It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space full with ET but why do they not want us to meet or see them?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
Yes, please, let's roll out that old "human beings are too nasty for aliens to want to meet" argument. I swear, you people must have zero self-esteem. Let me tell you something. Human beings are great! Any alien would be lucky to meet us or study us. We're awesome.

With little more than a monkey's brain, we've exploded atoms and landed probes on other planets. Nearly 7 BILLION of us get along pretty good on our relatively small planet, and manage to contain our natural aggressions nicely, in favor of cooperation and trade.

The thing is, if the ecosystem in space turns out to be anything at all like Earth's -- eat or be eaten, only the strongest and most adaptable survive -- then it's not them who should be worried about us, we should be worried about them!

So don't give me any more of that "we're too mean and spiritually unevolved" nonsense. Survival and success, whether it's on Earth or off it, has nothing to do with such value judgments. It's about getting the job done. And at that, we are superb.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by 2000 Yards]

P.S. -- If anything, we're not directly contacted because we're essentially insignificant. In the vastness of space, and in a billion galaxies, we're so close to infinitesimally small that we might as well not even exist.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by 2000 Yards]

Well said....I am a bit....lets say......disappointed by people who say that we are to stupid to understand the meaning of friendship between ET and humans. That we will shoot them up and tear them up at first sight.

Ofcourse there are people who does this.....in every crowd there are idiots...And this MUST an intelligent being as an alien with vortex warp drive understand.

We,...most of us are able to accept alien presence and will welcome their help for preserving our planet and making it a better place for everybody on it.......we are such a friendly species that would invite them to be our guests make it their home on our planet.

Would they be intelligent enough to pick out the people who try to abuse their friendship and intensions for personal greed or power hunger of a nation?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Space is full with ET but why do they not want us to meet or see them?

Because we're not spiritual enough to join them yet. The more advanced extraterrestrial intelligences are intensely spiritual, the rest are merely savage. We're kind of in-between, but we're still more savage than spiritual.

We still have several thousand generations of spiritual evolution ahead of us before the ETs will have anything to do with us.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Thx Captain......gave me something to think about.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
So don't give me any more of that "we're too mean and spiritually unevolved" nonsense.

Well, try asking them the next time they're in town — they're pretty straightforward about their reasons for not "making contact" with us in a very public way. They consistently say "In time, be patient" and stuff like that; but, when you really press them for a reason, they always say "You're not mature in spirit"... They can't abide our spiritual immaturity, okay?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Space is full with ET but why do they not want us to meet or see them?

Because we're not spiritual enough to join them yet. The more advanced extraterrestrial intelligences are intensely spiritual, the rest are merely savage. We're kind of in-between, but we're still more savage than spiritual.

We still have several thousand generations of spiritual evolution ahead of us before the ETs will have anything to do with us.

— Doc Velocity

Where did you get that kowledge from...For all I know the more an intelligent species evolve the more logical they become in their thinking and less spiritual...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Perhaps they feel we are not advanced enough as a civilization or species to be brought into the know. Imagine if you will replacing the people in this video with aliens having this debate and discussing us.

Funny but so true.

We are most likely just some sort of Galactic Ant Farm or an anthropological study of an early self destructive species to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

For all I know the more an intelligent species evolve the more logical they become in their thinking and less spiritual...

Where did you get your information? How many "intelligent species" have you studied? The only "intelligent species" you know of is Humanity, and our intelligence hasn't changed in tens of thousands of years. Today we're as intelligent as we were 35,000 years ago, when we were painting on cave walls with our own fecal matter.

Our intelligence hasn't changed, it hasn't evolved.

We have more "knowledge" today, but that's only a collection of books. If you took a newborn baby today and somehow sent it back 35,000 years to be raised by cavemen, that baby would not grow up to be an intellectual giant — he'd be just another caveman, utilizing the knowledge of cavemen.

Take a cave baby and bring it to the present, and it would grow up playing virtual reality games and texting on his cellphone, just like any other kid. So, Humans have not evolved in their intelligence in ages.

For as long as we have been "intelligent" (as we define intelligence), we have gravitated to spirituality — our spirituality is thousands of years older than our Science and "critical thinking," and our critical thinking is horribly fallible as it attempts to paint the world in black & white with no shades of gray.

Logic only exists in the Human brain, the same organ that invented religion, so logic is no more valid a method of thought than is religion. Human logic exists nowhere else in this Universe, and our logic is probably NOT something that ETs admire or even respect.

Our science, for example, is only half-baked, at best, and has screwed up this planet almost beyond recognition and repair.

If we look around at the other life forms on this planet, those we consider "unintelligent," we do not see those life forms exhibiting signs of spirituality — on the contrary, we see them obeying their savage instincts.

The only "spiritual" animal on Earth is Mankind — and we are spiritual because of our intelligence. Unfortunately, our intelligence is very young, as is our spiritual maturity. We have a lot of growth ahead of us before we're considered mature enough to deal with the intensely spiritual ET intelligences.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Devils Advocate time.

First off not all of us are fighting mad killer bee style humans. There are some extremely spiritual and intellectual people on this planet that represent the best of the human species...yet they are not contacted.

Second...don't undersell humanity. We are a product of this universe much like the rest of the aliens. We probably possess some incredible gifts that they don't have. Don't idolize them, who knows how many wars, false gods, or millions of years it took for them to reach their superior point of view.

Third...we talk of aliens, yet forget we have a few species on this planet that are also intelligent that we don't mind killing because they are in our way. Seriously we want to meet aliens, but who talks of wanting to learn dolphin? Is it because the aliens might give you a shiny space ship or keys to wisdom or "power"? Are you really looking for alien intelligences or are you looking for Santa Claus to make your daily life go away? Why would the aliens want to adopt you?

I don't buy in to the evil human history as being the real reason they don't show. I think you could educate or even genetically manipulate most humans to be more "docile". I work every day with hundreds of different people and don't kill them. We aren't all that bad as much as the media likes to paint us.

My current opinion is that humans don't like feeling "lesser", and the aliens know that, such a revelation would really hurt our development. The aliens are "prepping" us with views, flybys, bits of info, so that we begin to assimilate them into our culture over generations, we need to grow acclimatized. They are going to want to partner with us since they know humans work best when they feel control, not when they are enslaved. You don't throw a 5th grade kid into PhD physics.

People believe in aliens, but people really don't want them in their life if you think about it. I don't...what would I get out of it? It would be like hanging with Bill Gates for a day and realizing I could neither mentally or financially keep pace with the guy, nor would he be that interested in the more down to earth things that I was. Then multiply that by 100 with an alien who has seen hundreds of planets and probably other cultures and could care less about the Super Bowl, women, cars, food, games, or who knows what. We could talk metaphysics (maybe), space, or technology...but how much of that would be one-sided? I'd probably bore to tears an alien. My only interesting thing would be my imagination to him/her.

My other view (not my dominant view but one that seems to see a lot of parallels through global history) is that the aliens really are the same intelligences that were shown to be "faeries" in the past (not Tinkerbell, but the frail greyish humanoids) They can't interact with us, there is some type of parallel universe limit to our interaction...our consciousness can intermingle at times, but not for long. The more I read up on the human like faeries, the more spooked I get with how they acted a lot like "aliens" do today. It'll be interesting when we colonize Mars or the Moon and see if we still see aliens, faeries, or ghosts.

It's going to take time and probably another 100-200 years before full contact is made, though I suspect a limited contact might happen this century to lay the future ground rules. We know they're there, they know it, this isn't about that, it's about where does this relationship go after we meet? We've got some very "contactable" humans here that could handle it, but I think there is a bigger issue of how do we meld together our cultures. Because once you say 'hi' then the next questions go right to mind blowing culture shock, and hearing weird things from an alien that can walk through walls, monitor our every move, and turn off our nervous system with a beam of light is not going to make people comfortable.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
We are most likely just some sort of Galactic Ant Farm or an anthropological study of an early self destructive species to them.

You may have missed the point of the Star Trek dialogue on the Prime Directive... This was a discussion of Gods answering prayers, make no mistake.

The Prime Directive — much cited and much abused in Star Trek lore — was to prevent the Federation from assuming the role of "God" to more primitive civilizations. The Prime Directive was a manifestation of atheism.

Indeed, Capt. Kirk wiped his ass with the Prime Directive so many times, it was amazing that there weren't Kirk Cults scattered all across the Sagittarius Arm of the galaxy. Kirk's repeated decisions to interfere in primitive cultures was a manifestation of Man assuming the role of God, a very spiritual concept, the exact opposite of the Prime Directive.

But the important question is, WHEN do we BECOME Gods? When do we start answering prayers because WE CAN?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

ET are just a modern manifestation of the occult.

We have been conditioned over the last 50 years...
...to see occult manifestations as ET.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
We have been conditioned over the last 50 years...
...to see occult manifestations as ET.

That's just one interpretation. It would be equally valid to interpret our occultism and our religions as our conditioning to see extraterrestrial intervention as devils and angels.

What we've learned over the past 50 or 60 years from anecdotal accounts of contact with ETs is that these "aliens" frequently carry the same messages that "devils" and "angels" delivered to us for thousands of years — warnings of impending events, recommendations that we should change our ways, et cetera. Same messages, but we've probably just misidentified the messengers.

In any event, what we've learned from these encounters is that the "devils" or "angels" or "aliens" do not seem guided by a Prime Directive — they seem intent on interfering with us, except that they fully intend to promote our spirituality, not to bestow technological and scientific knowledge on us.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

But the important question is, when do we BECOME Gods? When do we start answering prayers because WE CAN?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Michio Kaku expounds...

Kaku is a staunch atheist, so I'm not surprised he has compartmentalized his thinking into Type 1, Type 2 and so forth. That doesn't really address the question "When do we BECOME Gods?"

We became Gods when we invented the concept of God and started acting on behalf of God, eradicating nonbelievers and assimilating primitive cultures into our own.

See, we're already Gods, even by our own definition, although we have yet to develop the full power to totally alter physical reality.

The remaining primitive cultures around the world pray to our more advanced civilization, and we answer those prayers with money, food, medicine and relief that would otherwise never materialize to "save" the primitive cultures. We're acting as Gods in Haiti right now, for one example.

As for Kaku's suggestion that we're going to become a Type 1 civilization within a century or less, I take exception. I think he's way off the mark. We will not harness planetary forces within a century, we will not be controlling the weather and earthquakes and volcanoes within a mere century. We're many centuries, if not millennia, away from harnessing planetary forces.

Experimenting with economic systems and communications technology is not an indicator that we're ready to defuse a super-eruption at Yellowstone. We're a long ways off from that sort of power. So, we'll be a Type Zero for a long time yet.

Kaku was also incorrect in identifying a Star Trek civilization as Type 2 and a Star Wars civilization as Type 3. That was a surprising blunder on Kaku's part, considering that he is popularly hailed as a "futurist"...

The Star Trek civilization was not only capable of matter-teleportation technology, they could destroy planets at will, and they could destroy stars and whole planetary systems at will. Beyond that — and I'm amazed that Michio Kaku missed this — the Star Trek civilization was capable of time travel, dating back to the original series, and they frequently utilized wormholes to leap around the galaxy. This was a low Type 3 civilization, i would say.

The Star Wars civilization, on the other hand, was barely capable of destroying a single planet. It was a high Type 1 or a low Type 2, but no higher.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I agree it is a tough and somewhat confusing question. Certainly one reason is that many of them are predatory and not friendly. In other cases the claim has been made that they do not like to be exposed to the thoughts and energies of humans. In other cases, perhaps they have a mission and walk or work among us and would be undermining their mission with exposure just as a spy would be. In some cases, they appear to have contacted people but only selectively.

Clearly the NWO / Illuminati does not want open contact simply because it means an end to their monopoly of control. So an open alien contact would result in false arrest and probably the kidnapping of the "earthlings" contacted as well.

I'm personally just waiting for the day when the good aliens show up at the Macy's or Rose parade and just say hi!

Much of what is displayed on the Smoking Gun video and it's rip offs appear to me to be life forms not space craft. Life is everywhere including in "outer space".

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I feel the aliens of the universe would want to meet and exchange Ideas with us as much as us humans want to meet and exchange ideas with an ant colony.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I feel the aliens of the universe would want to meet and exchange Ideas with us as much as us humans want to meet and exchange ideas with an ant colony.

A really noisy and disorganized and self-destructive ant colony, on top of that. They may be more inclined to exterminate us.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Look at it from their point of view. If the human race ever became space explorers and stumbled upon a planet where its inhabitants were killing themselves with bombs, poisoning their planet, and treating members of their own race differently just for being a different color, would they feel welcomed landing there?

Very well Said...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

They probably look at us in the way we look at the Amazonian ecosystem. They probably decided at some point to avoid meddling too much and just watch in the way we try to with the remnants of the amazonian civilisation, trying to preserve the way of like without destroying it. They monitor but keep their distance and let us make our own destiny as much as possible.

The advent of WMD like thousands of nukes may mean they will break with this keeping the distance approach at some point in the near future and intervene to stop us totally destroying life on Planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The answer is simple and concise. They haven't been invited to our planet, and it isn't safe for them to do that at this time. And so, they have kept their distance. Many factors are involved, but basically, we aren't ready as individuals or as governments.

Times are changing, a quickening is definitely happening. (Some) governments are opening their UFO files. some religions are accepting the idea of ETs, and many millions of people have had one type of UFO experience or another. We are being dragged kicking and screaming into the New World Order like it or not. We are an unstable planet, and that must change. The mood for change is with the people, but the mechanisms for change are with the governments. and they are trying to gingerly implement those changes. That will be the key to our survivial and to qualify ourselves for contact. (And, no, I'm not an Obama fan.)

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
1 - maybe space is so big that they havent found us yet
2 - maybe there are some kind of universal organization that dont let us being contacted unless we evolve
3 - maybe they dont have technology
4 - maybe they are so strange to us that a contact would be the same as we to an ant
5 - maybe there are no other intelligent life that survived the universe enough to evolve to a god like stage
6 - man, the universe is SO BIG
7 - maybe they are already here, if we are like some modification from another species or a copy, maybe they are already here just investigating
8 - they feel we are not ready

well, from many options I considered, I think the most probable are 2, 4 and 7

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join