It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The demise of the dollar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The demise of the dollar

www.independent.co.uk

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history, Gulf Arabs are planning – along with China, Russia, Japan and France – to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And so it begins, this is the death knell of the Republic. All the dire warnings about the summer of hell are coming to fruition, albeit a few months late.

This is the signal for the beginning of hyperinflation if all those dollars start coming home to roost. As far as I'm concerned, this is very worrisome if it happens.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yep. There has been warnings for a while now.

It looks like things have finally begun that will send our economy into an even deeper depression.

Too bad. We should have listened to Ron Paul more.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Secret meetings have already been held by finance ministers and central bank governors in Russia, China, Japan and Brazil to work on the scheme, which will mean that oil will no longer be priced in dollars.

Dont you just love the words Central Bankers and Finance Ministers...

Need more thought on those words..

www.g20.org...
What is the G-20

The Group of Twenty (G-20) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors was established in 1999 to bring together systemically important industrialized and developing economies to discuss key issues in the global economy. The inaugural meeting of the G-20 took place in Berlin, on December 1516, 1999, hosted by German and Canadian finance ministers.

Makes it all warm in good inside that these guys are looking out for us dont it?

3 words I learn from this posts..

North American Union

followed by:
Amero

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Seriously? Everyone and their cat is predicting total cataclysm on October 25th. The plunge of the dollar included (as I stay on topic).

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm Maybe it's a good thing!Maybe it will be an opportunity for America to start producing instead of just consuming again.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well looking thru the article it says in 9 years.

Not exactly anytime soon but it'll be interesting to see the repercussions from this.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And I noticed something interesting at the end of that report..

Iran announced late last month that its foreign currency reserves would henceforth be held in euros rather than dollars. Bankers remember, of course, what happened to the last Middle East oil producer to sell its oil in euros rather than dollars. A few months after Saddam Hussein trumpeted his decision, the Americans and British invaded Iraq.

Interesting that.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Germany and france have been wanting to "take care" of America since the end of World war II, they know that they could not beat us, so the next best thing is to collapse our finacial strangle hold on the world.. in a way we have made our own bed we became arrgoant and lazy, now its time to see the mettle of America, will we go the ways of past Americans, rebuild and come out even stronger or will go the way of Weimer Republic to be toppled by a NAZI Regiem?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

double post please delete.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Seriously? Everyone and their cat is predicting total cataclysm on October 25th. The plunge of the dollar included (as I stay on topic).

Just had a new baby, so I'm not reading quite as much as I use to, can you point me to some links please?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Just had a new baby, so I'm not reading quite as much as I use to, can you point me to some links please?

Here's one of 'em: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just so Y'all know...

This is also being discussed here...

Secret Moves To Stop Using Dollar For Oil Trading
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is the first salvo in a much larger economic war that will eventually be fought. Hopefully it doesn't result in military war, although if historical precedent is any indication, that will not be the case.

The thing most people don't realize though, is that will the demise of the dollar, inflation will get insane in this country. We buy most of our good overseas and import them. With a dramatically weakened dollar it will cost more dollars to buy them. Causing dramatic inflation, economic contraction, further strain on the job market, decline in corporate profits, problems on the stock markets, etc. My point is, things are going to get choppy. Hold on, keep your eyes open, for history is being made......

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being discussed, whos first?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Methinks the thing to watch is the relative prices of gold in the suspected replacement currencies vs. dollars.If the value of $ goes down,gold will cost more in $,while at the same time in say Euro's,the price line stays the same or rises slower.
There is the factor of whether it would be in their interest to keep it manipulated to conceal?Remember those two Chinese guys caught with alla that money (trying to smuggle it into Switzerland) in Italy a few months back?BILLIONS!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not that it matters to me...maybe a Mod...

18:31 vs 19:22...

It's all good...

On Topic: Keeping Timewave Zero in mind...9 Yrs would equate to 9 Mths these days?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Secret meetings have already been held by finance ministers and central bank governors in Russia, China, Japan and Brazil to work on the scheme, which will mean that oil will no longer be priced in dollars.

Secret meetings?
This is the proof that this has been planned all along. The collapse of the dollar has been engineered by our enemies and they had help from the inside. The financial collapse and the bailout was all part of the plan. This is the beginning of the end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join