It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should D.C.Muslim Sniper Be Executed Tonight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I see your all for the New World Order, Mr. Sheeple.

how does that make any sense? what a dumb post.

i think he should suffer for a while. put him in a box in the arizona desert for a few weeks, giving him enough food to live. then, either let him starve or better yet, let the family members of the people he killed take care of him. i know if some one in my family was killed by him i would want to take a spiked bat to his head

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Actually he didn't do it for the sport. Brush up on the case and you'll see he had a motive.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

You are the being no worse than the murderer, by wishing insufferable anguish.

In this I have no qualms.

I didn't say I wish them anguish. I said I would think that some proponents of the death penalty would see it as a worse punishment. The death penalty is not for the assurance that they will not kill again. It is supposed to be a deterrent to those who may have tendencies to kill.

Even so, if you say it's for the assurance, then you're essentially killing them for something they MIGHT do in the future. (that is, if they were put away for life and somehow escaped).

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm disappointed it's taken this long. As soon as they were sure they had the right guy they should have just taken him out back and shot him in the face.

Just my opinion of course.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that this guy just happened to kill an FBI agent.

Isn't it a well-established tactic when knocking someone off to take out a few other random victims to make your target look like someone who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah,,,,, Is there a line to give this piece of crap the needle????

If so, how much will it cost to get to the front? I'll pay.

Let's hope they screw it up so he suffers A LOT !!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
But if you throw the innovative idea out there of the prison system being self-sufficient I agree more with life in prison. What do you think criminals fear more nowadays? Death or actually having to work?

As hard as the special interests have fought the idea of making prisoners do anything beyond watch tv, you'd think it is more scary for them to have to work.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Might as well kill him too. I mean, if you're gonna kill people you might as well expect that you will die too.

Not that I even care either way. I'm sure right now he wants to die, so just let it be.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
no he should be put to hard labor for the rest of his life.. he should wish every day for death.. death sentence is too easy

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I understand your point-of-view, and even relate to it. If, big IF, we could have postive assurance that people such as this truly were in prison FOR LIFE, then I might concede and even agree.

We have no such assurance. Thus, I say, kill him legally, make it final, he has voided his right to life by wasting the otherwise potentially productive lives of others. Zip.

Thank you, BTW, for your even-handed way of handling this hot-button topic. Respect.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

Ditto, however I heard it costs the US taxpayer about $80k+ a year to keep someone in prison, more for those that need to be isolated so another inmate does not kill them...

He needs hard labor that should result in a profit for us. What kind of hard labor could that be? What could we possibly make that asshole do for the rest of his life that would make us some money, instead of tapping an alread dwindled economy. think think....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by nunya13

If, big IF, we could have postive assurance that people such as this truly were in prison FOR LIFE, then I might concede and even agree.
We have no such assurance. Thus, I say, kill him legally...

However, if the big issue is the sanctity of life, plus an annoying habit of convicted murderers being subsequently found innocent, does it not make more sense to lobby for a better judicial/penal system than to kill people?

Further...for those found innocent after execution, should the system not be held to account? You know, kill all the jurors, the judge, prosecutor...all those who aided and abetted the crime.

I think we've established that "Oops!" is not a credible defence.

Troublesome...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
No, i think capital punishment is backwards and an easy way out. He should be locked up for life and made to pay for his time in prison through hard labour...in an ideal world anyway. So no he should not be executed because im not a proponent of capital punishment.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Solomons]

Will he also have to pay for his own imprisonment or will we? Maybe you are willing to pay for him to live after he murdered all those people. If you want to pay for him to live, start a donation, but as for me, shoot the f***** dead.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

well dont worry your little american socks..

in a few hours the murderer will be dead, he will not care about a dam thing as he will be dead and habe no way of feeling anything!!!! And, if their IS such a thing as afterlife, in your abnoxious americhristian haze you have all forgot one main point.. he is not a christian .. he will no doubt be seen by alot of people as a martyr... and his religion treats martyrs very well in the afterlife.

right now, he is probably sitting in his cell, eating a really nice last meal thinking "bring on the virgins!!!!!"

Gooooo Death penalty!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

May his last meal be pork and his 72 virgins of the same gender.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Right about now - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

However, if the big issue is the sanctity of life, plus an annoying habit of convicted murderers being subsequently found innocent, does it not make more sense to lobby for a better judicial/penal system than to kill people?

I think we've established that "Oops!" is not a credible defence.

Troublesome...

You raise a good point for which I have no answer. I think it's important to look at the death penalty in the light you presented. I must admit that I don't have any faith in the ability of the U.S. judicial system to properly investigate the convicted after their sentencing.

Further...for those found innocent after execution, should the system not be held to account? You know, kill all the jurors, the judge, prosecutor...all those who aided and abetted the crime.
Delightfully tongue-in-cheek. No, of course they should not be held culpable. They did their best. Nobody likes jury duty, and the rest are fulfilling their mandated duty.

Cases such as this one we're discussing, upon conviction, seem very cut-and-dried to me. Still, I understand your point, acknowledge the out-of-paradigm kick in the ass, and I thank you for it.

What you post made me realize is that we tend to view things as a case-by-case basis, very personalized, full of emotional response. I do anyway. The justice system demands a methodology that is and can be utilized on ALL cases, without individual case consideration. I don't have the answer, other than the previously acknowledged easy way out, the knee-jerk, which is "FRY 'IM".

Pity, you know, that "frying" is no longer an option. I'd be interested in statistics concerning modern-day death sentences that have subsequently lead to an aquittal, or, sadly a posthuminous one.

thanks for the food for thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl4ckH4wk545

wow, how anti muslim...

i just had to wonder what was behind that comment, you been here 4 days and posted in 2 topics JUST to say something anti muslim?

thats not really to clever dude.

anyway... in your muslim hating rage you missed one big thing, and if your into religion you cant really argue his future, as his religion clearly states what they have waiting...and if the word of their god is wrong then so is the word of your god!

, if his religion does deem him a martyr.. their will be no pork, only chicken and beef, and no transgender virgins... just hotties!

www.al-islam.org...

again... congratulations on giving someone A the easy way out and B something to actualy look forward to!

god i hate religion!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else think that this was the fastest death row case in the last 40 years. I mean usually if you get the death penalty, you won't see execution until probably 13 or 15 years from the incident. He committed these killings back in 2002, and 7 years later he's getting executed? He deserves to pay for what he did, but why all of a sudden a fast turn around to the deathhouse tonight.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You know, I really appreciate your consideration of my comments. If it were me and mine...I know I'd be looking for blood and that is the perfectly natural response. But I don't want my government to act that way, or the law... to use the rights to violence we hand them in a reactionary manner.

We no longer have the death penalty here in Canada, and to underscore my points, there have been a number of high-profile 'lifers' released in the last while because the case against them fell apart under new/closer scrutiny.

Better to banish them to a life of hard labour, make them work for their keep and reflect upon their sins. That, to me, seems just. But that is simply my opinion...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join