It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tension in Falklands rises as rig arrives and Argentina seeks help

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
reply to post by muse7

Some thought - guess you wernt there - I had pals die out there - so one royal marine finger up your nose

Its ours and we keep it - If you want to mess with us then tell the argies to try
Belgrano - 0 Royal Navy -1

In the words of the terraces - come over here if you think your hard enough

Its like rugby - we play American football but don't need pads

it's all the rounds of bulldog we play as children. Teaches you to take a kicking and keep going!

I had a mate out there in the Para, but I guess you boys and his boys didn't go out drinking together after the Union flag was hoisted again! hehehehe

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Look nothing was found yet thats the problem i repeat THE CROWN DID NOT FIND ENY OIL YET! Brazil is one of them finding oil down there and they are advanced and argentina drilled in Tierra Del Fuego and other places, I hope both countreis can share it, that is what we have to learn. And no i wouldnt want war but you can take your advanced weaponry to Irak and Afghanistan you still need there against rocks lol

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

The"right" to do something. Who makes up the rules? I think the guy with the biggest gun does and at the end of the day no amount of crying will change that. The strong survive the weak fall. It sucks but it is the way of life. And I notice it is usually the weak complaining about that.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster

Look nothing was found yet thats the problem i repeat THE CROWN DID NOT FIND ENY OIL YET! Brazil is one of them finding oil down there and they are advanced and argentina drilled in Tierra Del Fuego and other places, I hope both countreis can share it, that is what we have to learn. And no i wouldnt want war but you can take your advanced weaponry to Irak and Afghanistan you still need there against rocks lol

And that is exactly what I was stating. The offer was made to share the rights and proceeds!.. think about that for a second

The offer was rejected by Argentina... becuase "it's ours anyway"

Now we are in the situation we are in now.

UK wants to share. no one wants a fight if it can be avoided, but personally I thing that the FAILING Argentine government (current rating was lower than Obama! ooooh contravesial!) does not seem in the frame of mind to be internationaly responsible or accounable. and are the ones issueing the rhetoric that is getting everyone worked up.

All the people are saying here is that if and that is a HUGE IF, it comes to it. The UK will not back down, and will make a fight of it. but I hope it does not. Trade is better, but even the east india company had its own army.

Forget Afghanistan and Iraq, that is just master worship on behalf of our weak government (yah we have them too) but soveriegn land is soveriegn land, and any attack has been stated, not by me, that any attack on the falklands or any other crown territory shall be met as if it were an attack on the British Isles themselves.

So the choice Gloster, War or Trade, the UK has chosen and exntended trade, it was rejected, whats left, we still want trade, what does Argentina want??

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
id like to point out a couple of facts, (dont have sources tho, saw on tv few years ago)
last falklands war, the usa did in fact offer us anything we needed, upto and including a carrier group, however, the chiefs in the uk just asked for the latest gen sidewinder at the time, model j i think, that could be launched at an approaching target ( was new back then).
so, the usa did actually lend us help. and offered far mroe then we took :p
like i said, saw on tv years ago about the war, but probably is a source somewhere online for it

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

That right and thats how they think, thats why they dont want others with big guns right? no just kill people with little guns... and take away there belongings

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well this Falkland oil field thing may not be good.
I just wonder though, are you bigoted?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
look people

its simple we found it - our people have BRITISH passports - you mess we deliver "shock and awe" - remember that?

Vulcan 97 did it before

get the message ?

and yes 22 did celebrate - as they do

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

I think you mates also needed something to combat that French missile, Exocet.
I thought we provided a Gatling gun of sorts.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Trade ofcourse! but greed is in the way! like i said in other post Argentinian goverment are very corrupt and i know that just like the islanders, Argentinien would like to chose to be english too. I would recomend your goverment to pay little to the President of Argentina, she will bring the island to you if you want it. I hope they share so Argentina can learn how to be organized for once.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Subjective Truth

That right and thats how they think, thats why they dont want others with big guns right? no just kill people with little guns... and take away there belongings

And believe you me Gloster, Do not think for a second that the US agenda does not include the UK. (not just Latin America) they have done it to us many times before.

In fact I would say, just going off topic for one line, that the UK has lost more at the hands of the USA doctorine and policy, than ALL of Latin America or the middle east / south east asia combined.

So you see, we're sort of attached to the little we have left. the combined total of which in square miles is less then the total holdings of Denmark. So why are you guys (Argies) so worked up about 3 islands that you never had dominion over in any real sense in the first place?

Now that I would like an answer to. what is argentinas claim to the these islands, and you never know, maybe someday an agreement can be reached just like with Hong Kong and the Chinese. but they would have to wait 99 years for that to come about. by which time you, me and everyone else here will be dead. and it will be up to our great grand children to worry about. so why not just enjoy the spoils (without the war) now??

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Trade ofcourse! but greed is in the way! like i said in other post Argentinian goverment are very corrupt and i know that just like the islanders, Argentinien would like to chose to be english too. I would recomend your goverment to pay little to the President of Argentina, she will bring the island to you if you want it. I hope they share so Argentina can learn how to be organized for once.

I actually laughed out loud at that one, as it is so true of my experience in dealing with anything in Latin America. And I am not being bigoted, I speak from personal experience. and from dealing with Argentine business.

You may be on to something, placation may be the way. But that's why I don't understand why the dual drilling rights were rejected. Maybe you are right in the the UK government should "buy" the rights from argentina, and then everyone can go home and enjoy the war that is the world cup, and just save the fighting for the terrances.

You see people, ATS members should form the NWO world government and then the world would finally have peace!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is what i think, i think the goverment of argentina want all the oil and think the British has lost their touch on war, but if you look at the two "wars" we are in now iraq and afgan you will see it is not going well with the public.
but if argentina atacks the Falklands we would crush them.

the wars in iraq and afgan are not going well because we dont want them too end soon, if Britain wanted to sort Iraq and afgan out quick it wouldnt take long.

we are running at about 30 percent.

I would sign up, if they attack the falklands as its a part on Britian.

argentina should take a deal and stop crying.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
This is what i think, i think the goverment of argentina want all the oil and think the British has lost their touch on war, but if you look at the two "wars" we are in now iraq and afgan you will see it is not going well with the public.
but if argentina atacks the Falklands if would crush them.

the wars in iraq and afgan are not going well because we dont want them too end soon, if Britain wanted to sort Iraq and afgan out quick it wouldnt take long.

we are running at about 30 percent.

I would sign up, if they attack the falklands as its a part on Britian.

argentina should take a deal and stop crying.

very funny you should say this as the situatio that led to the attack in the first place is the the military junta though at the time that the UK forces were depleted and not commited. Strange how it seems that the same train of thought seems to be rising again, in that I have heard in several independant places that the argentine government believes that the British forces are too commited in Afghanistan to worry about the Falklands.

Strange that!

maybe it's a conspiracy!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I hope they dont make the mistake again but if they did i'd sign up to protect the people of Britain.

I think many people who still care about Britain would too.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I commend you in that. A career in the military is a good things. Many of my peers went into the Army, and even the biggest arses within then came out "normal"

The only thing is that you must be prepared to fight should the need arise. And the chances of you being deployed to the Falklands if you joined after any contact would be slim. As the training would in my opinion take longer than the conflict.

So with at least 3 years to serve you would most likely either end up in Afghanistan. Or on barrack duty in Germany or Ireland. Which is no bad thing!! hehehe

Had I joined the army when I wanted to eyesight NOT permitting) the I would have been on my second tour of afghanistan now, (with my regiment of choice) But as it is, here I am.

But should anyone every wnat to join to protect the crown. I would shake their hand, and wish them luck! and tell them to buy their personal kit on the internet!!! hehehehe

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've applied, i cant join due to strict rules of health, however i was talking more off if needed i would be the first to join in a war where it was people to be drafted later on.
A proper war.

So i protect my country in the country i love.
we should try to spread abit of British Pride.

People seem to not show it anymore.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Its not only people of britain you should care about, you must have learn that those people in charge dont care about you, but yet you would run killing others thinking you protecting, if you want to be a hero go help yourself helping others

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I agree with you entirely. Sod the BNP, the jack flag is ours. Hope you'll be wearing your rose on the 23rd April.

Born english and proud to be so, and any one who does not like it can take a long walk of brighton pier!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Don;t worry we are well aware of that. But he strange thing is that althought eh arses in charge are the ones who tell you where to fight. You swear allegance to the crown!

its a strange situation. but whe it comes to it you're not fighting for the politics. Your fighting for your life and for your mates. But ask yourself one question. if your homeland was attacked, would you fight back?

Although one Caveat is that this is an extremely EASY question to answer sat in the confort of your home. not such an easy question to answer where it to suddenly be a reality. so be careful in how you answer, should you choose to!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join