It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74
You have what someone from Gilead would call the "touch". This feeling is, to some extent, in everyone but some are more sensitive in it. I have more power over influence myself and have to really tap into myself to surface my sense of touch

Interesting....Gilead, as in near Jordan? I've never heard of a label being put on it, so now you have me curious.

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
...a part of me wants to believe that maybe my thoughts about her now have something to do with her "regular thoughts about me" too. But in reality, I have probably just maintained an emotional attachment to somebody who never felt the same way and who has probably forgotten I exist. I doubt my thoughts about her are triggering any memories in her head about me.

This is one of those sticky situations where you need to sit down and be "real" with yourself in regards to where these thoughts are generating from. Are they coming from you or from her? If we are in strong "like" with someone, and our thoughts are consumed with them (we've all been there at some point in our lives with someone who really floats our boat), then it's likely the other person will pick up on it, but how they react is entirely due to their free will. Some people, if the feeling isn't reciprocated, will simply block you. Just like on forums or email, people can put up blocks on other people. Not saying that's what she has done with you, but we most certainly do this & don't even know it.

Originally posted by Wolf
I can also see auras around anything living and sometimes in-animate objects!
Lights tend to flicker randomly when I am around, (That could be to do with dogey electrics)

Auras are another fascinating subject to me....I have only been able to see them twice in my life, and both times were not easy. Needless to say, I don't do it often, because I need silence, the right lighting, and not a lot of "noise" going on my head so that I can relax and focus. I will say this....I saw a violet aura on my child many years ago, when they were asleep. I've never forgotten the color or how it looked. Violet flames, flickering and moving about, and it was such an intense shade that I can't describe....I've never seen it reproduced as a physical color, and I've been to the paint store just to see!

And lights...yet something else that is fascinating. We have those coiled, energy efficient lights that take a few seconds to warm up. Our home is new, so the wiring is fine. But I've noticed that in moments of conflict in my home, they will flicker. My entire family notices this. All other times, they don't flicker. I've often wondered if these new types of lights (with the gas in them), are more sensitive to energies around them.

Originally posted by neo5842
I have a very strange thing with wild life and animals in general, things like when you hear people saying about a cat or a dog, when they come over to you for some petting, and the owner says something like "now thats strange he wont normally go to anyone he doesn't know" and with wild animals, i will have wild birds come up to me when i am sat on my own, even foxes will stand and stare, one of the strangest ones was a deer...

Funny you mention animals, because I had contemplated putting that in my post. I have two dogs, and our communication goes far beyond physical or audio cues. I instinctively know what they want, or what's bothering them. Some people may relate this to just knowing their pets, but this also extends to animals I do not know. Again, it's the same concept in thoughts....but with animals, it's easier. They don't seem to cloud their thought patterns up very much with the same stuff we do, so with them, what they're intent on at that moment, comes out as a very specific phrase, almost like a feeling or a snapshot of an image of what they want. It's completely different that what I pick up from other people, but it works the same way.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Maybe empathetic people are more sensitive to subtle social cues, body language, pupil dilation etc?

I've seen body cues mentioned several times, and I will be the first to say that we DO communicate via visual and voice cues. But it's our times alone, which are later verified, that cannot be attributed to cues within proximity....they must be entirely communicated from the "6th" sense.

Originally posted by iscorpio
I'd say some of those feelings are caused by our subconsciousness detecting body language signals. And it happens so fast, You just don't realize it. You may not realize that You understand body language clusters that well, but all of us are just born with it. The difference is that trained people can describe it and explain it in details, others just feel it subconsciously.
And about random thoughts of random people popping into mind - I also think there has been some kind of a trigger - like an object or situation - that Your mind relates to that person. Maybe not obvious, but still...

I'll say honestly, that this is something only you can answer for yourself. For me, I know the difference between physical cues and visual triggers than something I'm picking up on an emotional level. But now that you're contemplating it and it's in your head, you might just start to notice the subtle things that AREN'T caused by what you mentioned. And they ARE subtle.

Originally posted by unicorn1
I started a new job recently and one member of staff is definitely hostile. It would be difficult to prove this to anyone but she has given off a million tiny vibes and I just 'know'.

Just as many people will argue how subtle physical cues are, I must also argue how even MORE subtle emotional energy cues are. If you are picking up on physical cues, then tap into the emotion....I will guarantee you that you will understand why this person is hostile with you, because one clear thought will pop out among all the others. You will instinctively know. Most likely, they feel threatened by you in some way, but it's nothing personal. Of course, I wouldn't recommend confronting this person with "why do you feel threatened by me?" because it will just get plausible deny-ability followed with more anger. Again, you can't argue with someone's thoughts without looking like a fool.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by emeraldzeus

What happens if the person is very famous or a very very important person. Wouldn't that person be crushed by all of those thoughts?

example

Baptist Pastors Prayed for Obama Death on Presidents Day

[edit on Tue, 16 Feb 10 by Jazzyguy]

I think it happens a lot with celebrities. They feed off our energy. You can see this because whether they are adored or hated, you are STILL thinking of them. So ... for celebrities, being topical is essential which is why, if there is a lack of career progression they will not hesitate to simply do something stupid simply to get a headline and become topical again. We see this over and over again. Celebs lose public adoration so they do something crazy and get a headline, Shave their head, Go to Rehab, get arrested, it doesn't matter. As long as you're talking about THEM, they feed off the energy and resume their climb up.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
nice post!

There is another dimension I'd like to add. Before my mom died, she and I had a connection where I could always sense her. I knew when she was driving home, woke up, etc. The main thing, though, whenever she had a strong feeling (which was often as she was bipolar) I felt it as though it were my own. She was oblivious to our connection, though. One day she made a big revelation that she had previously thought of killing herself, but, decided not to because of my brothers, sister, and I. I just said "I know." She brushed it off, but, I could tell she was confused.

She later died of natural causes, when she died and that connection was gone, even though I was 1000 miles away at the time, I already knew. There are 3 or 4 people that can back this up, as they tried to console me saying we hadn't heard anything yet so there was no reason to grieve.

Now, about a year and a half later, I started feeling someone else's feelings, this time even more vividly than before, but, I have no idea whose they are. Is there any way for me to focus on the feeling for its source?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodlja
I found a bit of me in the article- since I was a little girl, my intuition has been of the charts. but it seems I only pick up the negative things...or is it I'm just closed for the positive..?

That might just be a reflection of your sub conscious. Perhaps something happened to you which you have supressed and sub consciously you do not feel deserving of it.

Just a thought

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So let's get to the crux of the matter.

The information in the OP is real and i think most people HAVE experienced and noted this phenomena.

So what is it?

How can it be explained scientifically?

Is it something to do with the spirit world, quantum information or just a force that our science books have yet to acknowledge?

I think that occult and kabbalah focus on such things especially 'perception'. May be they have an answer.

Also, there is a distinct power of 'BELIEF'. Believe something to be true or become true and strange forces will work for that.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Its not supernatual, not some belife, its evolution, we as a species are evolving, i dont know how many times i have to say it on this site.

Go get your dna tested, and anyone else with this gift, and you will see that in our DNA we are differnt from the average person but all hold one specfic trait that anyone with this gift shares.

Evidence? its in our DNA

Look in the area that controlls brains growth, you WILL see a major differnce

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Anthony1138]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What happens if the person is very famous or a very very important person. Would that person be crushed by all of those thoughts?

Well, I can only speculate, as I've never personally prayed for someone's death. But I mentioned to someone else that some people can put up "blocks". However - and this is just something I've witnessed of those in the public eye - if they generate enough ill intent toward them with NO block, you will see, (whether it is an immediate affect or a delayed effect), something dramatic happen in their life. In case of religious leaders, everyone needs to understand one thing....

Regardless of HOW we use God to our advantage, we all have him. So if a pastor has a congregation in which they are all praying for the death of someone, that's a LOT of backing on an emotional plane, AND protection for him. Equally, I'm certain that Obama has proper defenses as well....if not, then I'm sure this thread might pop up again in a "wow" moment. (I didn't vote for him, but I also don't wish ill intent on him either, so let's hope nothing bad happens!) So we're talking about a virtual psychic army, so to speak. ["Psychic" being used to describe this unseen plane, not to elude to the modern images that word conjures up.] Now we've just entered into a completely different topic all together, and one in which I hardly understand. But if we imagine all the complex energies flying around at any given moment in this unseen realm, it's easy to see how perhaps angels and demons can be explained. It lends new understanding to the teachings of ANY religion that we must always be kind and love one another, because our understanding hasn't caught up with our capabilities yet.

Originally posted by bkaust
Keeping those people around that give me more positive feelings has helped dramatically, now when i go out and see people that i don't think are good for me, i find myself drained when i get home, to the point where the next day i almost feel like i've run a marathon and i feel quite down.

EXACTLY!! I compare it to this.....imagine atoms with varying amounts of electrons, protons and neutrons in each. Science tells us that atoms naturally change their electrical state by casting off, stealing, or even changing the charge of a proton, neutron or electron. Those charges never disappear, they just transfer or change. Humans are no different, if you consider our emotions, thoughts and words as being a specific "charge" we're sending out. It's just as important to be cautious of what we're sending out, as it is to be cautious about what we're receiving.

Originally posted by sapien82
so a day or so after that im on facebook and she IM me out of the blue , baring in mind that I havent spoken to her in 2 years since we split up , and she hasnt spoken to me online since we split so it is very odd for her to talk to me in any way! she asks me what im up to and how ive been .

i just thought it was weird , i was going to tell her i was thinking about her but didnt want to seem weird !

you think maybe i was thinking alot of positive things about her and my emotions have some how transfered to her conciousness and triggered her to think about me !

I have similar thoughts with my current partner , we can be sitting in silence doing our own thing at home , then all of a sudden we will look at each other and say the exact same thing its very odd !

I reckon there is much more to this than meets the eye

Yes, all VERY good examples of this at work! I have yet to encounter another human being who doesn't experience odd moments like this.

Originally posted by sapien82
...now my gf has cut her out of her life , however thoughts of her old friend still plague my girlfriend , and i think it could be because her old friend is still thinking negative thoughts about her .

I believe my partner has some sort of psychic abilities especially when it comes to peoples thoughts and feelings , one of my friends believes my gf is psychic or has the potential to develop psychic abilities

Again, I will say that we ALL have this. Some people are just a little more in tune with it than others, or "sensitive" to it, I should say. I would encourage your girlfriend to send loving thoughts and/or peaceful wishes to her former friend (in her mind) when those feelings wash over her. Over time, this will cause her friend to release your GF from her thought patterns. This is just based on my personal experience, but combating positive forces with negative ones is the only way to go. But most definitely encourage her to not dwell on negative thoughts...this is where the "NO!" comes in, because it's like a train wreck....we see it coming, but human nature just doesn't want to stop looking. Negative thoughts are like the train wreck, but you have to force yourself to look away. It takes a little active work, but I can't begin to tell you how good and healthy it is for us to do this. Not only that, but the other person will experience better feelings as a result as well. Hard to imagine, I know, but that's how much we are able to affect those around us, whether it is good, bad, or indifferent.

Originally posted by nik1halo
I don't have this ability to pick up on other's emotions. In fact I'm not very empathic at all, but I do have a strange ability to sense danger before it happens. Kinda like spidey's spider-sense
. It's saved my life more than once.

Good stuff there! I think it is quite possible for us all to be naturally inclined toward different aspects of the unseen realms. There are certain people in my life that I continually go to pick up the phone before it rings, but not everyone. It could also be a matter of resonating frequencies.....we just resonate with each other, so it's easier. So is that precognition on our parts, or is it a way of tapping into a frequency that is already present? This could get into some seriously deep conversations, so I'll leave it at that, but I think it's good stuff you've got going there!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What happens if the person is very famous or a very very important person. Wouldn't that person be crushed by all of those thoughts?

example

That is assuming they have developed this skill of course...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

absoulty amazing i have expirenced almost every one of those and like u said i have recently over the past few years started to realize that many of my feelings werent my own and that i was picking up on other ppl emotions this particularly happened when i broke up with my ex of three yrs but the same thing occured again .then i always think of my girlfreind who lives out of town i dunno why she just pops into my head and 2 seconds later she calls me this happens almost way to often to be coincendence

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Awesome subject & thread!

Funny thing happened not 4 hours ago.

A business associate from the past called me up after not talking to him for about a year or so. I missed the call and called him back about 2:00pm today and he said he was not calling for business, but to tell me he had a weird dream about me the night before last. He also stated that he couldn't get the thought out of his head of the dream and he just wanted to make sure everything was okay with me, he was embarrassed. We, laughed and joked about it for a while and caught up on other things, but I remembered that the day before last that I was thinking about him out of the blue and thinking I should give him a call soon. Too weird! I have no idea what sparked me thinking of him or what sparked his dream, but there was some kind of connection made in my book.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Being connected in this way, this awareness is a gift.

Not everybody has trained their senses to discern the various thoughts that are different then what could be classified as voices.

But yes their is emerging data showing that some humans have this trait developed more then others. How marvelous!

Exploring this world is full of danger though.

And in my opinion much of this type of knowledge should never be shared with persons who have no sense of it. Nietzsche expressed the idea that those who saw them dancing but who were not able to hear the music thought the dancers to be insane.

Do not give your pearls to swine.

Do not give your strength to another...women or man.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
I don't think that anybody has 100% clarity in regards to someone else and I don't believe anyone can read anyone's mind at all.

You can make a good guess at what someone is thinking or doing because of the same/same factor.

But knowing what is randomly in their mind? No. And demonstrably so on every and any level.

I agree to some extent, but I also think you might have misunderstood what this is about. Don't think of this in woo-woo, new age terms, where I'm suggesting we read each others' minds....think of this as more of a radio/radio tower. Assume everyone has a radio/radio tower in their head. Some people have it on, some don't. Some will change the stations, while some just let the static go. Some choose to transmit their signals, and some don't. The point being, is that we pick up on frequencies....thoughts ARE frequencies, as are intentions, words and actions. They are all frequencies, and if you picture each human in the world with an invisible tower on their head, you can start to understand how we exchange these energies daily without even realizing it. So 100%? No, I agree with you. But some people haven't "come into" understanding this about our nature yet, so it's easy debunk if you're not use to experiencing it on a conscious level. But you ARE experiencing it.

As far as knowing what's randomly going through their minds, I think you didn't get what I was saying. They have to DIRECT that random thought in order for you to pick it up. Satellites have to direct their dishes to send and receive information, and so do we. Having someone think about you is no different than that person picking up a telephone and dialing your number....they've just made an instant connection with you, regardless if you are perceiving it or not. All I say is, contemplate it first before you deny it. There is a LOT here that we don't understand yet, but just because we don't see it, doesn't mean those frequencies aren't there.

Originally posted by bkaust
...so it takes alot of self-realisation to get past it to the point of forgiving and just letting go and cutting out.

This brings up a very good point that I wanted to address, which I think works beautifully in tandem with the controlled thought processes we want to practice. One question to everyone....

How do YOU define "forgiveness"?

This is a tough one, because no two people will define it the same way, while others will struggle to define it at all. My entire life, it seems, people have always advised me and those around me to "forgive" those who have hurt us. Well, that's easy in theory, but nobody ever really tells you HOW to do that. What steps do you take and how do you know it's working? Such a simple word and so much confusion.

So, for me, forgiveness is literally getting the point where the other person no longer can ignite negative feelings in me. If they enter into my thought space, I immediately pray good things for them, and all feelings of negativity disappear. This does not mean I am required to have a relationship with them, but I can learn to live without negative feelings about them. This includes not dwelling on or replaying the past in my mind....those are negative traps! So to me, THAT is forgiveness. It would be interesting to see how others define this.

Originally posted by bodlja
I found a bit of me in the article- since I was a little girl, my intuition has been of the charts. but it seems I only pick up the negative things...or is it I'm just closed for the positive..?

No, I don't think any of us are closed off to the positive things. It takes work to discern those as well. But consider this scenario.....

You walk into a grocery store, and they have nice unobtrusive music playing that you don't notice...it blends in. Now, imagine that same scenario, except they've got the most horrible music you can imagine playing, and they've turned it up really loud. You'd notice it then, right? You'd probably want to complain about it, or even leave. So what's the difference here? It's hard to notice one pretty little flower in a huge garden of gorgeous flowers...but you'll definitely notice a dead bush. What we all choose to "decorate" our thoughts with, will determine how well we notice what is out of place.

Originally posted by brokedown
This phenomena is called "QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT" All life shares this. Some are able to tap thier conscience mind into the fabric more than others, however just like everything the more one trains, the more proficient one becomes. A very simplistic way of explanation is to think of it like this: Everything is lying on one piece of fabric, the fabric is the universal consciences, since the fabric contains all, then all is conected. Like our human brain synaptic relationships form, so does the universial mind form associations. The closer a connection one has, the easier it becomes to "feel" the connection. We have been trained from birth by our left brain society to ignore this ablility, however this is the most powerful ability humans posess. With this ability one can affect all that surrounds them.
-brokedown

Fantastic addition to this!! There are so many ways to think about this, in order to better comprehend it. It really is fascinating.

Originally posted by xatharon
there have been studies to the Human connection. They have proven that Humans can indeed feel each other's feelings and because of this we can attune to their thoughts. Phychics have been doing it for millenia. Is no secret or new discovery.
If you want to get scientific there is an explanation for you; Human brains work mostly on beta wavelengths, this can be picked up by electronic sensors, some of which can be bought as toys today. It is extremely possible for other brains to pick these wavelengths since the brain is an electronic device itself. there are inbuilt sensors in the brain that react to influence from certain radio waves (reason why some people think that putting foil hats help).
Whether you believe in the supernatural or science it has been proven that the Human connection is very real.

Again, great stuff! I had planned on following up with some scientific studies, but you guys are beating me to it....awesome!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i am comfortable with the fact that the universe uses ats to re-confirm my thoughts.

Its as if everything i think the day before is on ATS the next day with an answer or re-assurance of my thoughts.

god i love the universe, and my enhanced perceptions and intuition.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi thanks for this thread - very interesting indeed

In addition to your list there are also the occasions when you can tell when someone is staring at you from a window, even up on the 3rd 4th floors or from top deck of a bus etc.. I'm sure we've all had a 'busted' moment at some tome when checking out somebody good looking or freaky looking and they catch you - DOH! Or even funnier they catch your friend who just dragged over to have a look..hehe...

In fact I remember seeing a tv programme when this exSAS chap was showing techniques for sneaking up on people one of those being to not look at the target in case they sense that they are being looked at..

Again great thread

Thanks

Berth

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Very nice, that should help loosen quite a few very tight and grounded minds. We "are" all connected, and you hit the nail on the head.

It should help to open doors some thought were shut.Follow your heart and listen to what it tells you - that is the key to our paths and keeping us on it. The closer we are to following and listening to our life path, the stronger and closer these thoughts become and the easier life becomes.

It provides us all with a better understanding of every enviroment we enter and making that enviroment easier to manage and easier to converse within it

It can warn you of something wrong, and it can guide you into a love thats strong.

It works, and this post made my day

Star - Flag!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Amazing post.

You explained that in a way that was very easy to understand.

Star and Flag.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

example

That is assuming they have developed this skill of course...

Energy flows all the time. It flows from me to all of you reading this post right now. It happens whether we are aware of it or not. Many people who you know, who you find draining are not malicious and scheme ways to steal or drain energy from you. They simply do it automatically because they are not aware enough to realize how to get it themselves. So ... they steal it. Not consciously (with a few exceptions). This is how I see the dynamics of energy flow in our lives ... (It is how "I" understand it, NOT neccessarily how it trully works) So obviously, I am open in this area.

Every individual has their own energy and when they interact with another person, place or thing, there is an exchange. The flow may go in a number of ways.

1. Sharing energy: I visit a friend who is feeling sad or depressed. I "cheer them up" or give them energy which uplifts them, they then subsequently feel better. The dynamic is one way. So why does that not drain you? Simple, the transfer has to be done with love or "the right attitude", charity, etc. etc. When it is done this way, the Universe will replenish your energy and your energy level is not drained.

2. Stealing energy: A person you know at home, work, etc is perticularly draining and you feel drained with every encounter, they push your buttons as a way of triggering the transfer. End result they get your energy you are in a lower vibration (pick an emotion). This happens because you as a natural reaction are defensive and attempt to block, resist etc. End result, Leech 1 - You 0. This can be prevented if when you come across this individual you change the only thing you actually have control over, yourself. Change your attitude, instead of resisting, allow it to flow, do not placate, do not be insincere, do it freely and willingly (the right attitude again). You will see a marked difference in the end result of the encounter where you are not left feeling drained at all. I am not saying you have to befriend or do anything you don't want to do, but you do need to open your heart and allow the energy to flow freely. You will not feel drained. Leech:1 - You:1, no net loss for you as your energy went to them and yours was replenished by the Universe.

3. Generating Energy: One of the terms I hear misused so much these days is synergy, this is how understand synergy and how it relates to generating energy as a dynamic between individuals or living beings. As an example you can say there are two Oxen, each can pull a stone weiging 500 kg 500 m. However, if you connect the two Oxen by a yoke (which is a type of harness connecting the two) the two of them together can pull their corresponding weights much further than the 500 m they would have had they done so alone. This is synergy. it is what happens when two friends get together and uplift each other. I feed you, you feed me. So there's a swap. Where's the gain? Well, we've done it with love or "the right attitude" therefore the Universe gives us a net gain of energy on top of what we started with. This is called generating.

It is how I've understood energy transfer for many many years. I would love to hear what you all have to say and am open to any ideas I may not have thought of.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hi there and thanks for the interesting thread. Very amazing ideas here and it seems to have some validity based on the experiences of so many individuals here. Couple of questions...

1. You mentioned in your post to ask ourselves if we meditate or pray on a regular basis. Is this something you feel is required to tap into these gifts, or is it just a way to make them stronger?

2. You also say to ask ourselves if we thank god for things, ect. Do you believe a connection is required with god to be able to use these powers of the mind?

Thanks!

Oh...and practice doesn't make perfect btw.... Perfect practice does..

Look forward to your reply.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
I haven't been through the entire thread but saw that many had questions regarding 2) negative thought projection. I strongly encourage Ho'oponopono. It is a Hawaiian cleansing technique. All you have to do is focus intention on someone or something and utter the following allowed or inside as many times that feels right.

I love you.
I am sorry.
Please forgive me.
Thank you.

It's so simple but you will find it will lift the weight. You don't need a guru or experience to use this immediately. But if you want to learn more here is Dr Hew Len Ihaleakala in a 9 part series who explains Ho'oponopono.

Oh, thank you for posting that! I was trying to think of what it was called, because I discovered it not long ago, and felt it ironic that another culture, seemingly cut off from world religions, had a name for what I had already been doing. It's very easy to see how this simple method transcends into every major religion in different ways, but the same concept is there.

Originally posted by teapot

I will say that at times I enjoy this knowledge, but also many times I do not. There are places I refuse to go, and people I refuse to be around, simply because their thoughts and emotions are so intrusive.

I can understand this. Do you find yourself avoiding people you love because understanding them in a way that they cannot understand you is too debilitating for you? Do people you love seem to see you as stand-offish, seperated from them in some way?

Also, do you hone this faculty? If so, how? If not, why?

Yes, there are some people whom I cannot be around for too long, (unfortunately, some are blood relatives). They simply refuse to be honest with themselves, let alone with me, and simple reasoning cannot enter into the conversation. I find myself understanding and communicating with them in ways they WON'T comprehend, and so we generally have a stalemate. There's nothing I can do but to move on, love them to the best of my ability, worry about MY flaws, and let life help them with theirs. Only time and experience will help them to see and understand the level in which I communicate. I can get very angry, because this "sensitivity" lends one to be a human lie detector...I don't tolerate lying from loved ones very easily. I try not to take it personally, and you can't force people to see what they don't want to see. So there's nothing you can do but walk away and be at peace in your own heart and mind about them.

I hone this by exercising it daily. I don't do it consciously, I just do it naturally. I spend a lot of time in prayer/mediation....what I call quiet moments. I know my thoughts well. So when something foreign comes in, I know it's not mine. When that happens, I make a decision as to what to do from there.

Originally posted by Dephyle
Now, about a year and a half later, I started feeling someone else's feelings, this time even more vividly than before, but, I have no idea whose they are. Is there any way for me to focus on the feeling for its source?

I've had this happen once, where I was feeling emotions that were CLEARLY not mine. Many years ago, when I lived in an apartment, I had an upstairs neighbor who was experiencing marital troubles. I could hear them argue, and I knew when each of them were alone in the home....thin floors. It was sad to me. But at the same time, I noticed a correlation between the husband's alone time and moments where these emotions came up. He was addicted to online pornography....something I never had a taste for, personally.

I had a home office and worked out of the house, so I knew when he'd come home for lunch....I'd hear him. Almost every day, like clockwork, I'd start having sexual thoughts randomly entering my head. Now, when I'm working....I'm focused. This is not normal for me. It wasn't until they got divorced and he moved out, when it all stopped, that I realized where it was coming from....the wife later told me he was coming home at lunch and had run up thousands of dollars on porn sites and paid phone sex....the same exact times I was "picking up" on his heightened emotions. Come to find out....his computer was located directly above where mine was in the home, so we were literally only feet apart.

This was a very unnerving feeling for me, but I was able to remove myself from the grossness of it enough to realize what had happened. It was then that I started becoming more aware of my proximity to people and out-of-place emotions.

I said all that to say this...if you are unaware of who it is you're sensing, check your immediate surroundings first. A next door neighbor maybe? Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helios813

It is how I've understood energy transfer for many many years. I would love to hear what you all have to say and am open to any ideas I may not have thought of.

I completely agree with your perceptions! This brings to mind a Biblical scripture..."Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I'll be". I'm not a particularly "religious" person, but I do find a lot of wisdom to be had in all religions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join