It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a "Christian"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

The spirit grants truth.

My personal story of salvation is not what I intended for this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If you truly are curious John I can U2U my story to you. When I began this thread I didn't intend to be telling my personal story but if you insist and if it will appease your curiosity, then I suppose I can oblige.

Yes, please do. You see my argument does make sense. If you can prove you are a Christian at least by the accepted norm, then I may have reason to think that you are getting your answers from a real belief in Christianity.

I would also assume your answers are coming from The Bible, since it is the source for all Christian belief. Is this so?

Also you have to understand my skepticism because I have seen lots of people on ATS try to pull hoaxes on people with regards to spiritual belief.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

My answers so far have come from the spirit. I have not yet had to refer to the Bible. The Bible is to strengthen weak spirits. Food for the soul if you will.

edit: I will send my personal story U2U in a short while.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

How can you explain the reality of God, without in at least general terms, how you found this reality of God?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

My answers so far have come from the spirit. I have not yet had to refer to the Bible. The Bible is to strengthen weak spirits. Food for the soul if you will.

edit: I will send my personal story U2U in a short while.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

WRONG !

Not just wrong, but un biblical.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by DarksDeception]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I have to chime in on this as well. A lot of answers come from the spirit and not the bible. When I read the bible, it seems as though I already know the material, like the true meaning behind it, I know in my heart. Granted, I don't know details of who said what, but I know the meaning.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I have to chime in on this as well. A lot of answers come from the spirit and not the bible. When I read the bible, it seems as though I already know the material, like the true meaning behind it, I know in my heart. Granted, I don't know details of who said what, but I know the meaning.

yes, that is the great mystery of His Living Word. And yes, its only through His Holy Spirit that these mysteries can be heard, His Truth. The question is how can we live and know this Spirit to be able to hear and see?

[edit on 21-11-2009 by DarksDeception]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

In a way, this can be true.. But.. the Holy Spirit will not reveal anything that will contradict the bible itself. Thus one has to watch the 'spirit' they are getting the information from.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Supposedly one male-female pair of every animal on the face of the earth got onto Noah's ark, except saltwater fish that could live on normally.

We consistently find new species over the years, in say some cave in Australia. This sort of proves the Bible wrong.

Does finding an error in the Bible have any affect on you? In my experience most Christians I know tend to simply ignore errors; how do you handle them?

Please answer with cited verse(s) from the Bible if you feel the Bible is not incorrect concerning this matter.

Thanks!

[edit on 21-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

In a way, this can be true.. But.. the Holy Spirit will not reveal anything that will contradict the bible itself. Thus one has to watch the 'spirit' they are getting the information from.

I should have been more clear. I'm saying, if I have a question or a person has a question, I can answer it, because the Spirit provides direction and not me having to crack open a bible.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I should have been more clear. I'm saying, if I have a question or a person has a question, I can answer it, because the Spirit provides direction and not me having to crack open a bible.

Its true that His truth is written on your heart, from His Word, but every time you open the bible, another mystery is revealed. The Word of God is imperative to spiritual growth.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception

Its true that His truth is written on your heart, from His Word, but every time you open the bible, another mystery is revealed. The Word of God is imperative to spiritual growth.

Yes. That's why I stated not all answers. Meaning I still dwell in the Bible each day. But, when the Spirit moves you, especially when speaking to someone, sometimes things are revealed immediately. Not all the time, just in some situations.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Sorry But I Have To Quote The Gospel Of Thomas. I Am Not Saying These Are The Words Of Christ But They Do Have Some Meaning Who Ever Wrote These.

Jesus Said, "Recognize What Is In Your Sight, And That Which Is Hidden From You Will Become Plain To You. For The Is Nothing Hidden Which Will Not Become Manifest.

It Isn't Accepted By Christians But I Think It Can Shine Wisdom On One.

The Verse Bellow Is A Very Interesting One Also.

But You Are Not In The Flesh, You Are In The Spirit, If In Fact The Spirit Of God Dwells In You. Anyone Who Does Not Have The Spirit Of Christ Does Not Belong To Him. But If Christ Is In You, Although Your Bodies Are Dead Because Of Sin, Your Spirits Are Alive Because Of The Righteousness. If The Spirt Of Him Who Raised Jesus From The Dead Dwells In You, He Who Raised Christ Jesus From The Dead Will Give Life To Your Mortal Bodies Also Through His Spirit Which Dwells In You."

Romans 8.9-17

So If The Spirit Of God Dwells Within Then The Truth Dwells Within.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Key2life]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
My question is this: What must you do so can you know truth in the Spirit of God? What must you do to live in that realm away from this earth, to hear Him, to see Him, and know His truth in the Spirit?

I am asking this question, because there is no other way.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I may know the anwer to this myself, but I'm wondering if it's in the Bible somewhere.

If someone chooses to believe the Bible and live their life as a Christian, by definition they have a specific set of Christian/Bible beliefs. Compare this to an avid Hindu, for example, who has a set of Hindu beliefs. One of the main often-taught aspects of Christianity is to not judge others.

Having "non-judgment" makes every Christian a hypocrit because he or she MUST adopt the idea that non-Christians do not have the same Christian belief set. Christians try to convert over people to their beliefs.

If Christians really wanted to follow Christ they would need to accept every person as righteous and stop calling people wrong for their beliefs.

Christian = hypocrit.

My question is, why would a loving God allow more than one Religion and teach in His Word that His way is the only way?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception

Yes. That's why I stated not all answers. Meaning I still dwell in the Bible each day. But, when the Spirit moves you, especially when speaking to someone, sometimes things are revealed immediately. Not all the time, just in some situations.

Yes, exactly. spot on !

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Key2life

Just an off-topic comment...

What's with capitalizing every word?? For me, with synesthesia and ADHD, I had to read your paragraph like eight times, and still didn't really get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

How does that prove the Bible wrong? We have no record of what exactly Noah brought in his ark. Just because the species are new to us doesn't mean they were new to him.

As for biblical verses, there aren't many concerning the speciation aboard the ark.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

My question is, why would a loving God allow more than one Religion and teach in His Word that His way is the only way?

One of the greatest gifts God gave his intelligent creations (angelic or human) was the capacity of free will ... the ability to make choices and to serve Him out of love and desire. Blaming God for the choices made by intelligent people would be like blaming parents who provide the best environment for their child, including an abundance of love and ensuring that nothing is lacking - including a positive purpose in life, and whose child then becames a criminal. The problem is not with the parent ... it is with the child.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

I may know the anwer to this myself, but I'm wondering if it's in the Bible somewhere.

If someone chooses to believe the Bible and live their life as a Christian, by definition they have a specific set of Christian/Bible beliefs. Compare this to an avid Hindu, for example, who has a set of Hindu beliefs. One of the main often-taught aspects of Christianity is to not judge others.

Having "non-judgment" makes every Christian a hypocrit because he or she MUST adopt the idea that non-Christians do not have the same Christian belief set. Christians try to convert over people to their beliefs.

If Christians really wanted to follow Christ they would need to accept every person as righteous and stop calling people wrong for their beliefs.

Christian = hypocrit.

God's way is the only way, but it's not the way of religion. All "religions" seem to fall short of the glory of God in my eyes. I can't speak definitively on this matter because I'm uncertain. All I can really say is that todays religions are not the way to God.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join