It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity's Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity's $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rephaim

But it truly doesn't matter either way.

The man promotes war...which promotes the deaths of young Americans and innocents abroad.

No amount of money he raises will EVER will cover the costs of the value of life this man has supported.

NONE.

For this reason alone, I could never be President. I simply could not live with myself knowing that I held the fate of innocents.

I guess I'm not like other people on ATS. I don't only care for myself. I want what is best for all of us.

I want what is best for my kid....which quite frankly is my life blood. My child makes me want to fight for what is right....because what is best for her is most likely best for most of us.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh, so you will believe a blogger with no credibility. The numbers that the Freedom Alliance posted are all false? Really? I am very disappointed in this forum. I thought you all were looking for truth?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rephaim
reply to post by whaaa

Oh, so you will believe a blogger with no credibility. The numbers that the Freedom Alliance posted are all false? Really? I am very disappointed in this forum. I thought you all were looking for truth?

Oh, so you will believe the Freedom Alliance with no credibility? The numbers that the blogger posted are all false? Really? I am very disappointed in this forum. I thought you all were looking for truth?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rephaim

So we are just supposed to take their word for it yet the tax returns say different? Ok, sure.

Anyway, my Mom tried to get me to go to this thing last year. I told her I would do nothing to help promote Sean Hannity. Turns out I was on the spot with that one as it seems it's all about promoting him, his hate and his lies. Mom came home and was so excited that Ollie North was there and it took all of my self control to bite my tongue as to why she could celebrate a lying criminal like North.

I'll show this to her later and see what she says. It might be interesting. I love debating with her as she thinks those guys on Fox are Gods and can do or say no wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Easy enough to check for one's self:

Freedom Alliance 2006 tax returns

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If this is true then the blogger wasn't lying. Shame shame shame. Like the previous person said, anyone who thinks Hannity is up to any good needs a public health option to have their head examined.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's easy to believe any lie or fabrication as long as it supports your belief system.

The liberals will see this one as "true" from the point of view of a no-name blogger and no matter how much evidence Hannity has that says otherwise, as long as the lies and falsehoods support the liberal position, they'll be more than happy to believe...I've seen it over and over again. The truth often doesn't matter.

The same can be said for conservatives...as long as the lie suits their point of view they'll believe it and repeat it over and over again as though it were fact.

A strange world indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Oliver North was with my unit in Iraq during the invasion in 03.

I can remember the unit collecting garbage to burn so when North reported live, it would look like he was in a warzone with black smoke billowing behind him.

That was strike #1 against Fox News.

Keep in mind that I am a conservative, but I cannot stand Fox. Fox is like Sarah Palin, playing to an audience. She does it to get votes and money. Fox does it to get ratings and money. Ultimately that is all they care about, money.

If I want news, the best place to come to is ATS!

[edit on 19/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Easy enough to check for one's self:

Freedom Alliance 2006 tax returns

S-Dog: not to try and get into an argument, I like ya too much for that outside of the debate forum
, but that image/pdf is from the same bloggers site, is there an independent source for that return?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

S-Dog: not to try and get into an argument, I like ya too much for that outside of the debate forum
, but that image/pdf is from the same bloggers site, is there an independent source for that return?

Yes there is, and for more than one year:

www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
This is just more evidence that Fox News preys upon patriots and conservatives.

They play up the, "we are conservative!" and in reality they are not. Fox news doesn't give a crap about real conservatives or patriots.

All they care about is profit margins and advertising revenue.

oh no!!!!!! we all should become democrats right now!!!

lol

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Oliver North was with my unit in Iraq during the invasion in 03.
I can remember the unit collecting garbage to burn so when North reported live, it would look like he was in a warzone with black smoke billowing behind him. That was strike #1 against Fox News.

Thanks for sharing Mike. I used to be an avid watcher of Fox News....but it's recently become to much.

How can they repeatedly complain about spending when we are losing trillions on a war that is costing THOUSANDS of American lives...and countless innocents in Iraq/Afghanistan.

What is wrong with being anti-war/pro troops? Let's start saving lives for once!

Bring our kids home from a war that will never end and actually protect a country that was once proud!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If I can't believe Sean H. or Fox as they play fast and loose with the truth; how can I believe the freedom alliance? I think the term is "covering your ass"

[edit on 19-3-2010 by whaaa]

Wow. Well, facts only get in the way most of the time, right?

Better that everyone hears a lie and then believes what you believe because of it, than to come to your side because you're honest and truthful and can stand on the merits of your argument. Definitely easier, at least.

Funny, because that's the exact same argument I hear for condemning guys like Hannity. Lies and manipulation.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I'm still conservative, I just point out BS when I see it.

I used to like Fox News, until I saw some of their crap first hand. Hannity and Beck have made a career off of appealing to conservatives. I am not afraid to point out their crap when they fling it. The same goes for Rush and Sarah Palin. Those people are not real conservatives. They are parasites feeding off of good people.

Real conservatives put the country first, not political party or wealth.

[edit on 19/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Prior to this story, I don't think there is anyone I could despise more than Sean Hannity. Being a nuisance is one thing, take some of the other shills on FAUX, but IMO this man is more, he's downright dangerous.

I mean people look at this guy like he is some kind of a messiah. I have heard more than once that this guy is about to throw his hat into the political arena. That is a dangerous prospect.

If this is true I will do more than my share to spread the word about this. To see this guy fall would be a vindication to humanity. It would be nice to see one fall in our favor for once.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by soficrow
Here's a bit of what SHOULD be repeated:

"According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10,822,785 - but only $397,900 of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers."

Out of almost $11 million revenue, only $397,900 went to the intended beneficiaries !!!

Good point, but if the OP hadn't posted this story, you wouldn't have dug up the good info.

That's why I bumped the thread, BH.

Miss ya.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Despite my personal opinion that Fox News are fear for cash asshats ...

This one, lest we make a fallacious association, is on Mr. Hannity and not them.

There's a special kind of destiny for those who would exploit the plight of our veterans for personal gain whilst promoting that more of them be sent in harm's way ... karma meet Mr. Hannity, Mr. Hannity meet karma.

Oh and btw, for what it is worth Debbie Schlussel is a Republican, or at least ran as one, who holds some pretty interesting views herself. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In light of all this it is further depressing knowing how much of that money people donated to Haiti will probably just go to the CEO and "administrative expenses." It's no wonder we can't sort our problems out. If you want to be charitable just stick to a local or personal level, it's the best you will ever be able to do. If you try to donate to the international organizations you are looking at 80-90% of your money going to payroll. And it's not just that but it's almost difficult to waste money like that which really makes one wonder.

Habitat for humanity is a great example. Look at it intuitively or with common sense. Volunteer labor and donations go into building the house, then they SELL the house to a person who is hand-picked through a process more invasive than any bank could get away with. They build the house for no cost to themselves, then mortgage it to someone else.

If there was no corruption in Habitat for Humanity, such a system would have skyrocketed exponentially and there would be noone without home to stay in now... Only in reality they struggle to meet basic quotas and expectations.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looking at the tax returns and the Freedom Alliance rebuttal, there are two things that stand out to me:

What is the programs definition of Program Activities? Looks to me that a large part of their expenses in that category are nothing more than administrative costs.

Who the hell spends $1.7 milion on "postage and shipping"?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I'm still conservative, I just point out BS when I see it. I used to like Fox News, until I saw some of their crap first hand. Hannity and Beck have made a career off of appealing to conservatives. I am not afraid to point out their crap when they fling it. The same goes for Rush and Sarah Palin. Those people are not real conservatives. They are parasites feeding off of good people. Real conservatives put the country first, not political party or wealth.

I'm glad you do.

There are plenty of people posting on these threads that do not.

IMO...we need to protect the best interests of the people within our country. We have borders for a reason. We are not a world entity nor should we ever be. We should always be fighting for the citizens of our country...whether they are at home or abroad.

We...as a country...really need to take along look into the mirror and decide what we really want to be.

Do we want to stand for what is good for all of us or what is good for those who tell us what we SHOULD think?

I know most of the people in this country want what is best for everyone...no matter what they believe. If they believe in individual rights...they are still in reality believing what is right for the collective...and vice versa....because what they believe is right for all individuals IS STILL THE COLLECTIVE.

Doesn't anyone else see this?

Edit to add for P's and Q's:

Why can't I get anyone to reply to my posts tonight?

[edit on 19-3-2010 by David9176]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join