It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space full with ET but why do they not want us to meet or see them?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Space is full with ET but why do they not want us to meet or see them? If I should belief what I see in those pictures from space-shuttle missions it is clear that the space around Earth is full with UFO's. I assume that they are occupied by intelligent beings or at least made by them.

Why do they not want to show themslves to the common public or take over Earth or whatever. How much nicer is it to live on Earth than to spent your entire life in a spacecraft or on a rocky moon or planet. Can it be that we are their (pet)project and is it all meant to study the interaction of all their manufactured organisms on Earth with us to be the smart ones?

This question has probably been asked before but still I think it is a good and interesting thread for all time.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If space around us is full with intelligent extraterrestrials capable of star travel ,why would they want to meet or see us?
Science/Technology - we are backward.
Religion/Moral - better not to go there, too depressing.
Resources/trade - they have all the space at their feet. Or tentacles. Or whatever. Nothing extraordinary can be found here. Well - except beer or good wine.
Diplomacy/politics - we are non-players compared to them.
Why would they waste energy on us? Mutilating cows or ruining crops with geometry are one thing, engaging in boring fruitless contact is totally different.
Edit:
Forgot to insert an example - would you like to hang out with 1.5 year old toddler or with someone your own age?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Look at it from their point of view. If the human race ever became space explorers and stumbled upon a planet where its inhabitants were killing themselves with bombs, poisoning their planet, and treating members of their own race differently just for being a different color, would they feel welcomed landing there?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
well let's see.....
would you want to drop into an over crowded warehouse of crazy, insane, selfish, greedy creatures with a history of eating each other when desperate, kill each other for money, skin color, culture, your shoes, love, resources and sometimes pleasure and are armed to the teeth???

I didn't think so!!!!!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Emptiness Dancing]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Until Earth gets it s**t together we don't deserve contact. No doubt if a spaceship landed most would run or most would run....for their guns.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by zatara

We're violent and dangerous collectively. We can't even get along with each other. Would be foolish to think we would with another species.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes, please, let's roll out that old "human beings are too nasty for aliens to want to meet" argument. I swear, you people must have zero self-esteem. Let me tell you something. Human beings are great! Any alien would be lucky to meet us or study us. We're awesome.

With little more than a monkey's brain, we've exploded atoms and landed probes on other planets. Nearly 7 BILLION of us get along pretty good on our relatively small planet, and manage to contain our natural aggressions nicely, in favor of cooperation and trade.

The thing is, if the ecosystem in space turns out to be anything at all like Earth's -- eat or be eaten, only the strongest and most adaptable survive -- then it's not them who should be worried about us, we should be worried about them!

So don't give me any more of that "we're too mean and spiritually unevolved" nonsense. Survival and success, whether it's on Earth or off it, has nothing to do with such value judgments. It's about getting the job done. And at that, we are superb.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by 2000 Yards]

P.S. -- If anything, we're not directly contacted because we're essentially insignificant. In the vastness of space, and in a billion galaxies, we're so close to infinitesimally small that we might as well not even exist.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

Well said!

If we were at the stage of space exploration, and came across a similar planet with wars, poverty and greed, I'm sure we would want to help them out rather than just leave them.

And, as yards said, we are a great species! Our advances and creations are incredible for having only been a civilization for a few thousand years.

Our capacity to destroy and hate is only rivaled, and far surpassed, for our capacity to create and love.

But I think that the reason why no ET's have made contact, is because they don't want to interfere with out own development as a species.

Would you give a kindergartner a grade 12 workbook, along with all the answers, and expect them to understand it and make it useful to themselves?

I sure wouldn't, and same things goes for ET's.

If any were to land, they may seem great at first, but they would either:

a. Be treated as gods
b. be treated as invaders
c. be liked at first, but then hated for not fixing all our problems

Until they feel we have come to a point were we are ready for contact (which I think is pretty soon), they will just keep their positions as observers.

[edit on 22/1/1010 by Monts]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by 2000 Yards

A person CAN BE awesome, smart or whatever. But people collectively are dumb panicky animals and you know it. First, we'd want what they have. And if they didn't give it to us we'd take it by force if need be. But, if they did help us out we would eventually become over dependant on them and get angry and with them and think they were holding out on us OR we would come to see them as competition or a threat. Read your history books or the news paper.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

That said, you have to know that sooner or later someone would take a shot at one of them. Its possible countries would declare war on the 'invaders'

While I think most of us would be bored and back to business as usual in two weeks, I'd think the religious institutions would be a major problem. They'd spread ideas about the visitors that would be flat untrue, they'd call them Angels and Demons, ad nauseum, and their followers would kneejerk along lockstep.

There'd be the "Save Us From Ourselves" crew. Help us this, help us that. Blah.

We're a bunch of backwater hicks.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Simply put we are not ready. We'll need a global revolution on all levels before they would accept us. Sadly, this world only has emotional reactions to disasters so I'm afraid it won't be peaceful.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well the crazy thought sometimes passes through my mind.... What if we are at the stage Sodom & Gommorrah was at when they may have decided man had royally screwed up and proceeded to flood the planet and restart their little "Terrarium"?

We obviously are not ready as a species to go to the next higher level. Here in our 21st century we are killing each other in a religious war with a bunch of barbarians who want to live in the stone age instead of reaching for the stars.

Would not really surprise me if 2012 were literally a "planet cleaning" operation.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Forgot to insert an example - would you like to hang out with 1.5 year old toddler or with someone your own age?

I actually look at it more from the approach of:

Would you rather hang out with a bunch of ants all hanging around a big ant hill, or would you rather hang out with some human beings?

Heck, even people who are ant experts and study them don't socialize with them, at least, not the ones that aren't slightly crazy.

Realistically I can't fathom why an alien intelligence that is capable of the technological feat of traveling hundreds of light years (or more) would want anything to do with us short of studying us to figure out if they'll need to worry about us screwing up the galaxy a few hundred years from now. Unfortunately based on our track record, if that's the case, said aliens are probably pretty worried about us if we ever achieved interstellar travel.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Perhaps they feel we are not advanced enough as a civilization or species to be brought into the know. Imagine if you will replacing the people in this video with aliens having this debate and discussing us.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe aliens have met some humans aleady. I can think of a few people who I have met, and then met their families, and I don't want to ever interact with any of them again.
Maybe this happens when alien races meet some humans. If I wasn't from Earth, hmm....who knows, maybe I'm not..............I'd rather visit a race of beings like the indigenous peoples of Pandora instead of Earth. I had to toss in the reference to Avatar because I just finally watched it today. And, no, I don't feel depressed and suicidal after having seen it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Because universally speaking we SUCK. However individually some of us rock, this is why some people are contactees.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There have been 'leaks' suggesting that official contact has already begun, but until we have actual confirmation I would take that with a pinch of salt. I love the Conformers story, not least because it is so imaginative and outlandish it might, just might, actually have some element of truth.

The Drake Equation suggests our Universe, and the Milky Way, is teeming with intelligent life. If that is true, then some of those species will have made it to interstellar, galactic and even universal civilisations, perhaps even trans-dimensional. However, as has been suggested, perhaps they take a 'hands off' approach because interference could cause many more problems than it fixes. A civilisation would have to be stable and advanced enough in order to warrant an approach.

I'm willing to guess that most level 0-1 civilisations, if left to their own devices, don't make it. Probably because they destroy themselves before they reach a level of stability and sustainability. We have no real knowledge of what really happens as we have no historical template or guide to refer to. Perhaps aliens are that altruistic and value intelligent life enough that ALL, or most, emerging civilisations are saved from self destruction. In which case, we might have nothing to fear.

However, we live in a world of emerging pandemics, biological warfare, nuclear weapons, despotic megalomaniacal psychopaths. I'd say we have about a 50/50 chance. Our Achilles Heal, our biggest flaw - although paradoxically a partial driver of our success - is our greed (free market economies) and tendency to violence (the war machine). If we can curb these, we might be most of the way there.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on first contact occurring when certain milestones are reached - permanent bases established off planet on other planetary bodies (the Moon, Mars, etc), fusion energy, or interception of their communications and so on. I'd also put money on them watching us closely with probes right now (orbs?), until the time is right for the big reveal, or alternatively we mess up and end up destroying ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised by intervention of a different kind - for example, a warmongering, dangerous civilisation that by some miracles makes it to Level 1 might need to be quarantined, neutralised, contained or possibly even destroyed in order to protect the universal status quo. (And I'm not talking middle-aged axe grinders.) lol

Great topic and food for thought!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Or just mabye, all of the mysterious phenomena or ufo's are part of a type 3 civilisation.

All across the galaxy, they stationed little self containing and reproducing robot. Just to observe.

It would definitly explain why they are there observing.Yet, no contact is made.

At least those of us who are on a not need to no basis.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Absolutely!

Would explain the massive orange orb phenomena that's been happening across the globe over the last few years.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Look at it from their point of view. If the human race ever became space explorers and stumbled upon a planet where its inhabitants were killing themselves with bombs, poisoning their planet, and treating members of their own race differently just for being a different color, would they feel welcomed landing there?

No...but should wisdom and respect for life in the universe not be a motive to land and try to show these confused and struggling humans what direction is best to take and help them with some of the big problems they have?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join