee has been determined to be eligible in accordance with this order and to possess a need-to-know.

(b) Agency heads shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective program to ensure that access to classified information by each employee is clearly consistent with the interests of the national security.

(c) Employee shall not be granted access to classified information unless they:

(1) have been determined to be eligible for access under section 3.1 of this order by agency heads or designated officials based upon a favorable adjudication of an appropriate investigation of the employee's background;

(2) have a demonstrated need-to-know; and

(3) have signed an approved nondisclosure agreement.

(d) All employee shall be subject to investigation by an appropriate government authority prior to being granted access to classified information and at any time during the period of access to ascertain whether they continue to meet the requirements for access.

Very interesting indeed,

So what we are saying then is if Buzz was to sign something like this and then say something that may breach his confidentiality constraints he could be in alot of trouble. Therefore, if he did inadvertently put a cat in amongst the pigeons there is a very high probability of him being chastised for it and therefore, he would have to make a complete uturn in order to appease those whom he answers to and indeed not breach confidentiality which could land him in alot of trouble.

Therefore, it is highly plausible to say because of the above if it did indeed swing that way that he is a LIAR and should not be trusted when he says that aliens don't exist.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
bah. Him saying there are no aliens is like me going in to a few caves and saying that underground bases don't exist.

I can't believe anyone listens to him anyway, alcoholics are not generally taken to be authorities on anything.

How about being only one of 12 humans from a planet of over 6 billion to have been to the moon. Does THAT count? I'd say that might get him into the "authority" club.

www.census.gov...

BTW, the alcoholic statement was vulgar.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That`s the backwards version of what my dad would tell me as a kid, whenever I had a brilliant idea like "Let`s go rent the new freddie krueger movie!" He`d say, "Let`s not, and say we did!" So, I have to ask, since we have so many peeps from aussie on this site, are you from the southern hemisphere? Because I`m from/in the northern. So I just thought I could sleep thinking the universe is a little more balanced out if this was true... :^)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I`m not able to watch the linked videos from my mobile device. What does he mean when he says "if you want to buy my book i might change my mind"?? Did he write a book talking about ufos or aliens or does he plan to? what science fiction book of his is he talking about? If I was an astronaut, I would probably write a sci-fi book. Use my name to sell some books. Unless he just makes so much already it doesnt matter and spending time to do that would actually COST money. But you could just come up with an outline and have another author co-write it for you. Anyway, whys he talkin about a book? I thought he was just "saying" some out-there things. Not writing books about it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think Buzz is dancing around the question when it comes to the existence of

aliens. Remember at 80 years old he still draws a NASA government retirement

check. ^Y^

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I don't think so really. Witnesses of UFOs/conspiracies are subject to a witch hunt if they have ever so much as ever look at a joint. Buzz is well known for his battle with alcohol so questioning his word (particularly when it changes so much) on the same basis is not that harsh.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

whats changed about his story?

as far as im aware he has never said we are being visited by ET. He's never said he's seen an alien spaceship. He's never said he's seen seen any aliens.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I have to agree with the above poster in stating that it is not exactly "vulgar." As a recovered alcoholic myself, I would be lying if I said that my past was not riddled with miss-statements and half truths. Being recovered does not erase the things you may have said and done due to your battle with the bottle in the past. There is also the well known fact of how much damage is done to the brain by alcohol and most of us recovered alcoholics are just not what they used to be in the brain department. I did not see it as an attack but as a valid assessment of someone who might have reason to have lied in the past or simply be mistaken in the present.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
This is a disinformation effort (a poor one) by TPTB. He's been told to lie about what he said (the truth) in the past.

Do you have any proof whatsoever that Aldrin is a disinformation agent. Any proof whatsoever that he is lying. Can you provide direct quotes from him, not speculation, rumor or interpretation, but the man's actual words that show he is contradicting what he is saying?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'd like to get good ol' Buzz in the same room with Edger Mitchell.

Now we get Stephen Bassett as moderator and Richard Dolan taking notes.

George Noory with the micraphone, and Jim Marrs on the pause button.

What A RIDE............

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Cybernet
This is a disinformation effort (a poor one) by TPTB. He's been told to lie about what he said (the truth) in the past.

Do you have any proof whatsoever that Aldrin is a disinformation agent. Any proof whatsoever that he is lying. Can you provide direct quotes from him, not speculation, rumor or interpretation, but the man's actual words that show he is contradicting what he is saying?

yups..... buzz IS a LIAR......

buzzzzzzz the BSer

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

your post shows how easy it is to fool the gullible ufo believers. Still no sign of any lies from buzz or changing of his story.

So when the people who peddle ufo crap have to edit videos and misrepresent what people say what does it tell us about their honesty? What does it tell us about the subject they deal in? Why do they have to lie to make a case?

the truth is out there!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by yeti101]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

but your post does...... its called..... pseudo-skepticism

so in brief......

translation:

something = series of ellipses = L shape = 99.99% man made = panel = star = venus

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Today on my way to work I was listening to WFAN 660am. Its a sports radio station in New York and the morning show is Boomer Esiaoson (sp?) and Craig Carton. Anyway, Buzz Aldrin was a guest on there today to promote Dancing With The Stars.

Craig asked him if Aliens have ever visited this Earth and he said 'No, everything I have said has been science fiction. It's not to be taken literally. Aliens have never visited Earth, and if we keep on harping on things that do noty exist we cannot move forward'

Not the exact words but something to that effect.

Basically, what he said is that all these crazy things he has been saying recently is just science fiction that he made up.

Oh that Buzz is an obvious government shill.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

oh my God...

HOLY MOTHER OF MOTHERS!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrinsic
Oh that Buzz is an obvious government shill.

No, you're the government shill!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

you just posted a clip where buzz relays the exact same story. You keep proving with each clips he's never changed it lol

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

you just posted a clip where buzz relays the exact same story. You keep proving with each clips he's never changed it lol

I have to agree that I see no evidence that Aldrin is changing his story. I do recall that I was quite unimpressed with his appearance on the Peter Jennings fiasco, but that was mostly because he seemed to be deliberately wasting time and gave a tedious presentation unsuited to the format.

And to the poster who thought it would be a good matchup to place him with George Noory, all I can reply is that Noory is a lousy interviewer who avoids asking any questions that challenge the most dubious of the claims made on his shows. For that reason, his show does much to discredit any serious efforts to study UFOs.

(Of course, only a "government shill" would make the above statements, right??? I have to add that to beat the obvious comeback to the punch.)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well my grandfather is friends with Buzz and Neil. Buzz is a known drunk and nothing coming out of his mouth can be believed. Neil on the other hand came to my base couple weeks ago and wouldn't take any UFO or Alien questions. However after everything was done and they were leaving I announced to him that I was the grandson of Col. Patton, and he was happy to shake my hand and tell me how great of a man my grandfather was. I asked him the question everyone wants to know and he told me that he expierienced a couple of crazy unexplainable events in space but would not elaborate on what they were exactly.
My grandfather helped to design the cockpit for the new F-22 Raptors, while in Area 51 he told me that he had recieved a briefing there initally that stated, we do have TS aircraft here other than the F-22 prototype and that a couple of them is of unknown origin. They were not claimed by any government and that a lot of our modern technology came from reverse engineering of these AC. My grandfather once brought upto me how fast computer technology has advanced in a few short years and how small the processors have become. I just thought this was all interesting and thought I'd post it.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Reign02]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join