It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of Noah in Google Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
I thought Christians believed fossils were the work of Satan anyway.

Yes, you and other "non-believers" believe in many stupid things and show incredible bias. One of my favorite quotations is from William James, an American medical doctor, psychologist and philosopher of the 19th century:

“A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows”.

Here on ATS this process tends to be turned upside down somehow. Here everyone knows what the rest of the world dismiss as rediculous or trivial.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The best part of the story of the great floods and Noah was told by Bill Cosby

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Everything about the discovery of Noah's Ark can be found here. It includes video, photos, evidence and research. There is apparently a visitor's center at the site:

www.arkdiscovery.com...

Edit to fix link

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Julie Washington]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Cattle and sheep farm at 15,500 ft where there's snow most of the year?

Going by googles terrain tool that site is only at a height of under 2000m where the boat is said to rest, there are other areas where the boat was said to have hit land before coming to rest on that mount.
wether it's the ark or not I think also that some of the nearby villiage names also translate to something to do with god/bible/noah or something like that. can't quite remember what though.

2000 m = 6561.6 ft (decimal)

Sorry, I mixed this site with another site in the area where anomalies have been examined.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

There have been many attempts to go to this site, but Turkey refuses to allow anyone in. There have been many articles about this, I am sure a quick Google can turn up a few.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Does anyone on this thread subscribe to the Ancient astronaut's idea?

Depends where you look but if you do believe the idea that our 'God(s)' were the universe traversing genetic engineers as explained by many researchers then the occurence of the flood was not quite how told in the bible.

It says roughly that due to the knowledge we had then that it was the dna of animals that was stored aboard the Ark not the physical animals.

Its too fantastic for a lot of people to believe but if you fully look into the theories of Ancient astronauts and come to your own opinion based on whats there it makes for a lot more believable version of the bible and the filling of the ark would have been a hell of a lot easier.

I dunno, probably just made myself look insane. It's more believable than what a billion people on this blue marble currently subscribe to.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
I'm having a really hard time with all this. I just can't understand how so many people can believe something so ridiculous because it's written in a book.

People believe a lot of things written on websites, heard on the television and radio, and a lot of other books that are equally if not moreso "ridiculous".

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

arkdiscovery.com
(Fixed the faulty URL)

It's obvious that the Noah story is much older than 4500 years, when you compare it with similar stories and myths all around the world. And looking at how this giant fossile.... How long time does it take for wood to be fossilised anyway? The earliest archaeological data of civilisation dates to about 4000 BC, we have no data prior to that (as if a flood had destroyed everything, just like the bible claims). However, some gigantic structures like the Sphinx showing excellent craftmanship and aristic skills, date back to around 10,000 BC according to certain scientists. Civilisation is older than Sumer.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

As far as what this structure is in the mountain. I'd be interested to know one way or the other what it actually is.

It is called a syncline. In geology terms, it is a downward-curving fold with layers that dip towards the centre.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

The ancient astronaut theories have much in common with my own beliefs. I believe this planet was selected for it's potential of supporting life, and they leveled it and made it inhabitable. Then they started growing life of all kinds, and eventually they put down a colony of their own kind, us, identical to the Elohim gods as a species. I believe monkeys are simplified humans and all mammals are based on the human genome. Then you have birds, reptiles, dinosaurs and other critters who are the technology of another master species, the Nachash gods. Every now and then these guys come by to check up on their project, to see if we have produced anything they might need, or simply because they were on their way by.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
reply to post by Nutter

As far as what this structure is in the mountain. I'd be interested to know one way or the other what it actually is.

It is called a syncline. In geology terms, it is a downward-curving fold with layers that dip towards the centre.

No, it's not. It...

-- Contains petrified wood, as proven by lab analysis.

-- Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site (arkdiscovery.com). Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!

- Vertical rib timbers on its sides, comprising the skeletal superstructure of a boat. Regular patterns of horizontal and vertical deck support beams are also seen on the deck of the ark.
arkdiscovery.com

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And this is the coolest part:

-- Radar scans show a regular pattern of timbers inside the ark formation, revealing keels, keelsons, gunnels, bulkheads, animal chambers, ramp system, door in right front, two large barrels in the front 14' x 24', and an open center area for air flow to all three levels.
arkdiscovery.com

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I was right with ya until the word Nachash.. Not something I've heard of before? Personally I think with the similarities we hold with apes that we must in some way be descended of them, I believe that humans come from a mixture of apes and the gods who visited this planet.

A big part of backing this up is the appearance of the RH negative blood type, it just popped into existance between 25 and 30,000 years ago and parents who carry this blood can find it more difficult to conceive children, a problem that in nature only occurs when the animal trying to conceive is a cross-breed. A liger for example, completely sterile because of the blood lines mixing.

Its unbelievably interesting once you break the first skeptical barrier

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I was right with ya until the word Nachash..

The Narchash is the Serpent. Apparently he was given dominion over the earth while the other gods were "away". When Satan lifted Jesju up on the big mountain and revealed how this world is infact Satan's dominion, Jesju didn't challenge him.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
reply to post by Nutter

After having skimmed through hundreds of Google images for synclines, I still haven't seen anything even slightly resembling what we see in the OP snapshot from Google Earth. Firstly they're mostly waaay bigger than this, secondly, how do you explain the bitumen-fossile composition of the formation?

Read up below:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Hmm I take the serpent thing as being symbolic, as far as I believe there was the general populace of beings that visited our planet, 2 brothers being the leaders. We were created as slaves in the first instance - an advancement of the monkeys we were before they got here.

Where one wanted to keep us supressed and stupid (God in the bible not allowing 'man' to eat from the tree of knowledge) the other wanting us to have the knowledge and our full potential for ourselves (the serpent offering us the choice). The brother that wanted us to remain the slaves of the visiting gods was obviously annoyed and condemned his brother along with the rest of mankind. I truly believe the 'God' in the bible is the evil one and the serpent was trying to bring man up to their level of consciousness.

There's no explanation given as to why the God of the old and new testaments changes his attitudes so radically towards man, in the old testament he is unforgiving and people will burn eternally for their sins.

New testament comes along and suddenly everyone is forgiven regardless of their sin, the whole focus is on kindness and forgiveness - where does that transition come from?

Its the perversion in the bible created by the Roman catholics, they took what at one point was probably a fair representation of a visit to this planet by other beings and turned into the laughable text we have now.

There are ancient civilisations that pre-date the Egyptians that we are not taught of in school, where are they in the bible? The sumerians with their accounts of the great flood or deluge and their accounts of extraterrestrial visitation. The babylonians, mayans, I could go on and on.

Roman catholicism is the curse on this planet, hence the crusades, hunting down the Knights templar and destroying them, the true protectors of ancient secrets.

I'm not sure if I want to even start on the Pope... a leader bought into power by a proven forged document and has sat there ever since, one of the most powerful and influential figures on the face of this planet and he has no right whatsoever to hold such a position.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

No, it's not. It...

-- Contains petrified wood, as proven by lab analysis.

-- Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site (arkdiscovery.com). Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!

Andrew A. Snelling, a renowned Geologist and research scientist with impeccable credentials, had this to say about the claims regarding the boat-shaped formation at Mt Ararat. He is, by the way, a creationist and heavily involved in this area of research.
creation.com...

The Main Claims at a Glance
True/False?

Radar shows man-made (boat) structure..........FALSE
There is a regular metallic pattern............FALSE
Lab tests show petrified laminated wood........FALSE
Turkish scientists found metal rods............FALSE
Metal artefacts have been proved by lab........FALSE
There are ‘ship’s ribs’ showing................FALSE
There is lots of petrified wood................FALSE
Turkish Commission says ‘it’s a boat’...........FALSE

Here is his special report on Ark expose:
creation.com...

I think it has without doubt, and I'm sure you will agree with me after reading the expose, put a nail (excuse the pun) into this ark claim.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by A Conscience

According to the page you rered to, there are several other similar boatshaped formation in the area. And their source: The Turkish Army
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44d05d6658b7.jpg[/atsimg]
Maybe Noah lead an ark regatta?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe there was more than 1 ark
Otherwise, why call it Noah's Ark? Why not just call it the ark?

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am not asking you to buy into the religious and mythologic stories themselves, my question is simply, "Is this formation what the writers of Genesis refered to in their story about the ark of Noah and the great flood?" I believe it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join