It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Videotaped By News Videographer In 2001 In Lexington, Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have not heard of this before. I lived in Lexington, KY at that time. I searched ATS and there's nothing on this.

The video is very intriguing. It looks like one of those triangle UFOs. It could be a balloon. It could be a military helicopter but Fort Knox is about 1 1/2 hours drive from Lexington.

Since the video has no closed caption, I searched for some information and came across this good article.

WTVQ-TV Newschannel 36, an ABC affiliate in Lexington, reported on their 11:00 p.m. newscast that one of their videographers documented the suspected oddity on Thursday, August 2, 2001 over the city.

The videographer, [name on file, deleted for privacy at this time], informed that he had been interviewing someone at a car wash on Richmond Road for a news segment scheduled for Friday's newscast. The person being interviewed at around 5:30 p.m. first spotted the object and gestured for the news crew to take notice.

"I looked in that direction and this thing was visibly seen with the naked eye," the videographer said, "so I swung my camera around to get a shot of it."

According to the WTVQ-TV videographer, the object seemed to hover in place with no significant upward or downward motion and was a large circular object with dome-shaped center roughly the size of a car or van, according to his estimates.

"This is where it gets weird," he said. "Coming out from the dome are little legs that curve down like triangles or something, and it rotates."

"It has caused a lot of debate here but I'm convinced it is not a balloon," he said.

The WTVQ videographer informed that he had not sought outside consultation to review the tape, such as an astronomer or military consultant. He did advise that the airport was called but their reaction to the inquiry was humorous.

"Until we know otherwise, it's what you want it to be," the videographer said. "I would like to have this explained somehow."

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Aurora.

this is a legit 2nd line.

if not, here's a 3rd.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It did resemble a Black Triangle that many so often report but if you recall the man talking stated that when he first saw it that it looked sorta roundish in shape. This point alone made me wonder when in the TV footage you eventually get a good view if you use the pause button to see that the image is that of a triangle shaped craft.

Fort Knox Kentucky is down the road by UFO standards and so is Fort Knox but the fact that this craft did a shape shift makes me wonder whether we got new players in new technology.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To me it looks like the stealth fighter

There are many military bases near there.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wow - great thread and video!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I've no doubt 'they're' out there - it's good to get a peak at them every so often.

IMO this is one of those *peak* moments...

peace

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

there is a slight problem with that.

The F-117 isn't on duty since April 22nd 2008.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The way it wobbles I doubt this is an airplane. It most likely is a balloon, but as per usual with these videos, they are basically useless to determine with any degree of certainty what we are seeing.

I'll say one more thing—the mysterious music and the voice in the video don't help at all the cause for people to take UFOs seriously. The voice at the end, especially, is quite frankly embarrassing.

Just present the video in a serious fashion! There's no need to include the X-files-like music or stupid voice.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

What's the slight problem? The date of this video is in 2001. The F-117 was made well before then.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by william.gauncents]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

Sorry then. My bad, I though it was recent.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

No problem.

Just to let you know that all you had to do was read the title of the thread.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by william.gauncents]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I find this very interesting. Youtube quality video definitely doesn't make anything provable neither does the music in the background. I wonder if it is possible to get a copy of the original somewhere?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What the hell kind of voice over narration is that? That guy sounds like a complete tool.

As far as the sighting goes ... It's hard to tell what it could be. It has an odd shape though. It does look like a balloon riding the wind current.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have to agree, that narration was weirder than the UFO itself especially when he says......."What is this objeccccctt!"

A tool indeed!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks like a helicopter to me.

If you look at the video enough times it seems like there are small black lines above the object that resemble helicopter blades.

Just what I think.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thanks for posting your interesting video & report, Deaf Alien.

Movement:

The movement does not indicate any level of intelligent control.
The movement appears compatible with drifting & rotating in the wind.

Shape:

The shape appears compatible with that of a balloon.
The "shape changing" appears compatible with that of a balloon rotating in the wind.

Sound Effects:

You gotta love those sound effects

Conclusion:

It's a balloon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I apologize to everyone about the weird music and voice. You cannot blame me as I cannot hear!

I was thinking like the other poster that it may be a helicopter since you could see the faint horizontal line above the object but it's difficult to tell. We need a high quality video.

What the videographer described is very interesting and makes it less likely that it was an helicopter.

new topics

top topics

join