It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 yr old girl arrested for drawing on her desk!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Regarding the whole racism issue, I had a thought.

Let me first say that I think racism is called WAY too often, and I rarely, if ever, accept that as a main factor.

I have been thinking about this incident all night.

Was this the principal's first day on the job, fresh out of principal school?

What could have caused this reaction to this incident?
Was it the principal's first time dealing with this type of behavior, doodling on a desk?

Is there no graffitti anywhere in this school?
or
Was the principal having a bad day, and this just pushed the wrong button?
or
Is this the policy of the school?

I can't imagine this is the first incident of graffitti, so is there a history of this principal having students arreseted for this?

Is this just the first time it's been reported on?

Something just doesn't make sense here, imo.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Haha this is ridiculous. At first I was going to post saying that this was a BS story but it's being reported everywhere.

And it's not the first time that it's happened in the USA.
gothamist.com...

To those saying the principle etc should be jailed, isn't that a little ironic? The same attitude is what put young Lex in the watch house!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Punished for what? How would the mother effectively 'punish' a little girl for doodling on a desk?The public fool system should be abolished. Stop depending on a system that completely and repeatedly fails you and shows no compassion or remorse for the oppression and degradation of what it means to be human. Sad day.

Punished for writing on a desk SHE didn't pay for. The taxpayers paid for it. It may sound stupid to you, but little things like that help build a good all around person..."hey this desk isn't mine, maybe i shouldn't write on it. I wonder if my mom would be pissed if one of my friends wrote on her coffee table?"

How...are you serious. First apologize, Second grab your happy ass some cleaner and start scrubbing off the mess you made. And while your at it, clean all the other desks in the classroom....guess what, problem will not be repeated.

Funny, that public fool system does one thing well. It shows who wants to make something of themselves and who is lazy and won't do squat with their lives. That "fool" system produced many a successful person who now run the show, are the show, and invent the show. Those people did their part, had respect, and most of all didn't make excuses for their mistakes...some people need to follow that principle and stop blaming everything else. If they would spend the energy they do making up excuses, fighting for lawsuits, and blaming the wrong people, school would be a breeze.

Yeah they teach some useless stuff, but the way schools are run these days reflects the piss poor job done by parents and society in raising good young men and women. I graduated in 1994 and I do not recall school shootings on a weekly basis, I do not recall needing cops in my hallways, I do not recall students beating up teachers, I do not recall parents blaming the school and other BS on their kids idiocy, and mostly I do not recall us KIDS having a say in anything...we learned, grew, bonded, had fun, and enjoyed our youth. Oh and when we did get out of line..not only did the teacher have their say, their crack on your butt, their detention assignment, etc....you then had to go home after the parents were notified...and trust me, you WANTED to go back to school for another dose of what they gave you...rather then face mom & dad.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
People, this is what you asked for!!

Over the years you complained "No teacher has the right to hit my child!"

So teachers stopped paddling and made kids stay on detainment after school.

So then you parents went to the principal to complain how your child was innocent of any wrongdoing and they had no right to embarass your kid. And besides, it was inconvenient for him to have to miss the school bus home because that meant you had to leave work and come pick him up. You were serving part of kids punishment.

So finally, all of you parents took it to the school board. You threatened to sue teachers who disciplined your kids. You threatened to make the school pay for your lost wages at work for having to be inconvenienced.

Over the years it evolved into needing a third independent party to handle disciplinary actions in the school.

You didn't like it the ways things were. You followed the bandwagon that manipulated you into this progressive new solution.

Fact is, respect for the property of others should be a basic that is taught at home. Keep on griping about every solution the system is trying and you will find that eventually children will all be taken out of the home and raised in an institutional setting. The state does have the rights to do that, you know.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
IDIOCRACY !!
People are just flippin' idiots anymore.
Whatever happened to common sense ?
Where do these people come from ? Seriously ?
Weren't they raised in the same country we were ?
I just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

That is just whacked out! Are you kidding me?!? Arrested?!? Doodling on desk?!? 7th grade?!? COME ON!!! WTF is going on here?!? Surely there must be more to this story...I'm beginning to think we have slipped into another dimension...

If my principal was that harsh when I was in school, he'd probably want me in prison for life...or even executed...

[edit on 21/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
A very deep space separates the average kid from the principal in this school.

You Americans pushed the law so far, suing for a fence, a noise or because your coffee is too hot, that now that you're seeing bad consequences, you don't try to criticize the Justice Department and your so wonderful Constitution ( allowing guns btw ! ) . No, you talk about te principal going to jail ! come on, this is BS.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
When I was in school, students got the old fashioned paddle on the butt behind the blackboard. But now a teacher's authority has been stripped from disciplining the kids. And the parents don't discipline them; as a matter of fact they will justify whatever wrongdoing their little angel does.

Until parents take responsibility to discipline children and teach them that destroying or vandalizing property that does not belong to them is wrongdoing....I guess the school will have to use the only recourse it has now. And that means calling in a law enforcement officer. It is the proper protocol now.

I just have to ask...do these kids write on their walls at home? Where do they learn that this kind of behavior is OK?

We can never raise the intellect, integrity, or moral responsibility of the upcoming generation, if we forego discipline. By calling in law enforcement, the teacher is safer because she does not have to worry about personal backlash from the student or parents because now they will answer to an independent party. The teacher nor the school will suffer unjust liability for harsh physical punishment or unjust rules. Parents and students complained about the old fashioned ways of handling misbehavior. They have asked for this. Welcome to the new way!

Scribbling on a desk isnt really major misbehavor. Its minor. Its not the kind of thing most people overeact to. At home, we saw the white wall after it had been painted and grabbed our markers, and doodled beautiful incredible artwork as children. We were so proud we signed our names. No one spanked or disciplined us, we were talked to and treated with love.

THis principle would have been taken to court, and the judge would be charged with crimes against humanity if they upheld any dictorial police state as well.

This is obscene.

Wake up and stop the fascism enmasse.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The Machine in our heads

When confronted with the awesome power of civilization whose first representatives are parents, teachers, priests (and, later on, police officers, legislators and bosses) the child faces, psychologically, the same situation as its tribal ancestors, namely, conform to the dictates of civilization or die. The helplessness of childhood makes the threat of bodily harm or loss of love, which is used by the parents and others to enforce civilized morality and civilized education, a traumatic experience. The developing little person becomes afraid to express its own tribal nature. There is much fear that lies at the bottom of becoming a civilized adult.

We have internalized our masters, which is a well-known psychological response to trauma. When faced with overwhelming terror, the human mind splits, with part of itself modeling itself after the oppressor. This is an act of appeasement: "Look," the mind says in effect, "I am like you, so do not harm me."

These ego-alien identifications, built up over the course of a lifetime, cohere and form a distinct, circumscribed personality, or false self, that represents and enforces the rules and regulations of civilization. This false self is observable in the frozen facial expressions, stereotypic gestures, and unexamined behavioral patterns of the general public. This false self determines much of our everyday lives, so that we are seldom the origin of our actions. We lapse into the false self at the first sign of danger, under stress, or simply because it is the path of least resistance. In this unthinking mode of social role playing, we internally reproduce our own oppression.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Rediculous story. What kind of teacher looks thinks that the best solution is to call the police.. Why are the police even responding to this type of violation.. And why didn't the teacher simply have the student clean the desks after class.

World DEFINITELY ending at this rate.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

No because it's from Iran.
Second line.

No need to add the "Second line" as your post was on topic and therefore not a one line post.

Threads like these seem to be appearing more and more, the absolute stupidity of the logic behind the actions just leave be dumbfounded. Even if there is a so called No Tolerance agenda, what sort of complete idiot calls the cops on a 12 year old girl for doodling. Are the laws the problem, or the complete retarded people who follow them without as much as a thought?

the whole damn world is going insane.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Appears to be the result of a zero-tolerance policy in the school district. CNN wrote a great article about it.

I equate across the board zero-tolerance policies to politicians who are 'tough on crime'. You clog the justice system and make criminals out of everyone just so that you can appear to be against criminal activity and making everyone safe and happy. So long as voters support people who work harder and harder on punishment and do nothing for rehabilitation we'll keep getting these incidents.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
Rediculous story. What kind of teacher looks thinks that the best solution is to call the police.. Why are the police even responding to this type of violation.. And why didn't the teacher simply have the student clean the desks after class.

Some things don't just wipe off. It might have to be sanded and varnished. If the students breaks a chair on purpose, you think they should just have to glue it back together and forget about it? The teacher is probably held responsible for the equipment in her classroom. It is probably inventoried at beginning of school year. If it's damaged, teacher could be held responsible for destruction of her classroom materials and furniture.

Paper is for doodling.

Amazing that all of you take up for an ill behaved child.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just shows how pathetic society is becoming!

People get arrested for anything these days, this is just another stupid act to add to the list!

Makes me sad!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
How lucky am I? I usd to write my name nd doodle on School Desks all the time when I was at school. It was due to Boredom..

I would've recieved the death penalty I suppose, if I had of been caught in this day and age.

his is just Sutpid. 12 year olds being arrested for being Children, really. That's what it comes down too..

Oh well, what nest? A 5 year old get's booked and thrown in Jail for riding his Bicycle on the Footpath?

The Police are becomming a Joke in America and other parts of the world for being so ridiculus.

This is just another one of those Times I wish I could live in another world with NORMAL people and with people who have a bit of Common Sense..

It may not be long before 5 to 10 year olds start Street Gangs and start buying Guns and shooting up School Yards..

Ooops, My Bad. I think that's already Happening..??

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
well if she wrote some swear words or emo stuff,yea kids need to be taught a lesson from young age but arrested cmon...
but she wroted that she loves her friends,i mean thats just sweet.

really i understand that an ill behaved child should not be tolerated but she wrote that she LOVES,i mean cmon,make her clean the desk,but calling the police..i dont know.
i know kids are pretty rotten this days but..still
maybe there is some backstory?

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Stillalive]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NYC is just getting bloody ridiculous nowadays. I dunno what the school system is like now since i graduated 4 years ago, but I can tell ya how they were more concerned about security than the damn education itself. The metal detector scanning in this other high school i went to for my 9th year took up an entire 1st period and would spill over into 2nd.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Whhaaaatt....

she was Hispanic....

Yes I do believe that the principle did this because her last name was Gonzales.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
I could not believe what I was reading when I saw this article out of PressTV.

12-year-old American arrested for doodling on desk

"Alexa Gonzales, a seventh grader at the Junior High School in Forest Hills, had written the words "I love my friends Abby and Faith. Lex was here 2/1/10
" on the classroom desk with a green marker when the school principal decided to have her arrested by the New York Police. "

I swear we must have been pushed into an alternative universe by someone if this is happening in America. It is not only highly disturbing but almost doesn't even surprise me anymore. I see articles and reports of things like this at least once or twice a week now and like it states in the article, children are getting arrested at younger and younger ages now at days. I myself went through many different situations of teachers and principals taking things wayyyy out of proportion and calling the "authorities" I hope people will find out the name and number of the principal and the local police chiefs number to give um a piece of your mind!!!

[edit on 20-2-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

I teach in a school where kids can fight, really hurt each other, talk back to teachers, and nothing happens!! Go figure. I guess it depends on the Principal.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I remember every single Exam i sat at school was always on some desks they clearly kept stored away just for Exams... and they were always covered completely in grafitti - some of it older than me.

I really used to hate it, especially when some of it was carved into the table so when you were writing your pen would burst through the paper you were writing on.

Super Irritating. Hate Grafitti on desks, no place for it when its a desk everyone else has to use!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join