It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The demise of the dollar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Also, as a mom who knows of what she speaks...

Cleaning up your own mess may be a real pain... but..

Cleaning up other peoples messes is always awful and never done well and often just left, ignored, to fester...

the mess I'm referring to could be U.S.

(but you could easily substitute Somalia... or, oh heavens... so many... where to start... you get the point.)

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
No problem Eddie. The US dollar is used as the world reserve currency. What this means is that international trade is always priced and settled in US Dollars.

Often, but not always. The company that I work for in the UK trades mainly with companies in South America and Asia. Believe it or not, the majority of our contracts are set out in euro, not in US dollars. As for the Sterling, it is only used within the UK.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uzamaki
reply to post by Iron_Sight

Im not 100% but your pound has fallen 10cent on the the dollor the past 3 weeks.... your currency is weak just like ours. Your Gbp is not what it used to be that's for sure.

That's because we're printing about as much new money as the USA, percentage-wise. I hedge my Sterling with EUR/GBP forex trading.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Jacob08
Americans of days gone by wouldn't have let it come to this. The best solution would have been to piss off China so they attack, bomb them to the stone age

Killing millions of people abroad to simply keep your economy afloat is a truly disgusting concept which can only come from a vile person.

It would not be stated that way, but rather as "democratising" or something similar.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
the iranian oil bourse has already started this in 2007. i just had to grow.
this was the intention of the market on the island of kish from the beginning.
they've been giving us enough rope to hang ourselves for a long time.
they just needed a radical muslim bent on destroying the US, and we got him.
the first thing the chinese,and the countries will do is deny. that way when they buy the entire country, the silence AND THE SECRECY, will take away the fear of the crash . this way the currency will remain stable until they spend the money by buying america ,which is the only way to get rid of it. it will be too late when we find out whats going on. the dollar will collapse,and it's
WELCOME TO THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF OBAMA..
just look at the reaction,when tptb said there was no problem here,move on, it 's ok!
this is the way to eliminate the debt the gov has buried us under.it will force the US to go with the global currency,and dump the entire debt in our laps.

vaseline,anyone? get it now,when hypeR inflation hits,you'll have to go dry! ouch!!!!
get all the gold you can, and get as many small denomination silver coinsathat you can get yuor hands on. if you have big gold,no onr=e will be able to make change.try to stock up on canned vegetables that are packed in water..
and dont forget to hide them well,because if they declare martial law,you won't own anything. NOTHING. food.water,fuel.vehicles,houses,and they will seperate your families.

GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
I am not very clued up with how the money system works. Would someone be kind enough to explain what possible outcomes could happen (if the dollar is dropped by said nations) to other countries than the U.S. I live in the UK. How/would this effect us over here.

Thanks

Ed

There is a lot of material floating around on the net that you can read - I recommend The Money Matrix series of articles. Also, anything regarding the US Federal Reserve - you have the Bank of England (BoE) - which is identical to the US Fed, in fact it was around before the US Fed and was the model they would have used to create the Fed.

In the UK your problems are equally as crippling as in the US. Your money is also going to suffer inflationary pressure - and fall in value. Your country is in extremely poor financial shape, and is probably going to suffer economic collapse - or massive inflation. The BoE has been suffering from a lack of interest in its bond sales to fund its deficits - and I would say the UK and US are going to suffer fairly similar fates.

Most of the world is very likely going to suffer financial collapse within 2 years or so - probably less.

If you have any saved money, you should buy silver bullion - the stock markets are going to get slaughtered, so be cautious if you have money invested in them. They probably have some life in them for a while - but the fall is likely to be sudden and total.

While precious metals should protect your wealth - such as gold will - if you buy silver coins or bars you stand to make an incredible profit within the next few years. I expect the value of silver will multiply many times over due to being revalued as a precious metal - and also because it is now even more scarce then gold - so an increase of 10 times or more is easily achievable. Personally I think it may increase to around 100 times its current price within 2 to 8 years - maybe steadily, more likely in sharp increases followed by flat lining.

EDIT: When I talk about the price of silver, I am not referring to its price in a currency such as USD - I mean its purchasing power versus other commodities, such as oil, rice, wheat and so on.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Jacob08
Americans of days gone by wouldn't have let it come to this. The best solution would have been to piss off China so they attack, bomb them to the stone age

Killing millions of people abroad to simply keep your economy afloat is a truly disgusting concept which can only come from a vile person.

It would not be stated that way, but rather as "democratising" or something similar.

Exactly. What kind of evil and cruel person would not want the good people of China to enjoy democracy and freedom? As we all know, the best way to achieve real freedom is to be bombed to the stone age by America

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Originally posted by johnny2127
No problem Eddie. The US dollar is used as the world reserve currency. What this means is that international trade is always priced and settled in US Dollars.

Often, but not always. The company that I work for in the UK trades mainly with companies in South America and Asia. Believe it or not, the majority of our contracts are set out in euro, not in US dollars. As for the Sterling, it is only used within the UK.

This wasn't the sort of trade I was talking about, although as you said, most of the time companies do use the dollar as well. The trade I am talking about is when companies or nations buy, sell or trade commodities or goods. Gold, silver, wheat, pork bullies, food, grain, oil, gas, etc.. You get the point.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
WELCOME TO THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF OBAMA..

What does Obama have to do with that?

vaseline,anyone?

I take it you are quite experienced with using it. Thanks but no thanks.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Your answer: The One Thing: 10/7
www.foxnews.com...

Ooopsy!!!! I guess others are taking notice.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It just keeps coming. But no worries...the DOW is up over 10,000!

www.bloomberg.com...

The dollar may drop to 50 yen next year and eventually lose its role as the global reserve currency, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.’s chief strategist said, citing trading patterns and a likely double dip in the U.S. economy.

“The U.S. economy will deteriorate into 2011 as the effects of excess consumption and the financial bubble linger,” said Daisuke Uno at Sumitomo Mitsui, a unit of Japan’s third- biggest bank. “The dollar’s fall won’t stop until there’s a change to the global currency system.” The dollar last week dropped to the lowest in almost a year against the yen as record U.S. government borrowings and interest rates near zero sapped demand for the U.S. currency. The Dollar Index, which tracks the greenback against the currencies of six major U.S. trading partners, has fallen 15 percent from its peak this year to as low as 75.211 today, the lowest since August 2008. The gauge is about five points away from its record low in March 2008, and the dollar is 2.5 percent away from a 14-year low against the yen.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
the collapse of the dollar isnt a conspiracy by foreign leaders. Look up the federal reserve or just type in end the fed and you'll see what im talking about

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenyanbornobama
the collapse of the dollar isnt a conspiracy by foreign leaders. Look up the federal reserve or just type in end the fed and you'll see what im talking about

For many reasons americans have been indoctrinated to think that always someone (foreign country) is doing something to them... come on... your politicians did it for you for decades. Don't use the blame other game for your problems created by yourselves.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
IMO, it's like beating a dead horse. It will happen. unfortunately...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join