It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest inquiry, What do YOU hate about America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

[[ I do not hate anything, but I find the very inception of it thoroughly disgusting. It was started like Isreal, ILLEGALLY. ]]

Well, that just goes to show you, how easy it is to mess with people who have no idea that the USA is a result of bible prophecy.

I'm sure you don't believe that, but it's true.

Gods ways, are not mans ways, nor are His reasons, mans reasons. That's one of the hardest things to understand especially if you're not a believer. Even many believers never heard this about the USA, which is also in prophecy.

Our country and people are of the Abrahamic covenant! Yup, I know that runs contrary to popular opinion. But Gods laws and promises are not part of a popularity contest, they just ARE what they are.!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

The conservatives? The south? What do you hate about us? If I may ask? I am both why would you hate me, you do not know me?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It‘s ironic to be labelled a "hating folks" while most of us are merely expressing an opinion and sometimes this opinion happens to be criticising the policies and/or other whatever stuff....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I hate the patriotic nature of the people.

I hate how the people wear their political views on their sleeve and feel the need to go around talking about their political stance when no one actually cares.

I hate the fact that this country falls for the left and right wing crap more than any other country. I don't care if you're smarter than me and have a degree in a whole bunch of things. You're plain thick to see that the left and right wing factions end up with the same results everytime.

Most of all, though, I hate the fact that if America goes down it will take the entire world with it.

I really don't like America at all, but I like some of the people (most ATS users and others) in the country.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think that some of the replies in this thread pretty much sum up exactly what people hate about america.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I dislike the fact that the U.S. now classifies itself as a Christian country, when the founding fathers (mainly William Penn) wanted complete religious freedom (secularism) for folks over there. The Christians have yet again soiled something pure.

I dislike the fact that so many American folks have let themselves go intellectually. I don't believe this is entirely their fault, neither do I suggest that ALL American folks are this way. There's just too many that have. It shows on ATS alot of the time just how dim alot of Americans are - especially when it comes to the rest of the world.

I dislike the American attitude to the rest of the world. AMERICA RULES! SCREW WITH US AND WE'LL BLOW YOU AWAY! I'M A MARINE AND I SAY YOU'RE WRONG - DISAGREE AND YOU'RE SCUM! CHRISTIANITY IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE - AGREE OR DIE! A list of the thing of the things I've heard Americans say. The total and uncompromising lack of education and experience that most Americans seem to have about the world outside of their borders is stunning. Worse still, they don't seem to WANT to know the real story. They're the true MTV generation.

Americans don't get irony. Their sense of humour is usually simple at best - but then America did produce Bill Maher... how did that happen?

Most of all, I get annoyed by American school children that have learnt to use the internet. I'm fairly sure most TROLLS on the net are actually American high school children with daddy issues. Yes there are far too many of them on ATS.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm lucky to have visited tthe US on many times, through my dad being a Trolley Dolley for an Airline. ive been to LA driving to the Grand Canyon, through to las vegas and Death Valley and Yosimite national park. More recently I was in Chicago and it was windy. every American i have met has been really polite and friendly(apart from at the airports). It's an amazing country and you can see why so many want to go and live there.

Americans girls also love the british accent too. I really ham it up Hugh Grant style

I 'd move to the US if i could afford it and if they'd let me in.

just thought i'd put forward a few positives from my own experience.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The only thing I actually hate about America is the very belligerent foreign policy & the military industrial complex that implements it. I get alternatively worried & annoyed by traits American culture seems to promote, based on the Americans I have/do know or correspond with: arrogance & over-competitiveness.
Combined with the belligerence & MIC, these are very worrying. Add to this the degree of religiosity & its an extremely scary recipe for continuous war.
I'm not at all surprised by the growing polarisation of US politics as I see it as a product of the above mix. We're starting to see similar beginning in the UK, which is no surprise since for 20yrs we've been exposed to more & more American culture. I'll admit to resenting that too.
It has to be noted tho that for 30yrs TPTB have really understood how to implement 'divide & conquer' in modern times, by the creation of, mostly false, dichotomy. To get Hegelian, if the thesis has no antithesis but rather a non sequitur, there can be no synthesis: ie no productive debate. It may be that there's nothing Americans can do about this.
Things are being done tho. By reducing military spending & investing in infrastructure, both China & Russia have become much more economally powerful & moves are being made amongst others also to end the dominance of the US$. I fear that the US only has 1 response to increased competition for resources tho: war.
War is wrong. War for profit is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The people say it is ok so the US should stay out?

The people number more than the rulers, therefore they shold rise up and change their leaders, it should not be the responsibility of the United States to do this. Sadly, America only intervenes when it is beneficial to them...i;e: oil.

What I hate about America is that they try and convince the world they are only in Afghanistan/Iraq/ ect; to HELP people, to bring freedom, to assure security...

The truth is that USA Inc.'s motives are NOT pure, are not about helping anyone but themselves.

Furthermore what I hate about America is that its people ( I hate this about every nation actually) are lulled to sleep by stuff which is probably not very good for them. Don't question your govenment if you want to keep your shniy gadgets and take outs...

What I love about America? My brothers, nieces, nephews - They are all Americans.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What do I hate about America..?

*Outdated and pointless Laws*
Such as(one example)...
Drug Laws.
The fact that if someone smokes a doobie, that they could be prevented from getting a job to support their family. This is SUPPOSED to be a free country, but more and more it is turning into something completely different because of the outdated laws, pop culture, corrupt officials, and false promises.
Another thing I dislike about America, is the fact that people turn a blind eye when someone from their "party" does something that they know is not in the best interests of their neighbors, just for the sake of saving face (but this part is NOT just limited to America, this is a global problem).

When it comes to the people...I believe Americans are no different than anyone else. I dont think it matters what country one is from, humans are humans, and we ALL live by the same instincts. The only thing that makes us different is our laws and what we can, and cannot get away with.
I think people who bash on Americans really dont know why they are bashing on Americans, they just do it because they dont understand our point of view, just as we dont understand theirs. Most of the time when bad things happen in other nations while we are there, it is not because of us Americans, it is because of certain individuals who control our foreign policy(corrupt politicians who only look after their own interests, and private buisness owners who only care about making money).
It is not an American problem, its a corrupt political problem that we as a nation(people) have to fix.
The people here in America represent EVERYONE from around the globe, not just "Americans".
This nation was built on principles that other nations could only dream of, this is why we as a nation are so involved around the world(And Im not talking militarily). Everyone wants a piece of America, for good and bad reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The human condition, is international. But the people in the uSA may be a particular karmic worse case in some areas.

Because of the abundance of "opportunity" and the abundance of immigrants the people where either preoccupied or ignorant of their rights. That ignorance became institutionalized to by the educational system. Pretty much every city had masonic lodges that served the purpose of watch gods and infiltrators where necessary.

The promotion of entertainment further facilitated distraction and we are now multiple generations into a population that is either brutalized by the military experience or into selfish escapism.

The #1 problem is that the hierarchy of "authorities" are traitors to humanity. People like cops, for example, feel they have to "do as their told", no matter how unlawful it is, in order to hold their jobs or be accepted by the other cattle they work with. This is consistent with most businesses. Licensing and taxation are leverage and companies have employees fill out tax forms so the company can avoid making waves with the government even though no such thing is required of them. The State is obedient to the fed when the opposition is the true relationship. Basically in a nut shell the infiltration by the Illuminati/NWO into the hierarchy of authority allows them to subjugate people and institutionalize criminal activity.

Putting it another way, the #1 problem is that people do not have a real, true and abiding reliance on the True Supreme Being. This is because their karmic condition doesn't facility it. If it did, they would not be placing their trust anywhere else. The burden and responsibility for the welfare of every individual spirit sits squarely on the shoulders of the True Supreme Being. The True Supreme Being has created and maintains everything and will provide all necessary assistance to bear the trails and difficulties or to remove them from your path as necessary. For the most part this is happening now, but greater assistance is also available. A deep reliance should be placed on him and him alone who is the source of all and who remains in the highest state possible. Relying on weak and corrupt or corruptible humans or their institutions is a guaranteed recipe for failure. Only the True Supreme Being is all merciful with no ulterior motive and interested solely in our true spiritual well being.

Now the selfish small minds will intellectualize "Oh then why doesn't 'God' do this or stop that?" the answer is simple, people don't really want the Supreme Being they just want their selfish indulgence. When the time comes when they realize their best interest is to pay attention to the highest and purest spirituality possible they will establish an affinity that will benefit their higher self beyond measure. Until then, they will only get what they want or pay the price for what they wanted.

The bottom line is the creation, including the uSA, is perfect and working just fine. The regions of matter are like a rock polisher and we're the rocks.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What I hate about America is the fact that it's become a police state and our right are being taken away one by one.
How America is the SECOND to last dumbest country out there
How people think ALL Americans are fat

And what I hate the most about America,is the fact that its my home country..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I for one do not hate ALL americans I do detest the heirarchy though, the decisions that are made by these people worsten the lives of the poor and improve the lives of the rich.

When I say worsten I mean worsten for example:

1.Leave people homeless
2.Leave people unable to feed their children
3.Turn families against each other
4.Incite discrimination against different races
5.Cause people to take their own lives
6.Destroy the lives of innocent human beings
7.Create mayhem in different countries for their own wealth and power
8.Turn the screw on the people from around the world so that everything we do benefits them
9.Changes the rules when it suits them
10.Creates TERROR around the globe by creating a myth.
11.Kills its own citizens.

I could go on but I don't have the time, I am sure someone will take over from me.........

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think American people are the most odd breed ever, i mean i know everyone is an idividual but americans ALL seem to be sort of the same with regards to their reactions of being waaaay over the top, everything is drama drama drama, they are very rightious people, i just find their whole attitude to most things be it good or bad very irritating but still love them as you are all my family-they are just very different from all other countries.But then again you only have to look at the absolute state of America...illuminati central, extremes of everything. a beautiful country taking all the money,power, and lies out of it oh and industrialism...but the people in it are just so...annoying!!!

Sorry Guys

Hayley UK

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hayley777

Glad to be of service.

I have to agree, are you partly saying narcissistic. I have always felt it is partially that, the ability to make things about me, me, me.....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I dislike how they seem to not know much about the world outside america, until they grow up and choose to learn.

I dislike how every damn disaster movie revolves around america and we ALWAYS get left out.

I dislike how you have shops open 24/7 and i have to get my **** done before 5:30, except on thursday nights when they give me until 9pm.

I dislike the cheesy american pride lines that fill up most movies and TV shows.

I HATE how anti-gay most of america seems to be.

I do like - the country itself, it looks like there are some pretty places to visit (like i've mentioned not in my top 10 to visit, and i probably never will, but hey.)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
First of all let me say I don't hate the USA. I've been to California, Nevada and Arizona a few years back and I came home with a very positive view of the USA.

I talked to a lot of people while I was there and what most impressed me was that most of them were proud to live in their country. I don't think that's bad at all. Here in Europe most people don't care about their country. I mean this is the place they've been born and raised and you still don't even feel a little bit proud to live here. That says a lot about Europe.

While I was travelling there I saw some of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life. The Grand Canyon, Death Valley, those seqioia trees, Yosemite park, Las Vegas, Golden Gate Bridge. We don't have such stuff in Europe. We cut down all our natural beauty centuries ago. As a country, I like USA so much, that when Bush got reelected and it became even more popular in Europe to bash on the USA, I told all my friends that they shouldn't just judge the USA if they've never been there.

What I don't like is how the government of USA seems to have this idea that since they have the most guns, they have the right to tell us what's right or wrong. It's the dark side of that pride I talked about earlier. Often when there's a discussion about america on youtube there always has to be one guy who says "you europeans have to shut up. If it wasn't for us, you would all be speaking German. We have the best country ever.". Really? By that same reasoning I should still be hating the Germans now for what they did before I (and most Germans now) were born. That's the main issue every European has with America.

Come on USA. You guys have a beautiful country. You're just allowing it to be run by insane, arrogant psychopaths. Just like we Europeans are letting our beautiful continent go to hell by our governments. I think the best thing we can do is: You guys overthrow your government, we guys overthrow ours and then we can finally work together like normal human beings.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Things like this guy in CA trying to help the homeless and the city fighting him on it, even though he is doing it on his farm.

video.nytimes.com... NYT-MOD-MOD-M132-ROS-0110-HDR&WT.mc_ev=click

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Corporate banks
US Gov
CIA
Monsanto
Preemptive war
Occupation of other countries
Def budget
FED
Fast food chains
FDA
Patriot Act
All the false flags
Wall Street
HAARP
CFR

Notice there isn't anything I hate about the constitution or the people in general. The USA once was the greatest country in the world and a manufacturing powerhouse. Now the US has been taken hostage by criminals. I love capitalism, but I'm 100% against corporatism. Take your country back!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by abluecollarvoice

Just watched the video, that right there is one of the main problems of our country.

Jeez, when will the people wake up? It isn't zoned for that-translation-you haven't bribed the right people and paid for the right to be a charitable organization.

Thanks for the vid. Just gets me worked up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join