It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is finally done! No more blood sucking!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I did it! I have finally stopped Bank of America from screwing my parents up with high interest rates for the house, but it cost me everything! I no longer have any CD accounts and my checking account is dry to the bone, and im going back to Iraq on sunday morning. I had to at least do something for my parents so that my dad can retire in 5 years or less when he turns 65 I would be damned if they would lose the house when I can do something about it. If I should die in Iraq, at least it wont be in vain now that I have done one final good deed to those that I care about. After years of saving up for rainy days I am officially broke like people here on ATS but I regret none of it! I will continue to help those that I care about as long as there is a moving muscle left in my body and still laugh at Bank of America's face now that we dont owe them $***. I would like to thank the fine people of ATS for helping me build the courage and the testicular fortitude to not be a selfish person and to make changes happen. Also my next goal will be to eliminate my electric bill, but only time will tell if I can accomplish that. We are free from corporate control and no longer have to live in fear that our house will be taken away from us under our noses, but I still feel sad that most people werent fortunate enough to keep there houses and were forced to move away. BTW all that I had saved up was over $43,000 over the years and I pretty much had to sacrifice having many good times to save that much but if you truly wish to save, then stop worrying about what other people think about you and just do what is needed to survive.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

The glow from your selfless act ,will penetrate the darkest nights during your deployment .

Be safe.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Thank you for your service. And bless you for what you did for your parents. It`s nice to see this happening for a change here, not everyone would do something like you did. I have watched many young people your age who treat their parents like crap, by soaking them for every nickel they can get, and expect them to bail them out whenever they get so far in debt, that they can`t get back out.

Again, thank you for all that you are doing. Be well, and be safe.

A star and flag for you sir.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Your parents have a wonderful and honorable son. You have my best wishes for your safe return to your family. God bless and keep you!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You are a better man than most. Thanks for your service.
What you did for your parents goes above and beyond.
You are a hero on so many levels.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes very much so, with the safty issues over there. you guys don't really have the blessing of osha running around telling you how to do your job.

Thanks
I think the people I want to salute are your Ma and Pa. What great people they must be.
Evidenced by the obvious of course.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, its sad to see my mom cry everytime I go, but I always tell my parents that ill be back eventually and I can put the uglyness of war behind me.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
fantastic story - hope the best for you in iraq -

get safe home

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I salute you and wish you a safe deployment. Thank you for your service!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
That's truly awesome. Your parents must be extremely proud to have a son like you.

We'll be here for you when you get back from Iraq. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well done mate.I only wish I could do the same for mine.Take care out there,and see ya soon back on A.T.S.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You may not have monetary wealth at the moment, but you are without a doubt a very, very, rich man.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As a retired Army officer I was touched by you compassion. You have discovered what truly sets us free from all the "brain washing" all have experienced to some degree. Most of humanity (or many) were never taught to give and care for is it not a learn response as hearts are changed even at early stages in our humanity. The world has become a constant repeating theme of (ME, MYSELF, and I). Individually we do not have to accept this as (and if) we are taught true love for others.

Gods' speed and protection for a soul who knows what the essence of life, joy, and peace are truly all about.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You are a 2 times hero. You are fighting in two wars at the same time, one in Iraq and the other with USA Banks. We all salute you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What an amazing thing to do.

Go to a pointless war and make your parents cry and worry whether you'll come back alive. Thumbs up, your an [SNIP].

Mod Edit: Removed personal insult.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What a great thing you have done. I only hope my kids have half that compassion towards me in my hour of need.

Stay safe in Iraq.

Sorry to have inadvertently "ignored" you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good luck when trying to eliminate your electric bill.

I have been toying with that idea for a while now, like most people.

All I can tell you is to start small, do not expect to try and build something full scale, especially if it may not work.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My God man!!!!! You are an asset to the human race!!
...I wish you much luck in all you do & STAY SAFE!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Try Suntrust bank. They still have free checking and no fee on withdrawl of your own $$$. Also 6 month CD's are at 5% return. Have been with them for 30 years. Gives the person a cigar ...congrats on geting away from BoA...thre nothing but smegma..

Ex

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Take a moment and listen to these lyrics they
must have been written for you!

With humble admiration!

Ex
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join