It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Surprisingly many seem to agree with your thoughts, in my opinion.. Even if this is ATS.

Guess I'll be in the minority, but this is what I think:

1. What if the person, that "pops" into my head doesn't know me? I believe there is allways a trigger, however subtle it may be..

2. What about dead people? Do you believe there is an afterlife and if so, can this transmission travel, for lack of a better word "between worlds"?

Again, if we apply the trigger hypothesis, there needs to be no scifi like "thought transmission".

3. If you notice a discomfort in someones behaviour (bodylanguage mainly) after they heard you say something, doesn't necessarily mean they misinterpreted you. There can be any number of reasons for their behaviour and you yourself may be the one who misinterpreted them.

4. Maybe the room is too hot, or there is someone you don't like. Maybe you had an akward thought before going in there, or maybe you just have a low blood sugar level.
You really seem to think you can read other peoples minds.. If you start arguing with someone about something you think they thought, I wouldn't blame them for thinking that you are, as you put it "nuts".

5. Where do you base this statement, that you are able to "pop" in someones head..? And how does the meditation help? Have you tested this with people or what?

Wasn't there quite a large cash price for someone, who could prove their psychic abilities in a controlled experiment..? Maybe you should have a crack at it.

6. What radar..? You are just rambling about normal human behaviour and imagination; wich seems to run quite rampant in your head..

Im not a doctor, but you sound somewhat psychotic in this quote:

I will say that at times I enjoy this knowledge, but also many times I do not. There are places I refuse to go, and people I refuse to be around, simply because their thoughts and emotions are so intrusive.

This one also:

When you feel the emotion or the negative thought come in, INSTANTLY say NO! Say it out loud....say it several times.

That's about all..

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi. Thanks for the great thread, and star and flag from me.

I have always been told by various psychics and mediums that I am very sensitive, but upon further questioning, they seemed to be very vague and unclear as to what they actually meant by this, and it has been a puzzle to me for most of my life until the past few years.

Anyway, I think I have finally sussed out what it means, as like you and many of the other posters here, I too feel things which appear to have no immediate relevance to my own state of mind and thoughts.

I reckon I'm picking up on the thoughts and feeling of others, living and otherwise. I rarely get words as such, just sensations which my mind translates to the best of it's ability, which may go some way to explain the occasional inaccuracies in my interpretations from time to time.
I even wrote a song about it, the chorus of which reads:

I can't tell what's on my mind.
I can't tell which thoughts are mine.
I couldn't tell you just what I am.
Because I don't know myself.
I don't know myself.

This isn't a plug for my songs, but I thought it relevant in the present context.

Since realising that not all my thoughts are strictly my own, I have felt much better about myself, and feel less like I'm going off my rocker at times when my mind becomes flooded with uncharacteristic thoughts. Sometimes I find it interesting to sit on a bench in my local shopping precinct and watch people go by whilst trying to feel their lives as they go by, but from an internal perspective.
Of course, I could never know for sure whether the resultant feeling and emotions are genuine or not, but I feel it is a good excercise in empathy.

I'm sure many people are familiar with the idea of everything being 'one', and as such, it strikes me as pretty obvious that if this were the case, we must by default all share the same selfness which results in these 'leakages' of thoughts and emotions, as they are ultimately from our one self, breaching the barriers of our illusory seperateness.

I hope I have made myself understandable here, and don't sound like too much of a looney or preacher, but this does seem logical to me and I thought I would throw it in here in case someone could resonate with it.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks again for the thread, as this subject has been foremost in my mind for quite a while now.

Cheers.

I.A.

Edit for rubbish spelling.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Skeptics are entitled to their opinions, but it is not necessary to attach or suggest the label of psychotic or nuts to someone who believes in what your eyes do not see, or your hands cannot touch.

You know what is said about opinions?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxlynx
1. What if the person, that "pops" into my head doesn't know me? I believe there is allways a trigger, however subtle it may be..

2. What about dead people? Do you believe there is an afterlife and if so, can this transmission travel, for lack of a better word "between worlds"?

Again, if we apply the trigger hypothesis, there needs to be no scifi like "thought transmission".

3. If you notice a discomfort in someones behaviour (bodylanguage mainly) after they heard you say something, doesn't necessarily mean they misinterpreted you. There can be any number of reasons for their behaviour and you yourself may be the one who misinterpreted them.

4. Maybe the room is too hot, or there is someone you don't like. Maybe you had an akward thought before going in there, or maybe you just have a low blood sugar level.
You really seem to think you can read other peoples minds.. If you start arguing with someone about something you think they thought, I wouldn't blame them for thinking that you are, as you put it "nuts".

5. Where do you base this statement, that you are able to "pop" in someones head..? And how does the meditation help? Have you tested this with people or what?

Wasn't there quite a large cash price for someone, who could prove their psychic abilities in a controlled experiment..? Maybe you should have a crack at it.

6. What radar..? You are just rambling about normal human behaviour and imagination; wich seems to run quite rampant in your head..

Im not a doctor, but you sound somewhat psychotic in this quote:

I will say that at times I enjoy this knowledge, but also many times I do not. There are places I refuse to go, and people I refuse to be around, simply because their thoughts and emotions are so intrusive.

This one also:

When you feel the emotion or the negative thought come in, INSTANTLY say NO! Say it out loud....say it several times.

That's about all..

Well, where to start with this one....

1. Whether you know the person or not makes no difference. We're all connected.

2. I don't know enough about the afterlife to speculate. I don't talk to ghosts and I don't see dead people....does that help? I've had unusual encounters and even some frightening ones in various places I've lived, but if I were to base them on what we're talking about, I only get a "sense" for the overall emotion of the event....not an intent.

3. It's more than just feeling uncomfortable, and has nothing to do with body language. I was talking more about an instantaneous interruption in the flow of conversation when a sudden feeling or thought pops into your head. In other words, this is what the other person has just thought about what you said. If you don't experience this, it's fine. I do, and those who have experienced it know what I'm talking about. It's more than what you've described.

4. I never once said I could read minds....in fact, quite the opposite. It's OK if you don't "get it".

5. The same way someone pops into mine is the same way I can pop into theirs...it's quite a common thing, obviously. What I'm suggesting is that random coincidences aren't random or coincidences at all. The meditation, if you read what I wrote, helps you to get to know your own thought patterns well enough to be able to discern what's yours and what's not. It was simply MY way of slowing down, cutting out the noise and turning off all the distractions. Whatever method works for you, use it. And yes, I have tested it with various people I am close to....it's accurate. I don't have proof for you, if that's what you're looking for, so you'll have to take my word for it. Better yet, prove it to yourself WITH yourself....that's the best proof I can suggest, don't you agree?

I don't know anything about a cash prize for psychic abilities, and I think you've misinterpreted what we're all talking about. This isn't a matter of being psychic, in the modern way. This is about being receptive to the subtle human energies that people give off in their daily thoughts. It's a natural gift all humans are equipped with. Some are just more aware of it than others. I have no desire to obtain more money, least of all in this way.

6. Now you're just being rude. It doesn't even deserve a defense from me.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufus51
You know what is said about opinions?

that they are incomplete understandings?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Very interesting. Reminds me of times you get a call from someone you were just thinking about. Then they tell you they were just thinking about you

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Anyone else ever walk in to a house and instantly knew the tv was on? It's like a very faint high pitched sound. I always know when the guy that lives downstairs has his tv on, even though I can't hear him.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
oh my my.. i actually posted something on this site. time to get some sleep

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
Originally posted by teapot

I can understand this. Do you find yourself avoiding people you love because understanding them in a way that they cannot understand you is too debilitating for you? Do people you love seem to see you as stand-offish, seperated from them in some way?

Also, do you hone this faculty? If so, how? If not, why?

Yes, there are some people whom I cannot be around for too long, (unfortunately, some are blood relatives). They simply refuse to be honest with themselves, let alone with me, and simple reasoning cannot enter into the conversation. I find myself understanding and communicating with them in ways they WON'T comprehend, and so we generally have a stalemate. There's nothing I can do but to move on, love them to the best of my ability, worry about MY flaws, and let life help them with theirs. Only time and experience will help them to see and understand the level in which I communicate. I can get very angry, because this "sensitivity" lends one to be a human lie detector...I don't tolerate lying from loved ones very easily. I try not to take it personally, and you can't force people to see what they don't want to see. So there's nothing you can do but walk away and be at peace in your own heart and mind about them.

Thank you for the honesty of your reply. The faculty can make life very painful! But, in my opinion, the 'lying' is sometimes the only way those who do not share the faculty can cope with the complexities of human relationships.

I hone this by exercising it daily. I don't do it consciously, I just do it naturally. I spend a lot of time in prayer/mediation....what I call quiet moments. I know my thoughts well. So when something foreign comes in, I know it's not mine. When that happens, I make a decision as to what to do from there.

In your daily preparations for your quiet moments, do you;

*take any particular care to guard any facet of your awareness,

*perform any exercises to enhance the workings of your inner ear, opening yourself up to particular individuals or issues?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You know, I have always inherently known this. I believe everyone inherently knows it. However, some people start to believe that a material-based science, which is not technologically advanced enough to tap on these subjects well enough, can explain away these phenomena. A lot of people seem to believe that if science hasn't proven it, then it automatically means it's not true.

Use your instincts. Our sciences have not found even a fraction of what there is to know about ourselves. That is to say: ESP, empathy, telepathy, et cetera., could indeed exist. I wholeheartedly believe they do exist, because I've experienced them personally. I experience these phenomena all the time. For instance, me and the first love of my life always knew what we were going to say. Just like the other poster above said he/she has had experience with. We would say it right at the same time, or one of us would say something and instantly say, "I knew you were going to say that!" These weren't always predictable things to say, either.

So considering this, if it is a phenomena that has been experienced over and over again, then it would be almost foolish to assume it was coincidence every single time. How could two people continuously predict thoughts of, and think, the exact same thing at the exact same time? "Luck"? "Coincidence"? I won't lie. Sometimes it was because it was in a situation where that thought would be a predictable outcome.

Sometimes you know somebody so well, through senses beyond the physical, that you do, indeed, think on the same vibrational frequency as them. This is telepathy. It isn't you reading their mind... it is you thinking on the exact same vibrational frequency as them.

All this stuff has been known and utilized for thousands upon thousands of years. It is ancient and useful knowledge and wisdom, which is disappearing. Keep it alive and well.

That's my $0.1337.

One Love.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Fangula]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jivin004
Anyone else ever walk in to a house and instantly knew the tv was on? It's like a very faint high pitched sound. I always know when the guy that lives downstairs has his tv on, even though I can't hear him.

YES.

I can't stand being around TVs. Electronics stores in the tv section, you can literally feel it, and its different then computer monitors.

But yeah. I would be a few rooms away and hear and feel that faint buzz and yell "AHH TV!".. i remember that, my room-mate would laugh. I hated that one TV, gave you bloodshot eyes just looking at it too.

Also walking under wires/cables.

Take that feeling, now if you're in a city, hit the bike trail and you might just feel something new once you enter the foresty area, and not just the absence of the electronic stuff. It's pretty cool.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by CavemanDD]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hate to be "that" guy, but this is a phenomenon that could very easily be proven in controlled laboratory conditions. I'm 99% sure it has been tried already, though I can't cite any specific examples. I don't think the results were very impressive but I could be wrong.

Obviously that doesn't mean there's nothing going on, but if the effect were anywhere near as pronounced as the OP implied, it probably would have been detected a long time ago.

How do I compare this rationale to my own "psychic" experiences? I can't - I've had a massive headache from cognitive dissonance for the past 15 years trying to get to the bottom of this and countless other unexplained phenomena.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

I Think I Get Something Like This. When I'm Sitting Alone In The Living Room Or My Bedroom, Theres Like A Kind Of Atmosphere That Suddenly Comes Over Me. Like Somone Breathing On The Back Of Your Neck Then Putting Their Arms Over Your Chest From Behind :S

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When you can do what you do, you do realise your feelings also come from the past and the future, space, universe, earth, god, ect. ect.

It goes further.

Have you ever thought WHY you are able to feel. Seems like a stupid question, but does it not lead to a further answer. Breathing is a good start. Humans are linked together. When you spew out garbage, we all experience it. It takes a strong individual to stand firm while swimming in crap. It takes an even stronger individual to cultivate your own feelings and control reality. In the same way, we all do this everyday without a thought. We are also linked to everything in creation, a challenge would be to utilize the grand reality and bring it into this creation. So why the hell do I feel so responsible? Life is truly amazing.

I wish for comfortable feelings, even if that means I have to stand in the middle of the storm just to feel alive, because when there is total crazy I feel at peace. I used to just love to stand in the rain and enjoy everything that came. Lick my tears and eat my fears. Sometimes when things go against me, I eat it up and enjoy the food. Most people pass by me. Some people come to me, others very rarely, rarely see me for who I am.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Never heard any word or thoughts or so, well I did once. Not going in there.

But I always sense distinguished emotions And atmosphere in a room.

Sometimes I meet a person and I know before even being introduced if I even want to be introduced. The opposite is More fun when you feel the absolute need to turn around or look in a specific direction and a warm fuzzy feeling is pushing the senses and then you see a total stranger and it feels like you've known him/her all your life.

Strangest thing about is it's never been just a one way sense and the few times I experienced this, are still my friends .

S& F it thankk you for the thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Please tell. I have a problem with this sort of thing.

I have this sort of 'tactile radar' where if I touch an object that I usually use- pencil, steering wheel, utensils- I can tell if someone else has used it. Usually, there's a different feeling to it, a different warmth, ect. I havent been able to use it for like, say card tricks....

From the age of 2 years old ive had an anger problem and over the years without really understanding it upto the age of 15 years i had let it rule over me. The negativity ruled most of my years and when i turned 18 a few weeks prior to my 18th birthday i started to notice that when people made me angry i would release my external energy and focus it and channel that external energy into the people who would hurt me and my feelings.

I would make them ill within minutes and very distressing to watch as at the time i knew nothing of my abilities. 4 years later now at the age of 22 years of age i realised through my practice of meditation and letting-go of the past and of emotional baggaed that energy within can't be destroyed it has to be transferred.

I have taught myself ways of transferring the negativity into positive vibes by understanding what ticks me off and trying to influence those same feelings by teaching myself how to feel the feeling but turn it into something more with love and peace and not destruction that i lived with most of my life.

I have been known to save people from accidents or fatal incidents because im so used to feeling death and negativity i know what awaits people before it happens. Though im not proud of that im just saying that i can feel that power within.

Then there's other times I get irritated like most of us do and transfer that energy to do something devious or not so funny. I must admit i now know how i do it but its not like a button on a television remote which you can turn the television set on and off.

The energy is related to mood and it takes a lot these days to tick me off. So for instance if im at work im okay im positive and get along with people but if its times like yesterday i was approached by a histerical women screaming and yelling down my throat i couldn't help but feel the rage and my body went into a total shake. So i just backed off and got back on with my job because i know that mood change will lead to something horrible.

Like the last job i had at a plant nursery working alongside a very moody women for nearly 3 months i was surrounded one day by her sarcasim and moody mood swings and she just made too many comments that day about my lunch and everytime i complained with her smoking near me when i was trying to taste my lunch. Something so sinicle led to her having life threatening respiratory disorders, her skin turned from norm to yellow and red rashes broke out all over her body, she was coughing heavy, nearly stopped breathing, her throat got tight and she fainted. The ambulance was called withing minutes they showed and half the business was sectioned off for a possibility she might have had swine flu.

But the paramedics identified the unknown occurance to Not be swine flu and they said they didn't know what was wrong with her. But the other women who is very spiritual i will never forget what she told me. Truth sometimes is best kept quiet and it was upsetting in its own ways. She implied i was dangerous, horrible and made it very clear i was to stay away from her. And she was deadly serious.
What made it worse is that i told her something bad was going to happen to the other women moments before it happened and i repeatedly said i didn't mean it to happen i just don't know how to control myself.

Too late the damage was done. Mind you though that women never harrassed me again.

Another incident that occured when i went out to the cinema with my mate and his girlfriend on the way home after the movie Amy was irritating me so much with her comments about me that i got that rage feeling and this time i know it sounds harsh but i let her taste a piece of her own nastyness and withing minutes she was hyper ventilating, going blue and black, choking, coughing hard, struggling to breathe and got tired very quickly and fainted a few times. After 10 minutes when i had enough she got better and withing 20 minutes of the whole thing happening it was like she hadnt experienced anything horrible similar occurances to that women from work who would always *pee* me off.

I could go on with more stories i'd probably have to make a thread on my experience's with people who are horrible towards other's i seem to get justice only from a few who have *pee'd* me off! Not everybody because i like to think karma will get the better of them as its not upto me what happens to them. Especially like that women at work yesterday she was yelling and screaming at me over something she had mistakenly got me mixed up with another employee. I think thats why i didn't inflict pain towards her because i knew something would get her sooner or later.

Anyway the point is that i don't like negativity in myself and in people because its so unhealthy and I try my best to stay healthy both in the body and in the mind and spirit. I like to spread positive vibes because its a new feeling to my system and i enjoy the feeling and the love. I find positive vibes scary at times because im still adjusting to feeling the goodness as i have been surrounded by a lot of negativtiy through childhood i try to help people who have had it tough.

I believe we are destined here for things in life where you will some point in your lives experience something so horrible you would probably never forget it! But look at it as a lesson and not a mistake as that is where i am with this now and stop blaming myself when i have been surrounded around negative people all my life. It was my free-will that i chose i wanted to change for the better. I struggled for many years but i am where i am now and not inflicted pain towards another person because of what i feel. I suppose its like saying ive managed to put the little bugger back in pandora's box.

Thankyou for taking your time to read this and I hope for the sake of other's you do not get dragged into fear, anxiety, depression, and anger.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Thank you for your honesty. It takes real guts to admit negative traits and the impact they have on others, especially for someone with so extreme experiences as yours.

Also, remember that feelings are both fed and generated by simple bio-chemical mechanisms of your body. You can support your desire to change through using your strong abilities to exercise mind over matter to take control of your negative emotions.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'd be careful with this, thinking you can pick up on other people's thoughts is a bad path to go down.

Justifying everything in your head as relating to real life events will get you into trouble.

You'll be creating your own reality and none of it will be true. You must remain responsive to the real world, just because you think you have mind reading powers doesn't mean you do.

It's best if you simply judge what you see/hear when the person is with you.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree, good stuff.

I have experienced something like that, I was on my comp and I had a thought of my twin sister. I started thinking about calling her. Then as I picked up my phone, she calls me.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just came across this thread. Great points OP. star and flag

Buddhism acknowledges this as well.
Pratityasamutpada

aka Dependent Origination

Many times when having casual conversation, when the silence comes - watch what the next thing said in the conversation is! Many times, I will be quietly contemplating some aspect of the discussion, debating whether or not to bring it up, when the other person beats me to it. Or vice versa.

Or if you have ever been 'tuned in' to a close friend, where words aren't needed... same thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join