It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should D.C.Muslim Sniper Be Executed Tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
It costs alot of money to house him for the rest of his life so I say yes.
If he doesn't like it then maybe he shouldn't have killed people.

That puts a financial value upon a human life...you really want to open that door? By far the worst argument in favour of capital punishment out there, and the one most likely to dehumanize society on a larger scale.

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Solomons

Hard Labor does not exist in this country anymore. It is not politically correct to put the scumbags to work. Instead they live in relative comfort with 3 meals, healthcare, education and plenty of free time at their disposal. All paid for by the kind and ever so generous US taxpayers.

So, is it not more Christian to change the Judicial system than to kill people instead? Mind you, that would take a little work, now, wouldn't it.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree that i should not have said the word sheeple, but people jump to conclusions on what other people think to much on ATS. I cant just let that slide by, otherwise that perspective will stay the same.

Its like saying, were going to discuss gas, whats the price? thats off topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

These were just examples, I could go on, you may have GE light bulbs in your house, nike sneakers, eat a candy bar, listen to music, dude I can go on forever, my point is you cannot avoid it, unless you live in the woods in a self made shack, grow your own food, make your own clothes and produce your own entertainment.....oh, but have a internet connection, if this is the case then please accept my humble appology.

*edit for spelling

[edit on 10-11-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

People like him have demonstrated that they cannot work or play well with others in the most heinous of ways. I see no benefit whatsoever to allowing their continued existence on Earth, even if that existence is spent behind bars for the rest of their days. When you find a rotten apple in a bushel, you do not simply remove it and place it into another bushel of apples... you throw it away. John Allen Muhammed is the rottenest of apples and needs to be erradicated from the crop.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I fear if i continue i will go to far off topic. My conclusion is, if you going to kill someone for killing someone, where is the humanity? Where is the right? you have to allow that person to truly look at what they did by telling them to take away all the BS they learned through out their lives. this takes time, but it works.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I actually very much agree on that.
However looking at how comfy he would live his life after doing some pretty inhumane things,I wonder if life in prison is too good for him considering the cost.
You are right tho,putting a dollar value on a person is wrong.
Things are never as easy as we wish they were.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

I fear if i continue i will go to far off topic. My conclusion is, if you going to kill someone for killing someone, where is the humanity? Where is the right? you have to allow that person to truly look at what they did by telling them to take away all the BS they learned through out their lives. this takes time, but it works.

Well thats a much more productive post than calling me sheeple,
But, my morals I fear are different than yours, he lost his ties to humanity when he commited those crimes IMO. I know if it was my kids they killed i'd feel better taking his eye out with a spoon.....again...everyones different

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hell has been waiting for this wretched soul.Tonight his real sentence begins and its eternal.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

We have far to many lawyers maintaining the status quo in our pathetic legal system to ever see any drastic change in my lifetime. I would rather send the scumbags up to Canada for a Winter filled with activities such as ice harvesting on the Hudson Bay. Perhaps that will give them some much needed God time to reflect back on the sins of their past. If were lucky we will lose a few to hypothermia. Brrr....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Very true, i forgot to put myself in the parents shoes. I admit, i would fell much anger, but if in the future after, that man saw what he did wrong, and was truly sorry for it, and he cant comprehend why he would do something like that due to his new level of consciousness, i think thats justice enough. he has the regret. the pain that the parents carry, but only if he allows himself to see.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This coward's execution is merely speeding up the process for what God has in store for him. As it was mentioned before, he will certainly live the rest of his eternal life in utter despair.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Do you actually mean that? Using 2000 odd year old superstitions such as people floating to a good or bad place when they die is enough for you to deem capital punishment an actual *punishment*? . I would rather stick with what we do know..and i know that if i lived all my life in prison,hard labour 7 days a week with only the basics to sustain me is a damn good punishment. Then again im speaking hypothetically as like someone mentioned...they live in relative luxury when it comes to prison these days. That should be changed, extremist human rights folks would be all over it though i imagine.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I think that killing this guy is just handing him a get out of jail free card. Unfortunately, this is America, and the punishment this guy deserves is illegal. People complain about tax payers having to pay to maintain care for this guy and people like him. I'm willing to bet there are some people out there who would gladly pay for this scum to get the punishment that he REALLY deserves.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Death seems to be the easy way out...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Whether he learns a lesson or comes to realize that he did something wrong is really a non-issue for me. Wrong as it may be, in today's harsh reality of over-crowded prisons and budget shortfalls, I have to look at it from a financial viewpoint. Should we continue to use tax money from the innocent citizens of America to keep this guy housed, fed and medically cared for over another 30 or 40 year period, or do we save that cash for better purposes and free up a cell for someone else? I think that it makes sense to put our tax money and prison cells to better use.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
from all the comments on here and amongst our friends and families, you gotta wonder where the whole idea about prison and 3 meals a day and health care and all that junk even comes form... if it were left up to the populice it seems, "an eye for an eye"

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They should make it a two for one deal and take care of the Fort Hood and DC Sniper shooters in one sitting. I agree, taxpayers should not have to pay to house and feed these monsters. Line them up and use one bullet.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
This coward's execution is merely speeding up the process for what God has in store for him. As it was mentioned before, he will certainly live the rest of his eternal life in utter despair.

This is where i disagree .. as much as alot of you love god/religion .. you have to step back and realise, once the guys dead ... thats it, he is dead..worm food and ect, their is no eternal pit of damnation.

and you have to also realise, his religion was not the same as YOUR religion, in his religion /customs/beliefs he may NOT been seen as someone who will go to "hell" ... what if this guy is seen by a marter by his faith (not knowing much about his faith i cannot comment). If this is/was the case, is'nt this more Deffinitelly an easy way out on all sides.

letting someone rott in a cell till they die of old age, with no rights or freedoms and forced to confirm to that system or be punished seems to be a wee bit more work, but a lot better punishment!

not only that, but you make him work for his non freedom!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
He should be locked up for life and made to pay for his time in prison through hard labour...in an ideal world anyway.

Unfortunately,
There are too many people who believe in giving a murderer life in prison and then saddling society with caring for him for the rest of his life which costs a great deal of money.

Prisons should be self sufficient.
Grow their own food, make their own clothing and so forth.
Any extra labor beyond that should be used to create products and goods for consumption by other prisons in the system and to pay the taxpayers back for the money it took to build the prison in the first place.

Those that will be leaving prison after paying their debt should have a resume and skills to offer beyond lifting weights, watching cable, avoiding gang rape in the shower and making a shank out of household items.

Prison is a revolving door nowdays because it's hard to convince someone that you can be trusted and hold a job when you have been sitting in a cell doing nothing for years.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

its not unfortunate that people think murder is not the solution to murder. It shows we have evolved a bit scince those crazy commandments were written.

but , for the most i agree with you!! they should not be killed, but locked up, made to work..like old days prison, sent to a mine or something productive (for us) but really bad , hellish even for the perp!

i just think they should be made to suffer.... and theirs no suffering once your dead!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join