It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alot of You are Apart of The Problem!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

This may be a stretch for some, but to answer your question, how about trying to attack the information the person is providing instead of attacking the person?

And by the way, who is one to decide if a thread is "legitimately good" or if it is "crap"? There have been more than a few well thought out threads on this site where the OP has been personally attacked because the information he has provided is not politically correct and does not jive with the viewpoint of others. The only purpose for this bullying tactic is to intimidate and to censor the flow of unpopular opinions.

im gonna have to say bull# to that. this is ats. no matter how stupid or unpopular the information you will find people to back you up. Think about this, when most OPs are proven wrong they pull out the old fashioned "your all just ignorant" try proving to a truther the latest evidence is wrong or tell a Bush supporter that he brought down the towers.

no matter how much info you have you will not change most peoples minds. So its not a bullying tactic. Its just frustration.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
i think its the Posters fault not the repliers.

have you seen some of the crap being posted recently?

we ridiculue them so they go back in there hole and think next time before they post "omgz reptilains are here look at this 2 hour long video that has been reposted and debunked several times"

all im saying is if the thread is legitimately good then there will be no reason for anyone to say anything bad of you. but if your thread is crap what do you expect?

In another place and another time that would be called censorship

This is a second line praising the OP for this post

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
it could be that im in an abnormally aggressive mood today (not violently aggressive...just argumentative
)

but im going to bite on this one as well.

First off - what problem are we talking about?

Ignorance?

Well, okay, lets assume ignorance. Ignorance of what?
You're starting to lose me here.

Secondly - there are a LOT of people here who have paper thin skin and cry foul whenever someone contradicts their line of thinking - calling it trolling, or ignorant behavior.

So while i agree to an extent that "trolls" exist on ATS, i think we have a larger population of people who simply can't take it, but love dishing it out

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think a lot of recent issues have been due to an antagonistic stance of OPs in an effort to create an emotional interest (usually anger) in the thread to garner more flags.

To be honest I've seen posts and threads from members who I know to usually be intelligent and level headed that are downright hostile lately.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
no. you got it wrong. there's no such thing as a stupid question they say and it's true. but there are stupid people. if you do not think there are, you're in denial.

i say dumb things sometime but thats the troll inside of me. for others, some of the comment they make is just so ludicrous that i feel it is my duty to end it before more idiots start agreeing without knowing.

who am i to judge? not all men and women are created equal. i don't care what god told you, its apparent how different we are. the sheeps need to get tend to and someone has to do it-like our government. all bow to obama and everyone under him. /bow

[edit on 27-11-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
As much as I would like to hold hands and sing songs through the night, I have to say it's just human nature to act in a cynical manner toward everything, including ourselves.

As much as we want to aspire to rid ourselves of these complexes, as much as we want to become enlightened, we can't leave these traits behind. We are human, not anything beyond that.

Even the enlightened among us speak words of what a common man can spout. The difference is no one will listen to the common man because of his credentials. Unknowingly, or perhaps knowingly, we're always going to discriminate without reason.

Just as long as each one of us means well, then it shall show itself. Truth is, not one can know all, so therefore the people that act all high and mighty need to get down from their figurative pedestal.

I am very realistic and realise there are flaws to the human personality... but some people are very egocentric and actually can't stand others taking up 'listening space' they feel is theirs.

Such people shouldn't be dismissed as 'it's ok just humans being humans'.

All 'human' should be trying to be their best, trying to understand humanity, the universe and beyond, it is part of the human journey.

Also I think the term 'human' and 'humanity' and 'alien' is something of a misnomer... human life form is supposed to be intelligent life form, not just animals.

The 'animal mentality' proferred by some is anathema to spiritual growth and should be avoided as well as chastised.

Is it not from accessing higher intelligence by humanity that has brought societies that operate above the levels of animals.

The main catalyst and mainstay of societal organisation is based on religion and beliefs systems which are all attuned to spiritual growth and the attainment of harmony.

The universe is based on harmonic principles....those with 'souls', spiritual beings are attuned to the universal harmonic vibrations and in essence are seeking to belong to that which it belongs to..the reason we all search for love and peace..because we are part of the universal whole...religion and science are ways of rationalising this principle and our emotions are ways of knowing and feeling it

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If some folks put half as much vigor into combating the obvious and accessible corruptions of this world as they do facetiously waging petty verbal wars on each other in threads like this then we might actually take a few steps forward.

There's a great irony in watching such bickering unfold in this very thread. We are brothers and sisters and yet we stand divided, lobotomized, poisoned and subdued.

The key reason I opted out of the professional world was a direct result of the realization that 99% of folk are more concerned with 'coming across' as being right rather than actually 'being right'.

As horrible a sentiment it is, I so oft feel that the masses deserve their current and imminent fate at the hands of the elite.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
Have you ever read a reply to a post when someone says "I hate people" who are saying whatever the OP is saying. People call others ignorant more than they compliment their original thought. What is it with members on this site always being critical and degrading? Why is there so many relpies that mention negative criticism with no positive insight on how to locate a truthful path? And lastly WHAT makes members feel they are sooo qualified to tell the next member that their current conclusion or state of mind is crap and they are stupid or ignorant? This is a conspiracy in itself.

I dont know any of you personally and this is not an attack on personal character, but it seems that a lot of people are self righteous and ignoring the fact that we are not all at the same level in our search for truth and because you disagree does not mean that you are God of the posts and can belittle others you feel are inferior in thought. Well... actually you can, but in my opinion it does nothing for the good of the soul. Nothing to teach about the actual enemy and again, in my opinon, makes you appear to be apart of the enemy.

If you are one who is so negative and thinks you know soo much about everything you are apart of the problem. If you can debunk everyone and read everyone and you cant stand those who do things that you feel are stupid....you are apart of the problem. The problem is the enemy. The problem is the hurt, the pain and the evil and when you spread hate, you are the enemy, you create the hurt and the pain and you are definitely one with evil in your heart.

Lets post and reply to help eachother not hate eachother. I am not in the mood to debate with people who tell me I am stupid and ignorant because I am concerned for the futures of our children. If your hateful, then your problematic to our mission.

Hoooooboy. This is ripe.

Your ability to articulate your issue is rather lacking, but from what I've gathered it seems that on one hand you've chosen to make blind generalizations regarding the posting populace, while on the other proclaim your innocence, and in the gripping hand hide behind your family/children (you know- so if anyone such as myself were to try and point out the problems with your rant you could state something to the effect of 'I did it for the children! What about the children! THE CHILDREN! THE CHILDREN!').

You're not in a mood to debate, but you've done nothing debate worthy. You've committed the literary equivalent of taking a crap in a forum.

I think what concerns me the most, and one of the things I see repeated around the forums here, is the very presumption of innocence and lack of guilt while doling out inflammatory statements.

Stand behind what you say, stop being wishy-washy, stop hiding behind children (ie: grow a spine). You may wish to gather your thoughts before posting, try to stick to some outline? You may also wish to better define some items such as "The problem is the enemy...the stupid..." Who is the enemy? You suggest if we're not with you, then we're the enemy (You, and a hundred over tin-foil hat wearers/day on here).

Honestly, your whole rant is ripe to tear you apart, but I don't think you'd learn anything from it, and in fact having interacted with folks such as you I doubt even if I tip-toed around you to help you with your posting woes that it would do any good.

tl;dr- you're wishy-washy, you hide behind children, you have no point/agenda beyond ranting like a child, you make gross generalizations about folks while holding yourself as being better than they.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Meesterjojo]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
If some folks put half as much vigor into combating the obvious and accessible corruptions of this world as they do facetiously waging petty verbal wars on each other in threads like this then we might actually take a few steps forward.

There's a great irony in watching such bickering unfold in this very thread. We are brothers and sisters and yet we stand divided, lobotomized, poisoned and subdued.

The key reason I opted out of the professional world was a direct result of the realization that 99% of folk are more concerned with 'coming across' as being right rather than actually 'being right'.

As horrible a sentiment it is, I so oft feel that the masses deserve their current and imminent fate at the hands of the elite.

Wow, I couldn't have said it better!

Star for this indeed!

In the last handful of years I've noticed people have either had some sort of awakening whether it be spiritual or otherwise...
And others have completely shut down and closed their minds to pretty much everything that can't be fed to them through various mediums of 'pop culture'.
I feel ATS is just a small window into the minds (open minded or otherwise) and beliefs of most people...
Subjects that are on the tips of everyone's tongues and in the backs of their minds are never usually debated by the public and are brought up here on a daily basis and if members not intrigued then usually they lash out
(IMHO due to fear of the unexplainable challenging their belief systems)
BUT that's my two cents.

[edit : Grammar / Punctuation / Spelling]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

the greatest weapon against an internet troll is the lack of acknowledgment.

Well stated and post starred.

The people acting in the manner described in the OP are suffering from self-esteem issues. They derive a brief increase in self-respect from that "I sure told that moron" feeling they get from flaming.

These people don't need a message board, they need psychological help and the best way to point them in the right direction is to flatly ignore them.

If you respond in any way whatsoever, they get that temporary self-esteem fix they are seeking and will only continue to act in this way.

TA

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There are only two things I can't stand...
people who are intolerant of other cultures... and the Dutch.

(Props to Michael Cane as Nigel Powers.)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
WOW. I gained from this post exactly what I aimed to. A listing of members who are known to be evil haters. It took NO time for you to show your colors. While you all give lengthy explainations as to why I said A part instead of apart or whatever means NOTHING TO ME!!! I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I type 80 wpm and most times post at 3 am. I dont intend to proof read. I intend to display my true thought. Everytime I read this evil hatred on this site it is a reminder that evil is real. And the same dudes who post this hate are the same ones who post threads expecting us to consider you true. I could care less what you virtually say. I LIVE to be positive and I LIVE to love and you can be as verbally tough and articulate as you please, I commend you. Pay off your student loans and your car loans and get out of the PTB ass and then come talk to me.

Most of you post about BS. Most of it was crap that I passed when skimming. The reason...because you add to the hate and evil I am trying to escape. I have fought so long with being egotistical and mean and self righteous...I know who you are because I was you. But not anymore. Yes you have the right to post your opinion but my point is that if you are not GREAT enough to reply with the intent of helping...you are not worth listening to. Why should ANYONE listen to ANYONE who is so evil. A lot of you are evil. EVIL EVIL EVIL. And I love you anyways. Even your mouth is ugly and your words are evil. I love you anyway.

I posted this thread because I wanted to see how many haters would add their names to my "THESE ARE HATERS" list. You seem sooo evil that it makes me feel bad for you. I was not saying voicing your opinion is wrong but claiming to be better than anyone is garbage. You have no IDEA who you guys are replying to. None of us do. Get off your ASS and off your PC high horse and SEE. YOU ARE APART (a part) of the problem. To hell with your americanized english grammar crap. Even replying to my post means that you like me....admit it. Thats the problem with haters...they really love you. They just dont know it yet.

LMAO! Hilarious. I knew this would be a good one. What makes me laugh is most of you are sooo evil by words but are scary and will NEVER be so evil in the face of another. It is great to see how much power you have when your face isnt seen.

PS...go ahead and tell me about my spelling errors or whatever. I am not here to please you. I am here to reach out to others of like mind. So when I type so fast I make mistakes...please do not blame my heart or my intellect. Blame the fact that I read sooo much that I am up at all hours of the night and when I have the inclination to post I DO! Without the fake research paper crap these fake scientists spend their lives compiling. I love you guys. I really do. I just wish you would love you and understand that when we post...we do it from our heart. And here comes your lonely, insecure, hateful buns to try and destroy us. YOU CANT!!! You can never destroy me. You just made MY POST MORE POPULAR!!! Thanks haters. You made my day and my post!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by badmoviefan

the greatest weapon against an internet troll is the lack of acknowledgment.

Well stated and post starred.

The people acting in the manner described in the OP are suffering from self-esteem issues. They derive a brief increase in self-respect from that "I sure told that moron" feeling they get from flaming.

These people don't need a message board, they need psychological help and the best way to point them in the right direction is to flatly ignore them.

If you respond in any way whatsoever, they get that temporary self-esteem fix they are seeking and will only continue to act in this way.

TA

This makes me laugh. Self esteem? LMAO over and over. I really want people to post resumes and pics and lets see who is more advanced and hotter. I PROMISE YOU, you have a great deal of work to think you have higher esteem than I. PLEASE. LMAO!

Geez...it is so funny how many people think that because you care you are ugly. It is hilarious. Grow up. Lets compare pics right now. I am so tired of the evil ugly hatred from you jerks. Lets start with looks. We can start RIGHT THERE and we will see who is insecure. Lets take a vote after our pics are posted, whom is more likely to be insecure. LMAO... I love you. Regardless....I love you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

Still waiting for your reply to this one from the other thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps you misunderstood it because you post at 3am??

Thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meesterjojo

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
Have you ever read a reply to a post when someone says "I hate people" who are saying whatever the OP is saying. People call others ignorant more than they compliment their original thought. What is it with members on this site always being critical and degrading? Why is there so many relpies that mention negative criticism with no positive insight on how to locate a truthful path? And lastly WHAT makes members feel they are sooo qualified to tell the next member that their current conclusion or state of mind is crap and they are stupid or ignorant? This is a conspiracy in itself.

I dont know any of you personally and this is not an attack on personal character, but it seems that a lot of people are self righteous and ignoring the fact that we are not all at the same level in our search for truth and because you disagree does not mean that you are God of the posts and can belittle others you feel are inferior in thought. Well... actually you can, but in my opinion it does nothing for the good of the soul. Nothing to teach about the actual enemy and again, in my opinon, makes you appear to be apart of the enemy.

If you are one who is so negative and thinks you know soo much about everything you are apart of the problem. If you can debunk everyone and read everyone and you cant stand those who do things that you feel are stupid....you are apart of the problem. The problem is the enemy. The problem is the hurt, the pain and the evil and when you spread hate, you are the enemy, you create the hurt and the pain and you are definitely one with evil in your heart.

Lets post and reply to help eachother not hate eachother. I am not in the mood to debate with people who tell me I am stupid and ignorant because I am concerned for the futures of our children. If your hateful, then your problematic to our mission.

Hoooooboy. This is ripe.

Your ability to articulate your issue is rather lacking, but from what I've gathered it seems that on one hand you've chosen to make blind generalizations regarding the posting populace, while on the other proclaim your innocence, and in the gripping hand hide behind your family/children (you know- so if anyone such as myself were to try and point out the problems with your rant you could state something to the effect of 'I did it for the children! What about the children! THE CHILDREN! THE CHILDREN!').

You're not in a mood to debate, but you've done nothing debate worthy. You've committed the literary equivalent of taking a crap in a forum.

I think what concerns me the most, and one of the things I see repeated around the forums here, is the very presumption of innocence and lack of guilt while doling out inflammatory statements.

Stand behind what you say, stop being wishy-washy, stop hiding behind children (ie: grow a spine). You may wish to gather your thoughts before posting, try to stick to some outline? You may also wish to better define some items such as "The problem is the enemy...the stupid..." Who is the enemy? You suggest if we're not with you, then we're the enemy (You, and a hundred over tin-foil hat wearers/day on here).

Honestly, your whole rant is ripe to tear you apart, but I don't think you'd learn anything from it, and in fact having interacted with folks such as you I doubt even if I tip-toed around you to help you with your posting woes that it would do any good.

tl;dr- you're wishy-washy, you hide behind children, you have no point/agenda beyond ranting like a child, you make gross generalizations about folks while holding yourself as being better than they.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Meesterjojo]

I dont hide behind children. I raise them. Stop hiding behind the internet and stop the hate. You can not trash, nor stop my love because you dont understand me. I love my kids and I will always love. I love you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
After reading this thread again, I want to state that what really chaps my ass is when people, reply to simple opinionated posts with these LONG ass boring replies. I keep my posts simple because I am not writing an essay I am stating a current state of mind. Geez....why are people so opposed to people having their own feelings about topics? What the hell are you suffering from? I my dear, am suffering from lack of ATS love. LMAO! Actually, I just get a bit confused and my feelings get hurt when people are so mean. I use to be you so I empathize..but dude...GET OVER YOURSELF!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I believe you misunderstood me.

I was agreeing with you. Maybe not so much at this point, but I was at the time.

Thought I made my position clear, but apparently I didn't.

TA

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I wouldn't worry... i believe misunderstanding is the OP's M.O.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
S&F

I completely agree that many are a part of the overall problem.

I believe these people are covering their own insecurities by lashing out.
I think of it as a see-saw of self-esteem. The perpetrator may lash out in order to lower ones self-esteem and temporarily boost their own. However, the boost is only temporarily and isn't of any real value, thus the reason it continues.

Of course, I'm only speculating in psychological mannerisms.

Just my $.02
A2D

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We live in democracy , theoritically !

And we must have our own thought, and we have to defend them in debates.

But using sophism in a debate : is not debating at all.

It is trolling or creating non constructive polemics : just for the pleasur of hating people.

Why Conversational_intolerance ? Because we need it to defend our ideas and not being a sheep.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by psychederic]

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join