It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alot of You are Apart of The Problem!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thank you for having the balls to say this and the intelligence to make your message VERY clear without actually attacking others!! S & F for you!!
Much luv!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most days on ATS denying ignorance seems to be mostly about denying ones own ignorant behavior as opposed to overcoming ignorance through wisdom and knowledge. In all fairness ignorance is one of the hardest things to overcome for the simple reason that most people who operate out of ignorance refuse to believe that they are.

The reality is no one of us no matter how wise or how intelligent have all the answers, and it gets more problematic still in that most issues have a two sided argument where depending on a person’s personal agenda and goals one side of the argument becomes more favorable to them even though it might not be an ideal agenda or goal for the majority or the minority on the other side of the argument.

Yet the vitriol and rancor so often displayed in attempts to defame and humiliate and intimidate other members isn’t merely a byproduct of ego or vanity.

It is very much part of an underlying instilled mental state of fear, distrust, anger, depression and rage that the governments and the media take great care to constantly promote by planting those seeds through highly editorialized news that requires emotional manipulation to get people to think with their emotions instead of their minds when they are being bade to sometimes and very often accept the nonsensical as fact.

The economic situation, the War on Terrorism, left/right politics and convoluted and often hypocritical notions of morality are foist in 24 hour a day doses on us by a government and corporate establishment that controls the masses through the chaos of instilled fear, distrust, anger and depression they take such great care to manufacture for us.

So much of what we are then asked to accept as fact becomes more attractive because emotional transference is utilized to vent those damaging emotions by projecting them on to other situations and people that then provide an outlet for them. Nineteen alleged Saudi Hijackers never tried or convicted in a court of law supposedly blew up the World Trade Centers and Pentagon, translation be angry at all radical Muslims because they were allegedly Muslim, further translation be angry at all Muslims because one must first be a Muslim to become a radical Muslim. Translation, support the War on Terror from an emotional transference standpoint not based on any fact or goal.

This is how the government and media manipulate us by making that anger and fear palpable and real. Healthcare is deserved for the masses, anyone who doesn’t support healthcare for the masses is just doing so to be mean and spiteful and to obstruct the glory and credit of that being awarded to the party in power that wants to bring it to us.

That other party or parties who don’t question the concept of healthcare for the masses but the particular plan being put forth for it are the enemy they want to deny you and take away something from you that is rightfully yours will be yours if not for their selfish and mean spirited unreasonable efforts to prevent you from having it for petty reasons! You should want healthcare as it is being proposed even more as a result of that and you should see the people who question just what that entails and would mean as the enemy, you should be angry at them, you should not question the same things yourself but you should vent your anger and fear on them to ensure it is not taken away.

Everything is a manipulation based on fear, and anger, depression and rage and an artificial scarcity of goods and services through economic and corporate manipulation makes that fear and anger and depression and rage real.

What isn’t real is who the government and corporations scapegoat and why to become a target of that depression and rage and anger and fear. They do that to keep eyes off of them, thoughts off of them, and emotionally condition people to function in a state of emotional agitation where they are most likely to assail and lambast one another for the state of the world than to assail and lambast and correct the actual culprits in government, media and the corporations.

Blinded and I do mean literally blinded by fear, and anger, depression and rage most people are tragically unable to think with their minds in analytical and intellectual ways but look simply to government and the talking heads on the media to provide them with verbal cues and directions to form a loose but mostly false understanding of their predicaments and plights and to provide them vague and false notions and hope through a direction to change and correct it.

Most people don’t see how this is being done to them in part because most people aren’t as evil or capable of the same levels and extent of evil as the government and corporate officials who formulate these strategies to keep them in a highly emotional state of agitation to manipulate them emotionally. The vast number of people doesn’t believe their government or corporations would do that, though they are often taught to believe other governments would and do that to their own citizens but not here, never here, we are too smart you see for that to work on us.

It isn’t easy some days but I try to cut everyone a lot of slack and understanding because I know that they have in fact been brainwashed and that they are in a state of emotional anxiety and they aren’t fully capable of intelligently and logically assessing situations because of that. I also know that while most of what they believe in is purely illusionary and that as disturbing as those illusions might be that they frame their reality and existence and that they are attached to them as well in emotional ways that are meaningful to them emotionally.

Getting beyond the emotional dogma and noise most people are infected and overcome and overwhelmed with isn’t easy and sometimes the best way to more deeply entrench it is to attack and confront it straight on as people desperate for validation and absolution simply rear up on their hind legs and will defend those illusions as being something near and dear to them.

The only thing that overcomes ignorance is education and people have to want to learn and believe that they are well served by additional learning first in order for that to work.

To me its mostly about planting seeds to put that knowledge out there in as non-threatening as non-confrontational way as possible and once having planted that seed to patiently wait for the circumstances and day that causes the ignorant person to begin to question again where hopefully they remember that seed previously rejected and begin to reexamine it in their own time and own way and perhaps give it the water and nourishment and attention in which it will grow.

To do much more would just place a person in that same emotional adversarial trap that is designed to keep people angrily divided amongst themselves so their never is a real consensus or effort to change the dysfunctional status quo.

[edit on 27/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Looks like I did a good number on you then when I politely and plainly showed how you were factually incorrect on a subject:

Originally posted by buds84
I had a good laugh at your level "Truth Knowledge" you fit in well here on ATS with others that are just now finding out in the year 2009 that the government is corrupt.
Now go cry about Obamas health plan or something with the rest of retards that think their vote counts.

So it is acceptable to call someone a retard because they think differently to you ? O.K. behind their backs on a computer forum ( for some ) Face to face would be a different thing altogeather, you would get a smack in the mouth !

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
How does a bookworm make such gross grammatical errors! Hehe it's kinda cute, but your use of 'apart' actually denotes the opposite meaning to that which you intended.. To be 'apart' of something is to be separate from it! Case and point: to be blown apart! You were looking for "a part". So your title really says "Alot (A lot...) of you are not part of the problem!" lol which I suppose is also true.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I concur with the OP. Malice, egocentricism and maturity are the roots of 'the problem'. It's not just this site. Check out the comments section under infowars or youtube and you'll encounter a barrage of homophobia, racism, sexism et.al

Divided we fall, eh?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
I generally agree with the OP...but...and this is important. "A PART" and "A LOT" are two words, not one!!!

[edit on 11/27/2009 by WeAreAWAKE]

Apart from their allotted usage, you are correct!
Beat me to it no less.. hehe

I get the impression a lot of people may feel as the OP does, about some of my posts.

However, I have strong opinions. I will state them.

I am also not confined inside the box. I have some different opinions, which would incur ridicule of their own.

Someone said ATS should change the theme Deny Ignorance, to Deny Intolerance.

But I think Ignorance is a perfect word. It is easily defined. And when people step outside the realms of logical and coherent thinking, they border on ignorant.

No one will ever agree with Everyone. No one HAS to. But when absurd - my word, yours may be enlightened - claims, it is the right for those who disagree to make it known.

I hate more than anyone the one line arrogant laughing ridiculing obnoxios posts that some make. I always try to at least, through the sheer frustration of it all, make my point clear.

It's hard.

Sometimes even the best of us will lose sight of our priorities.

If people are not willing to back up their opinions AGAINST an OP then they should either work out why, or be silent. However, it is not a bad thing to deny someone a claim when evidence to the contrary shows itself.

To ignore that, to claim people who do such are agents or a fud operative, et al, is embracing the very thing itself.

And sometimes you just have to say it. Sometimes you need to say it, because the way things go around here, people get swept up in such a torrent of back slapping self appreciation, that nothing else will make them stop to think.

ETHOS. But not when an opinion leads to a belief that leads to a following that leads to the embracing of utter ignorance.

[edit on 27/11/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Looks like I did a good number on you then when I politely and plainly showed how you were factually incorrect on a subject:

I had a good laugh at your level "Truth Knowledge" you fit in well here on ATS with others that are just now finding out in the year 2009 that the government is corrupt.
Now go cry about Obamas health plan or something with the rest of retards that think their vote counts.

So it is acceptable to call someone a retard because they think differently to you ? O.K. behind their backs on a computer forum ( for some ) Face to face would be a different thing altogeather, you would get a smack in the mouth !

Well I wasn't the first to throw childish insults in that thread he pulled up.
I can call you a retard for jumping to conclusions, and if you tried to smack me in the mouth you would catch bullet in your brain.

Care to derail this thread like like your friend is trying to do?
Almost every topic I post in, someone is pulling up something I said from another forum, but they can all go die including you.

This is what I had to deal with in the thread your friend was referring to after talking about a conspiracy some people didn't like, insults from just one person I copied together into one.

-OMFG...... you did not just say that..

-You want to try again?

-IDIOT! STUDY YOUR HISTORY.

-Gods I hate when stupid people read something on WIKIPEDIA and think its the gospel. I bet you take Bob Larson seriously dont you!?

-its the idiot minority of the followers that say crap like that

-and whats sad is most of the bullox you are vomitting at us is pure unadulterated idiocy at its best.

-you are the paradigm of stupidity, and honestly I think if you ever broke the law, it would be defended under a mental incompetence defence in armed robbery with a stapler.

-that was more retarded than the people that think they either are aliens or talk to them.

-seriously.. go back with the godhatesf*gs.commers and protest homosxuals being interned or something just as ignorant.

-Hey moron.. first of all stop lying about your job.. engineer. the only thing you engineer are bullox stories of madness you piece together from youtube.

-HAVE YOU THE BRAIN WORMS!!??

-kick back with your you tube, and tooth paste in mums basement mate... and keep throwing this... (I dont even know what to call it) out here.

So your welcome to start name calling or attempting to "smack me in the mouth". Thats what the internet is for.

apparently these kinds of insults are acceptable on ATS although my insulting posts are usually removed quickly while others directing them at me stay up.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by buds84]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mods please close this down, I think the case is closed.

2nd Line

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dbl Post

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i think its the Posters fault not the repliers.

have you seen some of the crap being posted recently?

we ridiculue them so they go back in there hole and think next time before they post "omgz reptilains are here look at this 2 hour long video that has been reposted and debunked several times"

all im saying is if the thread is legitimately good then there will be no reason for anyone to say anything bad of you. but if your thread is crap what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Just as I made my post I got a warning, but the person harassing me (following me from other topics) apparently is in the right and receives no warning, neither does Qwenn who seems to like threatening mouth smacks.

Great Job ATS Mod.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The last few posts reflect entirely why this subject is scoring high on the moron-scale.

It's a double-negative subject. If you're annoyed by all the intolerance and griping, why be intolerant about those who are intolerant and like to gripe?

Surely, the way to educate these people is by example (keeping quiet), not by repeating their behaviour?

I have a right to be intolerant if I want to. I am allowed to gripe and rail against people and things I don't like. You can gripe and rail if you want to. But we are part of a community, and communities have rules - follow the rules and you're fine.

This entire post should have been dealt with by you and the offending parties by U2U or in conference with a moderator.

Bye!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Perhaps because you come across as a belligerent person?

Easy to do as I say, but not as I do huh..

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by buds84

Just as I made my post I got a warning, but the person harassing me (following me from other topics) apparently is in the right and receives no warning, neither does Qwenn who seems to like threatening mouth smacks.

Great Job ATS Mod.

So the tough guy act only works one way.... Ok.. He states that IRL anyone acting like you would cop a box in the chops, and you directly threaten him with a gun shot wound to the head.

Man, do you even listen to yourself?

Ugh, blame the mods who do a job, you must be a worthy target...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

You are also now part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i disagree.
people suck, and your post doesnt change humanity.
i applaud your efforts though, but you are the minority.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am going to use an analogy to answer your question (I feel as if you already have an answer, but here is my input).

Look at the house crisis. People blamed the banks and government for allowing loans to people who can not pay them back, but when is the responsibility ever put on the PEOPLE for making stupid decisions?

Almost never.

My point? People are stupid. There is a very small percentage of individuals that actually have a clue what they are doing.

When people accuse the big bankers of robbing them, well - the reason is 90% (IMO) of the people in this country.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
A lot of you are APART of the problem

So are you saying we a "A PART OF" the problem?

Or

That we are "Apart" of the problem as in, not part of it?

reply to post by Doc Tesla

Star for you! I agree 100%, we get a lot of crap on this site. But alas, we are a conspiracy site, and this is the place to entertain such theories, technically, no matter how implaussible they are.

However I just wish some people had that filter in their head that says "maybe I dont want to be associated with posting this highly unlikely, and illogical idea".

[edit on 11/27/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"all im saying is if the thread is legitimately good then there will be no reason for anyone to say anything bad of you. but if your thread is crap what do you expect?"

This may be a stretch for some, but to answer your question, how about trying to attack the information the person is providing instead of attacking the person? But then again, when you do not have the ability to argue the message, the next best thing is to shoot the messenger.

And by the way, who is one to decide if a thread is "legitimately good" or if it is "crap"? There have been more than a few well thought out threads on this site where the OP has been personally attacked because the information he has provided is not politically correct and does not jive with the viewpoint of others. The only purpose for this bullying tactic is to intimidate and to censor the flow of unpopular opinions.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When I joined ATS I openly wanted to share my experiences and discuss particular topics of personal interest! However, resistance and worse, ridicule, caused a certain trepidation and reluctance to openly discuss such topics.

ATS is meant to be an 'open forum' for fringe topics. It would be nice to be able to discuss experience and views without the immediate onslaught of negativists 'poo-poo'-ing your thread without further consideration.

Ah well, bullies and 'belittlers' exist everywhere...

[edit on 27/11/2009 by qubix]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join