It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The demise of the dollar

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uzamaki
Commodity currency's such as Aud, Nzd, and the CAD are gaining the most on the dollor at the moment and will continue also the Yen is very strong. Aud raised interest rates last night to 3.25 % the first country to do so since the slashing of rates. I been trading the forex for 5 years I would advice finding a good broker I could suggest some if your interested and open a trading acct for as low as 500 bucks. Right now making money is as easy as breathing.

ok go ahead and suggest a good broker...one that i might be able to access here in central california

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is all a high stakes game of poker. The rest of the world knows we just have a small pair, and they are holding full houses. In other words, they control our fate. We have nothing to bluff with, and everyone knows it. there is not much the US can do, and everyone knows it.

As with any poker game, sometimes someone tries to bluff, and there can be repercussions, but sooner or later, if the bluff is called, you have to show what you have.

Everyone knew this was going to happen sooner or later. How many blogs have been written on the subject? Now the world openly says what we knew they were going to do anyway. The US is forced to play their hand. it won't be pretty. Anyone check the price of gold today???? Hummm, that's an interesting price spike. just a coincidence I guess....

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

i don´t see why would the us fall that way
germany syrvived pretty well with the mark, france with the franc.. and so many others... the us have everything to remain a superpower and to find a solution for that problem...

a world currency can came up and the us can lead that way... a new economy not strictly based on oil can evolve and the us has the industrial and technological strength to lead that path...

please people be positive and go beyond diagnosing the problems...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This isn't happening anytime soon, at any rate. U.S. currency is too tightly knit into the world's economy at the moment. Just look at the impact a recession in the U.S. had for the entire world. I don't think they would welcome a complete collapse, and in fact, would do everything in their power to prevent it, at least as long as our money is tied up so tightly into their own interests.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
This is all a high stakes game of poker. The rest of the world knows we just have a small pair, and they are holding full houses.

If you are going to use the Poker metaphor, the US has been pulling Faces and Aces out of its sleeve so long, hardly bothering to hide the fact. There's a big pile of chips in front of US most of which are borrowed. With a belt full of guns and some thugs standing along the wall, everyone knows they can't take US. So they ply US with booze and pretzels and plan to trip US when it comes time to take a piss. Hopefully they can get their chips back when they help US pick'em'up!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Contradicting the OP's story:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeTo23
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

People accomplish everything. We we need to decide to do is work together for advancement. Let go of the worldly crap that does us no good.

Yes brother, you need to take the vow of poverty and let it go. Could you please let it go into my paypal account. I really could use some of the worldly stuff to pay my bills.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the reason they could deny it is because they were meeting about what to do with all of the US dollar assets they already hold.

They know thye crash is coming, and are scheming on ways to get rid of the dollar assets without causing a real panic and making it worse.

Catch 22 if ever there was one. In the end, all nations will have to band together and get rid of the money altogether.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Man! You beat me to it!

Originally posted by TimeTo23
It is not all bad. Think about it

1) It would not longer be cheaper to have our goods made in China. The industrial engine of America is started again?

Americans will also buy less stuff that can easily do without. We'll have denim jeans made in the United States again!

3) We would be forced to retool our defunct manufacturing sector and produce alternative fuel cars, since we can no longer afford oil.

Indeed, we could lift Cuba embargo and produce lots of fuel form sugar cane, which is so much more efficient than corn.

4) Wow, looks like that would be a big boom for the farming industry since our food is soooo cheap, being a spoiled dollar.

And given our already lion's share of world market in corn, we'd pretty much control food production globally.

9) Any one that has a fixed mortgage has it made. Now that they will be making $5,000 a day, that $2,000 monthly payment is really nothing.

Keep talking... I have a fixed mortgage!

I think the US has more than enough potential to rebuild itself into a more sane and vibrant country.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I trade through FXsolution they allow you trade medals now.... Gold and silver at 400:1 ratio if you so prefer I sure like it. Go to fxsol.com you can start with a demo acct. play with it and open a live when your ready. Also there is a few different platforms I use the G.T.S Pro the only one which allows you to trade gold.

The other I used for years is Interbankfx.com same with the demo you want to get used to the platform before going live. They use a MT4 platform which is widely used in the forex. You can not trade gold or silver here but a good broker I've used them for years.

There is some scammers in the game obviously these brokers I personally have had 50k plus with and have made numerous draws and they usually get your money wired within 1-2 business days to your bank , or a few more days if you want a check.

If you need any other info let me know .

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is one thing seemingly overlooked in all the talk of rebuilding America's manufacturing.That is the issue of the tools which have been sold for scrap and shipped to China.Textiles,plastics,paper,even hand tools.Made in CHINA.We need someone to make the tools to make the tools to make industrial processes go.I'm doing my part.I'm actually surprised they have not outsourced the printing of our money over in CHINA.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
could someone give me a brief insight as to what effect the dollars collapse would have in the uk. Im having a hard time finding info for my side of the pond. i want to know what to prepare for

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron_Sight

Im not 100% but your pound has fallen 10cent on the the dollor the past 3 weeks.... your currency is weak just like ours. Your Gbp is not what it used to be that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
yeah i found that article. personally im gaging our economy on yours being as were up each others arses.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uzamaki
reply to post by jimmyx

I trade through FXsolution they allow you trade medals now.... Gold and silver at 400:1 ratio if you so prefer I sure like it. Go to fxsol.com you can start with a demo acct. play with it and open a live when your ready. Also there is a few different platforms I use the G.T.S Pro the only one which allows you to trade gold.

The other I used for years is Interbankfx.com same with the demo you want to get used to the platform before going live. They use a MT4 platform which is widely used in the forex. You can not trade gold or silver here but a good broker I've used them for years.

There is some scammers in the game obviously these brokers I personally have had 50k plus with and have made numerous draws and they usually get your money wired within 1-2 business days to your bank , or a few more days if you want a check.

If you need any other info let me know .

i traded on THINKORSWIM...5 months paper...10 months real money, back in the last part of 07, and all of 08...they had a forex trading plaform them, but i was too ignorant of the way the BIG BOYS played it, and felt i was at a disadvantage because of that. i had an ACH account and it took about the same time. got caught on the weekend of the bear&sterns manipulation by the BIG BOYS, and lost a s**tload of money, also got a 24k margin call from the broker...so i have been throught the wringer

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
United(6 letters) States (6) Dollar (6)

Many Christians and non-Christians are familiar with the prophecy of the Bible's last book - The Revelation 13:17, "No one can buy or sell unless he has the mark (666)". I occasionally see some 'expert' try to explain this with "everyone will be forced to have a microchip implanted under the skin" or some other wild explanation! But it's really very simple. The Bible - in both the Hebrew Jewish Scriptures (Old Testament) and Greek Christian Scriptures ('New' Testament) was written using gematria. The languages were alphanumeric, whereas, every letter, word, or phrase equalled a number. But adding up the sum of a name, i.e. David=40 (D4+a1+v22+i9+d4) is not the 1st step of gematria: counting the number of letters in a word is much simpler, i.e. David=5. Therefore...

Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6) is the "1st Beast" and...

George (6) Walker (6) Bush Jr.(6) is the "2nd Beast".

The good news about this prophecy being fulfilled is that the Christ has returned, he's a cool guy (albeit a little pissed-off), and now humanity can finally use the "7 seals" and other new information to finally create a 'heaven on Earth' for everyone.

A North American Union is not nearly as good and all-inclusive as a
North America/Central America/Caribbean Union or NACACU and the acronym makes a good name for the new currency which will replace the US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Mexican Peso, etc.: the NACACU (which sounds Native-American).

United (6 letters) States (6) Dollar (6)

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Brad Watson]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
brad watson...this is like that movie "23" staring jim carry as a nutball that saw the number 23 in everything.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Americans of days gone by wouldn't have let it come to this. The best solution would have been to piss off China so they attack, bomb them to the stone age and then print money and lend it to them so they can rebuild. Modern Americans are too busy apologising for everything as if they are trying to win a popularity contest but this isn't about popularity it's about power. It is better to be feared than loved in this cut throat world and no one fears America anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
Americans of days gone by wouldn't have let it come to this. The best solution would have been to piss off China so they attack, bomb them to the stone age

Killing millions of people abroad to simply keep your economy afloat is a truly disgusting concept which can only come from a vile person.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm not American and I wasn't being serious but if you have a better plan I would like to hear it!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Jacob08]

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join