It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Riiiiight.......

So based on that "Better to be safe than sorry" opinion, EVERY person who speaks out against this war should be labelled an extremist terrorist and carted off to some secret torture camp in Syria? That's really what you are saying here isn't it, lets be honest now.....

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
here are my beliefs on subject at hand.
1 there was more than one gunman why because unless he is the terminator that is a high body count forr a psychiatrist. and before you say anything about va tech gunman operating alone he was at a university not at worlds biggest army post
2 i believe he was some sort of sleeper agent positioned there with others just for this purpose
3why is everyone trying to fall for excuse i did it because i was picked on. hell i used that to cover my crimes when i was like 12. so he is a muslim so what he still did a terrorist attack.
4why was he listed as only soldier when orginally it was posted that there were 3. well either the powers that be don't want u to know that there are still 2 killers in country or they might have been killed and mistaken for victims

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Why do some of you guys deny this was an act of terrorism?

What planet are you from?

I don't understand the denial I see all over this forum, they sure have you brainwashed,

So they have us brainwashed, is that what you're trying to say? The terrorists have brainwashed us into questioning our government's explanation of what happened? We have all become unwilling Islamic plants in some plot to undermine America?

Or perhaps it is you who have been brainwashed, into believing everything you hear. Perhaps you take it all in too easily. He was Islamic, and attended a mosque, so he must be a filthy terrorist, right?

There's no chance at all that he was just another American (this country is composed of hundreds of nationalities and religions, remember) who got caught up in stress and snapped, is there?

There's no chance that he is a scapegoat, right? A likely suspect chosen, because of his ethnicity, by those operating behind the scenes in order to take the fall for some other event that was taking place at that time. FFS, we aren't even sure he was the only shooter!

And we're the brainwashed ones for not simply writing this off as a simple act of "terrorism" and moving on.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Finally a little sanity from the media and the investigators of this:

www.smh.com.au...

Police believe gunman NOT part of terrorist plot

FORT HOOD: Investigators examining the massacre at the military base at Fort Hood, Texas, on Thursday have concluded that the army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan acted alone when he gunned down his colleagues and have tentatively concluded that his actions were not part of a terrorist plot.

The military announced initial conclusions as the 60,000-strong army population at Fort Hood prepared for an emotional few days, beginning with church services yesterday and a memorial service tomorrow that will be attended by the President and first lady, Barack and Michelle Obama.

In a briefing at the base on Saturday night, a spokesman for the Army Criminal Investigation Division, Chris Grey, said: ''All evidence collected so far indicates that the suspect acted alone in the actual shootings at the readiness centre. We have no evidence so far that contradicts that finding.''

He said investigators had not yet established a motive for the shootings, but The New York Times reported they had tentatively concluded that this was not part of a terrorist plot.

Citing federal officials briefed on the inquiry, the Times said investigators had come to believe that Major Hasan acted under a welter of emotional, ideological and religious pressures.

They have not ruled out the possibility that he believed he was carrying out an extremist's suicide mission but, working with behavioural experts, they think it is more likely he may have long suffered from emotional problems that were exacerbated by the tensions of his work with veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who returned home with serious psychiatric problems.

A Fort Hood spokesman, Colonel John Rossi, confirmed that Major Hasan was due to be deployed to Afghanistan late this month.

Colonel Rossi was asked whether the wounded included five members of the mental health team where Major Hasan worked, which would point to the conclusion that he was acting out against pressures in his workplace. He confirmed that there were several combat stress team members - the area where Major Hasan worked - among the casualties.

Investigators have Major Hasan's computer and have interviewed members of his family, which has helped come to this early theory.

There have been numerous reports from colleagues, though not from the army officials, that the psychiatrist had been showing increasing signs of erratic behaviour.

www.smh.com.au...

Can we end this madness now? We have just heard it straight from the horses mouth that they do not believe that this was linked to "terrorism". Enough with the lies already.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This guy spent some time at the same place(church) some "terrorist"(911) did some years back and that effected this outcome. That's as silly as saying that some guy "Barry" spent some time at the same place(church) some "terrorist"(Bill Heirs, Jeramiah Wright) did, sometimes recently, and it'll effect his outcome. That is just silly... Right?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He was Islamic, and attended a mosque, so he must be a filthy terrorist, right?

You're damn right. Instead of having a ridiculous argument over whether he is a patsy or a terrorist, we ought to be going through every other military base in the country and discharging any muslims found there. Religion of peace my ass....they obviously can't be trusted for ANY job besides maybe fry cook, then again it would suck to have hot oil splashed in your face while Omar screams Allah Akbar at you. Maybe janitor? No, involves caustic chemicals....they would probably use them to make a bomb. Ok, I'm out of ideas...let's just round them up and deport them!

Now THAT would be change I could believe in...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
And yet, despite all of the surveillance of the population, costing hundreds of Billions of taxpayers money, all of the police state actions, they still didn't prevent this happening. Kinda looks like just one big failure on the part of the government, Homeland Security, the FBI, CIA, NSA and the armed forces.

This story just looks like a desperate attempt to create a link where one doesn't exist. Why are they not addressing all of the credible reports of multiple shooters on the day? Looks like there is certainly a lot more to this event that is being covered up and they are pushing a patsy on us. I wonder if he'll ever regain consciousness and get to tell his side of things?

No matter what kind of surveillance country you have, short of implants, no government will ever be able to prevent a lone person from going ape nuts, and shooting or stabbing or driving a car into a crowded area.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Quoting from the article:

In a briefing at the base on Saturday night, a spokesman for the Army Criminal Investigation Division, Chris Grey, said: ''All evidence collected so far indicates that the suspect acted alone in the actual shootings at the readiness centre. We have no evidence so far that contradicts that finding.''

"...acted alone in the actual shootings" Seems like pretty precise words which may indicate that he did not act alone entirely as far as planning and other aspects of this horrific event but only in the "actual shootings". Anyway, just my opinion. Guess we shall see in the days and months ahead.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There was a guy on coast to coast within the last couple of days saying these same things.
I suppose C2C is now msm also then.
He had written a book and had an hour plug either last night or the night before.
I hear him then I see this.
I dunno. Makes ya think is all.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

You know what i think?

Slack Security measures are to blame for this murder spree... obviously hasan wasn;'t being checked out himself.... probably he was ok because he's a Psychiatrist!!

Same with our open door policy.... anyone can get in here...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman

He was Islamic, and attended a mosque, so he must be a filthy terrorist, right?

You're damn right. Instead of having a ridiculous argument over whether he is a patsy or a terrorist, we ought to be going through every other military base in the country and discharging any muslims found there. Religion of peace my ass....they obviously can't be trusted for ANY job besides maybe fry cook, then again it would suck to have hot oil splashed in your face while Omar screams Allah Akbar at you. Maybe janitor? No, involves caustic chemicals....they would probably use them to make a bomb. Ok, I'm out of ideas...let's just round them up and deport them!

Now THAT would be change I could believe in...

Ok, are the mods going to allow this imbecile to continue posting ridiculous nonsense like this or what? Why hasn't a mod permanently banned his mac adress from ever accesing this site again?

Really, do it!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In respect of the victims families and friends. Take 30 second without doing anything and just think of them.
Even if it is a conspiracy, its still a tragedy in every way you might think.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Btw.

His work was to rehabilitate soldiers arriving back from the war. He got everything in raw details every day. Every grusome nightmare will be written down in journals.

When you then get to know yourself are going to that hell and you already know what is next, and to make it even worse he's a american muslim from USA that work for the country. How long will you live? Noone will trust you on any side of the war.

I would go crazy, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost artisticI would go crazy, wouldn't you?

No, because it would be my job and I'd be helping those who need help.

I would, however, go crazy if I was helping those who need help because they impacted something I believe strongly in.

Anyway, I find it ironic that the UK source says that it might be terrorist but the AU source says that it's completely 100% not the case.

I'd like to hear an American source on the matter before blaming my government on this one.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Message to Moslems and other "Global Majorities" with an American chip on their shoulders:

NO ONE ASKED YOU TO COME TO WHAT WAS AN EXCLUSIVELY PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN LAND WITH A 90% NORTHERN EUROPEAN POPULATION.

As recently as the 1980s, it was still 85% European and 90% Christian.

Now, after infiltrating our land with any number of excuses and pretexts, WE are supposed to be ASHAMED that some ALIEN FOREIGNER is MOCKED for his ALIEN BELIEFS AND RACE?

TOO BAD.

Like I said, NO ONE INVITED YOU HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you can't deal with European Christians that don't like you: LEAVE.

"Enough is enough and too much is too much."

My prediction: "tolerance" and with it the multicult, are soon to come to an abrupt and potentially violent end.

This is a law of history.

reply to post by Kryties

[edit on 8-11-2009 by joeofthemountain]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This stinks to hell of propaganda...the day after the shooting I was listening to the radio and I think the news reporter talked more about how the guy was muslim than the actual shooting itself. They felt it was necessary to mention that he "prayed FIVE TIMES A DAY!"
. MSM is giving it all they got to grow more hatred toward muslims. I wonder what country THIS issue will take us into, and how much more it will cost us?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

How long before people open their eyes an see the obvious?!

Any time they need a distraction to keep the attention away from a major situation like "nationalized health care" something conveniently happens.

This takes the eyes and attention off health care bill and helps them with banning guns - especially to service men and women.

It is so obvious!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, is there some reason most of you seem unwilling to even accept the possibility of the shooter being connected to terrorists? I mean, right way, you all assume it was some false flag or black ops event. Why are you unable to even consider that this guy really may have been connected in some way?

Personally I do not think he was, but wherever the evidence leads I will let my opinions follow.

Oh and by the way, to the poster that said the reason he did this was because he was picked on by others; that is absurd. There is no excuse for this. If you think that under the same conditions you would kill US troops, you should be institutionalized now.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
God damn you people are sick. Im so sick and tired of the liberal mindset, every single terrorist/killer/felon/whatever is always the victim. "oh its not his fault he was bullied by other soldiers" or whatever. its always something else, its always someone else's fault, no individual responsibility EVER. This guy is a scumbag muslim that "couldn't fight his muslim brothers"? Really? he was a shrink, he wouldnt have been within 100 miles of any fight. He's a POS. Its been said before..."not every muslim is a terrorist but every terrorist is a muslim" stereotypes exist for a reason.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

So does that apply to non-monotheistic religions as well which aren't related either christianity,judaism, or islam. For instance how about hinduism or buddhism. Maybe they need to start teaching about world religions again in High School. It seems you get your info about other religions from either tv preachers or Fox news. 9/11 has been the worst thing to have ever happened to freedom of religion in this country. I've been studying buddhism and practicing meditation for a long time. If this was the 1960's I would be called a tree-hugging hippie. Because of 9/11 and because I'm a spiritual person and have a non-traditional view of god I'm lumped with the terrorists. I find this offensive and insulting and un-patriotic because the last time I looked freedom of religion was in the bill of rights. Also contrary to what the tv preachers have said about the founding fathers most weren't exactly card-caring holy-rollers either or bible thumpers. Thomas Jefferson had doubts about Jesus' divinity and had even wrote his own bible. I'm not trying to preach hate, in fact I'm beginning to hate the hate. It's ruining are country and destroying freedom of religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join