It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should D.C.Muslim Sniper Be Executed Tonight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lethal injection does seem like the 'kind' thing to do - and to be honest he does not deserve that... I'm thinking more like a very slow and sadistic steam roller driver starting at his ankles - stopping for a long lunch at his knees and then just seeing how the rest of the day pans out...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Solomons
He should be locked up for life and made to pay for his time in prison through hard labour...in an ideal world anyway.

Unfortunately,
There are too many people who believe in giving a murderer life in prison and then saddling society with caring for him for the rest of his life which costs a great deal of money.

Prisons should be self sufficient.
Grow their own food, make their own clothing and so forth.
Any extra labor beyond that should be used to create products and goods for consumption by other prisons in the system and to pay the taxpayers back for the money it took to build the prison in the first place.

Those that will be leaving prison after paying their debt should have a resume and skills to offer beyond lifting weights, watching cable, avoiding gang rape in the shower and making a shank out of household items.

Prison is a revolving door nowdays because it's hard to convince someone that you can be trusted and hold a job when you have been sitting in a cell doing nothing for years.

STAR to you Sir

Second line and all that stuff.

Mod Edit- Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

He should be locked up for life and made to pay for his time in prison through hard labour...in an ideal world anyway.

Unfortunately,
There are too many people who believe in giving a murderer life in prison and then saddling society with caring for him for the rest of his life which costs a great deal of money.

Prisons should be self sufficient.
Grow their own food, make their own clothing and so forth.
Any extra labor beyond that should be used to create products and goods for consumption by other prisons in the system and to pay the taxpayers back for the money it took to build the prison in the first place.

Those that will be leaving prison after paying their debt should have a resume and skills to offer beyond lifting weights, watching cable, avoiding gang rape in the shower and making a shank out of household items.

Prison is a revolving door nowdays because it's hard to convince someone that you can be trusted and hold a job when you have been sitting in a cell doing nothing for years.

You, sir/madam, are a genius. I wonder if anyone has ever mentioned to anyone in power anything about a prison being self sufficient. I would be more for life in prison than the death penalty.

The death penalty seems like a double edged sword to me. I can either act as my emotions drives me or as my morality meter drives me. My morality tells me that yes, killing a killer is just renewing the cycle. But my emotions shout "hang him!" because of the killing he had done, all the lives he ruined/ended.

But if you throw the innovative idea out there of the prison system being self-sufficient I agree more with life in prison. What do you think criminals fear more nowadays? Death or actually having to work?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

Just out of interest, could YOU put this man to death? Would you be happy to pull the trigger or flick the switch. I ask as we had a programme in the UK the other night bout the death penalty. the most difficult part must be for the person who carries out the execution. Unlike the majority in the UK I am glad we don't have the death penalty here.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

We have far to many lawyers maintaining the status quo in our pathetic legal system to ever see any drastic change in my lifetime. I would rather send the scumbags up to Canada for a Winter filled with activities such as ice harvesting on the Hudson Bay. Perhaps that will give them some much needed God time to reflect back on the sins of their past. If were lucky we will lose a few to hypothermia. Brrr....

Once again, we basically agree (doesn't happen a lot
) I do not support capital punishment...nor do I support the coddling of bad guys. There are plenty of nasty environments on this continent, and plenty of nasty activities that would enable murderers, etc, to earn their keep. That is something I wholeheartedly support. When you think about it...the only thing wrong with Soviet gulags was the propensity for sending political dissidents there.

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
from all the comments on here and amongst our friends and families, you gotta wonder where the whole idea about prison and 3 meals a day and health care and all that junk even comes form... if it were left up to the populice it seems, "an eye for an eye"

Ah...revenge is a heated emotion...justice should be merciful but dispassionate. Facts should decide the case and the punishment, not feelings. That only leads to mob rule.

HOWEVER...where punishment and/or segregation from society is mandated, I don't want to pay for no picnic.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yes.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why spend tax payer money keeping him in prison for the rest of his life, just kill the bastard.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No, i think capital punishment is backwards and an easy way out. He should be locked up for life and made to pay for his time in prison through hard labour...in an ideal world anyway. So no he should not be executed because im not a proponent of capital punishment.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Solomons]

But the problem with that is that as long as he is still alive, there is the possibility that some politically correct "do-gooders" will come along in the future and let him out (because he had a lousy childhood or some such drivel).

[edit on 11/10/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As a member of a murder victim's immediate family, I say yes, and it's not about whether life in prison is more punishing than death or how much it costs to house a prisoner. It is because when he is dead it is guaranteed he will never kill again.

The guy that killed my grandmother was in prison for years on appeals after he was sentenced to death, before the death penalty was actually carried out. People protested outside the prison, it was covered on all the news channels, etc. No stay was granted and he finally got the chair. I'm glad no family will ever again have to go through what we did because of that man.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Those who can take anothers life in cold blood, for no reason, and willingly to do so, do not get the same acceptance from me. And this shows your society feels the same.

Why do you waste your care on this swine?

Evil is evil, despite this .. and why do you call it G_D when it is god? Or God. I've never understood that. but despite it, this evil animal killed relentlessly without mercy, without misguided intent. With full malice.

This world suffers enough as it is, to let these things live to possibly recreate or perpetuate their crimes....... no.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
It costs alot of money to house him for the rest of his life so I say yes.
If he doesn't like it then maybe he shouldn't have killed people.
I also don't like how he did it like a coward from a distance...not that there is a right way to do it but just hiding and eluding like that makes me say yes....he is worthy of death and not housing for the rest of his life.
I would rather spend the money on our future instead.

It actually costs more to kill the scum after appeals and due process than to house them indefinitely.

IMO, the knowledge they will die is worth this.

as long as the guilt is indisputable, I'd willingly contribute in order to pay to do it.

This cretin deserves no mercy, no LIFE sentence. Just the death sentence.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nope. I'm firmly against the death penalty.

Besides, I've often wondered why proponents of the death penalty think it's the worst punishment one can receive. I would think that locking someone up in solitary for the rest of their life is worse. Why do you think people who are locked up like that try to kill themselves? Because they'd rather be dead than live the rest of their life like that.

And to be a broken record here, killing someone who killed someone makes you no better than that person. I see no justification for death in any other circumstance other than to defend your own life or that of another if in imminent danger.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

wow,. ive normaly seen your posts and disagreed! on this one thought your bang on.

its as simple as " two wrongs dont make a right" .. im sure aging to death in a cell is much worse than a quick and easy death...

death is not a solution, its more like sweeping it under the carpet ... like, "oh, he is dead now , he has been punished"

fact is, when you die,,, you die ... you are no longer being punished when your dead!

He will be punished in Hell beyond anything we could dream up here and it will be for eternity...
Send him now!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The premise of prison is that the inmate goes to jail AS punishment, not FOR punishment.

The death penalty is not to make them suffer but to ensure they never enact their crimes again.

You are the being no worse than the murderer, by wishing insufferable anguish.

In this I have no qualms.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This guy targeted people for sport. This was not a robbery gone wrong or a vendetta or any other reason.

Just for the sport of it.

I would pay to see this scumbag die.

I would even do it if they let me.

And sleep well that night.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

i agree. let god take care of them, after we execute them.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Our sheriff does that here in Phoenix. We have chain gangs and the inmates pay for their food and live in tents...
But all the sheriff gets is grief from all the liberals and illegals saying he is too hard on the poor criminals. It doesn't work if people are not willing to let these scum really pay for their crimes.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think they should bring back the electric chair for him,lol life in prison where he will get 3 meals a day roof over his head,what about poor victims,can their dead family do the same?,he has no use in society,and yes in this case I certainly could pull the trigger

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't care a whit about J.A. Muhammad's alleged religion, or his lack of it, anything having to do with it.

He was tried in the U.S. judicial system by a jury of his peers and was convicted. I believe he should be put to death as soon as is possible. There is nothing gained by keeping a broken human being alive. I am glad the justice system does not condone torture prior to the death sentence, however I would not begrudge the family of the victims that momentary fantasy.

Kill him, and do so dispassionately and quickly; the sooner he is gone, the sooner we do not have to see him, hear about him or his failed life.

fini

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would rather this guy die then waste tax payer money supporting him. Oh hey we can just release him, and let the kids of the world know that ITS OK to kill people?? No i dont think so!

The Justice system (alone in the U.S.(related to criminals not neccessaringly the full justice system)- which is also the largest criminal system in the world) spends over a billion dollars a year on criminals. 30-40% of which will never see the light of day again... also the 30-40% cost more money due to their old age. Older inmates cost about 80000 a year to house and take care of. The regular inmates are only about 20-30000.

I say anyone who takes a life murderously deserves to die immediately. Life is eternal, they will have another chance next time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join