It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu sacrifice of 250,000 animals begins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
you all go to the grocers and get thous nice net little packages and keep telling your selfs life is bunnes and roses.
ooo you eat the bunny but cant kill it ? o brouther.
ill kill it eat it and enjoy it and not feal any more guilty then the bear would if he ate me .
go by naturs rules youl be fine kill the animal as cleanly as possible no point in causing unessery pain i grant you .
but feal sorry for my food? no thanks
when i see a cow in the fields it just makes me want a stake yummm.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is completely against Hindu principles. The slaughter of Buffaloes is considered to be an extreme sin in the Hindu religion. In Hinduism all life is sacred and it is really sad to see all these people being deceived into these types of religious ceremonies.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
you all go to the grocers and get thous nice net little packages and keep telling your selfs life is bunnes and roses.
ill kill it eat it and enjoy it and not feal any more guilty then the bear would if he ate me .
go by naturs rules youl be fine kill the animal as cleanly as possible no point in causing unessery pain i grant you .

Uh, who eats bunnies?
There's a big difference between slaughtering an animal because you believe it will make your dreams come true and slaughtering an animal so you can eat it. One of them is justified and needed to survive and the other is inhumane - can you guess which is which?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by xxcalbier

Uh, who eats bunnies?
There's a big difference between slaughtering an animal because you believe it will make your dreams come true and slaughtering an animal so you can eat it. One of them is justified and needed to survive and the other is inhumane - can you guess which is which?

I eat bunnies. I season them with salt/pepper, lemon and sage w/ onion. This is browned in an iron skillet with olive oil. I then serve this w/ wild rice, and string beans.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
There's a big difference between slaughtering an animal because you believe it will make your dreams come true and slaughtering an animal so you can eat it.

One of them is justified and needed to survive and the other is inhumane - can you guess which is which?

Very well said.

I wonder how other people would feel if they sacrificed and beheaded thousands of gorillas and orangutans because 'the goddess wants their blood'.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

For anyone who does not know, pagan rituals are still being done in uk, and usa. Pagans have never left the scene, and the religion based on energy will always be with us. People do believe in the power it gives, whether you do or not.

Just look at alex jones bohemium grove vid, aren't they doing a pagan ritual. Who knows what really goes on?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
I bet rat meat is scrumtrulescent if properly prepared.

Hot sauce, hope you enjoy your ratburger.

What about the points raised in the other posts?

Do you think this ritual slaughter would be acceptable if they were just mindlessly killing thousands of other animals like gorillas/pandas/elephants/dolphins etc..?

Would it make a difference if they didn't profit from their blood sacrifices and refused to sell the carcasses to a corporation?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hindu sacrifice of 250,000 animals begins

I find this a common practice. More common than one might think.

I brushed my teeth today and instantly killed 250,000 bacteria with my mouthwash.

I took a shower and killed 250,000 parasites off my skin.

Times this by every day of my life and that is a lot of life killed for my own selfish reasons.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You are right there are still lots of pagan belief systems.

This does not mean thay all people who are mystical, polytheistic, pantheistic, of the occult, who follow the old paths, or are generally spiritually and religiously independent go around sacrificing animals.

Nor does being pagan automatically mean bad, scary, evil or bad.

This festival is something I had never heard of, but from what I understand the meat is then eaten and the hides and other parts are used.

I don't necessarily like it, but with the exception of the added religious festival it is no different than what goes on everyday in commercial slaughterhouses and butcheries across the world everyday.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I'll judge all I please as I am entitled to do so by birthright. Some cultures suck.

That's a subjective viewpoint though. I personally despair of the American Consumer Culture and think it sucks. Yes, that is subjective too.

Originally posted by EnlightenUpAnyway, I think the turkeys were killed and frozen in advance behind closed doors. You can hardly call that the same thing now, can you?

How many of those turkeys were free range and how many existed completely in batteries/barns?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I thought that their belief in reincarnation forbid them from killing living things, I know that they believe you can reincarnate into any living thing, so they are cutting short the lives of animals who they believe may contain the souls of reincarnated fellow men women and children. Seems contradictory to me. Can anyone here explain this contradiction?

edit to add: I have four beautiful dogs, they are my heart, but my hindu friends think it is wrong for me to 'own' them, they say that the dogs have the reincarnated souls in them, and that I am hindering those souls on their journey. I just don't understand this.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have the same confusion as you, it seems that maybe it is different sects (for lack of a better word) within hinduism that practice sacrifice or consume animals.

I am not well informed beyond the basics of hinduism but this makes me want to do more research.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Mcdonald's serve 27 million people every day.

A typical burger patty weighs about 100grams.

Say 80% of these people eat beef. (Thats about 21600000 people!!!!)

Thats 2160000 Kilograms of beef.

The average cow gives about 120kg of edible meat. (After trimmings etc)

So... thats about 18000 cows... not even a scrape.

This tells me that the amount of cows they are killing could feed around

375 million people with all that meat!!!! Shocking

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

I know many practicing hindu's and some of them do eat meat, most of them are strict vegan, some are vegetarian but do eat cheese. I asked once of the ones who do eat meat, what was the difference and I was told that class is the difference, if you are capable of feeding your family meat then you can. I really didn't accept this explaination, as the family I work with won't even kill a spider or a fly, they catch them and take them outside and let them go, because of the reincarnation. I am still confused.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by karl 12

I bet rat meat is scrumtrulescent if properly prepared. I have eaten some pretty crazy stuff from different parts of the world.

well on "I'm a Celebrity...," here in the UK the celebs caught a rat and some celebrity chef cooked it up and all the celebs agreed it was a tasty dish, just like chicken!
just an example of my culturally high brow viewing this week

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Some nice high brow viewing there.

I'm sure I would eat rat if I was hungry enough but I don't think its right to senselessly kill one and offer it as a blood sacrifice to a mythical being (a rat or any other animal) - just my opinion though.

Love your avatar -Dead man's shoes is a great,great film.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
As long as the animals are going to be used there shouldnt be a problem with it.
I beleive human life should be seen as just as invaluable though, and i suppose to the people behind the government puppets and all the people that go to war.. it is invaluable.
If i want to take someones life, i can
just as if someone wants to take mine, they can
i have the right to resist and fight back. I dont like killing but this is just the way it is.. Does everyone understand?
I mean who is to draw the line... who is to say WHAT level or to what degree of morallity does one see as acceptable etc. Everyone has different views.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If they can actually eat all the meat before it spoils who cares? More cattle will be killed in the US probably today alone. The chili I'm making today will be delicious.

The Nepalese people are actually taking part in their killing, we "Americans" hide away from that part of our daily meals.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So, I will share with you what happened to me at work Thanksgiving night.

I work at night, 7p-7a. I was arriving at work, and as I was coming through the door, I met a fellow employee who works in another department. We have had passing casual conversations during the course of our work, but nothing too personal. I wouldn't label them a friend, but simply an aquaintance.

Anyway, we met up on the walk to the elevator, and were having the typical polite discussions, "it's cold." "How was your Thanksgiving?" etc.

I know this person is from Israel, as he has spoken of it many times in passing.

As we get on the elevator, I explained I had worked Thanksgiving Eve, and had to work this night also, so we would be having Thanksgiving this weekend with the family.

He replied, "We are going tomorrow."

I presumed he meant going to his family's home. I know many people from India and other countries that I work with that celebrate Thanksgiving like the rest of us do, but I am careful, PC, at work, I must be.

As he is stepping off the elevator at his floor, he looks at me as he passes by, and tells me, "We are killing 3 goats."

I just nodded, and as the doors closed, I said, "Have fun!"

I simply was caught off guard for that, I admit it.

On thinking of this later, I thought to myself, had someone said this in a workplace about 15 years ago, they may have been called aside, or in some other way directed to not speak like this, or considered strange, crazy, etc.

I still do not know what his culture is, simply "from Israel" tells me nothing of his beliefs, and how killing 3 goats fits into it all.

I just know I took pause, and had to think on it, and I still am. Which is why I was compelled to tell you about this little story.

I do not personally "believe" in PC, but when I work, I must conform, or lose my job. Why was I compelled inside to say other than what I did? Because it didn't fit my idea of what was right, or normal, or accepted.

This is what happens when cultures mix, and this is what happens when we have things like Discovery Channel, and the internet, and a "melting pot" society. You get exposed to things that may not fit your idea of how life should be.

Hope you enjoyed my story, and hope that you too had fun, regardless of what you killed and ate in celebration and what you celebrated!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Gadhimai is the name of one of the Hindu goddesses of power. Participants believe that animal sacrifices for the Hindu goddess Gadhimai will end evil and bring prosperity.

This makes no sense to me considering millions of Indian children are starving. Also what a weird belief system that obviously has no bearing on the fate of the Indian people and how can a God that craves blood be considered benevolent.

India has higher rates of malnourished children than sub-Saharan Africa, despite having the money to tackle the problem, according to a survey that raises grave questions about the country’s economic rise.

Almost 46 per cent of Indian children under the age of 3 suffer from malnutrition, according to the survey by the Indian Health Ministry in conjunction with Unicef, the United Nations children’s agency. That compares with about 35 per cent in sub-Saharan Africa and only 8 per cent in China, whose economic growth India strives to emulate. It also represents only a slight decrease since the last National Family Health Survey in India seven years ago showed that 47 per cent of its children were mal-nourished.

The results provide a shocking illustration of how India’s recent economic gains, while enriching the social elite and middle classes, have failed to benefit almost half of its 1.1 billion people

www.indianexpress.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

If you think this is bad, the slaughter of Whales and Dolphins by Danes off the Faeroe islands is even worse and nothing more than senseless barbarity, cruelty and greed. Shocking stuff.

adventuresofafrugivore.blogspot.com...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by kindred]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join