It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is finally done! No more blood sucking!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

What you did was futile. But better you leave with a good feeling than suicidal, i guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You did a very nice thing by paying off your parents mortgage for them.

Stay safe in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You sound like a man on a mission... you should turn your guns away from civilians and fake 'enemies of the USA' and towards the real enemies, the bankers and the politicians. THEN, you will be a true hero.

The tree of liberty must be watered on occasion with the blood of patriots and politicians alike.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow...now that's what I call "walking it out." You deserve a Medal of Honor.
A lot of people blow off their frustrations with hot words, but never take any actions to make things right. I respect you in many ways and I hope the blessings return to you in the same way you have taken care of your parents.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well done! Your money in the bank would eventually be worthless anyway with the current path our government officials are taking us down. One thing to keep in mind though is that despite what you've done the government can come and take it away in a heartbeat. You can look it up, it's been explored here on ATS ad infinitum. Don't be discouraged, you've done your best within the confines of their game.

The key now is to convince your parents not to get back in debt and that will be a challenge. A blown water heater, furnace, new roof, a car, illness or just about anything unforeseen can put them back on the chain gang of debt. You must convince them to just say no (as far as possible). Build an emergency cash reserve. Get rid of the credit cards, keep one with a small limit that they can set themselves. People will tell you canceling credit cards can hurt your credit rating. So freakin' what, that's a scam too!

Try to do the same for yourself moving forward. This is all just my inexpert opinion. Good luck with your future endeavors. Stay safe overseas!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
... not be a selfish person and to make changes happen...

How is going to Iraq to kill other people not selfish? Can you be more specific about what changes did you make to become so selfless that violence in the name of self interest (or family) becomes called selflessness?

It does not make any sense what you are saying. Sorry mate.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just red the rest of the comments - I can not believe NO ONE sees the contradiction in saying: "I am going to be violent - what a selfless act this is."

This is truly disturbing to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No good deed will come back void. In the future we will have to band together as neighbors and family to survive as a whole. We will grow by doing this. Perhaps we'll even relearn old values lost in the age of consumerism. There really is more to life than the accumulation of worthless stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
... not be a selfish person and to make changes happen...

How is going to Iraq to kill other people not selfish? Can you be more specific about what changes did you make to become so selfless that violence in the name of self interest (or family) becomes called selflessness?

It does not make any sense what you are saying. Sorry mate.

He's probably going to Iraq because he was ordered to go by BigGov.

If you are so concerned, perhaps you should offer to go in his stead.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Just red the rest of the comments - I can not believe NO ONE sees the contradiction in saying: "I am going to be violent - what a selfless act this is."

This is truly disturbing to me.

Its truly disturbing to me that you, whilst sitting in the comfort of your home, in front of your PC are criticising a soldier going off to do his duty. Just because he is a soldier does not mean he will kill others, just that he may have to if the situation dictates. You clearly show your ignorance of what serving in the military involves, and in the future you would do well to think before you type

I guess the closest you have ever come to conflict or soldiering is playing Halo, whilst your mother brings you in cups of hot chocolate and marsh mellows?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, Stop-loss!

With military fuel costs of upwards to $42 a gallon (to delivered point) and soldiers lost to ieds along roads, the military has been investing in other sources of power, such as solar and wind. You might want to check out what you can over there, ideas to use once you get home.

Alternative sources of energy, along with conservation through application of simple/different methods, should not only be used by the United States military to "eat its tail" but by the country as a whole to "eat its tail".

[edit on 28-11-2009 by desert]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

What you did was futile. But better you leave with a good feeling than suicidal, i guess.

I would like to tell you EXACTLY how I feel about your statement and you...but there are moderators.

Stop Loss,

you're parents have proof that they accomplished their mission to raise an exceptional human being. You are the reason I continue to say we have NOTHING to fear from our own service people if SHTF over here.

May the Maker of us all enshroud you in blankets of light. May you have phalanx after phalanx of angels before, behind, and about you and your comrades to defend you all and deflect all danger.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You, sir, are an example of manhood we would all do well to emulate.

All I can say is wow. The spirit of personal sacrifice you have shown, and the nobility of what you have done goes beyond words to being the real deal.

It is a shame that the banks have profited from your selfless act, but that fact does not diminish your having done it.

Thank you for being a human being and not just a human seeming, as my karate instructor would say.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
just to be safe id keep an eye on the bank situation they are some dirty ****'s i had a credit card with them and they would hit me up for overdraft charges monthly even though i was well within my limits bank of america does not give a crap about whats legal they just want to make every penny they can possibly milk out of anyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I feel like kidnapping you and hiding you away somewhere super-safe as the last best example of mankind!!

Much luv and stay safe!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you come back, you might get the house 20 years later.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
*salute*

Good luck out there. Try to keep your backside in one piece so you can get back home.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I salute you Sr.

I hope that the fates bind so that you can come back safe.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You are an inspiration, thank you and may God bless you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If this kind of care was shown by every person we would virtually live in a utopia society. I am glad you see it as you still have your life and decided to help out people who can't work anymore. Sacrifice and a little hard work could
take us far in life, if we all worked together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join