It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I remember a thread on here years ago about "dead celebrities" who had come back to life - or so it seemed
Two of them that really stuck in my mind, and I remember others agreeing....

Ernest Borgnine: I remember watching TV - maybe 12 years ago - and remember the report of him passing away. I remember I was sad because he was in Airwolf and that was my favorite show as a kid. When I found out he was still alive (4-5 years ago) I was absolutely dumbfounded. I KNOW he died. It just felt all wrong. It still does.

Jack Palance: Died in 2006. I remember - 100% - he died during (or just after) filming City Slickers 2 in 1993/94 Again, I remember the news report - I remember the stars of the movie reminiscing about him. I was shocked when I found out he was alive. Obviously this was before his death in 2006

Anybody else have thoughts on those two?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Curio]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlternateWhy

Another idea is we are approaching 2012. Some thing might happen around that time, who knows... maybe something that no one notices cause it'll just happen and things continue as is. Since, we have been approaching this date, I guess there has been a lot of dimensional anomalies lately (I think? according to reading some of the previous posts)

Maybe the Veil between the different Earths are getting thinner and thinner, and some of the Earths are merging (maybe???) Maybe these Earths are similar but except for things people have noticed. So, Why is that we notice these changes?

What if that date (2012) comes and many more Earths Merges. what would the result be because of that? What would happen to some of us who are experiencing this?

Possibly the 2012 timeline theory by Mckenna, where it shows everything coming together, the frequency of novelty as he calls it.

there is plenty of information on the topic here and elsewhere, if you are not familiar. I have always found the theory interesting, but never fully believe in it.

I think we have some way of recalling/channeling? what happens in the other earth/reality? I believe this more then switching from one reality to another, it's more of gaining insight from the other one?

I really don't have any answers, but the fact that this is seemingly so widespread sure is intriguing to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Jack Palance: Died in 2006. I remember - 100% - he died during (or just after) filming City Slickers 2 in 1993/94 Again, I remember the news report - I remember the stars of the movie reminiscing about him. I was shocked when I found out he was alive. Obviously this was before his death in 2006

Did he not die during the making of the second film? I remember it saying something in the opening credits to that effect. I was in my teens at the time so I don't remember clearly, but remember watching the movie and my parents commenting on his death.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I registered just to reply to this/the New Zealand thread.

I distinctly remember being in Charlotte, NC in Mid-June 2007, and Billy Graham's funeral was a big deal. When does everybody else who remembers him being dead remember it happening?

Also, I was shocked when I looked at the map of Australia. I remembered both Australia and New Zealand being much further south, but New Zealand was to the south-east of Australia. I remember reading an article about how people took a long flight from Australia to New Zealand when travelling to Antarctica, as New Zealand was much closer to Antarctica than it appears on the map in this timeline.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I'm a little embarrassed to post on this thread. I don't know what to make of time-line shifts, dimension jumps, alternate-multiverse realities, etc. All that stuff just gives me a headache and seems a little pointless to speculate on.

That said, I have had similar oddities to the ones already posted and a few additional ones.

Billy Graham died in 2007. My daughter and I were big fans of his. She had even gone to one of his lectures. We discussed his death for weeks. Neither of us liked Jerry Falwell. There's no way we would/could have confused the 2 as another poster had suggested.

I haven't looked at a world map in a few years so don't really know what you're talking about with Australia being out of place. I will google it after this post but wanted to say that NZ is South East of Australia.

Jack Palance died shortly after the making of City Slickers II. That was a real loss to the acting world, imho.

On a personal note: I had a friend of 30 years. We were very close and raised our children together. She was the godmother for my children and I for hers. Our children were close friends. For 30 YEARS! One day I tried to call her and she wouldn't return my call. I left messages. I emailed her. I had my oldest daughter call to see if there was some reason my friend was not speaking to me. There has been no response. We didn't have an argument, disagreement, nothing. Now the odd part.

When I complained to some of my other friends about this distressing and inexplicable seeming snub by my lifelong friend SOME of my other friends sympathized and tried to console me and some of them had no idea who I was talking about! We've all known each other since we were teenagers so I know they know who I'm talking about but they seem genuinely concerned for my mental health that I keep complaining about OUR friend who is seeming to snub me. How can they not know her or know who I'm talking about? Initially, I considered that my snubbing friend had decided she didn't want anything to do with me and had convinced some of our mutual friends to deny ever knowing me but that was a ludicrous proposition for several reasons. To this day I have no idea why people claim to not know our friend or why my lifelong friend has not gotten in touch with me.

I don't think I'm crazy but stuff like this will MAKE you crazy. I miss my friend and my relationship with the ones "not remembering" her has caused me to be more reserved around them. There's a whole history I have to be careful to not mention (all the times we all did things together, etc.) because they genuinely have no recollection of this person I'm talking about.

There have also been changes in some of my books. I started to post something on ATS one day and wanted to quote it exactly as I had read it, knew the book in which the information could be found and which side of the page, general area of the book the information was in. I took the book off the shelf and began looking for the picture that accompanied that particular information only to find it no longer in my book. Eventually, I wound up re-reading the entire book just to make sure the information was no longer there. It was gone. I looked through every single book in my library (took weeks) and the information was not in any of them.

I have posted before about items in my house missing only to turn up in places I've already looked several times. It used to happen frequently but has not happened in almost a year now.

These are inexplicable happenings that I don't know how to reconcile. Faulty memory? On some things I could buy that explanation. No one recalls things perfectly but an entire friendship of 30 years? Not likely.

As for the more esoteric postulations like dimensional jumps, alternate time-lines, etc., I just don't know. It all seems a bit far out there but there must be a logical explanation that I have yet to discover. Am keeping an open mind but if LHC, Norway spirals, aliens, or glitches in the matrix are to be used to explain these occurrences, I'd like to know exactly HOW they do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

As for the more esoteric postulations like dimensional jumps, alternate time-lines, etc., I just don't know. It all seems a bit far out there but there must be a logical explanation that I have yet to discover. Am keeping an open mind but if LHC, Norway spirals, aliens, or glitches in the matrix are to be used to explain these occurrences, I'd like to know exactly HOW they do it.

I don't think any of us have the answer as to how. It would be nice to know, as these are a lot of experiences that are off and they seem, for the most part, to be made by rational people.

And, yep my head has hurt for the last few days because of this.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, that is interesting and disturbing, and far fetched, but I believe it. Really anything is possible

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I have pictures of my friend and pictures of us together with other people but curiously (I've never noticed it before), I have no pictures of my friend with those people that claim to not remember her. We were all together at a picnic I had when I bought my house-sort of a house-warming party- and I have pictures from that event with my friend and I know the rest of our friends were there but have no pictures of any of those ones that claim to not remember her.

It's beyond baffling.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ok I might have an explanation for the Oz/NZ thing (for those raised in America anyway)

Last year me and my partner were watching a documentary on one of the BBC channels and it was mentioned in there something about American maps being different to the rest of the world. Anyway did a search on the web and found an article (proper educational site) which said that the USA school system had been teaching kids geography using an altered world map which showed countries in slightly different places and smaller than they are on European maps. It actually showed the maps that the rest of the world use in comparison to the American map. Of course now thanks to the internet people have access to correct maps and this may be why there is a discrepancy between where some people remember NZ and Oz being and where it is shown now on google earth

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This may sound weird but I was in Knoxville on business recently and saw the Tennessee state flag. I don't remember it looking like a Dragonball. I remember the "volunteer" holding his rifle being on that flag. Anyone else remember it that way or am I just going senile early?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have posted before about items in my house missing only to turn up in places I've already looked several times. It used to happen frequently but has not happened in almost a year now.

Whitewave I am interested on this topic of items missing then turning up in places ive already looked. This has happened to me on several occasions the most recent my girlfriend and i were about to leave for the evening and of course the car keys were missing. I remembered them sitting on the couch so we took the couch apart looking for them and found nothing. After putting the couch back together we checked the bedrooms and bathrooms. After finding nothing we came back to the livining room to find the keys laying right on the couch where i originally had left them plain as day. We both looked at each other like we had just seen a ghost. It still gives us chills to this day.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by poker player]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
NO more new threads on here about this topic, please. There are already more than enough...
If you guys are serious about discussing the changes, I think it needs to be in another forum, perhaps Google Groups or if someone can make a webpage with a message board or something like that.
Any new thread started on here will just dissolve into people saying we are crazy and discussions branching WAY off from the intended topic. You saw what happened with these threads. Not that I am against people being skeptical about what is happening to us, but when the thread becomes filled with it, important posts get lost in the sea of "LOL WUT?" posts.
I think a discussion about the changes is a GREAT idea, and one that is really needed. I just don't think this is the place to do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
when i finally pulled up a map to check out this whole Australia issue i couldnt believe it, i also remember it being very far away from any other land mass, but when i asked my husband he remembered as it is on the maps today

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Maybe marriage causes lost truth?

People have to give themselves up to live with one another, so maybe marriage does that... automatically for you without the need to think about it.

Until one day...

..."hey honey, where did you put the..."

EDIT: I think we should rename the other threads... "common ground" =)

[edit on 17-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have an uncle who dropped his favorite hunting knife while using it in his kitchen about 35 years ago. He never heard it hit the linoleum floor. He looked everywhere and never found it. He remodeled the kitchen approx 15 years later, new cabinets, flooring, sink and plumbing.... no sign of it. Could this be a time slip????

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I found my way to this site looking for an explanation into this very phenomenon. In my case and my wife as well, we were browsing Google Earth when I started noticing islands out of place. To me it looked as if the whole planet has reverted to an earlier phase of continental drift, but I could attribute that to a false memory... But geography has always been a favorite subject of mine. So I opened up a few of the atlases I have collected. One in particular is one my dad purchased for me as birthday present. I have memorized this book front to back, when I looked at it to compare it to Google's they were identical.

That is not what bothered me to look into this. I live in the swamps of Louisiana near the gulf. Shore lines have been eroding away for years. Islands have been vanishing. One island in particular is called Grand Isle. I watched this island erode into a small mound of sand over my lifetime. It is back with a town on top of it houses, roads, businesses... I-55 was once over the lake it is now over marsh and dry land.

I encourage you all to look at your local geography rather than halfway around the planet. What changes have occurred there?

As far as evidence goes, NONE
Even my personal (hand drawn) maps of the swamps here (before gps) now show the current reality. It seems only my memories have made the transition.

This "change" has happened within the past month.

I will be looking more into this but this might be related to the creation (or destruction) of a Higgs boson particle in the collider rather than a singularity. What do you think?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by antioch]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Jack Palance died shortly after the making of City Slickers II. That was a real loss to the acting world, imho.

Exactly! City Slickers 2 was released in 1994 - but he died in Nov 2006 apparently. I remember more clearly now; I watched a movie review show on British TV and I remember that was where I saw the interviews with his co-stars talking about his death. So weird

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

The Last time I was down that way was 1995. I had been living in Kentucky, and I DO distinctly remember the "Welcome to Tennessee" sign on I65 and the flag on the sign indeed had the volunteer. I wonder what else has changed...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antioch
I will be looking more into this but this might be related to the creation (or destruction) of a Higgs boson particle in the collider rather than a singularity. What do you think?

Damage to a tree probably would do more than what they think could happen with the LHC.

The LHC is an implosive device. A little extra hydrogen, plutonium, uranium, and it just might destruct the entire world. And, people are worried about Iran... sheesh.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Local changes?

I posted this on the gigantic thread.

I watched a building move. About two feet west.

My reaction was, "Well, that's a good one."

Due to the local geology and snowballing how that would happen - building land use change in the original. Street moved. It finally occured to me that all the streets in the area are the way they are because it is so close to the river. The river bend might be two feet different changing the land use that much.

The whole city is less 200 years old, and all based around the original fort, the original train line, and the original small street grid that was dictated by the river. And the reconstruction after the first fire wiped out of bunch of the original buildings.

If the river was two feet different, one or two of the bends moved by two feet, the land use in the area would be changed by that.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahogany
One weird thing that's happened to me but this was a few years ago is the (to me) mysterious resurrection of the actor Ian McKellen.

Between the releases of two of the movies in the LotR trilogy, I watched the news on TV that said he had died that day. They also said it was sad he had passed away before finishing the trilogy and were wondering if computers could be used to complete his scenes.

I called my brother that same day to let him know and give him the sad news. He was at work and did not see those news. Since then, we all now know he finished the movies and is in fact still alive and working. To this day, my brother still wonders and sometimes mentions that phone call and wonders what I was thinking.

To me it happened.

I vaguely remember this too, but I suspect it's confusion over that magnificent man who was playing Dumbledore.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join