It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri- Latest UFO hotspot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I went to the MUFON page and did search of last 20 sitings. Turns out several from Mo showed up- some wih photos. When I then searched on the state..50 sightings were reported in the last few monthes. I thought maybe it would be worth a discussion here.. Some sound like the Tinley Park Chi sightings. Here are some photos
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
morphing planes
www.mufoncms.com...
some resembling Stephensville Texas photos
www.mufoncms.com...

www.mufoncms.com...

another ealier from between May and July
www.mufoncms.com...

Some may be hoaxes just wanted to point some attention here..

REMINDER!
Please do not just post a bunch of links...not everyone will have the ability to click on them. Post a good description of what the link is....
Starting a New Thread:
Be Descriptive: Please do not create minimal thread-starters that simply ask people to check out a link or video.

edit on July 5th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Will keep an eye out... Do they still have Ufo weather maps at the mufon website? Btw good to see u back on the threads!

-Kdial1

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I saw an orange one like one of those pictures last month. Edit: In Missouri too.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

The morphing plane thing is just too much for me. Like those videos of UFOsinPA or whatever it is on youtube. Really going to need a LOT more evidence of this actually happening then blurry images and a video of a blinking lights that sounds and looks like a plane to convince anyone a UFO morphed into a "fake" plane. No offense to you btw.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The first two images.... They most definitely look like they were added afterwards. Maybe the original photos' owner tried to enhance them, and if they did, they did themselves a dis-service. The jet morph, I have never thought was legit. The last two might be the real thing, but naturally, they are buggered up stereotypical blurs/smudges. I know it's not easy to get images at distance if they're moving, and generally I think this is what makes them a bit more authentic because of the rush to snap the image.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have posted this before..
Missouri is in the middle of theUSA and is the most logical "last place to get hit by missles" and easily the best launch area due to it being the last standing, so it ..to me.. using common sense that it is where the largest part of our nuclear warheads ICBM's is positioned..over 80 if my memory serves me right.
In the area between KC, Spfd, and Lebanon MO.
With the biggest portion around Eldorado Springs...
As for the recent activity, I'm not up to speed on!
But in the past, from 1959-1970 when all these silo's were built, there were 100's if not 1000's of UFO reports then.
It was not uncommon for them to be in our back yards, friends and my self all played around them and at times on top of them, "not truely knowing what we were doing at the time!
One guy in our nieborhood, went to jail, he was so against them that he was beating on the top of the underground silo with a sledge hammer, wanting them off his property!
Here I go telling my age....
.....I am right square in the middle of whiteman AFB, Ft Wood, and the military landing refueling, trianing facilty near Springfield.
I have found numorous articles, mostly on microfilm in the archives of small town local libraries...before digital stored info. of 100's of sightings.
This area is not new to UFO's and as far as it being a hot spot, I tend to think it is just current media attention..

just my 2 peso's

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
In the first pic you can see the pixelation, this was clearly added in.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2aadbe4f1bf2.jpg[/atsimg]
same story with the 2nd photo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09a46ddfda8e.jpg[/atsimg]
The third photo is a blurry plane next to another plane and is not worth my time.
the rest of them are not really worth my time either, the dar one could be anything, the one resembling the texas incident does not relly look like the thing in the sky fits into the surroundings as it is sharper than everything else in the photo even when zoomed in.
The last one is a picture of a picture and you can clearly see the monitor on the edge of the photo.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Site X was mentioned in one of recent UFO Hunters. Wasn't it Ted Phillips that was one that one with him. There is a previous thread on Marley Woods which is also from Missouri.

www.ufophysical.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by BlackProjects

The morphing plane thing is just too much for me. Like those videos of UFOsinPA or whatever it is on youtube. Really going to need a LOT more evidence of this actually happening then blurry images and a video of a blinking lights that sounds and looks like a plane to convince anyone a UFO morphed into a "fake" plane. No offense to you btw.

The morphing plane pic just looks like a camera out of focus to me or combined with atmospheric distortion or something along those lines. The first couple photos of the white dots are photoshopped the objects edges are sharper than anything else in the photo and if they were bright objects there would be some sort of ghosting or sunburst from the light hitting the lenses optics, these are just plain white dots someone added to a photo nothing more.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I posted this reply to another thread about 2 weeks ago- I tried to reply to another post about Missouri ufos today but it was closed. So, apologies if I'm making a faux pas.

'Friday night, sometime between 10:30-11:00, I was sitting in my yard facing West. Just relaxing with tea.
To my left, a round object appeared and moved in a straight line due West. It was low, that struck me as odd. Maybe only a hundred feet- if that- above ground. Spherical. Silent. Definitely an object. Moving about 15-20 mph. It was lit from within it seemed. Kind of glowed orange.
I went around the corner and watched it travel on until it went over the tops of the trees at the end of the street.

It really seemed like it could be a man made object. Maybe one of those hot air lanterns that people launch during festivals. It was spherical, moved very evenly in a straight line.
'

new topics

top topics

join