It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Martyr of the 2nd American Revolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

I agree that violence that may claim innocent lives should NOT be condoned. However, if you think that voting will change anything in the US except who gets face time on tv you are sorely mistaken my friend. They offer us 2 flavors of the same you-know-what and call it choice when both parties carry out different ends of the same agenda. I suppose the English equivalent would be to put a Duke and an Earl on the ticket as choices. Either way you still elect royalty.
When the elections don't go the way they want they STEAL them. Research what happened in the 2000 and 04 presidential elections. There is a literal MOUNTAIN of evidence saying that votes were stolen, changed, thwarted, whatever. Greg Palast's book, best Democracy money can buy lays it out pretty well.
To get any real change in the US we need a viable third party that hasn;'t been bought out by every bank and corporation on the block.
Local elections are pretty much on the up and up (except Chicago and a few other major cities) and yes, we can initiate change on the local level but that's small potatoes compared to trillion dollar bailouts and wars that go on forever. That is why the American people do not get what they want but the corporations do. It is rule by proxy and yes, we need a revolution to end it. No amount of voting or protesting will ever change it.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In an insane society, cover-ups and scapegoats are commonplace. Mass media and government censorship protecting a life-denying existence controls people to the point of numbness. When someone with a higher vision of what human life could be lashes out, committing an 'unthinkable' act, people are shocked. Every so often, a dissident will communicate his or her message to the world. This is, unfortunately, best achieved through extreme actions. The majority will choose the cop-out causes presented by the media, such as violent video games and insanity, to avoid being pulled out of their "comfortable" lifestyles, because usually the dissident's message will hit home, hard. But for those people dissatisfied with modernity and possess minds capable of higher things than 'Seinfeld' or 'Jerry Springer', the person's intent can be realised.

Looking at the evidencs provided so far, IMHO, This doesn't qualify.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I did not call anyone a "wackjob" I said that people cheering this man's decision to fly his plane into a building full of people are disturbing and wrong when there are peaceful means to change the United States.

That is the great difference between you "patriots" and your founding fathers. The people that created the United States of America had no other choice but war with Great Britain. You that advocate violence are not anywhere near their moral equal. They were great men of vision and courage, and they did not go rushing to take lives.

What happened today was terrible, and should not be applauded in any way. What Andrew Stack did was terrorism, in a country with no need for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
reply to post by gwydionblack

I've always thought you were out of your mind, but if this man did this willfully, he is a suicide bomber. Innocent people may still be dead in that building. You live in a democratic country and you are advocating terrorism over voting?

You can vote, you can change your system peacefully and without fear. Do you have any idea how wonderful and amazing that freedom is? You can have a revolution again and again without violence simply by voting.

Instead you are saying you are happy about a violent and disgusting terrorist attack! That is not even the easy way out it is just disgusting and evil. Get help.

It is governments who oppress people not the other way around. The Federal Government in the United States of America is no longer doing the will of the electorate and instead prostrates itself before the altars of greed and money and shiny baubles. They are sallow men who toil not for good ends but for their own personal enrichment...on our backs and with the blood of our children.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I agree that violence that may claim innocent lives should NOT be condoned. However, if you think that voting will change anything in the US except who gets face time on tv you are sorely mistaken my friend. They offer us 2 flavors of the same you-know-what and call it choice when both parties carry out different ends of the same agenda. I suppose the English equivalent would be to put a Duke and an Earl on the ticket as choices. Either way you still elect royalty.
When the elections don't go the way they want they STEAL them. Research what happened in the 2000 and 04 presidential elections. There is a literal MOUNTAIN of evidence saying that votes were stolen, changed, thwarted, whatever. Greg Palast's book, best Democracy money can buy lays it out pretty well.
To get any real change in the US we need a viable third party that hasn;'t been bought out by every bank and corporation on the block.
Local elections are pretty much on the up and up (except Chicago and a few other major cities) and yes, we can initiate change on the local level but that's small potatoes compared to trillion dollar bailouts and wars that go on forever. That is why the American people do not get what they want but the corporations do. It is rule by proxy and yes, we need a revolution to end it. No amount of voting or protesting will ever change it.

You "forgot" to add the voting fraud of our last election, by ACORN.
As well as the voter intimidation from the black panthers.
However, after reading this souls seven page complaint. I am afraid I see where this is leading.
It is truly an obamanation!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

countrymen he killed innocent people and put others at risk and your badging him as some kind of freedom fighter? He is a coward and his actions clearly prove it. the irs and other civil government agencys have workers that are also trying to make ends meet in this bad bad economy. my uncle is the nicest guy out there he works at the irs and he certainly loves his country.
Your hoping for something that will never come to fruition and why would anyone revolt because some nut job crashed his plane potentially killing innocent civillians.
i dunno man ????
Be Well

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I am aware how wonderful those freedoms would be if they were actually true. I've said before on countless posts, peaceful change is old had and has proven useless. Nobody listens. Nobody cares. You can "peace" your way to the grave as slaves.

Voting is a joke. Freedom here is a joke. You need to wake up to the reality of what freedoms we really have. Our lives are regulated to a T. We are survailed like prisoners in a cage. We are forced to pay our incomes to 'Big Brother' as if we were prostitutes of the Grand Pimp.

If this guy wanted to kill a bunch of people, he could have chosen another target. He wanted attention. He got it. He deserves it. His mission will be a success.

As I always say, if it takes violence for government to listen - then so be it. We will continue to speak loud and clear.

If Joseph Stack was insane then so be it. I share his sentiments. However, I see myself of more value alive at this point then to be dead. He was past that point. He served the purpose he saw himself most useful for. I think he will have proven his worth before this all ends.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Then vote the bums out! Do what your founding fathers gave you the power to do. Mobilize the people! If the people do not want your alternative, well that does not in any way shape or form give you any right to commit violent acts against your fellow citizen because you disagree with them.

If you are in the minority, and cannot convince people to change their minds, you can't just kill them!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Then vote the bums out! Do what your founding fathers gave you the power to do. Mobilize the people! If the people do not want your alternative, well that does not in any way shape or form give you any right to commit violent acts against your fellow citizen because you disagree with them.

If you are in the minority, and cannot convince people to change their minds, you can't just kill them!

You cannot vote the IRS out of office. No one will get elected on the crazy, loony platform of IRS abolitionism but every single one promises "tax reform".

The IRS has it's own enforcement arm and its own court system. It is an out of control entity that can imprison you or kill you for your supposed "debt" to the federal government.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lephermessiah
I think it may be a false flag, one that our government could use to target anti-tax protesters.

Well they are dreaming. Its not going to be like the bull that went on in the 70s.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Project Jimmy
I humbly apologize, you stated that gwydionblack, from page one, was “out of his mind,” Not a wack job.
He only gave his opinion.
However, and I quote you,” That is the great difference between you "patriots" and your founding fathers. The people that created the United States of America had no other choice but war with Great Britain. You that advocate violence are not anywhere near their moral equal.”
I have never said that I advocate violence.
I do agree with you, what happened today was terrible.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Great photo of building ( New )

twitpic.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I pray that your uncle is ok.
Have you heard from him?
I understand that one person is missing.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
You cannot vote the IRS out of office. No one will get elected on the crazy, loony platform of IRS abolitionism but every single one promises "tax reform".

The IRS has it's own enforcement arm and its own court system. It is an out of control entity that can imprison you or kill you for your supposed "debt" to the federal government.

Alright, right there, first and second line of your post. I quote it again "No one will get elected on the crazy, loony platform of IRS abolitionism..."

Who elects officials? The people do! If the people do not want the IRS abolished that is their choice and they vote accordingly.

So the people of the United States do not vote in the way you think they should, what right does that give you to kill anyone?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Moral equal? No.

But at the very least I can follow their ideologies and their actions. The Founding Fathers are my collective heroes and I do nothing that they have not already done.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That is the great difference between you "patriots" and your founding fathers. The people that created the United States of America had no other choice but war with Great Britain. You that advocate violence are not anywhere near their moral equal. They were great men of vision and courage, and they did not go rushing to take lives.

I hear you about lives.

But as far as the american revolution people burnt each others homes down all over New England. Tar and feathering. All sorts of ill manered stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Project Jimmy
I humbly apologize, you stated that gwydionblack, from page one, was “out of his mind,” Not a wack job.
He only gave his opinion.
However, and I quote you,” That is the great difference between you "patriots" and your founding fathers. The people that created the United States of America had no other choice but war with Great Britain. You that advocate violence are not anywhere near their moral equal.”
I have never said that I advocate violence.
I do agree with you, what happened today was terrible.

I absolutely understand, and when I said what I said, with "patriots" in quotes like that, I was doing so in an ironic way. I don't believe that those who would advocate violence when there is a better solution are patriots. However I do understand that violence is sometimes needed as a means of last resort. It is regrettable but very true.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We fall for the "tax reform" lie every time. No elected official seeks office with the honest intention of dismantling the mechanism by which they feed off the populace. They may say such to trick people into voting them into office, but it is a lie.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
These damage control nuts are coming on now.

The american people take violence out of the game they are like a toothless dog!

What do some of you think the 2nd amendment is for?

Patriots to arm to arms if need be!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Once you've decided to become a radical, chances are you'll continue to radicalise your beliefs until they turn into a fairy tale story of how you're going to save the world from itself. You find these people among paleo-conservatives, neo-Nazis, revolutionary leftists, anarcho-greens, and angry people in general, who simply think we need something big and fancy to change society. "Man, if people would just obey God, we'd be safe now."

The public is misinformed, confused and easily led astray. We're talking about the same crowd who killed its own culture because it didn't understand it. And we expect _the public_ to form an armed uproar against tyranny? I can't stop laughing. Only a really deluded quasi-intellectual romantic could think up something like that. History shows we've had several armed revolutions, all of them ending in bloodbath, more tyranny and the exile of the intelligent. Stupidity is the law, unless stupidity is oppressed.

If you are waiting for the public to "wake up" and "stand up" against tyranny, you're not living in reality. The public will never face the truth, and even if it did, it wouldn't embrace it because it's true, but because someone else propagandised it. The public is a stampede of morons. Rather than trying to herd them, what YOU need to do is to focus on getting YOUR act together, and then work with your community to save it from its own stupidity. You won't be able to save it all, but you can protect whatever intelligence and tradition is left--forget the rest. No revolution is going to save us. We need to save ourselves and the people and traditions we care about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join