It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 yr old girl arrested for drawing on her desk!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So mom is saying it was a racist move by the school/cops....gee way to raise your kid right...instead lets lie and be a complete ahole and hope we can make EASY money from being complete douchbags.

Mom can complain about the schools actions, but she better be lookin her "angel" in the eyes asking wtf she decided to scribble on something that she shouldn't have....oh no wait...that would be logical...and we all know the "MY KID WOULD NEVER" bs...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Makes me sick, it wasn't like she was drawing a swastika on the desk ffs. The principal who made the decision and the cop who arrested her should be handcuffed and thrown in jail.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am in awe.
And a bit scared.

I have a four year old boy, and he's already a handful.

I was a handful when I was young, and, when I was older, my Mom occasionally would tell me she hoped I'd have a kid just like me.

Well, her curse has come true.

I don't think she'd have put that on me had she known what the rest of the world would be like.

I think I need some info on home schooling here in Wisconsin.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here's another story you might be interested in: www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yikes! I had no idea how close I came to a criminal record! In high school I translated Hobbit runs from the front of "The Hobbit" and taught it to my friend who happened to sit in the same desk in a different period as me. So of course, we wrote notes back and forth to each other in Hobbit (in pencil) on the desk. I never understand why the teacher was upset (esp. as she allowed her students to tease and malign other students in her class mercilessly).

Can we please stop criminalizing normal human behavior? When you criminalize things that are not crimes, you still make real criminals. Plus it just clogs up the legal system which should be used for actual (w/ victims and all) crimes. Seriously, how much money and manpower was wasted in bringing this dangerous individual to justice? A simple punishment as others described would have been far more reasonable and effective in changing the behavior.

Sincerely,
The desk terrorist

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I was in school, students got the old fashioned paddle on the butt behind the blackboard. But now a teacher's authority has been stripped from disciplining the kids. And the parents don't discipline them; as a matter of fact they will justify whatever wrongdoing their little angel does.

Until parents take responsibility to discipline children and teach them that destroying or vandalizing property that does not belong to them is wrongdoing....I guess the school will have to use the only recourse it has now. And that means calling in a law enforcement officer. It is the proper protocol now.

I just have to ask...do these kids write on their walls at home? Where do they learn that this kind of behavior is OK?

We can never raise the intellect, integrity, or moral responsibility of the upcoming generation, if we forego discipline. By calling in law enforcement, the teacher is safer because she does not have to worry about personal backlash from the student or parents because now they will answer to an independent party. The teacher nor the school will suffer unjust liability for harsh physical punishment or unjust rules. Parents and students complained about the old fashioned ways of handling misbehavior. They have asked for this. Welcome to the new way!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
what an incredible waste of resources, the school officials responsible should be arrested for wasting resources and the dumb ass police who went along with it should be arrested for wasting resources and they should all be arrested for child endangerment and aggravated mental assault

good god if we went to jail for things like that in my day, id have a record that stretches from coast to coast by now

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Its official, my kid (if i ever have one) will never be be going to public school! I just read another thead recently where they took the little girl to the mental institution. The only good thing about school for the kids is the social part!! Something is seriously wrong with the system.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Don't those pigs have anything better to do besides arrest children? Honestly.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I totally agree...I will be homeschooling my children (If i have any) if it is not illegal by then

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Im with RCWJ on this. Arrest is way too much, but punishment is absolutely needed!

And I bet she wont every vandalize property that does not belong to her, ever again.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
Unbelievable! When I was a kid, some student was doodling on his desk in pencil. (Probably in the 60's) The teacher told him to erase it. A few minutes later he was at it again, so she got some kind of cleanser from the janitor's closet, some paper towels, and made the kid scrub every desk top in the class during recess. That was the end of his artwork. Amazingly, no Nazi control techniques were required.

The sad part is, kids are inexperienced and naive, and easily influenced. I'm old enough to remember the Cold War. We heard storied of the Communist/Totalitarian oppression. We had a teacher read some kind of document to the class that was supposed to be from some Communist leader. It said they wouldn't have to invade America; the conversion would take place from within. My young, but already skeptical brain thought this might be American propaganda. Now, I'm not so sure.

It's a question of discipline, some parents can't discipline the children of today and to be honest its the parents fault for not giving consequences for certain actions.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is sick. Can someone find the email address to this school and district? Never been mad enough to contact before.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I agree its stupid to involve racism and parents need to do better but are u saying the school was right?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
This is sick. Can someone find the email address to this school and district? Never been mad enough to contact before.

I found this here
www.localschooldirectory.com...

Junior High School 190 Russell Sage
68-17 Austin Street
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Phone: (718) 830-4970

schools.nyc.gov...

They have a email contact form

[edit on 2/20/2010 by fixer1967]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

ok thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by walsbg22

I did a net search for Junior High School in Forest Hills in New York and that is what I got. You are welcome

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
sickening. i remember drawing much worse things on the chairs and desk, even got in trouble a few times and all i got was an extra hour after school in detention and a parent meeting. time really has changed, and it's getting really uncomfortable.

it's either a result of people getting lazy and letting other depts. do their work while they munch on a fatty meal and have a smoke, or more worse things to come.

):

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22

I agree its stupid to involve racism and parents need to do better but are u saying the school was right?

You must of missed my first post. No, there was NO need for cops and I have no idea why the school went that route. As for mom crying racism, that pisses me off more than calling the cops. As i said in my first post, the kid needs to be punished by her mom, not have excuses made, and the school needs to make her clean desks for a week as punishment, not have her arrested....IMO of course...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Punished for what? How would the mother effectively 'punish' a little girl for doodling on a desk?The public fool system should be abolished. Stop depending on a system that completely and repeatedly fails you and shows no compassion or remorse for the oppression and degradation of what it means to be human. Sad day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join