It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
reply to post by Laurauk

I think it would be a subversion of free speech and a cowardly indication of encroaching censorship in the media at large if the BNP were banned from attending question time.

I do not watch much mainstream media but question time is one program I do watch because the audience can be merciless with their questions and seeing politicians squirm like the worms that they always brightens my night.

The BNP in my opinion are a political party like it or not and they are entitled to present their views just like any other political party is allowed to present their views. I am not blind, I can see that they are extreme in many of their views but they still have the right to speak even if personally I find their mission statement to be abhorrent.

My opinion of the BNP is not relevant in the context of the ideal of free speech because he has the right and I have the choice to watch, listen or not.

Mr Griffin will either come across with some interesting points or he will shoot himself in the foot. I keep an open mind on his attendance and the things he says because I am willing to hear what he has to say with an open mind.

I do not jump on hate-boats or other related bandwagons and if my mind is to be swayed against him Mr Griffin then can do that himself, I do not welcome the MSM’s efforts in attempting to do so and thus they will always fail in their attempts.

As far as I am concerned the real issues are the wars being fought for peace and democracy the cash for questions, MP’s expenses and the financial crisis (vomitus maximus).

Everything else is just distraction as far as I am concerned so let the man speak I say.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

Brilliant post - echoes my thoughts 100%

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think its all BS and all this anti-BNP protest hype is making them more popular.

BNP claims the immigrant population do not integrate.

I would like to ask Nick Griffin that which one of these would I need to integrate into to become REAL British?

-Hooliganism
-Binge drinking, alcoholism
-Basterdization of society
-A culture with no family values
-A society where religion is being scrapped and atheism is becoming a norm,'we are all apes n chimps chill out have fun'.
-A society where teenage pregnancy is highest in the Europe.
-A society that doesn't know the meaning of Respect or Discipline
-Divorce are at the highest rate
-Promiscuosty, adultery

BNP have recently changed their prime targets from Black's and General Asians to Muslims only and you can see that clearly in their temporary site.

bnp.org.uk...

If BNP do not want any immigrants in this country, than how would the NHS will be able to cope with the shortage of doctors and nurses? we need to remember that not all immigrants are on benefits- there are many who are highly skilled and have degrees/ professional qualifications which are vital to the society such as medics, engineers, lawyers, accountants etc. these people are also taxpayers and hence also partly funding the lives of those 'natives' who are workshy and blame their lack of work on immigrants.

Yes, immigration should be tighter- those who can not speak english and do not make an effort to blend into the British way of life should not be here. but it is not fair to generalize it according to skin color.

BNP’s claims the 'indigenous people' are being outbred by the Muslims immigrant population.

Well Is it muslims fault that the ‘indigenous ‘women only prefer to get married when they are at the mid ages, who prefer a successful career more than family, who dream of fancy cars and luxury holidays,who only prefer to have one or two kids who will end up with a dozen step dads.So please tell me whose to blame?

Muslims work hard and prioritize family more than material and that’s the reason they have big families and strong bonds.

Now you may ask 'Why would BNP change their ideoligy and target muslims only?'

Answer:Well the BNP haven't really changed in any way.The court cases recently against them have forced them to accept people from different ethnic groups otherwise their party funds would have been squeezed finishing them off for good.

Muslims are easy targets for the BNP at this time as anti-islam propaganda and islamic terrorism is hyped in the media everyday. It’s an easy tool to be used to achieve their wider agenda.

Once in power these same people will repeat the massacres that took place by the Serbs in bosnia and by the russians in grozny.

Indeed Britain's future will look brighter if BNP gets in power.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by merkava]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Im cringing at some of the comments in this thread by those who are supposedly "awake" yet you fail to aknowledge the fact that the biggest fascists and criminal tyrants are the government and their "parties". Also many people have fallen for the government propaganda and so missuse the term "fascist". I dispare sometimes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just a thought: Maybe TPTB in the UK are trying to censor the BNP, because they resonate so strongly with a big demographic on the Island? Maybe the BNP's opponents are scared?

You can't have it both ways; either you are for Democracy/freedom of speech, or you are against it. Enough of the double speak. If people truly believe in a free society, opposing views shouldn't be silenced.

Just my opinion. I don't particularly agree with the BNP's stance on a lot of issues, but I defend their right to express them.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is anyone watching this on BBC now?

It's fantastic! Wish the audience would stop whooping though. It's bringing the tone down.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Is anyone watching this on BBC now?

Yeh griffin is gettin ripped to bits.

He's good at mutterin and stuterin though.. 2nd line

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

I am watching it now, he is getting a rough ride, fromn early everyone even the Presenter. Although some of the audience are clapping to some off his repsonces.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
LOFL ,He's getting ripped to shreds ,this scary looking one eyed freak can't give a straight answer to any question , the panel have to be careful though just in case he get's thicko's feeling sorry for him ,

How do you get rid of minorities anyway?.not one person in Britain is pure british, how far do you go?.

The stupid people who support these crackpot's need to get it out of their heads that we are being invaded by foreigner's,but the situation is not helped by the media who drum up a lot of hatred.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
he did get ripped because he does go back on things he said,

However i want to state a point whoch came up, about people voing BNP because the government is letting them down in all places not just immigration.

I voted for them i know a unwise choice because i went on my belief which you can find on page 4 or 5. however after doing alot of reserach on their party i see they have racist views and wish i did research before i voted. Ignorant i know.

But i htink alot of people were like me and the BNP will lose votes because they've researched abit more.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
lol i like how the bbc news covered themselves before the question time braodcast with a asian newsreader a black woman doing the local waether and then some black guy doing the national weather ..

i also like how nick goes on about being a christian and that his ancestors where here 17 000 yrs ago .. and yet according to his faith .. the eart h is 10 000 yrs old .. classic .. . ..

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I dont support any political parties, so i'm not overly concerned. but i just watched it and i thought most of the panel and audience eneded up looking quite childish. Nick Griffin was elected to a position by the public and has a right air his views.
Lots of double standards.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It wasnt his best representation. To have 100 audience members and 5 on the panel ripping him to bits would shake anyone's nerves. He never managed to get a decent answer out without someone heckling him or one of the panel cutting him out.

As for the origin of Europeans, I believe scientifically now its proven we DIDNT come from Africa but from Belgium. A fact Nick Griffin (and the Museum worker) oversaw.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Well thankfully we've come a long way since the days acceptable and normal racism.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All i saw was Nick shot down every time he opened his mouth, I agree with the capping of immagrants, there are far too many, taking jobs that English people could have had in these times of trouble.
He's right in saying muslims come over here for benefits, some have told me openly thats the reason!! but to P.C. people that will be wrong.
What happened to Great Britain, it doesn't seem great any more.

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, that was some what satisfying in as much he (Nick Griifin) had next to no solid argument against any issues brought up.

He was trying to appease and was overly moderate in most of his reponses, he was contradictory on many areas based on known statements he has made in the past.

Despite this he still viewed it as a coup that he was given the opportunity to be on the show but made reference and acknowledged he was only on the show due to the BBC's charter, which was the only thing I agreed with him on.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In a telephone interview on the BBC ive news channel, the BNP websit cording the Mr Griffins has already had over 3 quarters of a million hits as a result of his show.

Weither right or wrong, the show has given the party publicity.

I have a feeling, this will die down by the weekend.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, given that I don't live in Brittain and don't know too much about the BNP, I'd still like to throw my mere two cents into the pot.

The most important speech to protect is the speech of those you disagree with. Even if what they say is full of racism and hatred I don't think it's right to say that they should not have the same opportunity to be given a chance to speak their mind.

As much as I hate what some people say, I think it's important to take heed nonetheless because, unfortunately, there are people who actually agree with such things and it's important to understand where they are coming from.

Given the your ear doesn't mean that you condone anything they are saying. But like I said, it's important not to shut out controversial views in a political debate because then you run the risk of angering them and making them even more extreme. Sometimes to the point that they are willing to do anything to have their voices heard.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

So it is fine for other Political Parties to do this, or were you sickened to the stomache because it was the BNP whom used the images and not the main political parties?

You see the double standards?

Of course it's fine for other political parties to use Churchill's picture and that of the RAF and/or other soldiers?
Why wouldn't it be?

None of the other parties are using them and twisting the reasons that these brave men and women fought in the war... The BNP are.

None of the other political parties discriminate against people because of their race... the BNP do.

There's no double standards whatsoever...

Just an issue of decency and morality.

I don't imagine that many army chiefs would be too pissed off about the LIb Dems or the Tories using Churchill's or WWII images in their campaigns...

But the BNP???

Gimme a break.

They stand in direct opposition to everything that we fought for in the war.

They are truly disgusting.

And I'm glad that most people see that.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
"They stand in direct opposition to everything that we fought for in the war.

They are truly disgusting.

And I'm glad that most people see that."

And what did WE as you say fight for, I know what my grandfather fought for, and it wasn't this. And if he was still alive he'd tell you the same.

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ah the pot calling the kettle black. The Labour Party was elected into office on a manifesto supporting "The Third Way", an altogether facist concept. Over the last 12 years the UK government has allowed immigration to spiral out of control to the point where every one is starting to feel the pinch. And it is only likely to get worse as Straw says, there is no cap on immigration and they will not close the door. This sudden increase in population and the economic and social strain that brings has been a little more than some can cope with. This along with the political correctness of the left has slowly needled people to the point of irritation. Everyone is annoyed, you can feel it. Meanwhile our corporatist government has ebbed away at out liberties, scared everyone witless about Asian bogeymen and turned the police force into the new and improved Gestapo.

And what do we get from the publicly funded government mouthpiece that is the BBC? A hit piece on a man who wishes he was half the fascist our elected government has become.

Pot calling the kettle black indeed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join