It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tension in Falklands rises as rig arrives and Argentina seeks help

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow since when did all sense of reality leave a thread?

We are not waging war on Argentina, we are not 'occupying' or 'colonising' anywhere.

The people on the falkands are HAPPY being British.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

HERE HERE!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Wow since when did all sense of reality leave a thread?

We are not waging war on Argentina, we are not 'occupying' or 'colonising' anywhere.

The people on the falkands are HAPPY being British.

Oh believe me I have been trying to keep sanity here all evening, but just as I think normality hs returned then, bang! up pops another one!

I hope it does not come to that, and I am sure it won't. There is too much "business" now at stake to allow it to be decided on a coin toss like that. instead TPTB will find another route, I am sure.

As the above post states if the people of the Falklands are happy to be British then that is the end of it. British they shall remain. But you should know that people get "excited" at the prospect as our boys going into action......again! .....still! until the point is gets boring. in short its just novelty. Personally I just hope rationality and international trade agreements win through without having to spend the profits on the likes of BAE systems, Haliburton, Lee Enfield, or any other arm manufacturer.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let them build the rig. Then the Argentinians should just blow it up. The Brits need to go home to Europe and get out of the southern hemisphere.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

OK so by your understanding any northern hemispere country can have NO dealings with any country in the Southern

That being the case and (wild guess) 95% of international commerce happening "up north" those southerners are screwed!!

We have the same north soutn issue in the UK too, so did the yanks too at one point I believe, but it all got sorted out in the end!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmm that's strange I just read the argentine news and it said nothing about rallying support from other American nations. I'm starting to think this might be British propaganda

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Look... Argentina can just piss off right now....

Have any of you who are against us in the UK " owning " those islands even looked into the history of them?

We took the islands off spain ( who took them from France ) .. Argentina tried to take them in 1982.... and failed. The only claim they have is " theyre close to us " ... if we used that claim then France, Germany, etc would be part of the UK....

They wont try to take it again, and if they did ( crazy talk here ) , wed put them back in their place.

The people whove been living on those islands for generations dont want to sign up to become part of a 3rd world nation, its not an occupation........ also note Argentina wasnt interested in the Islands ( other than their stupid dictatorship, military junta that failed to take them off us ) until we spotted the possibility of oil and gas resources.......

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Israelis settling on illegally seized Palestinian lands are also happy to be Israeli and wish to remain so.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well with whatever happens hopefully everything shifts to South America. I'm really tired of the no drinking, endless dirt, primitive people of Iraq and Afghanistan, so hell ya, lets head to endless rum, women and cigars….

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well if you Argies think we should leave the Falkies and give it back to a country that never owned it in the first place then you can think again. It is ours forever so If you want it come try and get it back. Even your soldiers in the last war couldnt hack it as most of them surrendered.
What makes you think they have got the balls this time.

Also if you who think we are having trouble in iraq and afghan now make me crease because that is just a small part of our armed forces commited to that area of the world, its the lame as IEDs that cause 99% of casualties.
Who do you think trained the Muhaji cells in middle east? it was USA and UK to fight Russians by proxy, So you could say they got the training from the best in the world at the time so i would expect a hard fight
. The British had ideas of terrorist cells long before Al qaeda did, it was a secret plan of churchills for english cells to be hidden around the country in underground bunkers if ever the Nazis got across the water.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
reply to post by thecrow001

You live in mainland England, how in the hell does anything to do with the Malvinas concern you? Your installed settlers are as illegal as the installed Khazars who call themselves Zionists in Palestine. The funny thing is the UK is responsible for both illegal settlements.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TSawyer]

Oh, the irony! Installed settlers in Argentina are calling for the installed settlers of the Flaklands to go home!

The islands belong to the UK. End of. We offered the Argies a deal (much to the chargrin of many here in the UK) and it was rejected outright. So, with that in mind, you can go swing.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

So, by your logic, those people who colonised Latin America in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries (ie: Argentina et al) should also pack up and go home?

If not, then why should the Falkland Islanders who have been there for 200+ years too?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Oh, the irony! Installed settlers in Argentina are calling for the installed settlers of the Flaklands to go home!

The islands belong to the UK. End of. We offered the Argies a deal (much to the chargrin of many here in the UK) and it was rejected outright. So, with that in mind, you can go swing.

Lol, you are right...look who is calling the kettle black... with only 3% of their population made up of the indigenous Amerindian I think name calling "settlers" is the last thing they should do.

Ethnic groups:
white (mostly Spanish and Italian) 97%, mestizo (mixed white and Amerindian ancestry), Amerindian, or other non-white groups 3%

Religions:
nominally Roman Catholic 92% (less than 20% practicing), Protestant 2%, Jewish 2%, other 4%

Languages:
Spanish (official), Italian, English, German, French

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Yes you people trained fine educated soldiers, now they are uneducated terrorist lol

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

How am I bigoted for being straightforward?

I personally have nothing against Venezuela or any other nation that might aid Argentina. I'm not advocating war with anyone.

I'm just laying it all out there without the sugarcoating and sprinkles. Some may interpret that as me being belligerent. I'm not being belligerent. I'm being a realist.

We are not going to waste a good crisis.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Chavez has been ranting and raving again, but he also faces massive political chaos at home-so, he'll do anything to distract his people. Brazil, a rapid emerging economy, will not risk its new found place in the international community (Brazil wants a place on the UN Security Council-needs British support)

Colombia has military links with the UK, our special forces help combat the drug cartel. As for the UN, those unelected bureaucrats do not recognise the rights and wishes of the Falklands population, plus we have a veto, so the UN can literally do nothing. France also has disputes with their remaining colonies, the French and the rest of the European Union will support us.

Also, briefly going to back to Venezuela; the United States drew up a draft plan in 2004 for a possible war and removal of Chavez. Plus, South America is relying on the United States to implement the $100 billion climate fund-which will benefit South America.

So, what's more important to them: War with Britain or $100 billion?

[edit on 20-2-2010 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Also, review the military of Latin America-especially Venezuela;

Majority of their arms and vehicles come from the European Union. How would they cope with an arms embargo? China and Russia aims sale are rather limited compared to Europe and the United States.

As the Argentinian government said, today, the blockade was aimed at sovereignty talks (which Britain always refuses) and if these talks did not occur (which is 100% likely) then there is nothing Argentina can do.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't see why the U.S. would need to get involved.

The Brit's have the Royal Marines, SBS, Paras and the "Boys from Hereford".

Some of the most proffesional soldiers to ever walk the planet.

'sides... Texas has your back! ; )

Cheers to my cousins across the pond!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Also review Pirates of England lol you still sendindg convicts to fight the wars? not even Australia wanted to remind under the crown. You people have been invading and killing for a long time, you COMMONS dont mean nothing to the crown.....dont talk about a reall man like Chavez you Elton John

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Have you been popping pills again?
The fact you refer to the United Kingdom, as just England, highlights your low education and nonchalant attitude towards history.

I'd be surprised if you new anything about Chavez as well. Economic, social or even his education policy? No? Oh yes, you get your opinions from infowars.com

Explains a lot.

Also, under the Constitutional Acts of the United Kingdom (especially the Act of Union) we are not "COMMONS" (I think you mean subjects, again, your poor English is evident for all to see) but classified as "Citizens". Foreign residents and those from colonies are subjects.

*clicks ignore*

[edit on 20-2-2010 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join