It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 yr old girl arrested for drawing on her desk!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What happened to the days where if you were caught writing on a desk you had to spend time after school washing all the desks?
I mean, getting arrested for writing on a desk? Sure, technically it could be considered vandalism, but it was a friggin' child with no intentions to destroy school property.
Make her stay after class and clean down all of the desks in the classroom - I highly doubt after an hour or two of scrubbing she'll ever want to write on a desk again.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
if this is now grounds for arrest, i should be spending life behind bars for the prolific doodlling any desk i sat behind took. i even distinctly remember drawing a picture OF my desk with another drawing of a desk on it on my 4th grade desk directly next to my teacher's.

columbine really 'killed' all the fun left in school, huh?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes, there's a good reason why more and more parents have chosen to tell the State/Government to go to hell and educate their children on their own.

This situation only reinforces those responsible decisions made by those parents who couldn't take any more.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Some things don't just wipe off. It might have to be sanded and varnished. If the students breaks a chair on purpose, you think they should just have to glue it back together and forget about it? The teacher is probably held responsible for the equipment in her classroom. It is probably inventoried at beginning of school year. If it's damaged, teacher could be held responsible for destruction of her classroom materials and furniture.

Paper is for doodling.

Amazing that all of you take up for an ill behaved child.

Pfft you stick up for the teacher? What a joker

Talk to the child's parents about buying a new desk, destruction of property etc.

Glue a chair back together? That's not a desk now is it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join