It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving because of Racial and Ethnic discrimination... where should I move to?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Come to California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, area.

Where I used to work we got this guy from Morocco, we treated him like everyone else though he could barely speak english, after I got to know him some, it turned out he was a tribeleader back home, in fact he didn't even need the job, I think he took it just to make friends, because his people sent him check's periodicaly for thousands of dollars, he looked kinda like a dirty immigrant, ... but he didn't go anywhere without a huge wad of hundred dollar bills in his pocket. I think he was pulling some kind of " Coming to America " Scheme, ya know like Eddie Murphy.

anyways, immigrants seem to love it here, great weather, laid back people.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
I recently came to America on a college transfer program. During those 5 months, I was severely discriminated against by the white people in America. I know for a fact it is because I have a mixed ethnic background, and for some reason, people in America think I am an illegal immigrant from Mexico! It's so ridiculous. I am currently on winter break, and am planning on going to college somewhere else now. Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?

how about back in your own country.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm gonna say vancouver, canada.
It's such a [snip]of east indians, asians, natives and white folk.
Not alot of [snip] but they just blend in with the mix.
Does that sound racist? j/k
We don't have war mongers for leaders, and it's the place least affected by the economic downturn.

Mod Edit:
www.abovetopsecret.com...]Please Do Not Evade Automatic Censors
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by dnaobs]

[edit on 12-17-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know about NY, and can't say for a 100% certainty about Portland because I have only just visited there, San Fransisco and Seattle I do have first hand experience. In the Bay area you have the whites against the Latinos and in Seattle they tend to hate everyone who is not a native born, so you aren't going to escape it by going to either one of those places either.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yeah, I am a pasty-face too
I live in an area where there is a huge influx of immigrants from Mexico. I enjoy the different cultures mixing, I have recently been to my first quincinera(sp?) ,although, it was uncomfortable at first, I needed to be there because my good buddies' family invited me.

All the BS fell away when the beer was opened

If you want to hear a real funny story I could regale you with tales of my visits to my one of my best friend's (African-American, but he prefers Black-American because he's "never been to Africa") family reunions.

Ultimately, everyone turns to dust and then we will look the same....

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will
be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background

You might consider looking at Canada, anywhere outside of Quebec.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just move to any major urban city in America. White people are murdered on site in most urban areas, I'm sure you'll fit right in. Now how about what really happened...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I recently came to America on a college transfer program. During those 5 months, I was severely discriminated against by the white people in America. I know for a fact it is because I have a mixed ethnic background, and for some reason, people in America think I am an illegal immigrant from Mexico! It's so ridiculous. I am currently on winter break, and am planning on going to college somewhere else now. Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?
you could have been under

I am sorry you went through this. Most Americans are considerate and with-hold judgement untill the facts can be revealed. I don't doub't, in the historic context just about every one on Earth has had to suffer this type of profiling. I raised the issue with a guy I know at the State Department. His respose was simple: "Let me get this by the numbers. If you drop personal profiles, should we arrest or detain Catholic nuns just to be fair?" He had a point

My only suggestion is to try to put this circus in the context of our times. I ran into a problem when I needed to catch a plane from the midwest to the east. I hold a very high security level. But someone out there has my name, and he's on the no fly list. Getting that problem solved was as fun as passing a kidney stone

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I recently came to America on a college transfer program. During those 5 months, I was severely discriminated against by the white people in America... Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?

Yeah, American racism is crazy... they'll refuse to serve you at restaurants, security guards will drag you into back offices and torture you, and your co-workers will flat out ignore you.

But that's not the crazy part! The crazy part is that if you ever say anything, then you're playing the "race card"! According to white America, there is no racism!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
[ For many it's simply about bashing minorities, using illegal immigration as a cover.

Yeah, that is why Blacks have the biggest problems with Illegal Immigrants, I guess because they are simply looking to "Bash Minorities". What a ludicrous assumption.

So you're saying my and her experience and even questioning individuals on the matter is an assumption? Isn't THAT an assumption?

I would like a source for that claim by the way. It could be that blacks actually tend to care about the illegal aspect. So far blacks have NOT been a contributer to the rudeness and none of her family members have reported it so.

I'm not sure why the red herring is being introduced.

As or the "Racism" issue, this sounds like a trolling thread. Racism exists ALL over the world, and anyone who thinks that the United States is somehow the gate keeper or sole purveyor of such, is ignorant themselves.

Did I say we run that monopoly as well? I don't think so. If it exists all over the world or in my back yard, it's not the model I choose to personally follow.

As a matter of fact, the U.S. is among the most accepting of countries upon this Planet, and I know it for a fact. 90% of my friends are Immigrants, most first generation, and they never understand these claims that people consistently toss about in regards to "Racism" in this nation.

Hmmm...the X number of my friends are minorities, black, brown, purple, etc. (which I am guessing you are implying by "immigrants", perhaps an unconscious slip?) claim. What do you mean exactly?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will
be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background

You might consider looking at Canada, anywhere outside of Quebec.

Yeah, Toronto is highly tolerant, no doubt about it.
I actually went to Toronto and forgot about the racism, came back to America, and mall security had me at gun point the next morning.
I would imagine Quebec isn't friendly, since the French are a racist bunch.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Come to NYC.

Most Racists don't do well here for very long.
If nothing else they learn to keep their mouths shut in public.

Don't trust police of any color.

I bet you thought this place was a lot less racist.

Surprise!!!!!

Welcome of the land of the free, it can be heaven or hell, it's up to you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ask yourself if it is really racism or is it poverty and unemployment troubling you. Many white people who are not doing well feel that if they were a minority they would be more employable. If prosperity is the problem you may need a more prosperous country. Think about China.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
look for "melting pot" areas if you know what i mean.

I must agree. My son is mixed (black and white) and we have had very few problems, although there have been some. It does depend on where you are, geographically but more than that, like this person said, certain areas of cities, at least here in Birmingham, AL, are very diverse, and proud of it. We live in Southside, an artist/musician/student area. It's the best, even though it's still in Alabama. We also have a very diverse population. In my neighborhood, we have Pakistani, Syrian, African, European, white, black, Latino, Hispanic, you name it, and we may not all be best friends, but we all enjoy the results, like ethnic foods and shops, diverse music, and a blossoming multi-culturalism.
Definitely don't let them wear you down, but if you want to move, stay in the areas surrounding colleges, and in the major cities, for sure. Good luck and God bless you, friend. We're not all like that, after all. So welcome to America.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Get over it go to school and get your education.

Racism happens in every country, your just on the wrong side of the coin. It's no big deal.

Just don't let it get to you and act like Fez from that 70 show. You'll be fine.

I'm from Mexico, I was born in Mexico and had to face a lot of racism in Mexico not because my father is a white American, but rather because I am only half white lol. Go figure that one out.

But I got over it and so should you.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
Just move to any major urban city in America. White people are murdered on site in most urban areas, I'm sure you'll fit right in. Now how about what really happened...

Sure enough you just had to blow in with some hate right?
Obviously the OP must have met people like you.

White people don't get murdered on the spot in NYC, but people with an attitude like yours get tagged. Nothing final, nobody has to die. Just a little attitude adjustment.

I have yet to kill anyone, but I sure have had my share of fun pointing out the obvious to people who behave like you do.

Come and visit, we love tourists.
Just be civilized and you will love New York.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

Originally posted by shai hulud

Sure enough you just had to blow in with some hate right?
Obviously the OP must have met people like you.

White people don't get murdered on the spot in NYC, but people with an attitude like yours get tagged. Nothing final, nobody has to die. Just a little attitude adjustment.

I have yet to kill anyone, but I sure have had my share of fun pointing out the obvious to people who behave like you do.

Come and visit, we love tourists.
Just be civilized and you will love New York.

Dude!!

Just because your not white does not make this comment of yours any less racist!

Tagging whit people is racist, you must be Puerto Rican lol. Don't go to South Boston, that's where my dads from and they don't take kindly to getting"TAGGED".

RED SOCKS ROCK!!!!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

During those 5 months, I was severely discriminated against by the white people in America.

When did I discriminate against you? I don't even know you.

I know for a fact it is because I have a mixed ethnic background, and for some reason, people in America think I am an illegal immigrant from Mexico!

Well, I can't speak on those off campus, but if you were an illegal immigrant, you wouldn't be able to get into school here. So I doubt that the vast majority of the students on campus think you're an illegal immigrant. Chances are, you weren't accepted because of something no less childish than racism - you wear glasses, your accent, you're an outsider, etc. American college kids can be stupid like that.

I am currently on winter break, and am planning on going to college somewhere else now.

You better hurry. Classes start up again in a few weeks.

Does anyone know anywhere on this earth where I will be accepted as a person of mixed ethnic background and not be discriminated against for my race and skin color?

I saw someone suggest Mars. I'm going to suggest Io. There are people on Mars who get a kick out of destroying whatever probe we send their way. So I think it's safe to say that they're not real receptive to new people and new cultures. Whereas on Io, if Jupiter's magnetic field won't get you, the volcanoes and lava will. You just need to figure out a way to protect yourself from both.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You know what? I'm not sad to this. Racism exists. It will always continue to exist. Sure, it's not exactly "morally right" just to not like someone because of their race, but at least we here in America still have the freedom to not like somebody just because. We still have the freedom to not have to be around big bad whitie who makes fun of us. We also still have the freedom not to be titty babies about it either.

And last but not least, having racism around should prove that at least we still have the brain capacity to think, and that we're not all robots.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah,
It gets old hearing about what an evil racist scumbag I am because I'm white.

I don't remember discriminating against any body.

I don't remember picking on somebody of another race or keeping any body down.

I definitely haven't ever singled out somebody of another race to hurt them or take something from them.

I guess I'm just crazy or something .

I've got to be evil. I'm white.

I still don't wallow in self loathing or fall over myself trying to explain to the rest of the world why I'm a scumbag and don't deserve to breathe the same oxygen as all of the other races because I've got pale skin.

Wow. I'm just awful.

Must have been me that ran you off.

I'm terribly white.

Maybe you should move to Houston. White people are a minority there now. With any luck they will all be dead, run off, bred out or killed within a few decades.

Yeah, that'll be perfect.

Don't give up on the states just yet. Hatred of white people is on the rise and being widely practiced now.

Maybe if you hang around long enough you can get into some of the roving lynch parties that kill off the last of the pale faces.

Good luck.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by badgerprints]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join