It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Would you lie?

Would you steal?

Would you inflict pain?

Would you manipulate?

Would you cheat?

Would you bend the rules?

Would you compromise your integrity?

Would you take someones job?

Would you threaten someone?

Would you kill?

Now ask yourself what you would do for 10 million. How about 100 million? And then of course, how a bout 1 billion?

Here is a forum talking about global meltdown. What seems to be the main focus in this forum? Economic immoralities. Why? Simple answer, no? Money and power...

Ask yourself why it is our corporate and political moguls continue down their career paths? How does one become mega rich and hence mega powerful? You think by straight as an arrow fairness and integrity?

I would be willing to bet not one human who has made over 10 million dollars has their hands completely dirt and/or blood free.

Now, ask yourself if these same rich, powerful people for the first 25 years of their life woke up every morning and told themselves: "Hey, you know what? I cant wait until I can screw the little guy for that first million." Or "I cant wait to bend the rules and change policies for that first 10 million."

I dont think anyone went into the game with those intentions...well, maybe some...But I would be willing to bet the majority went into the game thinking they can change it from the inside...

Whats my point? The point is I would bet 99% of you (and I) would do the exact same thing... So what if a few thousand people loose their jobs...Ill make an extra 5 mill just by sending a few lobbyist to washington, sending that 5 krt. necklace to the wife of that opposition senator, and cutting a few hundred jobs...What is the big deal?

Well, maybe that is just the problem. For all our differences: democrat... republican. Liberal...conservative. Religious...non religious. We sure all seem to have one thing in common: greed.

So, I suppose if we want to stop "Global Meltdown" then we must limit greed. So to you I say: How?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's not so much what WOULD I do for a million dollars.

The question is, what WOULDN'T I do for a million.

Not much I'm thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
in honesty, i dont think id do any wrong to make currency flow.
and because of that I label myself a person with no cash. lol

of course until I find a good way to make money without doing any harm.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by platipus]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I so fundimentaly disagree that its silly .

you can get a million , or ever 5 million harming others...
but when you talk 200 million and more... they all have one common thread .

every one wins .

they craft business deals where every one wins .
if your employees have no self intrest in seeing you succeed...
your not going to succeed for very long .

if microsoft was not protecting its friends , and ripping its enemys... it never would have got a monopoly .

ford sold cars that people wanted and could afford , every one was a winner .

the most common trait of the poor is pride . to proud to work for this person or that person . to proud to go to school , or do the job required .

when your pride is all you have left , it will keep you in poverty.

congressman are proffessional beggers , they are asking for money and faviors from every person they come in contact with .
politians have no pride at all , but that is the price of the power they hold...

what would I do for 200 million dollors?
be humble , sell my pride , take care of people that activly disgust me , help creatures of the shadow that are revolting , miserable creatures with out pride , honor or anything like my respect ....

make sure every one wins ? make sure every one is better off?
put asside everything , to enssure every one wins?

bernie madoff is the person you discribe.

bill gates and paul allen are who come to my mind .

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Umm...

D. All of the above.

And if you up it to 10 million, 100 million or 1 billion you can add more to the list, cause I just can't see myself working for the rest of my life.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
heh...

heh, heh....

I would do something legal, honest. But let's face it, debt is debt. There is no money.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I kinda want to go ahead and answer my own question here. Recently, I have become a big fan of batman (the new movies)...and of course the first one with Michael Keeton as batman and Jack Nocholson as Joker...always a classic...

Anyway, what those movies represent to me is justice. Or at least the fight against in-justice on a personal level...The cops werent performing it. The politicians could give a crap about it. The people became self defeating and just gave in to it...No one cared.

The only way I feel things can be changed in D.C. or any other decision making conglomerate of a city is through each and every one of us practicing our own version of vigilantism (not that batman style to be clear
), but the Martin Luther King jr. style.

In other words (please excuse the french)in all essence of what the man stood for it was basically this: # what you heard, # what you think and # the system. Of course it was expressed in a much more elequant and intelligent way....

If there are any lessons that can be learned from stories like Batman and/ or MLK jr. ( I know you wouldnt normally associate the two) It is that each one of us have the power to make our own decisions. You have everything you need to be the moralistic and ethical person you know you can be. You need nothing from anybody or anything to make the right decisions each and every time...

Be it to not call the taxi when you are done drinking at the bar to having the gumption to stand up and for the guy that is getting blamed on the jobsite for your # up...

So when you have the chance to make that first million by producing a product, you are going to think aout the materials used to make it, the people who are going to labor it, and all the decisions that concern your fellow human around you first before the thought of, "hey I might be able to increase profit by screwing the guy next to me"...hopefully...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
It's not so much what WOULD I do for a million dollars.

The question is, what WOULDN'T I do for a million.

Not much I'm thinking.

I hear ya..... that list would be shorter

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
thats pretty cool..lots of honest answers..

not sure what i wouldnt do for 10 mill...1 million is nothing these days...

a house. a car.. a few sweet vacations and poof...gone...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
Would you lie?

Would you steal?

Yes

Would you inflict pain?

No, that's one thing I wouldn't do.

Would you manipulate?

Why Not, that's how most everybody else does it.

Would you cheat?

Would you bend the rules?

Absolutely, I do that now

Would you compromise your integrity?

Ha, As if I already haven't lol

Would you take someones job?

In a NY minute!!!!!!!

Would you threaten someone?

I already do a lot of this anyway, so absolutely!

Would you kill?

Nope, not willing to do that.

yourself what you would do for 10 million. How about 100 million? And then of course, how a bout 1 billion?

Here is a forum talking about global meltdown. What seems to be the main focus in this forum? Economic immoralities. Why? Simple answer, no? Money and power...

Ask yourself why it is our corporate and political moguls continue down their career paths? How does one become mega rich and hence mega powerful? You think by straight as an arrow fairness and integrity?

I would be willing to bet not one human who has made over 10 million dollars has their hands completely dirt and/or blood free.

Now, ask yourself if these same rich, powerful people for the first 25 years of their life woke up every morning and told themselves: "Hey, you know what? I cant wait until I can screw the little guy for that first million." Or "I cant wait to bend the rules and change policies for that first 10 million."

I dont think anyone went into the game with those intentions...well, maybe some...But I would be willing to bet the majority went into the game thinking they can change it from the inside...

Whats my point? The point is I would bet 99% of you (and I) would do the exact same thing... So what if a few thousand people loose their jobs...Ill make an extra 5 mill just by sending a few lobbyist to washington, sending that 5 krt. necklace to the wife of that opposition senator, and cutting a few hundred jobs...What is the big deal?

Well, maybe that is just the problem. For all our differences: democrat... republican. Liberal...conservative. Religious...non religious. We sure all seem to have one thing in common: greed.

So, I suppose if we want to stop "Global Meltdown" then we must limit greed. So to you I say: How?

You can't limit greed, and so why B&&&& about it?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

dude..you found your acalling! you should be a politician!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My response is the same as those klondike bar ads on TV.

What would I do? Nothing, now wheres my money?

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Slash]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

can't never went to harvard yale or princeton, I'd get nowhere. lol.Too bad because I would like to kick out 2/3 rds of the politicians in charge right now~!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Too bad because I would like to kick out 2/3 rds of the politicians in charge right now~!!!!

Case in point..

Why, when you just said you would be willing to do the exact same things they do! How would you be any different?

You already admitted it...you wouldnt...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ok , so you want a bazillion dollors...

here is my pitch , I will show you how !

first read this thread :

tidal turban : ocean electrical power genaration ..

then understand what I have done to get it done .
I talked to abc , nbc , cbs , cnn ... the local tv stations in portland oregon...

they won't touch it... I am a 30,ooo/ year crazy old inventor .
they never had the slightest intrest in the idea .

I talked to terry emert , the 6th or 7th rich's man in the area.
he was polite and the only person to give it even a passing glance.
( frankly speaking , he seemed like a very nice man )
but pass'd because , its to hot , and to big ...

I have talked to my local democrat congressional rep in my district... its not health care ...and... it will be opposed by local enviormental groups / its never been done , its not wind power.
( frankly he seemed afraid of it )

the only people who seem the least bit intrested are the people who actualy look at the idea .

but you need to fully understand what this is....

the young man at the friends of the earth told me... this would require " gate way legislation " to get hydrolic lines across the beach .

that means... if this idea can take hydrolic lines across the beach... other projects will want the same treatment .

if some how , I can get biologicaly friendly enviromentaly friendly power hydrolic lines across the beach ....

we , my good friend are looking at a 10 billion dollor a year industry over night ...

... and I can't get a proof of concept buildt with out going to fedaral prison for violation of the clean water act and oregon state zoneing laws ....

totaly green power , 70 Kw electrical genarators sold for 15,ooo.oo to private home owners along every coast line in the world with a ocean current of 3mph or greater .

but it can't be done...

do your home work , all the details are right here ....
just remember who told you about it first ...

and remember... EVERY ONE WINS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would do all of that and more. For a billion i would do anything besides take my own life.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Won't Get Fooled Again" is a song by the rock band The Who.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" is a line in the song...

over and over and over again the cycle revolves..

why?

because of all the honesty that has already been showed in this thread...not saying all these people are immoral..in fact I would say most if not all are good people with moral convictions they have lived their whole lives with..

but introduce exubberant amounts of power and money, and what do we get? the same ole same ole...

the boss never changes...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
( post script )

» Collaborative Writing » tidal turban : ocean electrical power genaration

honestly , I will post more if any one is even slightly intrested

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sadly i dont need a million dollars.. sure would be nice.. but a over kill..
i'm a bit more simple, my goal is to get enough to build my off grid eco friendly home.. and find a job i fully enjoy and dont have to kill my self every day doing, and enjoy life.. Sure i'd like more than what i make now.. ($11 a hour supporting a family of 3 is tight but can be done.)
But as far as riches and all that.. no real need..
My goal is to get enoug land to build cabins to rent out for people wanting to camp, have it set up nice, water features etc. solar power, one center location for net, tv etc.. kind of a gathering building, community style, showers, tv, kitchen, for times its just to cold to cook outside, grow our own food, hunt for food, use the money from the job i enjoy to pay taxes and buy what i cant grow or make, and live the slower pace of life.. i'm tired of the rat race, busting your butt to make someone else rich, while if i am lucky i get a few bucks for a 6pack of beer.. Get back to what life should be, enjoy time with family, enjoy nature... relax a bit..
Sure its still a few years off before i get to make it a reality, but it will happen in time.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

thanks for being honest...you mentality is most definitely the same as the majority of us...

i would like to think I wouldnt do most of those things I listed, but the reality of the situation is that more than likely I would do those same things as well...and probably even more...

again making us all hypocrites when it comes to lambasting the people currently in these types of situations...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join